Tuesday, June 28th, 2016 9:29am CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 37,049

Directly from the official Transformers Facebook page, we have our first animated preview of the Machinima series due this August on Go90: Transformers Combiner Wars! Following the events of the IDW storyline, the series uses Windblade as the viewers' perspective into the Cybertronian world - but it's Optimus Prime we hear narrating in the clip. Check out more below, and view the video below or by clicking here.

His name is Optimus Prime, and he was a leader, once. Now The Transformers: Combiner Wars demand his return.

If the video above does not work, please visit the Transformers Facebook page directly.

Credit(s): Transformers Facebook

This article was last modified on Tuesday, June 28th, 2016 12:04pm CDT

Re: Prelude to Transformers Combiner Wars - Machinima Series Teaser Trailer (Links fixed) (1801402)
Posted by Kurona on June 28th, 2016 @ 9:55am CDT
Re: Prelude to Transformers Combiner Wars - Machinima Series Teaser Trailer (Links fixed) (1801403)
Posted by Cobotron on June 28th, 2016 @ 9:56am CDT
Hey Doc! That link needs surgery. STAT!
Re: Prelude to Transformers Combiner Wars - Machinima Series Teaser Trailer (Links fixed) (1801405)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on June 28th, 2016 @ 9:57am CDT
Neither link is working... :(
Re: Prelude to Transformers Combiner Wars - Machinima Series Teaser Trailer (Links fixed) (1801412)
Posted by Va'al on June 28th, 2016 @ 10:16am CDT
It's working fine for me, you may have to be logged in on Facebook to see it though (just thought of that, no idea if it's true). :-?

I tried tinkering with the post, but can't do much else at this stage.. :(
Re: Prelude to Transformers Combiner Wars - Machinima Series Teaser Trailer (Links fixed) (1801413)
Posted by Seibertron on June 28th, 2016 @ 10:17am CDT
Links have been corrected.
Re: Prelude to Transformers Combiner Wars - Machinima Series Teaser Trailer (Links fixed) (1801414)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on June 28th, 2016 @ 10:22am CDT
Kurona wrote:For some reason it's not letting me see the video despite being logged into FB. Is it restricted to North America?

I'm thinking yes. I'm in Malaysia on a business and it won't open for me either. FB says the link has expired or that I'm not in the target audience.
Re: Prelude to Transformers Combiner Wars - Machinima Series Teaser Trailer (Links fixed) (1801415)
Posted by o.supreme on June 28th, 2016 @ 10:24am CDT
I don't suppose there is a source to view it for those that do not have facebook?
Re: Prelude to Transformers Combiner Wars - Machinima Series Teaser Trailer (Links fixed) (1801416)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on June 28th, 2016 @ 10:24am CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

Nope, I'm in New York and it's not working.
Re: Prelude to Transformers Combiner Wars - Machinima Series Teaser Trailer (Links fixed) (1801419)
Posted by Seibertron on June 28th, 2016 @ 10:30am CDT
The links have been fixed. Please try again.

The correct video link is https://www.facebook.com/transformers/videos/1072564262813767/

If the direct video link doesn't work, please visit the Transformers Facebook page directly: https://www.facebook.com/transformers/
Re: Prelude to Transformers Combiner Wars - Machinima Series Teaser Trailer (Links fixed) (1801421)
Posted by karyuudo on June 28th, 2016 @ 10:35am CDT
:-( :-( :-(
I really hope this is not representative of the final product.
Re: Prelude to Transformers Combiner Wars - Machinima Series Teaser Trailer (Links fixed) (1801424)
Posted by Fireback on June 28th, 2016 @ 10:44am CDT
Looks good to me.
But the BIG PROBLEM IS - Its Tuesday the 28th,,,, thus WHERE's THE PROLOGUE ??????
The Machinima Dickheads Twitter acct., YouTube page, & Website DOESN'T MENTION ONE THING ABOUT
"Combiner Wars" anywhere........ WHY Not ???

Ya know,,,, WtF. Right. IMO that's what ya call TERRIBLE, unforgiveable [Machinima] Marketing..
Re: Prelude to Transformers Combiner Wars - Machinima Series Teaser Trailer (Links fixed) (1801425)
Posted by Deadput on June 28th, 2016 @ 10:49am CDT
Fireback wrote:Looks good to me.
"Combiner Wars" anywhere........ WHY Not ???

