Premier Date For Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Cartoon Announced

Premier Date For Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Cartoon Announced

Monday, June 22nd, 2020 12:09pm CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 36,571

Greetings Seibertronians! Following from the news last week that the new War for Cybertron Siege cartoon, on Netflix, had been delayed
Netflix have been on social media today to announce the long awaited date we can watch this highly anticipated cartoon.

July 30th

Accompanying the announcement was a new thirty second teaser showing Megatron announcing that this is the day the Autobots will be destroyed. You can check the video at the links, or embedded below.

Thanks to fellow Seibertron user, aronjlove for sharing the Facebook link.

Are you looking forward to this series? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): Netflix Social Media Accounts, aronjlove from Seibertron

Re: Premier Date For Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Cartoon Announced (2068839)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on June 22nd, 2020 @ 12:12pm CDT
That looked good. Although I don't get why Megatron needs lips, but it is an aesthetic choice they've gone for.
Re: Premier Date For Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Cartoon Announced (2068840)
Posted by o.supreme on June 22nd, 2020 @ 12:24pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
o.supreme wrote:If it is competent, and enjoyable on any level (unlike Prime Wars). I'll call that a win.

I think you'd like Cyberverse then.

Nope, not my thing, we can agree to disagree on that one. Tried so really hard to watch it, couldn't get into it. Unless this Netflix show really impresses, I still stand by my sentiments that Predacons Rising was the last good bit of TF Animaiton released.
Re: Premier Date For Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Cartoon Announced (2068841)
Posted by sol magnus on June 22nd, 2020 @ 12:27pm CDT
Okay. We're in business. July 30th is a Thursday.
Re: Premier Date For Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Cartoon Announced (2068843)
Posted by Lore Keeper on June 22nd, 2020 @ 12:30pm CDT
July 30th makes me a saaaaaad panda.
Re: Premier Date For Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Cartoon Announced (2068845)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 22nd, 2020 @ 12:34pm CDT
I'm cautiously optimistic with this. I'll give it a shot any way
Re: Premier Date For Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Cartoon Announced (2068847)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on June 22nd, 2020 @ 12:44pm CDT
I'll watch the pilot. I haven't cared for any show since Season 3 of Animated.
Re: Premier Date For Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Cartoon Announced (2068848)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on June 22nd, 2020 @ 12:49pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

I think you'd like Cyberverse then.

it gets really good once you are past the first season. also gets REALLY dark in a lot of places. Lots of on screen deaths, and not just background characters either, named characters get taken out frequently. What finally sold me on the series was Hot Rod. in the third season they REALLY did him justice. You can actually see this Hot Rod becoming Rodimus Prime and actually being a good leader. sadly, all of this is sandwiched between more lighthearted filler episodes that if you didn't get into the first season, could ruin it for you.

back to the topic at hand, after seeing rooster teeth's more recent mecha anime, I do have high hopes for this show, regardless of what I think of the company or some of their other offerings. But Megatron... dang man... looks like he just needs some lipstick on those lips. might be a bit too JoJo for me.
Re: Premier Date For Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Cartoon Announced (2068849)
Posted by aronjlove on June 22nd, 2020 @ 12:57pm CDT
If the trailer is anything to go by, they have fixed the one thing I hated about Prime Wars trilogy. The animation seemed to have a really low framerate, but I don't think that was the actual problem. More like they just cheaped out on the time spent animating the models. This looks to be much smoother.
Re: Premier Date For Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Cartoon Announced (2068850)
Posted by Seibertron on June 22nd, 2020 @ 1:01pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

I think you'd like Cyberverse then.

I liked Predacons Rising / Beast Hunters / Transformers Prime. It wasn't perfect, but it still seemed pretty awesome to me. There were some limitations with the animation and Peter Cullen's Optimus Prime is way overdone (but that fault lies on the writers and/or directors). It was the last Transformers show that I tuned into as soon as I could.

