Transformers News: Pre-Order Info - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Sky Reign to Be Revealed at Tokyo Toy Show

Monday, May 30th, 2016 7:18AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Store News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 25,710

Seibertronian and Twincaster Razorclaw0000 dropped by to share with us a tweet from Takara Tomy Mall about their upcoming Skyreign-based set in the Transformers Unite Warriors line - as UW-EX - which will be fully announced at the upcoming Tokyo Toy Show on June 9th. Pre-orders will open on June 12th, and limited (for now) to the online retailer (and maybe only to Japan addresses). Check out the banner image below, showing not much more than the last time we saw a teaser for the set.

Credit(s): TakaraTomyMall

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Pre-Order Info - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Sky Reign to Be Revealed at Tokyo Toy Show (1793615)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on May 30th, 2016 @ 7:22am CDT
Ah, an EX release...limited numbers. Great. Oh well, I probably wouldn't have been able to get it anyway. Computron takes priority.
Re: Pre-Order Info - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Sky Reign to Be Revealed at Tokyo Toy Show (1793619)
Posted by Kurona on May 30th, 2016 @ 7:32am CDT
Re: Pre-Order Info - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Sky Reign to Be Revealed at Tokyo Toy Show (1793623)
Posted by Randomhero on May 30th, 2016 @ 8:01am CDT
Kurona wrote:If pre-orders open on the 12th, does that mean they're likely to actually show what the set looks like on the 12th or before then? Hard to sell pre-orders when all you have is a silhouette...

For This yea but not always. Bruticus was just a grainy prototype when preorders went up but that could have just Been online retailers jumping the gun because they knew they were going to sell him.
Re: Pre-Order Info - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Sky Reign to Be Revealed at Tokyo Toy Show (1793624)
Posted by william-james88 on May 30th, 2016 @ 8:08am CDT

It says it will be revealed June 9th (6/9) so for sure we will see it before its preorderable. However, it should be noted that the japan exclusive preorder will be the 12th. If its an exclusive, then maybe it will only be for Japanese locals and thus we have to wait for western preorders which may go up at a later date.

I am in the same boat as Sigma Magnus. The fact that this is an EX release makes it much easier for me to feel less tempted in getting it. Thats a great excuse to ignore it :) It is also fitting since Ratchet was an exclusive in the US as well.
Re: Pre-Order Info - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Sky Reign to Be Revealed at Tokyo Toy Show (1793626)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on May 30th, 2016 @ 8:13am CDT
I'm pretty excited to see their decos for the limbs here. I still think the Hasbro versions are the four weakest CW deluxes (though Smokescreen is pretty nice).
Re: Pre-Order Info - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Sky Reign to Be Revealed at Tokyo Toy Show (1793627)
Posted by Randomhero on May 30th, 2016 @ 8:21am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

I'm still hoping it will be an insane set like Grand Galvatron with new limbs but either or. I still can't find a Skylinx and I don't really want to buy this unless it's got new limbs but if my luck doesn't change with finding one I might have to go this route.
Re: Pre-Order Info - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Sky Reign to Be Revealed at Tokyo Toy Show (1793628)
Posted by kurthy on May 30th, 2016 @ 8:52am CDT
Randomhero wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

I think that I will have to get the set for 2 reasons: inability to find Sky Lynx and, IF Ratchet is in this set, it may be my only way of getting a painted Ratchet. In addition, if I'm going to pay at least $100 for Ratchet, I might as well get a painted one plus 4 other bots. Who knows, maybe they could do some other repaints Hoist and Red Alert.
Re: Pre-Order Info - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Sky Reign to Be Revealed at Tokyo Toy Show (1793629)
Posted by Kurona on May 30th, 2016 @ 9:00am CDT
...
I hope they go G2 on us
Re: Pre-Order Info - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Sky Reign to Be Revealed at Tokyo Toy Show (1793631)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 30th, 2016 @ 9:26am CDT
Kurona wrote:I doubt the other 'bots will be changed from Wheeljack, Hound and Trailbreaker mostly because those heads are unique tooling Takara hasn't released yet. And those heads on those bodies are kinda hard to colour into any other pre-existing autobots, unless they went G2 on us...
...
I hope they go G2 on us
Or SG:

Re: Pre-Order Info - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Sky Reign to Be Revealed at Tokyo Toy Show (1793633)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on May 30th, 2016 @ 9:30am CDT
I highly doubt they'd go SG.

...sure, it'd be awesome if they did, but it's pretty unlikely.

