Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxe Class figures for $16.99 are back in stock

Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxe Class figures for $16.99 are back in stock

Tuesday, March 20th, 2018 1:50pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 18,138

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Tired of hunting for the latest Transformers figures? Amazon.com currently has all five of the Power of the Primes Wave 2 deluxes back in stock. The figures are currently listed as of this writing for $16.99 with free Prime shipping for those who are eligible. Amazon states that these products will ship next week. We've been following these products all week to see when they would be back in stock. Act fast to get yours now before they sell out again or the prices go back up.

Make sure you share your sightings in our sightings forum and sightings section. You can also share any great deals that you find online or in brick-and-mortar stores with your fellow Seibertronians!

Moonracer: https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Gen ... =moonracer

Transformers News: Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores


Snarl: https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Gen ... ords=snarl

Transformers News: Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores


Sludge: https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Gen ... ords=snarl

Transformers News: Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores


Rippersnapper: https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Gen ... persnapper

Transformers News: Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores


Blackwing (aka Darkwing): https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Gen ... =blackwing

Transformers News: Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores


This article was last modified on Tuesday, March 20th, 2018 1:51pm CDT

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxe Class figures for $16.99 are back in stock (1947252)
Posted by Relic0037 on March 20th, 2018 @ 1:54pm CDT
Dinobots are already Sold Out.
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxe Class figures for $16.99 are back in stock (1947253)
Posted by o.supreme on March 20th, 2018 @ 1:55pm CDT
kind of a sad state of affairs when just finding these items in stock at normal price is newsworthy. Just to be clear, I'm not berating the messenger, its just that these items should be widely available to everyone at this price, for more than just a few minuets. Discounts are what should make news.
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxe Class figures for $16.99 are back in stock (1947254)
Posted by Nightbeat339 on March 20th, 2018 @ 1:58pm CDT
I am soooooo excited!!! :D I've been looking to get Moonracer at regular price for several weeks, and have been in and out of stores quite a bit. Hopefully they'll stay in stock for a while longer so more people can buy them.
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxe Class figures for $16.99 are back in stock (1947256)
Posted by Seibertron on March 20th, 2018 @ 2:07pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:kind of a sad state of affairs when just finding these items in stock at normal price is newsworthy. Just to be clear, I'm not berating the messenger, its just that these items should be widely available to everyone at this price, for more than just a few minuets. Discounts are what should make news.


Not when it's a brand new product. Finding a hot new toy at a regular retail price when it hasn't reached saturation at regular retail is definitely news when you can find it!
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxe Class figures for $16.99 are back in stock (1947257)
Posted by o.supreme on March 20th, 2018 @ 2:21pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
o.supreme wrote:kind of a sad state of affairs when just finding these items in stock at normal price is newsworthy. Just to be clear, I'm not berating the messenger, its just that these items should be widely available to everyone at this price, for more than just a few minuets. Discounts are what should make news.


Not when it's a brand new product. Finding a hot new toy at a regular retail price when it hasn't reached saturation at regular retail is definitely news when you can find it!


But its also motivated by fear. Fear Hasbro wont produce enough product, or that scalpers will purchase them all, so there never will be proper saturation (i.e. TR Deluxe wave 5) . Gotta get it NOW, because I might never see it again...that sort of thought saddens me.I have Rippersnapper, and I've seen one Sludge (which you could tell had been opened and returned). Expecting not to see these toys at B&M, or a case of *blink and you'll miss them" is frustrating. I've already told my family if they see a Blackwing, or Moonracer, those are the priority ones right now, since they are shortpacked. But as it is, I can only afford to get one of these each time I get paid. If ever I start to see them with regularity that is, or if these are still available at this price on Amazon come Friday...(yeah I know, not likely...)
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxe Class figures for $16.99 are back in stock (1947259)
Posted by william-james88 on March 20th, 2018 @ 2:26pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:kind of a sad state of affairs when just finding these items in stock at normal price is newsworthy.

It is when said product is shceduled to appear in April. These figures arent released anywhere else in the world, so of course their release at the moment is sparse in the US. This is more like a preview with stores getting one or two cases at a time. And since fans want them now rather than waiting, we try to help you out to get these early appearances.