Beast Wars and Animated were the other two series that struck a cord with me. I still think Beast Wars is probably the best series overall, though the computer animation is really starting to show it's age.
Re: Premier Date For Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Cartoon Announced (2068851)
Posted by blackeyedprime on June 22nd, 2020 @ 1:04pm CDT
The War for Cybertron started over botox
Re: Premier Date For Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Cartoon Announced (2068853)
Posted by o.supreme on June 22nd, 2020 @ 1:07pm CDT
Last word on Cyberverse...I get that a lot of people liked it, I actually finished it, despite my misgivings. I just didn't like it. It seems like a dream come true for UK fans, or any of Marvel UK. But that is not my style. I prefer series such as the original TF, BW, and Prime. Additionally, I'm not opposed to comedy in TF, but I seem to gravitate more towards Japanese storytelling, than UK storytelling. (I enjoy the heck out of MF, Victory, Car Robots etc...) It's just the way I am.

Believe me, it took a whole decade for me to admit that Animated had any merit, and that is just from the written perspective. I still think the animation is ugly and unwatchable. Cyberverse gives me that same feel.
Re: Premier Date For Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Cartoon Announced (2068854)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on June 22nd, 2020 @ 1:08pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
o.supreme wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

I think you'd like Cyberverse then.

Drift is cool, but imho will always be just a cheap imitation of BW Dinobot.
Re: Premier Date For Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Cartoon Announced (2068856)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on June 22nd, 2020 @ 1:15pm CDT
Indeed. You take away the "comedy" episodes of Season 1 & 3 and Beast Wars would have been solid throughout. BM had many failings but it at least stuck the landing with the finale.

Animated was a hard slog with Season One. Picked up a bit with Season two and was hitting its stride with Season 3

Aesthetic was the main reason I didn't like Prime. Watched a few and still couldn't get into it. The human presence was too great. I wasn't all that keen on the Aligned Continuity it was based on either. I haven't been back to a TF show since.
Re: Premier Date For Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Cartoon Announced (2068858)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 22nd, 2020 @ 1:22pm CDT
I got the wrong end of the stick with the Beast Hunters season of Prime, I went in expecting more of the Predacons to show up but we got Predaking till Predacons Rising...

I will give anything a go regardless of art style. I always think there's room in a franchise like Transformers for seriousness and humour, it's just finding the balance.
Re: Premier Date For Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Cartoon Announced (2068859)
Posted by o.supreme on June 22nd, 2020 @ 1:23pm CDT
As we await the arrival of WFC Siege (June 30th) Here are both my personal and critical rankings of all TF Animated series so far.

Personally

15. Rescue Bots Academy
16. Cybertron
17. Energon
18. Armada
19. Prime Wars Trilogy
20. Go
Re: Premier Date For Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Cartoon Announced (2068860)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 22nd, 2020 @ 1:26pm CDT
Immortal Starscream wrote:Got to agree with you here. I am a geewun'r, because I grew up watching the show. But if you were to ask me what I thought was the best Transformers cartoon, I will hands down say Beast Wars. Sure some of the slapstick elements kinda bugged me, but the characters, story, and just overall writing and tone really win it. Not to mention, it is one of only two instanced in Transformers history that made me cry... and STILL makes me cry.

Drift is cool, but imho will always be just a cheap imitation of BW Dinobot.
I'm guessing that crying moment of yours was Dinobot's death, yes?

Re: Premier Date For Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Cartoon Announced (2068861)
Posted by o.supreme on June 22nd, 2020 @ 1:31pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:In more recent years, a second tender moment from another animated series has made people tear up: Chief Burns' near-fatal close call and subsequent release from the hospital in the Rescue Bots episode "Family Business".

Thus why RB ranks so high for me critically. It offers nothing much for me as an adult, but watching it with my son when it was new, it was so well written. I don't think there is any show on TV for kids currently that treats it's young viewers with such respect.
Re: Premier Date For Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Cartoon Announced (2068867)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on June 22nd, 2020 @ 2:41pm CDT
I'll be honest, I've been looking forward to this new series just because it seemed like it might scratch that Transformers Prime itch, but this latest trailer makes me a little skeptical because the animation looks... Not bad, but not great. Sorta like Prime Wars, but without the lag. A step above Energon, but nowhere near Beast Wars in terms of making me feel like the hits actually hit.

