Preorder iGear IG-TF005 Shark Sentry at robotkingdom.com

Preorder iGear IG-TF005 Shark Sentry at robotkingdom.com

Thursday, August 27th, 2009 11:23pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: Mkall   Views: 17,621

Member zodconvoy has let us know that site sponsor RobotKingdom has posted a listing for iGear's Shark Sentry, a resizing of Sharkticon Gnaw that is to scale with figures from the modern Transformer lines.

See the listing here. iGear has confirmed that there will be three figures per pack.

In an email to Seibertron.com, iGear has said that development has paused for the moment on this set, so do not expect the October release date mentioned to be fulfilled. They do have intrest in completing the figures though, they're just not sure when it'll happen.

They also mention that the Shark Sentries will have a different robot face than the one pictured.

Please keep in mind that iGear's products are NOT officially endorsed by Hasbro or TakaraTomy, and in this case seems to outright copy the design of the orginal G1 figure, just shrinking down the molds to the new size.

Re: Preorder iGear IG-TF005 Shark Sentry at robotkingdom.com!
Re: Preorder iGear IG-TF005 Shark Sentry at robotkingdom.com!

Credit(s): zodconvoy, RobotKingdom

This article was last modified on Thursday, August 27th, 2009 11:45pm CDT

Re: Preorder iGear IG-TF005 Shark Sentry at robotkingdom.com (984228)
Posted by Convotron on August 27th, 2009 @ 11:58pm CDT
Re: Preorder iGear IG-TF005 Shark Sentry at robotkingdom.com (984231)
Posted by im ruined on August 28th, 2009 @ 12:01am CDT
this figure looks good. really good actualy. i payed 60 for an energeon sword I might as well get this too. Consider it bought
Re: Preorder iGear IG-TF005 Shark Sentry at robotkingdom.com (984242)
Posted by Mkall on August 28th, 2009 @ 12:37am CDT
Convotron wrote:Nifty looking figure but somewhat overpriced considering the limited articulation. However, it does look good and I like the details.

well, if you break it down, that's about 20 bucks a fig, so the price isn't that bad actually.
Re: Preorder iGear IG-TF005 Shark Sentry at robotkingdom.com (984245)
Posted by Convotron on August 28th, 2009 @ 12:58am CDT
Ohhhh, okay, it's a set of 3 figures. Big difference then. Actually, $60 is reasonable for 3 figures if the actual product is as good as it looks in the promo photos.
Re: Preorder iGear IG-TF005 Shark Sentry at robotkingdom.com (984295)
Posted by DevastaTTor on August 28th, 2009 @ 4:35am CDT
I guess I should have news'd this 3 weeks ago when they posted the preorder. I mentioned it in another thread and then just forgot about it-oops. It wasn't clear at the time that you got 3, which does seem a lot better for the price.
Re: Preorder iGear IG-TF005 Shark Sentry at robotkingdom.com (984316)
Posted by skywarp-2 on August 28th, 2009 @ 6:34am CDT
Re: Preorder iGear IG-TF005 Shark Sentry at robotkingdom.com (984371)
Posted by [JRX] on August 28th, 2009 @ 8:24am CDT
Don't get me wrong... I'm really excited about these guys, and would buy them in a flash, but I do have concerns about hasak bringing down the hammer on this project (and the mini-MP prime). They're not add-ons, or spin-offs. They're just miniature reproductins of existing molds.

Was that something OK'd by hastak?
Re: Preorder iGear IG-TF005 Shark Sentry at robotkingdom.com (984384)
Posted by Convotron on August 28th, 2009 @ 8:52am CDT

Re: Preorder iGear IG-TF005 Shark Sentry at robotkingdom.com (984396)
Posted by capellamusic on August 28th, 2009 @ 9:02am CDT
Convotron wrote:I believe Justitoys makes the WST Dinobots. I'm not sure if they're licensed to make the WST Dinobots. They also make the Hybrid Style Convoy, Convoy Black Version, and Galaxy Convoy.

The Hybrid series, if you're talking of what I'm thinking of, are from TakaraTomy, they're not from 3rd party companies:

The black Convoy isn't listed but it's also from them.

As for the WST dinobots I don't think they are licensed. They're not even sold by the name "Transformers" and they changed their names to "Dinorobots", "Jungle Warrior", etc.

[JRX] wrote:That just made me think... Does anyone know who made the "world's smallest" line?
Was that something OK'd by hastak?

Re: Preorder iGear IG-TF005 Shark Sentry at robotkingdom.com (984426)
Posted by [JRX] on August 28th, 2009 @ 9:44am CDT
Convotron wrote:Honestly, I don't know if Has/Tak thinks it's worth the effort to bring their attention to Justitoys. The WST and Hybrid figures have been out for a while now without any problems that I know of.

