Transformers News: Power of the Primes Official Images of Dinobots and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Panel at #Hascon

Friday, September 8th, 2017 12:17PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 39,631

We have just posted a rundown of the Transformers brand panel at Hascon and now we have better images of each reveal:

Wave 1 Prime Master Cloudburst and Micronus
Wave 1 Deluxes Slug and Swoop (silhouette)
Wave 1 Voyager Grimlock
Wave 1 Leader Optimus Prime (with Deluxe Orion Pax)
Wave 2 Deluxes Snarl and Sludge
Titan Class Predaking silhouette

There is also a cool shot showing the ecosystem with the Prime Master and it is there that you can see the new combiner hands (on the deluxe's chest) and feet (attacced to Grimlock's forearms). Also, since this means that each combiner, like Volcanicus, will now have an extra pair of combiner hands, you can see in the grey model how those extra hands are used to fill out the combiner's torso.

Enjoy!

Transformers News: Transformers Power of the Primes Images from #Hascon Panel with Dinobots and Leader Optimus Prime

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Power of the Primes Official Images of Dinobots and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Panel at #Hascon (1909318)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on September 8th, 2017 @ 12:18pm CDT
The Combiner Dino's look interesting

& the TR PMOP retool(will it still have the base mode :-?) as G1 Prime looks ok, although weird how we're getting Orion Pax with it instead of Roller(but maybe the Takara Tomy release will give us one :-?)
Re: Power of the Primes Official Images of Dinobots and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Panel at #Hascon (1909319)
Posted by itscramtastic on September 8th, 2017 @ 12:20pm CDT
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to throw money at these things!! Goodbye Masterpieces, you're too dang expensive to keep buying :lol:
Re: Power of the Primes Official Images of Dinobots and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Panel at #Hascon (1909320)
Posted by Kurona on September 8th, 2017 @ 12:21pm CDT
Look at that, suddenly I really friggin' want Cloudburst.
Re: Power of the Primes Official Images of Dinobots and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Panel at #Hascon (1909325)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on September 8th, 2017 @ 12:30pm CDT
Stuartmaximus wrote:The Combiner Dino's look interesting

OP is not a retool, there isn't a single piece on what is shown that is the same as on PMOP, except maybe the wheels. Shared engineering is a possibility, but we would need to see the inside of the trailer to confirm that.

And exactly where to you get the idea that Roller should have been included instead of Orion Pax. The whole gimmick for Leaders is evolution. Did Roller ever evolve into Optimus Prime? :HEADHURTS:
Re: Power of the Primes Official Images of Dinobots and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Panel at #Hascon (1909326)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on September 8th, 2017 @ 12:30pm CDT
Aye, well hopefully it's a first in a line of Pretenders
Re: Power of the Primes Official Images of Dinobots and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Panel at #Hascon (1909327)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on September 8th, 2017 @ 12:32pm CDT
Optimus looks really good but I feel Hasbro just stepped to the line without crossing over. Here's hoping Takara gives us the PMOP/SG that we all thought was coming. Kinda disappointed too that once again we get a Prime with a trailer that's just used to make a bigger bot, at least that's how it looks for now. Other than that everything else looks ok, I hope all the Dinobots come with guns and swords. Oh, Starscream looks a lot better.
Re: Power of the Primes Official Images of Dinobots and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Panel at #Hascon (1909333)
Posted by Va'al on September 8th, 2017 @ 12:39pm CDT
Along with the official images from the panel, site owner Seibertron on the floor at Hascon has sent along images of the newly revealed Transformers: Power of the Primes figures - specifically Leader Optimus Prime and the whole Dinobot squad: Legends Slash, Deluxes Snarl, Sludge, Slug, Swoop, and Voyager Grimlock! Check it all out below.

Re: Power of the Primes Official Images of Dinobots and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Panel at #Hascon (1909334)
Posted by Microraptor on September 8th, 2017 @ 12:43pm CDT
Blue chest Swoop?
Re: Power of the Primes Official Images of Dinobots and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Panel at #Hascon (1909335)
Posted by Kurona on September 8th, 2017 @ 12:45pm CDT
Swoop looks awesome, and words can't express how much I love Slash. I am so picking both of them up! :D
Re: Power of the Primes Official Images of Dinobots and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Panel at #Hascon (1909336)
Posted by Mr.MicroMaster on September 8th, 2017 @ 12:48pm CDT
The Dinobots look so awesome I can't wait to get them all. Optimus looks fantastic.
Re: Power of the Primes Official Images of Dinobots and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Panel at #Hascon (1909337)
Posted by o.supreme on September 8th, 2017 @ 12:49pm CDT
Well they made good on their promise to see more at the booth ;)^ . Love the pics, keep em coming. I wold be completely satisfied if before the end of the weekend we get an official announcement about Starscream, or at least see a digital render of his combined mode, and what it will be named.

