Monday, September 7th, 2015 2:24pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors, Company News
Posted by: MaverickPrime   Views: 63,567

RUMOUR! Combiner Wars (Titan Wars?) Predacons and Terrorcons, along with Brawn and Barricade might be on the way! Take it with a grain of salt, but Hasbro has applied for some rather interesting trademarks, none other than Predacon and Terrorcon, while the terms have been used recently in Transformers: Prime, they were name reuses, legacy characters at most, as they used to be two Decepticon COMBINER teams, which would make a lot of sense given the current Gestalt craze.

Also solicited were Barricade and Brawn, which could mean a predictable redeco/retool of the Swerve Legends mould for the Minibot, while Barricade is a bit more vague, could it be an update of the old Micromaster, in time for the (also still rumoured) Titan Wars? Or could it be something else entirely? Finally, a couple of days ago we also saw Backtrack and Autobot Wheelie join the groupings. Tell us in the forums, what do you think will come out of these Trademarks?

Credit(s): USP

This article was last modified on Monday, September 7th, 2015 2:30pm CDT

Re: Predacons, Terrorcons, Brawn, Barricade, Backtrack, and Wheelie Trademarks Registered by Hasbro (1724584)
Posted by bluecatcinema on September 7th, 2015 @ 2:50pm CDT
I hope this means what I think it means. I would love to see Combiner Wars Predaking and Abominus!
Re: Predacons, Terrorcons, Brawn, Barricade, Backtrack, and Wheelie Trademarks Registered by Hasbro (1724586)
Posted by Shuttershock on September 7th, 2015 @ 2:56pm CDT

REALY hope Terrorcon trademark means Abominus. Vehicle combiners are great, now let's get some MONSTERS in here! :twisted:
Re: Predacons, Terrorcons, Brawn, Barricade, Backtrack, and Wheelie Trademarks Registered by Hasbro (1724589)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on September 7th, 2015 @ 3:12pm CDT
Forget Terrorcons and Predacons. Where's the Seacons? :(
Re: Predacons, Terrorcons, Brawn, Barricade, Backtrack, and Wheelie Trademarks Registered by Hasbro (1724590)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on September 7th, 2015 @ 3:15pm CDT

Also, it wasn't on the list, but a Titan Class Piranacon would also be on top of my list.
Re: Predacons, Terrorcons, Brawn, Barricade, Backtrack, and Wheelie Trademarks Registered by Hasbro (1724598)
Posted by steals_your_goats on September 7th, 2015 @ 3:39pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:I couldn't care less about the others, but a Titan Class Predaking would be so much awesome.

Trust me I love Seacons as much as the next guy but I don't know if titan class would be right for them. That being said if we were given the choice between titan or nothing then I'm damn sure going to pick titan.
Re: Predacons, Terrorcons, Brawn, Barricade, Backtrack, and Wheelie Trademarks Registered by Hasbro (1724599)
Posted by kurthy on September 7th, 2015 @ 3:40pm CDT

I'm holding out for Leader Class Rung.
Re: Predacons, Terrorcons, Brawn, Barricade, Backtrack, and Wheelie Trademarks Registered by Hasbro (1724600)
Posted by steals_your_goats on September 7th, 2015 @ 3:45pm CDT
kurthy wrote:

I'm holding out for Leader Class Rung.

The only appropriate size class for the great and all mighty Rung :BOT:
Re: Predacons, Terrorcons, Brawn, Barricade, Backtrack, and Wheelie Trademarks Registered by Hasbro (1724601)
Posted by Va'al on September 7th, 2015 @ 3:58pm CDT
steals_your_goats wrote:
kurthy wrote:

I'm holding out for Leader Class Rung.

The only appropriate size class for the great and all mighty Rung :BOT:

It may even dethrone Alpha Bravo... :-?
Re: Predacons, Terrorcons, Brawn, Barricade, Backtrack, and Wheelie Trademarks Registered by Hasbro (1724602)
Posted by kurthy on September 7th, 2015 @ 4:01pm CDT
The only appropriate size class for the great and all mighty Rung :BOT:

He has to be able to hold couch sessions with Fort Max. Anything smaller would just look ridiculous. =P~
Re: Predacons, Terrorcons, Brawn, Barricade, Backtrack, and Wheelie Trademarks Registered by Hasbro (1724606)
Posted by steals_your_goats on September 7th, 2015 @ 4:13pm CDT
kurthy wrote:
The only appropriate size class for the great and all mighty Rung :BOT:

All kidding aside I really hope we get a deluxe Rung sometime soon. He really deserves a figure.
Re: Predacons, Terrorcons, Brawn, Barricade, Backtrack, and Wheelie Trademarks Registered by Hasbro (1724614)
Posted by Railbomb on September 7th, 2015 @ 4:26pm CDT
steals_your_goats wrote:
kurthy wrote:
The only appropriate size class for the great and all mighty Rung :BOT:

