Power of the Primes Wave 2 Case Breakdowns: Prime Master, Voyager, Leader

Power of the Primes Wave 2 Case Breakdowns: Prime Master, Voyager, Leader

Tuesday, November 14th, 2017 7:13pm CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Qwan   Views: 28,385

Via online retailer SouthernHobby, we have listings for the Wave 2 assortments of Power of the Primes, and with them breakdowns of the case contents for Prime Master, Voyager, and Leader classes!

A Wave 2 case of Prime Masters (listed as Power Masters on their site) will reportedly consist of:
- Skullgrin [with Liege Maximo] x 2
- Metalhawk [with Vector Prime] x 2
- Submarauder [with Alchemist Prime] x 4
- Landmine [with Alpha Trion] x 4

Of note here is the fact that the new figures in Wave 2 (Submarauder and Landmine) are packed four per case, while the repacks from Wave 1 are only packed at two per case. The new toys being twice as common as the older ones is good news for collectors - that means there should be a good chance of seeing them around instead of just more Wave 1 figures!

A case of Voyagers contains:
- Hun-Gurrr x 1
- Elita-1 x 1

Which are both new toys to Wave 2, so no repacks at all here. It may mean that Grimlock and Starscream will be a touch less common than if they'd been repacked in Wave 2, but it also means that Hun-Gurr and Elita-1 should be plentiful once this wave hits.

And finally, a Leader case is comprised of:
- Optimus Prime x 1
- Rodimus Unicronus x 1

Meaning that from what we know, the Leader class has the lowest ratio of new to repacked toys in this wave, at 1:1. Those looking for Rodimus Unicronus may find him surrounded by a considerable number of Optimus Primes hailing from both Waves 1 and 2. However, we also know that Optimus does tend to sell quite well, so these cases will likely have a high turnover regardless and Rodimus Unicronus should still be relatively common on store shelves.

The site also has listings for Legends and Deluxe assortments, but there's no information on what the breakdowns of these cases will look like as of yet. Rest assured we'll share those as soon as information arises, but for now, we'd love to hear what you have to say in the Energon Pub! Do these assortments look good to you, or would you have preferred a different ratio of certain figures? Share your thoughts on what we have so far, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com for more Power of the Primes news as it happens!

Credit(s): SouthernHobby

Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Case Breakdowns: Prime Master, Voyager, Leader (1921738)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on November 14th, 2017 @ 7:29pm CST
Found all four thanks to the DCPI!

Only opened Dreadwind so far, but I'm very impressed. Tight joints, tidy tampographs, and seeing them now in hand, I realize that yes, you can use the hand/heel thing as a power gauntlet. Every single one of the figures in wave one has a 5mm port on it's forearm, so you can attach the fist and close it around their lower arm.

Sorry this is sideways, but I think it gets the point across anyway.
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Case Breakdowns: Prime Master, Voyager, Leader (1921745)
Posted by Rysquad on November 14th, 2017 @ 7:52pm CST
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Case Breakdowns: Prime Master, Voyager, Leader (1921746)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on November 14th, 2017 @ 7:58pm CST
Ready for battle.

15107109753251469311346.jpg
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Case Breakdowns: Prime Master, Voyager, Leader (1921747)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on November 14th, 2017 @ 8:00pm CST
Nah, not enough weapons. :lol:
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Case Breakdowns: Prime Master, Voyager, Leader (1921748)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 14th, 2017 @ 8:26pm CST
Got 'em too, thanks to brickseek; serious props to whomever posted that link and the dpci;

Only got slug, swoop, and dreadwind.

Swoop and Dreadwind are both 10+/10.

-lusciously tight joints

-amazing paint apps (few but well used)

-soft detents everywhere

-nice use of plastic colors

-finally got 4 :CON: jets for cyclonus

-dreadwind has massive heels thanks to the wing kibble

-swoop is just sublime in general, specifically, you can attach his sword under his chin in beast mode to have a pterodactyl with a bayonet - how f'ing metal is that?

