Transformers News: Power of the Primes Select Series Red Swoop and Ricochet listings on Midtown Comics

Tuesday, November 6th, 2018 11:22PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: notirishman   Views: 11,648

Power of the Primes was a pretty short line, and many thought Optimal Optimus and Novastar were going to be the last figures of the line. But new listings on Midtown Comics tells us otherwise. These two listings use an interesting sub-title: "Select Series." Even more interesting: the two characters themselves. We have Red Swoop and Ricochet. Red Swoop seems to be a G1-toy redeco of Power of the Primes Deluxe Class, done up in the same colors as the one in the original stock renders for the figure. We also speculate Ricochet will be a redeco of Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Jazz, maybe even come with one of the new Battle Master figures.

The Red Swoop listing can be found here.
The Ricochet listing can be found here.

Thoughts? Be sure to tell us below!
Credit(s): Midtown Comics

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Power of the Primes Select Series Red Swoop and Ricochet listings on Midtown Comics (1992909)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 6th, 2018 @ 11:25pm CST
Hmm. If these prove real, I'm gonna need to rethink my CW/UW/Potpie Combiner plans to see if I can fit them in somehow, which there is a possibility since I've given up my plans to make a definite Magnificent Six survivors combiner out of Inferno.
Re: Power of the Primes Select Series Red Swoop and Ricochet listings on Midtown Comics (1992911)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on November 6th, 2018 @ 11:31pm CST
If it's true we're getting Richoet/Stepper, I might actual retire my United Jazz from my Classics shelf and replace him with his Power of the Primes self. I like traditional mold-mates from G1 to match each other in my modern displays, so if I can get a "PotP" Richoet to go with Jazz, I'll be set. I love the RtS/United Jazz mold, but it's just getting to be too big compared to recent figures. He'll dwarf even Siege Ironhide and Ratchet, unfortunately. It's time to downsize to a more modern scale friendly version of Jazz. At least PotP Jazz is still a pretty good figure, and it's got an more cartoon accurate robot mode what with the lack of door wings.

Re: Power of the Primes Select Series Red Swoop and Ricochet listings on Midtown Comics (1992913)
Posted by Manterax Prime on November 6th, 2018 @ 11:58pm CST
Wolfman Jake wrote:This also gives me some hope that, through this so called "Select Series" line, we might get Greenlight and Lancer combiner limbs (probably from the Moonracer/Firestar mold) for Elita Infin1te, and if we're REALLY good, maybe Buster and Hydra repaints from Dreadwind and Darkwing to go with Megascream. I hope this is real.

Do keep in mind it could just be these 2 as they were "teased" via packaging, with Ricochet possibly being Elta Infinte's right leg and Swoop being red in his render.
Re: Power of the Primes Select Series Red Swoop and Ricochet listings on Midtown Comics (1992915)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 7th, 2018 @ 12:03am CST
Well, Elita-Infin1te will be officially complete if true, as her art shows a dark grey leg using Jazz' design:

You can barely make it out. Also, toy Swoop head or bust!
Re: Power of the Primes Select Series Red Swoop and Ricochet listings on Midtown Comics (1992916)
Posted by o.supreme on November 7th, 2018 @ 12:03am CST
YES YES YES!!!!! PotP may have a little life left. Just enough *hopefully* to finish those combiners. Though a Red Swoop holds no interest for me (unless it can somehow be head cannoned as a different character), but Riccochet definitely does. I was 5 Heroic Deluxes way from perfect completion, now It's down to 4. Today was a good day. 8-)
Re: Power of the Primes Select Series Red Swoop and Ricochet listings on Midtown Comics (1992918)
Posted by joevill on November 7th, 2018 @ 12:35am CST
Got it, thanks!
Re: Power of the Primes Select Series Red Swoop and Ricochet listings on Midtown Comics (1992923)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on November 7th, 2018 @ 1:20am CST
Optimal Optimus: Yes, please, THANK you, this is a load of rubbish that the FAN-VOTE Prime is so impossible to find here in the US.

Red Swoop and Ricochet: That's...really interesting, if that's true. It seems really likely to be true, given we already know that the toy-accurate Swoop head exists and the art for Elita-1's combined mode has had what appears to be a Ricochet on it from the start. I am really curious now though: Are these figures going to have different accessories than Swoop and Jazz, how exactly are they going to be released (are they exclusives?), and how many other previously unreleased PotP tooling remnants are going to see show up in this "Select Series"?
Re: Power of the Primes Select Series Red Swoop and Ricochet listings on Midtown Comics (1992925)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 7th, 2018 @ 2:12am CST
Nemesis Primal wrote:(...) and how many other previously unreleased PotP tooling remnants are going to see show up in this "Select Series"?

:BOOM: WAVERIDER!!! :BOOM:
Re: Power of the Primes Select Series Red Swoop and Ricochet listings on Midtown Comics (1992927)
Posted by ausbot on November 7th, 2018 @ 2:31am CST
I hope they finally release the demolishor headed onslaught.
Re: Power of the Primes Select Series Red Swoop and Ricochet listings on Midtown Comics (1992929)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on November 7th, 2018 @ 2:35am CST
notirishman wrote:[...] We also speculate Ricochet will be a redeco of Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Jazz, maybe even come with one of the new Battle Master figures. [...]
As both figures are at the same pricepoint I guess both come with a Battle Master or none of them.