Hasbro brings back Action Masters only so they can continue to keep Rung's alternate mode a secret. :lol:
Re: Predacons, Terrorcons, Brawn, Barricade, Backtrack, and Wheelie Trademarks Registered by Hasbro (1724625)
Posted by kurthy on September 7th, 2015 @ 4:55pm CDT

Titan Hero Autobot Rung :BOOM:
Re: Predacons, Terrorcons, Brawn, Barricade, Backtrack, and Wheelie Trademarks Registered by Hasbro (1724626)
Posted by .... on September 7th, 2015 @ 4:56pm CDT
HA! I KNEW IT! WE NEED PREDAKING!
Btw how did MaverickPrime post this if he's not a news admin?
Re: Predacons, Terrorcons, Brawn, Barricade, Backtrack, and Wheelie Trademarks Registered by Hasbro (1724636)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 7th, 2015 @ 5:12pm CDT
Shuttershock wrote:I'd love an official Barricade in the Generations line, mainly because I love what IDW did with him in Punishment as a cop trying to take back the meaning of being a Decepticon.

Punishment brought about my favorite version of Barricade. I loved what they did with him. It is also possible that we have a new decepticon combiner coming and he could be part of it.

Would also love to see the beast combiners. except for the Technobots, we would have all the regular combiners :BOT:
Re: Predacons, Terrorcons, Brawn, Barricade, Backtrack, and Wheelie Trademarks Registered by Hasbro (1724640)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 7th, 2015 @ 5:17pm CDT
kurthy wrote:

Titan Hero Autobot Rung :BOOM:

HA!

In all seriousness: Roberts needs to reveal what his alt mode does so they can make a toy of him and make it work. I honestly believe he has the ability to fertilize sparks and essentially create new life. (MTMTE 17 has him stepping off with Rodimus, so maybe he revived Luna-1 sparks). Makes sense why the Functionalists would hate him too. I hope so: Rung has been such a good character that I hope he really does get a moment to shine (and a toy I can add to my Lost Light crew ;) ) :BOT:
Re: Predacons, Terrorcons, Brawn, Barricade, Backtrack, and Wheelie Trademarks Registered by Hasbro (1724643)
Posted by Noideaforaname on September 7th, 2015 @ 5:20pm CDT
The Dream:
Combiner Wars/Generations updates to the classic characters
The Reality:
RiD easy-to-transform garbage that doesn't even get released anyways

An actual Generations bad-cop Barricade would be pretty neat, especially with CW Brawl around the corner. Maybe then we could get Blackout, Bonecrusher, and Frenzy...
Re: Predacons, Terrorcons, Brawn, Barricade, Backtrack, and Wheelie Trademarks Registered by Hasbro (1724648)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on September 7th, 2015 @ 5:32pm CDT
If this means CW Predaking, I will explode with happiness and Skittles.
Re: Predacons, Terrorcons, Brawn, Barricade, Backtrack, and Wheelie Trademarks Registered by Hasbro (1724649)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on September 7th, 2015 @ 5:33pm CDT
steals_your_goats wrote:

Why? It would be easy to do with them what they did with Devastator, which is basically make oversized versions of the G1 figures.
Re: Predacons, Terrorcons, Brawn, Barricade, Backtrack, and Wheelie Trademarks Registered by Hasbro (1724650)
Posted by Mr O on September 7th, 2015 @ 5:35pm CDT
Rung is the ultimate irony for Functionism- his name is his alt-mode and he's part of a very ornate ladder-combiner which can be climbed to talk to the Titans!
Re: Predacons, Terrorcons, Brawn, Barricade, Backtrack, and Wheelie Trademarks Registered by Hasbro (1724653)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on September 7th, 2015 @ 5:52pm CDT
I had a feeling Brawn would be coming next year, i mean, one look at Gears and you know whats coming. Who knows, maybe Swerve will be repainted into Outback as well. As far as Predacons and Terrorcons go, Bring them on!!!!!! It will be so nice to be able to get all the teams from the US series in 2 years time, just hope the waves last since my wallet is in reccession mode right now. I just hope Divebomb's wings do come off and go on the back of Predaking given how each combiner team has gone through changes in these new iterations

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Voyager size Blaster (+Steeljaw) MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Vorath & Mindwipe Hasbro Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Head Robots Transformers Hot Head Duro-5 Military assault Driver parts" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers studio series Hot Rod, Jazz, Blurr #86" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS Fall of Cybertron DELUXE Autobot Air Raid Instructions" on EBAY
Buy "KREO TRANSFORMERS GALVATRON FACTORY BATTLE Lot of  Clear Blue Panels #K101531" on EBAY
Buy "KREO TRANSFORMERS Galvatron Battle Factory Lot of 4 YELLOW CAUTION BRICKS" on EBAY