Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxes Out in Singapore

Transformers News: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxes Out in Singapore

Thursday, February 8th, 2018 8:37AM CST

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 12,289

While our sponsors recently startd taking preorders for Power of the Primes Wave 2, with an April 2018 release date, the deluxes from this same wave have now appeared in Singapore. This is the first sighting of the deluxes worldwide, which include Sludge, Snarl, Rippersnapper, Moonracer and Blackwing. They are currently available at collectables shop Hobbyark. This does give us some new in hand images. Below you will see close ups of the headsculpts and all five G1 Dinobots reunited (and it feels so good!). These images come to us from Singapore TF fanpage STFU.

Seeing this, it is impossible to say exactly how much sooner we will see these same toys in North America compared to their April release date from online retailers, but this does inform us that they are ready and shipping out to retailers.

So, knowing wave 2 is on the way, are you all caught up on wave 1? Which do you have left to pick up? And which of these wave 2 deluxes are you most excited for? Join the covnersation and let us know!

Transformers News: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Out in Singapore Collector Shops

Transformers News: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Out in Singapore Collector Shops

Transformers News: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Out in Singapore Collector Shops

Transformers News: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Out in Singapore Collector Shops

Transformers News: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Out in Singapore Collector Shops

Transformers News: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Out in Singapore Collector Shops

Transformers News: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Out in Singapore Collector Shops
Credit(s): STFU Facebook page and Hobbyark

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxes Out in Singapore (1936702)
Posted by Randomhero on February 8th, 2018 @ 8:46am CST
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxes Out in Singapore (1936703)
Posted by Bradimus on February 8th, 2018 @ 8:47am CST
ZeroWolf wrote:I suspect we will see flywheels as you can't have one duocon without the other. Though a thought occurs, while I don't think it would happen in this line but I wonder the possibility that they may make a version of the multiforce team from Victory. I wouldn't expect them to form land cross but it would be awesome if they did.

I've been thinking the same thing about the Mulitforce. :HASBRO: went through the trouble of figuring out not just how to make a Duocon but to have each individual vehicle transform into its own robot mode. I just hope if :HASBRO: does the Mulitiforce they make them deluxe instead of legends class.

It's like I said with Dinotbot Slash: This mold was made to be upscaled and retooled into Beast Wars Dinobot. I get that same feeling with the upcoming legends class Duocon Battletrap. I don't know if this is something being worked on for the next toy line theme (and tested here) or the one after that, but I do believe it's coming. And I hope the Breastforce is coming with it.

As for the missing Headmasters (in particular Snapdraggon and Apeface), I very much hope they are next, but that might depend on if :HASBRO: wants to continue that cheaper line with Titan Masters and maybe some more Prime Masters. I'd love to see the Classic Pretenders as Decoy Armor for Titan Masters Bumblebee, Starscream (the seeker head), Grimlock (yeah we already got him as Clobber but why not get him all black this time?) and Jazz. Maybe they could come up with two more and complete the line of 12 with six more Prime Masters (this is where that Vector Sigma with Alpha Trion Decoy Armor that I want would fit in nicely). Add in an accessory line so we can purchase Prime Armor hand and foot sets to upgrade the CW combiners and add heel spurs if we want to for our PotP combiners and that's the start of a really good in-between line while they put the finishing touches of the big boys (Multiforce, Breastforce).

For leaders they could do some mix and match with evolution Star Saber (if he's not part of this line) and some sort of leader class titan master that I can't think of off the top of my head. I know a lot of people want Scorponok as a leader based on his Marvel Comics form though since he'll probably be a titan class I just don't see that happening. However considering all the heads we got of actual figures in the Titan Master line (Cobber, Ptero, Brawn) why not :HASBRO: ?

We're also overdue for a leader Megatron and I'd love to see Thrilling 30 Ultramagnus get his cab retooled to become a Titan Master with a toy style Titan Master face with a white head and blue face plate. Though maybe an evolution Ultra Magnus would be better? I'm sure we could think of others. I'd rather get a mixed line to complete what we haven't gotten (like Piranacon/King Poseidon unless he's coming out at the end this line next year which would work very well for me) then have :HASBRO: rush something like the Multiforce. Though I wonder if they're thinking of doing actual brain masters next?

Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxes Out in Singapore (1936712)
Posted by o.supreme on February 8th, 2018 @ 9:36am CST
Roadbuster wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote::oops:
ZeroWolf wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:However, we've not had all the Headmaster characters released fully yet. That could mean that both Duocons may not get released either.

Which headmasters are missing beside scorpoknok? All the main ones were done I think :-?

Headmaster Juniors, Apeface, Snapdragon.

The Autobot Targetmasters, Punch/Counterpunch

Counterpunch was released as part of TFCC 5.0 (A deluxe combiner limb for Wreckage). I know Hasbro claims that what TFCC did in the past has no bearing on what Hasbro decides to release, but I cannot recall any TFCC toy characters that have been released later in the main line to date.
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxes Out in Singapore (1936714)
Posted by william-james88 on February 8th, 2018 @ 9:47am CST
o.supreme wrote:I know Hasbro claims that what TFCC did in the past has no bearing on what Hasbro decides to release, but I cannot recall any TFCC toy characters that have been released later in the main line to date.

I can, a whole bunch too. There was Rewind, Chromedome, Alpha Trion, Overlord, G2 Dreadwing and most recently Battletrap.
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxes Out in Singapore (1936717)
Posted by steals_your_goats on February 8th, 2018 @ 9:50am CST
william-james88 wrote:

And Krok
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxes Out in Singapore (1936718)
Posted by o.supreme on February 8th, 2018 @ 9:53am CST
william-james88 wrote:

My apologies. Let me clarify...I meant the exact same toys. Sure Hasbro has released other versions of those characters, but not the EXACT SAME ones that TFCC did. With PotP theme, I could not see Punch/Counterpunch as anything besides a deluxe limb, and I doubt HASBRO would release the exact same toy from TFCC 5.0
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxes Out in Singapore (1936720)
Posted by kurthy on February 8th, 2018 @ 9:55am CST
o.supreme wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Yes, because they would use Jazz, novastar, or moonracer instead. I wouldn't ever expect them to use a past line's figures in a new line.
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxes Out in Singapore (1936722)
Posted by steals_your_goats on February 8th, 2018 @ 10:06am CST
kurthy wrote:
o.supreme wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

You mean like Dreadwind and Blackwing? ;)
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxes Out in Singapore (1936723)
Posted by william-james88 on February 8th, 2018 @ 10:06am CST
o.supreme wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Why would we want that? TFCC can never do too much retooling so I sure hope that when Hasbro gives us Counterpunch we get more than what the TFCC toy gave us.

And anyways, fun pub toys have made it to mainlines (with slight alterations)

Fun Pub released Thundercracker

Transformers Convention & Club Exclusives Thundercracker Gallery

And then so did Hasbro and Takara

Transformers Henkei Thundercracker Gallery

Something similar happend with Devcon as well (though the head was slightly different).

So yeah, total precedent for what was once fun pub toys to be released in a mainline. But I dont want any of it. If Hasbro does those characters again, I want new molds.
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxes Out in Singapore (1936724)
Posted by o.supreme on February 8th, 2018 @ 10:12am CST
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxes Out in Singapore (1936729)
Posted by Randomhero on February 8th, 2018 @ 10:47am CST
o.supreme wrote:Just to further clarify, the OP I was quoting was hoping for a Punch/Counterpunch toy in PotP. I don't see it happening based on the Counterpunch figure released by TFCC for the 5.0 series. If I am wrong, then so be it, but at this point, I just don't see it happening.

It never mattered what TFCC was doing. It mattered what Hasbro was doing, they’d tell aTFCC no plenty of timesdue to a character or the mold they wanted to use.

Punch/counterpunch just comes down to how faithful they want to be and the current gimmick. Titans return probably could have worked with 2 Titan masters but Hasbro also wants to use the right mold and gimmick for the right character. People have asked in Q n As before about certain characters and they’ve stated they want to make sure it represents the character to an extent. That’s why it took so long to make a new Soundwave.