[EDIT]:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

:BOOM: WAVERIDER!!! :BOOM:
Maybe he's the additional figure for Red Swoop if Ricochet gets a Battle Master. But is that possible at this pricepoint because Arcee's, Grotusque's, Blast Off's, Repugnus' and Counterpunch's pricepoint has been at $25 and they only came with a Titan/Prime Master? And I know they also had better paintjobs.

ausbot wrote:I hope they finally release the demolishor headed onslaught.
That would be nice but I still want a War for Cybertron (2010 game) Demolishor. Would be awesome if they release him in the new WfC Trilogy.
Re: Power of the Primes Select Series Red Swoop and Ricochet listings on Midtown Comics (1992934)
Posted by Caelus on November 7th, 2018 @ 3:23am CST
Maybe Swoop will come with a Pteraxadon repaint.
Re: Power of the Primes Select Series Red Swoop and Ricochet listings on Midtown Comics (1992935)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on November 7th, 2018 @ 3:30am CST
Caelus wrote:Maybe Swoop will come with a Pteraxadon repaint.

...into a little Targetmaster Swoop? That really wouldn't make any sense.
Re: Power of the Primes Select Series Red Swoop and Ricochet listings on Midtown Comics (1992936)
Posted by Coptur on November 7th, 2018 @ 3:32am CST
Re: Power of the Primes Select Series Red Swoop and Ricochet listings on Midtown Comics (1992942)
Posted by Flashwave on November 7th, 2018 @ 4:19am CST
Now that I have Blue Swoop, not sure I want to double dip on Swoop. Richochet could be tempting. But as someone else said, not quite ready to give up my RTS Jazz, even if the tampos are rubbing off.

Coptur wrote:If they do any Armada characters i would prefer they do a fresh take on the original designs and not just stick their heads on older moulds

Fresh Takes mean all new molds which mean far higher sales figures to break even than an Exclusive is going to bring in. We know about Demolisher because we have seen Demolisher. When they made the head for Onslaughtm they made the head mold for Demolisher as well. It already exists, its a matter of whether Hasbro follows through and uses them or not.
Re: Power of the Primes Select Series Red Swoop and Ricochet listings on Midtown Comics (1992944)
Posted by Caelus on November 7th, 2018 @ 5:04am CST
Lunatic Prime wrote:
Caelus wrote:Maybe Swoop will come with a Pteraxadon repaint.

...into a little Targetmaster Swoop? That really wouldn't make any sense.

Am I the only one that has Titans Return Deluxe Repugnus wielding Titan Master Repugnus?
Re: Power of the Primes Select Series Red Swoop and Ricochet listings on Midtown Comics (1992946)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on November 7th, 2018 @ 5:37am CST
Caelus wrote:
Lunatic Prime wrote:
Caelus wrote:Maybe Swoop will come with a Pteraxadon repaint.

...into a little Targetmaster Swoop? That really wouldn't make any sense.

But he comes with a cartoon-accurate Repugnus head as well as TR Ptero comes with a cartoon-accurate Swoop head. Or the Mini-Con they released in G1 Swoop colors in an Evolution 2-Pack together with AoE Strafe for the movie line. Those actually make sense.
I mean of course it's not totally impossible but just because both are Pteranodons? That seems a bit too mindless to me. I would except that of a kids toys line but not for the stuff meant for collectors. Or at least not without a good background story but I don't think they'll do that just for a minor recolor.
Re: Power of the Primes Select Series Red Swoop and Ricochet listings on Midtown Comics (1992961)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on November 7th, 2018 @ 7:56am CST
Re: Power of the Primes Select Series Red Swoop and Ricochet listings on Midtown Comics (1992962)
Posted by william-james88 on November 7th, 2018 @ 8:06am CST
Rodimus Knight wrote:Will Red Swoop and Ricochet be exclusives for Midtown Comics or will they have a wider release?

nobody knows right now
Re: Power of the Primes Select Series Red Swoop and Ricochet listings on Midtown Comics (1992970)
Posted by RiddlerJ on November 7th, 2018 @ 8:43am CST
Sparkimus Prime wrote:
Cobotron wrote:Sabrblade! Was it you who mentioned that Wreck-Gar's elbows are swapped from the factory?

Mine were. A minor repair, but not necessarily an easy one. Just took some slightly scary pushing and twisting to get those mushroom pegs to slide out. Not to mention correcting the position of the front fork was a bit freaky. It's turned 180 so it fits in the blister. The plastic is soft and should be handled delicately.

I bought 2 more Wreck-Gars for my brother and another friend, and their elbows are on the wrong side too. I'm guessing this is a widespread mis-assembly.

What's with all the factory errors/mis-assemblies lately? :???:

I just wanted to thank you for the insight you gave on the fix. I am an amateur when it comes to taking apart/putting together. I had 2 Wreck-Gar to fix and 3 of the 4 mushroom pegs were fairly easy. The last peg was hell on earth, my thumbs are still stinging. Thankfully I managed to fix them with very little issues. The ratchet on one arm is a little loose but overall it's good. I used my CW Groove as a reference point. Thanks again.

Any advice on getting those mushroom pegs out? The ones on my Wreck-Gar won't budge.
Re: Power of the Primes Select Series Red Swoop and Ricochet listings on Midtown Comics (1992971)
Posted by RiddlerJ on November 7th, 2018 @ 8:44am CST
Red Swoop and Ricochet,

eeeeeeeee.jpg

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #211 - On The Prowl
"On The Prowl"
Posted: Sunday, November 4th, 2018

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Premium Series: Cannon Bumblebee Action Figure Movie RotF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robot Heroes x6 Ratchet Jazz Frenzy Bumblebee Barricade Blackout" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer SCORN movie figure cyberfire" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet Mask Kids Childrens" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS: MOVIE COLLECTION VOLUME 1 By Chris Ryall *Excellent Condition*" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Action Master Mainframe sealed" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers 5 Black Mamba Alloy Infantry Roadblock Police Car MPM05" on EBAY
Buy "COBRA COMMANDER KIDROBOT TRANSFORMERS vs. GI JOE MYSTERY ENAMEL PIN 1/20 TA702" on EBAY