-tm ports in fists should not be overlooked for sheer fun value, or underestimated, I'm not getting grimlock, but I relish the opportunity to have grimlock as a combiner punch out king 'scream with a grimlock tm in his fist :BOOM:

tl:dr, as limbs these guys are must-haves, as figures, they are also must-haves; something tells me :TAKARATOMY:'s legends comics are gonna have a field day with headmaster-in-fist/bibs shenanigans, and I can't wait :-D
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Case Breakdowns: Prime Master, Voyager, Leader (1921751)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on November 14th, 2017 @ 8:55pm CST
The instructions don’t show it, but you can attach Swoop’s combiner hand on his back. Nice storage.

Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Case Breakdowns: Prime Master, Voyager, Leader (1921755)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on November 14th, 2017 @ 9:15pm CST
Stuartmaximus wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
omega666 wrote:Thanks for showing the limb modes. I thought it was pretty half-assed to post a video review and not show the limb mode.

Don't worry, Chucky will have you covered.

:shock: wha...? are you putting your video reviews up just now?

if you are....oh goody :DANCE:

I'll get them on Wednesday. The plan is two reviews of two.
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Case Breakdowns: Prime Master, Voyager, Leader (1921756)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on November 14th, 2017 @ 9:17pm CST
The Prime/hand module is supposed to fit on the chest as well. I'll figure it out soon enough. I do have to say I'm quite displeased with this wave trickle. Would be nice to have ALL the classes released at the same time.
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Case Breakdowns: Prime Master, Voyager, Leader (1921757)
Posted by Latebrus-K on November 14th, 2017 @ 9:28pm CST
Has anyone tried putting Ptero in Swoop's chest armor? Not sure if it would be awesome or just disturbing.
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Case Breakdowns: Prime Master, Voyager, Leader (1921760)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on November 14th, 2017 @ 9:48pm CST
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Case Breakdowns: Prime Master, Voyager, Leader (1921761)
Posted by Latebrus-K on November 14th, 2017 @ 10:09pm CST
Caelus wrote:I haven't opened Swoop yet - I'm strongly considering waiting until I've collected all the Dinobots to open them. Does that sound insane?

Not at all! Sounds like it would help you appreciate them as a team - and as a combiner. Volcanicus needs all the help he can get! :lol:

The main problem I see is a very, very long wait for Wave 2.
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Case Breakdowns: Prime Master, Voyager, Leader (1921762)
Posted by Qwan on November 14th, 2017 @ 10:18pm CST

Yes, very :P

In all seriousness, my personal suggestion would be to open him now. I find that I appreciate my Transformers - even those who're defined by their teams - much more when they each have a bit of time to themselves, so to speak. Opening five toys at once and trying to enjoy them, plus a combined mode, all together might end up robbing each figure of its individual charm, and that would be a sad thing indeed.

But hey, that's only my two cents. You do you, friend! Whatever makes you happy - that's the point of all this, after all.
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Case Breakdowns: Prime Master, Voyager, Leader (1921763)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on November 14th, 2017 @ 10:25pm CST
Latebrus-K wrote:The main problem I see is a very, very long wait for Wave 2.

Ugh, yes. How long? February? March? I doubt it will be 'early' the way Wave 1 was, so it seems like we're going to have a loooooong gap in here.

Qwan wrote:Opening five toys at once and trying to enjoy them, plus a combined mode, all together might end up robbing each figure of its individual charm, and that would be a sad thing indeed.

Yeah, I was sort of thinking that.
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Case Breakdowns: Prime Master, Voyager, Leader (1921778)
Posted by noctorro on November 15th, 2017 @ 3:45am CST
OMG that DreadWing looks so good. Darkwind, Dreaddark, Windwing.
The lavender colered jet robot.

Makes me want to get every single normal released version of any Combiner Wars Jet mode to create a huge Armada!

Man, Muricanz. We don't have them yet in Holland, land of the RAIN!

But we have good import shops and good prices.

Combiner Wars overwhelmed me and exceeded all my expectations of the Classics followup line.

Titans Return is even more pure love.