For for Punch Probably won’t happen anytime soon. There’s no current gimmick that works for the character in faith. Best time would have been thrilling 30 when it was a free for all on characters and their respective gimmicks and characteristics
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxes Out in Singapore (1936736)
Posted by StJudeDad on February 8th, 2018 @ 11:23am CST
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxes Out in Singapore (1936737)
Posted by Randomhero on February 8th, 2018 @ 11:25am CST
StJudeDad wrote:Since the image is posted anyway, does anyone have any suggestions for a flight stand for Swoop (or any flying character for that matter) in a mainline size?

I use the Neca ones only $10 but the Gundam stands you have to assemble are the unofficial stands since they have the tiny peg in the backs or butt that’s “coincidentally” compatible.
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxes Out in Singapore (1936744)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on February 8th, 2018 @ 12:25pm CST
Randomhero wrote:

TFCC or maybe Bot Con did release a version of Punch/Counterpunch already using the Sideswipe / Sunsteaker mold from Generations. That's the version I'd like to see get a widespread release, instead of making individual combiner limbs from them.

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ch/2120/1/
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxes Out in Singapore (1936747)
Posted by Randomhero on February 8th, 2018 @ 12:45pm CST
Rodimus Knight wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ch/2120/1/

They did and it’s a fine figure especially taking advantage of the body that could be turned around but it had a tiny head due to clearance and the helmet gimmick and you’d have to settle for weird backwards hands in bot mode. I’d like to see a punch/counterpunch done with the idea made from the ground up and used for Punch specifically.

I had him when I was little so I’d be on board for a new punch/counterpunch but I’m willing to wait when the time is right to revisit that character for mass retail with modern engineering and design.

I think the main drawback might be is how to retool or redeco it. That’s always something to take into consideration. They gotta get their use out of the molds.
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxes Out in Singapore (1936753)
Posted by Flashwave on February 8th, 2018 @ 1:29pm CST
Bradimus wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Bradimus wrote:Do we know when wave 3 is scheduled for release?

Everything is here

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... nts/39844/

The line will run for more than just this year.

Thanks for that list as always. ;)^

What I don't get is why :HASBRO: packs mixes the deluxes in most waives. I understand they don't want homogeneous waves of 4 of the same type of robot but with a little planning and advertising on the boxes and web they could be very successful doing something like this:

My version of Wave 1:

Voyager

Grimlock

Starscream

Include advertising on the voyager boxes for Abominus so parents can give their kids a choice, buy Dinobots now or wait until wave 2 in the spring for the Terrorcons.[/list:u]

Deluxe

Optimus Prime

Rodimus Prime[/list:u]

Prime Masters

Liege Maximo with Skullgrin Decoy Armor

Micronus Prime with Cloudburst Decoy Armor

Vector Prime with Metalhawk Decoy Armor[/list:u]

Now I fully understand the argument against releasing a homogeneous combiner in two consecutive waves but looking at the variety of other types of vehicles in the overall line and the Prime Masters I think parents are smart enough to understand Volcanicus is wave 1 and Abominus is wave 2 so if they can only afford one for the year they can make the decision for or with their kids.

That brings ups to my version of Wave 2:

Voyager

Terrorcon Hun-Gurr

Elita-1

Again, advertise the combined modes (especially Abominus) and maybe show off some limbs from wave 3 and maybe wave 4 for Elita-1 to use.[/list:u]

Deluxe

Leader

Rodimus Unicronus

Optimus Prime (I guess)[/list:u]

Prime Masters

Alchemist Prime with Submarauder Decoy Armor

Alpha Trion with Landmine Decoy Aromor[/list:u]

Again, another wave with an entire combiner well advertised in advance so kids and parents can choose or even get both with lots of bargaining and arrangement of wishlists for family to see before birthdays.