You do know this is the prologue right?

This is all we are getting until August it literally says so in the video.
Re: Prelude to Transformers Combiner Wars - Machinima Series Teaser Trailer (Links fixed) (1801426)
Posted by Deadput on June 28th, 2016 @ 10:52am CDT
karyuudo wrote::-( :-( :-(
I really hope this is not representative of the final product.

The stop motion part seems to only be for the preview according to those screen shots from a few weeks ago which looks like normal animation.
Re: Prelude to Transformers Combiner Wars - Machinima Series Teaser Trailer (Links fixed) (1801428)
Posted by karyuudo on June 28th, 2016 @ 10:56am CDT
Deadput wrote:
karyuudo wrote::-( :-( :-(
I really hope this is not representative of the final product.

I do hope you're right. It would be a shame if the whole thing was done like this, especially considering some of the other animated stuff that Machinima is known for.
Re: Prelude to Transformers Combiner Wars - Machinima Series Teaser Trailer (Links fixed) (1801429)
Posted by Deadput on June 28th, 2016 @ 11:00am CDT
karyuudo wrote:

If it turns out this was cheaply made then how comes Machinima got a Japanese animating studio to do it and how come it has taken so darn long for this series to actually come out?

Guys I doubt Hasbro will disappoint us that badly.
Re: Prelude to Transformers Combiner Wars - Machinima Series Teaser Trailer (Links fixed) (1801430)
Posted by Kurona on June 28th, 2016 @ 11:07am CDT
The link still doesn't work and when I go to the Transformers FB page, the latest post is from the 25th and says "Bruticus may just pack the biggest punch in the Combiner Wars," which I do wish more people would read when they're complaining about him having no weapons because he's basically the hulk of Transformers.
Re: Prelude to Transformers Combiner Wars - Machinima Series Teaser Trailer (Links fixed) (1801431)
Posted by Big Grim on June 28th, 2016 @ 11:11am CDT
Still nothing. Either get a nothing there message or that I ain't the target audience.
Re: Prelude to Transformers Combiner Wars - Machinima Series Teaser Trailer (Links fixed) (1801434)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on June 28th, 2016 @ 11:25am CDT
Well, I'm a bit underwhelmed. I did more animation of comic books when I did my own War Within animation for YouTube (and I actually had Jon Bailey on board to voice Primus, too, at the time, though the 3rd part was never finished).

I have a bad feeling that this was somewhat rushed so that it would be available while there are at least SOME Combiner Wars toys on the shelf (as Titans are what will be shipping out soon).

That said--congrats on my boy Jon for scoring an official Optimus Prime role!
Re: Prelude to Transformers Combiner Wars - Machinima Series Teaser Trailer (Links fixed) (1801445)
Posted by leokearon on June 28th, 2016 @ 12:12pm CDT
Quite disappointed, animation was quite poor, no Combining or Windblade, Prime's animation model looked off, it looked like he was carrying his own legs on the back of his vehicle mode and it didn't excite me at all.
Re: Prelude to Transformers Combiner Wars - Machinima Series Teaser Trailer (Links fixed) (1801446)
Posted by King Kuuga on June 28th, 2016 @ 12:12pm CDT
Jon finally gets to voice Optimus in an official capacity! Neat! The motion comic-style animation is neat as long as it stays confined to the prologue. But this prologue itself didn't really say anything, just more ominous "everything changed blah blah blah" like all the buzz has said.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #292 - Planet of Junk
"Planet of Junk"
Posted: Tuesday, January 18th, 2022

Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise RID Sideswipe Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Stomp And Chomp 20" Grimlock Dinosaur Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct-Bots AOE Dinofire Grimlock & Optimus Prime NIB" on EBAY
Buy "2015 TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE 30TH PLATINUM EDITION ONE SHALL STAND ONE SHALL FALL" on EBAY
Buy "New Playskool Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Mr. Potato Head - Bumble Spud" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Roar and Rescue Bumblebee Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 15BB Buzzworthy Bumblebee Hasbro Studio Series Sealed/New In Box" on EBAY
Buy "Mr Potato Head Mini Mixable Mashable Transformers Hightide Loose Figure nice" on EBAY