And now... they combine it with tiny mech suits for the little Masters... Updated good Generations Dinobots, all of them... and they combine... and they have a baby Raptor with them. And they have even more G1 characters... Orion Pax who transforms into Optimus Prime, A real Rodimus Prime... I'm almost dying here of the awesomeness Hasbro / Takara is putting out. And they're trying to make the Titans Return mini series better than Combiner Wars.

Super awesome, all of this stuff, will probably get 75%+ of the entire line, just as combiner Wars and Titans Return before it. And I just started re-collecting Car Robots...

I can't take it... So much Transformers :BOOM:
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Case Breakdowns: Prime Master, Voyager, Leader (1921782)
Posted by Va'al on November 15th, 2017 @ 5:24am CST
noctorro wrote:OMG that DreadWing looks so good. Darkwind, Dreaddark, Windwing.
The lavender colered jet robot.

Darkwing.

Darkwing duck.

Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Case Breakdowns: Prime Master, Voyager, Leader (1921788)
Posted by ThunderThruster on November 15th, 2017 @ 7:19am CST
Va'al wrote:
noctorro wrote:OMG that DreadWing looks so good. Darkwind, Dreaddark, Windwing.
The lavender colered jet robot.

Darkwing.

Darkwing duck.

Cloud of smoke and he appears,
The master of surprise.
Who's that cunning mind behind
That shadowy disguise?
Nobody knows for sure,
But bad guys are out of luck.
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Case Breakdowns: Prime Master, Voyager, Leader (1921794)
Posted by o.supreme on November 15th, 2017 @ 10:31am CST

It was odd seeing a single Jazz among 10 other TR Deluxes (a mix of wave 3 anf 4 figures...) . I'm thinking either an employee is a collector and got to some first, or perhaps someone else asked, and an employee pulled these out of the back for that person. I did not ask (normally I would), because I just wanted to SEE them. I'm still waiting on :TAKARATOMY: to announce their plan for this line before purchasing any :HASBRO: . This is just the beginning, we know this will be hitting more of a full saturation in Q1 of 2018.

However, If I do see the 1st wave of Prime masters any time soon I'll probably get those as they are inexpensive, and I'm not sure how :TAKARATOMY: plans to sell them. They sold TM's with their deluxes. Since (I'm hoping) the Unite warriors sets will return, perhaps they will be sold with Legends class. Or maybe 2 per Leader? I'm just patiently waiting for :TAKARATOMY: to announce their plan.
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Case Breakdowns: Prime Master, Voyager, Leader (1921798)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on November 15th, 2017 @ 11:19am CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Stuartmaximus wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

Don't worry, Chucky will have you covered.

:shock: wha...? are you putting your video reviews up just now?

if you are....oh goody :DANCE:

I'll get them on Wednesday. The plan is two reviews of two.

;)^
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Case Breakdowns: Prime Master, Voyager, Leader (1921799)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on November 15th, 2017 @ 11:25am CST
o.supreme wrote:So yeah, I found a single jazz at my local target yesterday. I know every sore is different, but this just seemed a little odd. usually with toys. If a shelf space is "full", none will be put out until the current stock is gone, or at least depleted enough to restock an entire case.

me too buddy ;)^
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Case Breakdowns: Prime Master, Voyager, Leader (1921800)
Posted by Rysquad on November 15th, 2017 @ 11:34am CST
ThunderThruster wrote:
Va'al wrote:
noctorro wrote:OMG that DreadWing looks so good. Darkwind, Dreaddark, Windwing.
The lavender colered jet robot.

Darkwing.

Darkwing duck.

Cloud of smoke and he appears,
The master of surprise.
Who's that cunning mind behind
That shadowy disguise?
Nobody knows for sure,
But bad guys are out of luck.

When there's trouble you call DW.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Starscream & Waspinator" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME BLIGHT Beast Hunters Cyberverse Legion 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Kingdom WFC RHINOX Voyager 6 inch Action figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Voyager Decepticon Blitzwing complete w/extras" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Kingdom WFC RHINOX Voyager Figure IN HAND!! MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War 4 Cybertron Kingdom Voyager WFC-K27 Rhinox IN HAND" on EBAY