The last wave I can take a shot at is Wave 3:

Voyager

Inferno

Grimlock (I guess)

Advertise combiners with limbs from this wave and the next (with coming this fall for the wave 4 limbs). A big problem with :HASBRO: is keeping some things secret too long as we get deeper into the line like they did with Titans Return.[/list:u]

Deluxe

Optimal Optimus

Rodimus Prime (I guess)[/list:u]

Prime Masters

Quintus Prime with Bludgeon Decoy Armor

Megatronus with Bomb-Burst Decoy Armor

Solus Prime with Octopunch Decoy Armor[/list:u]

Reorganizing makes wave 3 the first to have different options for deluxe class toys with cars and jets. But I think completing the first two major combiners one wave at a time would work better for everyone. Kids love dinosaurs and I think they love monsters, too. If anything it's the vehicles that might get hurt. I'd look at repackaging the figures that make up Volcanicus and Abominus for the holiday season. As for other options, leader and legends class figures provide different options as do the Prime Masters themselves, with the decoy armors having different looks and transforming into different guns and melee weapons. The variety is already built in, it's the distribution where the real problems seem lie.

But this is all just one fan/collector's opinion. Feel free to agree, disagree, or rip apart my waves with better logic. I'm curious what others think about all of this and I have clearly been inspired by other posters in this thread regarding distribution and what we learned from Combiner Wars to share my thoughts with you in detail. :PEACE:

[quote]
[/quote]
The problem is, in business what you just said accidentally, was "Don't buy these, buy something coming (much) later." the best they could shoot for is replace the cross-sell with " Coming Soon" but in the case of current combiners, they almost need the cross-sell to say "Hey, if you buy this figure and four of these, you can put them together and make a bigger figure!" marketing is never about selling the next thing, its about selling the stock you already have.

What do you mean "Hasbro keeps secrets and that hurt Titans Return?"
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxes Out in Singapore (1936755)
Posted by william-james88 on February 8th, 2018 @ 1:39pm CST
Also, just to trow some facts, Titans Return wasnt hurt in the slightest. Transformers as a toy brand is doing amazing and is currently at the head of all other brands in terms of sales performance at Hasbro. Hasbro was very conscious to mention that they werent just talking about movie toys (which usually ring in more sales) but that all the toylines were doing amazing.

"This year, TRANSFORMERS in the fourth quarter was in dollar terms, our biggest growing brand. And overall for the year grew very strong double-digits. It's because we are perpetually engaged with our audience by demographic and psychographic.

We have a preschool RESCUE BOTS show, we have our Cyberverse focused on our core kid six-to-nine year-old. We continue to run more adult oriented content on Machinima for that fan. Fan business is growing in a very significant manner. And then of course we have our movies. It was a movie year but our products were about the movie but also about all these other dimensions of TRANSFORMERS."

For more facts about how well the line is doing, see here https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... all/40625/
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxes Out in Singapore (1936757)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 8th, 2018 @ 1:43pm CST
Bradimus wrote:

We think alike with leader class star saber, this gimmick they are using is perfect for him, even if they aren't representing the brainmaster yuki.
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxes Out in Singapore (1936762)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on February 8th, 2018 @ 2:10pm CST
Mostly because I don't want to do a bunch of Quotes here.

I agree with the Leader Class Star Saber with this line. I think the Evolution gimmick is perfect for him, even if it's not quiet accurate use of it. There is also IMO no reason we can't get the brain master Pilot even if we don't call it that.

I would like to see them make the Multiforce and it's been a dream of mine since they showed the Duocons. I would like them to combine though still.

As the case assortments go. I will agree on this part, I'd like to see all the combiner parts in one assortment. I generally want my combiners together at one time. That being said, I don't see myself actually combining the Dinobots, unless the do a Chromed version for SDCC this year. In that case if it's packages as Volcanus, I'll display it in box like that most likely.
Re: Power of the Primes Wave 2 Deluxes Out in Singapore (1936764)
Posted by Randomhero on February 8th, 2018 @ 2:12pm CST
Seriously? A generations ultra Magnus retool with a titan master gimmick?

If you were in front of me I’d throw a titans return power master Optimus prime at you and I would throw it with anger.

And we’re not due for a leader class Megatron. We got one 3 years ago!
Transformers products from AMAZON