Basically, finding them before april anytime is lucky enough and newsworthy enough, for these sought after products.
Good luck in your hunt.
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxe Class figures for $16.99 are back in stock (1947264)
Posted by WreckerJack on March 20th, 2018 @ 2:40pm CDT
Darn price keeps jacking up on moonracer.
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxe Class figures for $16.99 are back in stock (1947269)
Posted by Relic0037 on March 20th, 2018 @ 3:32pm CDT
Everything at the $16.99 price point is gone. My tip for everyone would be to keep checking back on them from time to time. Hopefully, they get more in stock soon.
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxe Class figures for $16.99 are back in stock (1947275)
Posted by nycPrime on March 20th, 2018 @ 3:49pm CDT
Relic0037 wrote:Everything at the $16.99 price point is gone. My tip for everyone would be to keep checking back on them from time to time. Hopefully, they get more in stock soon.

Agreed. I've seen it in stock a few times at $16.99. By the time it makes the news, if at all (I never bothered reporting it in the past), it's likely sold out or close to it.

I only ordered Dinos. I'm hopeful HTS will have the rest of wave 2 and the leaders available with a discount code.
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxe Class figures for $16.99 are back in stock (1947282)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on March 20th, 2018 @ 4:42pm CDT
*slightly off topic* The one thing that worries me is... situations like Cogman... we've blown past him and into PotP... and he's never even shown up on Hasbrotoyshop.com. What will happen to MPM Barricade?

I appreciate knowing when Amazon gets new things in, but like many say... by the time it hits the news the scalpers have swooped in and "private warehoused" them for resale... T_T

Nothing kills me more when I see "fulfillment by Amazon" and it's a scalper...
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxe Class figures for $16.99 are back in stock (1947283)
Posted by o.supreme on March 20th, 2018 @ 4:46pm CDT
TLK Deluxe Cogman and Generations TR Deluxe Wave 5 apparently have far more in common than previously thought...were any other TLK deluxes equally as scarce?
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxe Class figures for $16.99 are back in stock (1947284)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on March 20th, 2018 @ 4:54pm CDT
nycPrime wrote:
Relic0037 wrote:Everything at the $16.99 price point is gone. My tip for everyone would be to keep checking back on them from time to time. Hopefully, they get more in stock soon.

Agreed. I've seen it in stock a few times at $16.99. By the time it makes the news, if at all (I never bothered reporting it in the past), it's likely sold out or close to it.

I only ordered Dinos. I'm hopeful HTS will have the rest of wave 2 and the leaders available with a discount code.


I use something called camel tracker to help set price and in stock reminders but lately figures have been coming and going before I get a notification.
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxe Class figures for $16.99 are back in stock (1947291)
Posted by Lore Keeper on March 20th, 2018 @ 5:30pm CDT
SpikeyTigertron wrote:*slightly off topic* The one thing that worries me is... situations like Cogman... we've blown past him and into PotP... and he's never even shown up on Hasbrotoyshop.com. What will happen to MPM Barricade?

I appreciate knowing when Amazon gets new things in, but like many say... by the time it hits the news the scalpers have swooped in and "private warehoused" them for resale... T_T

Nothing kills me more when I see "fulfillment by Amazon" and it's a scalper...

I recently bought a Cogman on Amazon from a scalper for $35. I NEVER do this. I hate scalpers and, up to this point, have refused to give them my money. But, all signs have pointed to him never showing up at mass retail in the US, similar to the final waves of Transformers Prime or TR Slugslinger. It makes me angry to feel like I have to pay absurd prices in order to get an item that was distributed so poorly that it will probably never find its way to your local B&M. What's more is that this situation seems to be becoming more and more prevalent, as if it is now just par for the course.
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxe Class figures for $16.99 are back in stock (1947295)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on March 20th, 2018 @ 5:54pm CDT
Lore Keeper wrote: I recently bought a Cogman on Amazon from a scalper for $35. I NEVER do this. I hate scalpers and, up to this point, have refused to give them my money. But, all signs have pointed to him never showing up at mass retail in the US, similar to the final waves of Transformers Prime or TR Slugslinger. It makes me angry to feel like I have to pay absurd prices in order to get an item that was distributed so poorly that it will probably never find its way to your local B&M. What's more is that this situation seems to be becoming more and more prevalent, as if it is now just par for the course.


A big part of it and it started with The Age of Extinction which introduced all that extraneous (non-core transforming toys). B&M would blow out their budgets/warehouse on Wave 1 to make sure they had STOCK!!!! and then would fail to either purchase the later waves due to full inventories... or lack of moving product, which when Hasbro shoots their fans in the foot with repaint/repacks like in Last Knight... it becomes a nightmare.