Hopefully the same goes for their attention to iGear. It would make sense hastak considered themselves better off focusing on knocker-offers producing on a much larger scale.

capellamusic wrote:The official WST line is from Takara, before merging with Tomy. But there were also KOs of those being made.

Thanks!
Re: Preorder iGear IG-TF005 Shark Sentry at robotkingdom.com (984428)
Posted by Convotron on August 28th, 2009 @ 9:46am CDT
My mistake! :oops:
I just remember coming across the justitoys website a while ago and seeing those two products there.
Re: Preorder iGear IG-TF005 Shark Sentry at robotkingdom.com (984438)
Posted by capellamusic on August 28th, 2009 @ 9:57am CDT
Convotron wrote:My mistake! :oops:

Re: Preorder iGear IG-TF005 Shark Sentry at robotkingdom.com (984443)
Posted by rpetras on August 28th, 2009 @ 10:02am CDT

skywarp-2 wrote:that's pretty cool, but I am hoping for Hasbro to do a newer classics style reimagined Sharkticon, and a Voyager or Leader sized Grimlock..

I'd dig a classics redux of a Sharkticon, and if these had decent articulation I'd be all over them.

There is a leader sized Grimlock, it's MP Grimlock :-) But, yea, a real classics voyager Grimlock would be cool. I really like TFA Grimmy, but he doesn't fit in with classics.
Re: Preorder iGear IG-TF005 Shark Sentry at robotkingdom.com (984499)
Posted by Convotron on August 28th, 2009 @ 11:05am CDT
capellamusic wrote:Well, they (JustiToys) actually announced new figures in the hybrid style a few time ago, to complete the official Hybrid Style line. I think they were dinobots.

Oh, I see. Good to know and very interesting. :)

A Voyager class G1 inspired Grimlock would be so cool and on my wish list. :D
Re: Preorder iGear IG-TF005 Shark Sentry at robotkingdom.com (984506)
Posted by shonenfan4 on August 28th, 2009 @ 11:15am CDT
If they were a little bit cheaper, it'd be intersting to buy a few packs and create a Sharkticon army that's similar to a Clone Army scale. :P
Re: Preorder iGear IG-TF005 Shark Sentry at robotkingdom.com (984508)
Posted by Jenus on August 28th, 2009 @ 11:17am CDT
Even though it is a good deal I'm still unsure about iGear's products. Has anyone received the IG-TF002 or IG-TF003, if so what is the quality of their products?
Re: Preorder iGear IG-TF005 Shark Sentry at robotkingdom.com (984534)
Posted by skywarp-2 on August 28th, 2009 @ 11:47am CDT
rpetras wrote:These are kind of cool, and 3 per set makes the price very reasonable, but they look really little.

yeah maybe a leader sized version would be too large.. but Hasbro already has a Deluxe Grimlock.. and next to prime and other autobots Grimlock is pretty up there in terms of popularity..But their Deluxe Grimlock has a crappy set up and design.. with those feet that become his dino head, and then his legs were not very stable with his small thighs and longer lower legs..then you have the giant shoulders and bulky hands.. it's just funky looking..

So I can see Hasbro pulling off a Voyager release of Grimlock, (like they had the shotty Deluxe Classics prime and the exceptional Voyager Prime) so yeah maybe they make it similar to the original design..
Frenzyrumble's kit bash is a good example of how a New Voyager Grimlock should look..

This is how it should be redone..

then after that they should move back into doing a new redesign classics version of the Sharkticons, and yeah like you said rpetras, they should make them with good articulation..

But on these mini versions of the fat little G-1 sharkticons.. I'm gonna pass..
Re: Preorder iGear IG-TF005 Shark Sentry at robotkingdom.com (984548)
Posted by Mkall on August 28th, 2009 @ 12:00pm CDT
Let's continue the talk about Classics Grimlock in a new thread please.
Re: Preorder iGear IG-TF005 Shark Sentry at robotkingdom.com (986304)
Posted by SentinelA on August 30th, 2009 @ 2:38pm CDT
$60! I could probably get a real Sharkicon for that much!
Re: Preorder iGear IG-TF005 Shark Sentry at robotkingdom.com (986567)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on August 30th, 2009 @ 11:37pm CDT
SentinelA wrote:$60! I could probably get a real Sharkicon for that much!

Maybe an incomplete one. He's actually on the rare side.

$60 is pretty tempting. But, with the trailers just coming out, their timing SUCKS.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-47 Kickback & Double Dealer" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-38 Laserbeak & Apeface" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Botcon 2013 Classics SEEKER HOTLINK  Tech Card  & instuctions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Challenge at Cybertron Rodimus and Titans Return Hot Rod" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager ASTROTRAIN Loose Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Chromedome COMPLETE, Great Condition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron Legends Class Galvatron Action Figure 2005 - MOC" on EBAY