The gun placement on Prime in Vehicle mode is...Odd...The robot mode looks amazing, but I'm thinking he is going to have a "thick back" like Rodimus Prime (in fact that may be the case of all leaders)...I can see how some of the engineering form TR PMOP could be seen in this new version, especially with the plates that form the top of the trailer folding in half under the arms etc.... but it still is a new toy.
Re: Power of the Primes Official Images of Dinobots and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Panel at #Hascon (1909338)
Posted by Kurona on September 8th, 2017 @ 12:52pm CDT
I'm surprised and ever so slightly disappointed Hasbro went with the cartoon-accurate blue chest instead of the toy/marvel-accurate red chest -- blue's the one I prefer, but we all know Takara's gonna go with cartoon accuracy so it would have been nice to have options. Either way, I'm not complaining -- like I said, it's my preferred colour and I feel I'm going to be very happy with picking up him and Slash :)
Re: Power of the Primes Official Images of Dinobots and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Panel at #Hascon (1909339)
Posted by frogbat on September 8th, 2017 @ 12:54pm CDT
So glad for this dinobots... combining always kinda made sense but they'll definitely be displayed individually on my shelves. Still need to be sold with that prime...
Re: Power of the Primes Official Images of Dinobots and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Panel at #Hascon (1909340)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on September 8th, 2017 @ 12:54pm CDT
Kurona wrote:words can't express how much I love Slash.
Why?

I'm impressed by Optimus's leader mode, even if I think the truck mode looks hideous. I might pick him up just to keep him in combined robot mode.

As for the Dinobots, I like them as well, but will probably only pick up the original 5. My only gripe is that Sludge is a deluxe. He should be at least a voyager. If they downsized him for the sake of the combiner, they should have just made Slash the 4th limb instead and left Sludge by himself, or had him be interchangeable with Grimlock as the torso.
Re: Power of the Primes Official Images of Dinobots and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Panel at #Hascon (1909341)
Posted by o.supreme on September 8th, 2017 @ 12:55pm CDT
I know this sounds odd...since I've never been one for 3rd party add ons....But with Predaking and Abominus coming out later in this line, we will have 7 of the 9 "Destron Generals" from Zone as modern toys. I'd love it if a 3P developer made some capes & extra bling for the giants, just so we can have TF Zone representation. :-D .
Re: Power of the Primes Official Images of Dinobots and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Panel at #Hascon (1909342)
Posted by Kurona on September 8th, 2017 @ 12:56pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Kurona wrote:words can't express how much I love Slash.
Why?

She just looks great, and these pictures showed something in particular I love -- the Dinobots have kept the transparent stuff they had on their original toys; like Swoop's lower jaw. And Slash goes along with that theme by having the top of her head be that same transparent stuff, which looks great and is just an awesome attention to detail :D

Plus, new character! I love having new characters
Re: Power of the Primes Official Images of Dinobots and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Panel at #Hascon (1909345)
Posted by Kurona on September 8th, 2017 @ 1:06pm CDT
So, what's everyone's want list from the line so far now we have this much officially revealed? For me, it goes something like:-

Prime Masters:-
Cloudburst

Legends:-
Beachcomber
Slash

Deluxe:-
Jazz
Swoop

Leader:-
Optimus

Only counting officially revealed stuff and nothing leaked because, well, while I believe those leaks; at most all we have are blurry jpegs of what those revealed to us. And most of them were just placeholder art. Assuming the figures they revealed goes well then this list will be much bigger, but until I see more... this is my want list :D

Slug, Dreadwind and Darkwing also look pretty cool but not as high a want as these guys.
Re: Power of the Primes Official Images of Dinobots and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Panel at #Hascon (1909346)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on September 8th, 2017 @ 1:07pm CDT
My want list so far is all the Dinobots, and probably Prime and Jazz.
Kurona wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Kurona wrote:words can't express how much I love Slash.
Why?

Plus, new character! I love having new characters
Huh, you're right, I missed that. I'm actually excited to learn what the character's back story is, if she will be given one. And I might change my mind and pick her up along with the other 5.

And yes, I wish Swoop's chest was red as well, even though I also prefer blue. But red is... I don't know, just right. It's what he had in the comics.
Re: Power of the Primes Official Images of Dinobots and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Panel at #Hascon (1909347)
Posted by Kurona on September 8th, 2017 @ 1:10pm CDT
We've seen Slash's bio, and... well, due to multi-lingual stuff, it's embarrassingly short. She'll probably get put in IDW and the third Prime Wars Machinima thing though, so we'll see -- for now, I just love how she looks :D

Re: Power of the Primes Official Images of Dinobots and Leader Optimus Prime from Transformers Panel at #Hascon (1909348)
Posted by ArmadaPrime on September 8th, 2017 @ 1:13pm CDT
Can't help but think that perhaps swoop was "see it in our booth!" to avoid disappointing some at the panel with the chest :lol:
I've always been a blue swoop kinda guy myself though, so he's ticking allllllll the right boxes. Insta-buy right there.
Loving the new approach to HFGs too- having armour and PM integration avoid them being useless on their own, and the feet especially look so much better this time around
Slash is wonderful and makes me incredibly happy
And this isn't half of the (expected) reveals for this weekend! Nitpick as much as you like (I know I will in time), you can't deny we're spoilt rotten.

EDIT: just noticed how much voclanicus' face resembles grimlocks current IDW/mtmte design-wise the crest not so much but the jaw/cheekbones in particular. Beautiful touch, love that kind of easter egg.
Transformers products from AMAZON