It's like either the B&M logistics/purchasing folks don't know how "waves" work, or have no clue *how* Hasbro works. That doesn't even take into consideration the fact that distribution in general seems to be a crap shoot. For whatever reason most retailers seem to get their shipments on the East Coast and proliferate that way, as opposed to West Coast (which if they're coming from Asia would make more sense imo). So you'd think East coast or West Coast would get product first. But more often than not... everything seems to pop in the mid-west/great lake region...which makes not sense to me. Unless there's where most B&M keep their primary warehouses.
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxe Class figures for $16.99 are back in stock (1947296)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on March 20th, 2018 @ 5:57pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:TLK Deluxe Cogman and Generations TR Deluxe Wave 5 apparently have far more in common than previously thought...were any other TLK deluxes equally as scarce?


Hell wave 2 TLK was hard to find on the West Coast for a long time. It's only really started showing up at Toys R US due to them liquidating inventory. I've maybe seen wave 2 deluxes once at a Target or Walmart in California... and that was by no means "during the window of relevancy" when the movie was out.

The rare exception seemed to be the Voyagers. Wave 1 and 2 seemed to be pretty regular. Though Scorn and Nitro were very hit and miss.

Robots in Disguise were hit and miss, though I think there was also a BIG lag between waves. Or got lost with wave repacks.
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxe Class figures for $16.99 are back in stock (1947302)
Posted by partholon on March 20th, 2018 @ 6:26pm CDT
ah cock.

i didnt know it was the entire wave 2 that was going for 16.99.

managed to snag a rippersnapper before he went back up but it wouldve been a great chance to pick up the last two dinos i needed for volcanicus.

like others have said i reckon itll happen again so i'll keep the eye out.

with shipping included its only 1 euro odd more than retail in my country so its deffo worth it.
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxe Class figures for $16.99 are back in stock (1947310)
Posted by william-james88 on March 20th, 2018 @ 7:58pm CDT
I am currently compiling a list of toys that seem to have been skipped in the US. While there were not a lot of them, the US did get wave five titans return, at target. But you guys have yet to get the cyclone us and heat seeker legion toys from robots in disguise.. Also can somebody confirm if the last night legion dragon storm and hound were found at retail, along with all spark squeaks and Megatron?
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxe Class figures for $16.99 are back in stock (1947320)
Posted by YoungPrime on March 20th, 2018 @ 9:01pm CDT
partholon wrote:ah cock.

i didnt know it was the entire wave 2 that was going for 16.99.


Yep... This is why I'm skipping Blackwing. If Hasbro want's to continue hiking up the prices then I'm going to be less likely to collect every Generations figure I spot.

He's going to be the most likely to shelf warm in this wave anyway. So let me know when there's a 25% off clearance for him in May or June.
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxe Class figures for $16.99 are back in stock (1947324)
Posted by Ultra Markus on March 20th, 2018 @ 9:21pm CDT
you have a better chance at buying at normal prices when buying from places like BBTS or TFsource
then you can just buy the whole assortment or wave in one purchase and you sometimes save money that way rather than buying individually
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxe Class figures for $16.99 are back in stock (1947326)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on March 20th, 2018 @ 9:40pm CDT
YoungPrime wrote:
partholon wrote:ah cock.

i didnt know it was the entire wave 2 that was going for 16.99.


Yep... This is why I'm skipping Blackwing. If Hasbro want's to continue hiking up the prices then I'm going to be less likely to collect every Generations figure I spot.

He's going to be the most likely to shelf warm in this wave anyway. So let me know when there's a 25% off clearance for him in May or June.


Um, isn't $15-$17 what Titans Return deluxes went for? How is Hasbro hiking up the prices? I'm pretty sure MSRP has remained the same for PotP as it was for TR. Stores may have increased their prices slightly over time, but that isn't Hasbro.

Also, Blackwing being single packed in the case isn't likely to shelfwarm that much, at least not in this wave. Possibly in wave 4 when he is re-packed, and out around the lead up to Christmas. This is when you'll want to look for a deal. And clearance usually doesn't happen until the end of the line, so again wave 4 around Christmas or just after like Titans Return did earlier this year. The 17 Blurrs and Scourges that were shelfwarming my local Walmart for 9 months didn't get clearanced until PotP was out in stores.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Air Raid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Sunstreaker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Autobot Jazz Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
Twincast / Podcast #276:
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Legends series LG23 Galvatron Figure Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends series LG04 Roadbuster Figure Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Computron Exclusive Complete Loose Rare Technobots" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Action Figure Japan F/S" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Series LG11 Chromia Figure Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Blitzwing TRANSFORMERS Studio Series 65 Bumblebee Movie toy figure jet plane" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors Legends Ghost Starscream Takara Combiner Wars Ex" on EBAY
Buy "Deadlock Transformers Legends  Takara Tomy" on EBAY