I think it might just be me looking at the trailer and thinking that some of the punches look like it's a stock footage setup with the recieveing bot replying with a stock footage response, rather than the models being animated together through means of motion capture or something like that. I'm not saying that's actually how it was animated, but it'd make sense to me because it's probably easier to animate several different sets of stock footage compared to animating every single frame of a fight scene everytime.

Like I said, it'd not bad per se, and definitely makes sense if that's the case because they're trying to tie it into the toyline, but they're already a year behind. On the plus side, at least it doesn't have the Machinima head bob
Re: Premier Date For Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Cartoon Announced (2068872)
Posted by Skritz on June 22nd, 2020 @ 3:22pm CDT
Ranking the Sunbow cartoon first in anyone's top series always felt weird to me. On one hand, yeah I actually understand and agree that its very much the incarnation of the original series that has pretty much established all the conventions of the franchise, more so than even the comics. It carries a massive legacy that is impossible to ignore. However on a technical and storytelling level, its kind of utter crap. The animation is piss poor even for the time and so riddled with errors that every single episode on TFwiki has a bucket list of moments where the animation goes wrong. Even worse, the animation isn't just some minor issue like BW clipping or textures failing to load but often something which damage the flow of the story such as characters swapping lines or colors.

It seems people's mental image of what G1 was like is more in line with the much better animated and much cleaner motion picture. Mind you, in my case this is because I saw everyone's precious GEEWUN after the admittedly pretty 'meh to horrible' Unicron trilogy.

Honestly it seems like people like the ideas of G1 (at least in cartoon form) more than the characters and what little story arcs they might have had over such an episodic show. Maybe that's why my favorite season of it is maligned season 3. I actually like the stronger continuity with the Movie plot and onward, as well as Rodimus struggling with the leadership...even if the show eventually gives up and bring Optimus back.

Maybe its the Beast Wars fan in me who prefer a slightly stronger arc structure and the more central cast of Magnus, Springer, Arcee, Kup and the others. There's also the fact that for the most part, Transformers cartoon have stuck to a more stable recurring cast ever since season 3 and rarely, if ever, went back to G1 season 1 and 2 insanely huge rotating cast.
Re: Premier Date For Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Cartoon Announced (2068873)
Posted by o.supreme on June 22nd, 2020 @ 3:44pm CDT
Skritz wrote:The animation is piss poor even for the time and so riddled with errors that every single episode on TFwiki has a bucket list of moments where the animation goes wrong.

To quote Unicron from TF:TM -"You Exaggerate", or perhaps your argument has been shaped by fans who did not live during that era and jump to these conclusions harshly. There are errors to be sure, but no more so than any other series of the time. It's not excusable mind you, but its just what occurred during that time. It's funny to think that Rhino tried to correct some of the mistakes, and add in sound effects not originally present, on its first DVD releases and was lambasted by the fans of the time because they wanted it preserved the way it was. It's actually high end when it comes to the 80's, not sub par. If you want that watch any Hanna Barbara show. Scooby-Doo is among some of the worst when it comes to technical errors, yet is still beloved to this day. Maybe it is because I've seen each episode dozens of times, but the mistakes to me do not deter from the story. Audio and animation mistakes like what occurred especially in Armada are far worse in impeding storytelling IMHO. There are plenty of examples of beautifully animated scenes in the original series btw.

If you'll notice from a technical perspective I ranked BW higher than the original, THAT is how much I like and respect that series. Kind of like how Star Trek TNG is technically superior in every way from OST, - the original series still has it's core fan base who love that series more than any other iteration, and rightfully so.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
"Netflix and Siege"
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

Buy "Transformers METROPLEX  Takara Hasbro Generations TG-23 *New* from Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Bumblebee Transformers G1 Minibot Pre-Rub Variant Takara Hasbro 1984 Generation" on EBAY
Buy "Hoist Autobot Transformers Generations T30 2013 Deluxe Hasbro complete" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro 3H Transformers OTFCC 2003 ROULETTE & SHADOW STRIKER MISB BotCon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations TG-08 Kickback Takara Tomy From Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations TG-01 Optimus Prime Takara Tomy From Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie 1 Deceptacon Blackout" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations TG-07 Onslaught Bruticus Fall of Cybertron Figure" on EBAY