Also, yay, my 200th post!
Re: Pre-Order Info - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Sky Reign to Be Revealed at Tokyo Toy Show (1793634)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on May 30th, 2016 @ 9:32am CDT
What if this is TT Liokaiser?
Re: Pre-Order Info - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Sky Reign to Be Revealed at Tokyo Toy Show (1793635)
Posted by RevTibe on May 30th, 2016 @ 9:37am CDT
Razorclaw0000 wrote:What if this is TT Liokaiser?
The full silhouette seemed to feature the Hasbro limb-molds (maybe with the First Aid mold subbing in for one of the limbs? Been a while), no jets or tanks, so this one's probably not Liokaiser.
Re: Pre-Order Info - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Sky Reign to Be Revealed at Tokyo Toy Show (1793637)
Posted by Randomhero on May 30th, 2016 @ 9:43am CDT
Sigma Magnus wrote:I highly doubt they'd go SG.

...sure, it'd be awesome if they did, but it's pretty unlikely.

Also, yay, my 200th post!

I agree. I don't see them doing that without first using the Skylinx mold for his original interpretation, not to mention the only shattered glass theme Takara has ever done was for that ehobby blaster and Soundwave set.

Heads don't matter, we're seeing that first hand with hasbro strafe and Takara strafe. Same size of ball joint but they're both doing a different head for their version of the character and yes they're using a different figure for it but doesn't mean they couldn't have used eithers. We now know there is some kind of communication with both since they both using the same retooling for afterburn.

I guess we'll find out late nest week though!
Re: Pre-Order Info - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Sky Reign to Be Revealed at Tokyo Toy Show (1793645)
Posted by william-james88 on May 30th, 2016 @ 10:32am CDT
Randomhero wrote: I still can't find a Skylinx and I don't really want to buy this unless it's got new limbs but if my luck doesn't change with finding one I might have to go this route.

Your not the only one. Many have reported not seeing Skylynx (you are free to let us know if thats still the case). And he only had a sparse release in Canada which tells me that he has yet to reach saturation in North America. And thats interesting since 6 months ago people simply could not believe that there would be a huge gap between Skylynx being released and the titans return line that there just had to be other toys in between. But no, skylynx is the second wave of 2016 and he's still not easy to find. The gap between his release and onslaughts will be the same as the gap between him reaching saturation and the same thing happening with the TR line, which will be late summer like Hasbro said all along.
Re: Pre-Order Info - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Sky Reign to Be Revealed at Tokyo Toy Show (1793658)
Posted by Randomhero on May 30th, 2016 @ 11:50am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

I remember 5 months ago when onslaught was rare and now he's shelf warming. I consider myself lucky because here in Iowa I have 2 toysrus, 9 targets, and 12 walmarts within 50 miles and am usually very lucky. I got the '84 limbs a month before mass sighting but yeah no luck with Skylinx. I still haven't found the powerglide redeco, night viper I think his name is and I really wanted to army build him.
Re: Pre-Order Info - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Sky Reign to Be Revealed at Tokyo Toy Show (1793660)
Posted by Mkall on May 30th, 2016 @ 12:11pm CDT
Re: Pre-Order Info - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Sky Reign to Be Revealed at Tokyo Toy Show (1793662)
Posted by Randomhero on May 30th, 2016 @ 12:54pm CDT
Mkall wrote:I'm really hoping they'll do some non-G1 colourscheme for their Sky Reign, but I'm not expecting it.

Well he is getting a deco and becoming deathsauras for a box set of Liokaizer. It's totally weird and might be your taste.

Takes doesn't really stray away from G1 color schemes when it's mean to be a G1 character and that's what Skylynx is. Personally I think they go a little too far with trying to be accurate. Menasor is an example of that for me personally. Same as Bruticus, I think takaras is hideous. I know there's an audience for it but sometimes changing it up and adding some new colors are better IMO
Re: Pre-Order Info - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Sky Reign to Be Revealed at Tokyo Toy Show (1793669)
Posted by Kurona on May 30th, 2016 @ 1:25pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:

Yeah... my problem can be that they try to apply the cartoon-accurate colours to toys that are really not designed to go well with them, leading to some pretty bad results like Drag Strip or Onslaught IMO.
That said... sometimes they can do very good. I especially like what they did with Motormaster; going with making him the colours of the cab rather than Hasbro's take of making him the colours of the cab and the trailer. It's an interesting difference made especially better by the fact neither is necessarily a better choice; it's completely taste-dependant. It's mostly new tooling that can really win me over.
Re: Pre-Order Info - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Sky Reign to Be Revealed at Tokyo Toy Show (1793671)
Posted by Munkky on May 30th, 2016 @ 1:35pm CDT
I'm looking forward to seeing what Takara's Sky Reign looks like, hopefully the full reveal will come shortly before the pre-orders start. If the set does include Ratchet I'll definitely buy it, though I already have the Hasbro version of Wheeljack (not a good retool on its own, but the Reprolabels stickers save it).
Re: Pre-Order Info - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Sky Reign to Be Revealed at Tokyo Toy Show (1793672)
Posted by william-james88 on May 30th, 2016 @ 1:43pm CDT
Munkky wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing what Takara's Sky Reign looks like, hopefully the full reveal will come shortly before the pre-orders start.

It is written just a few posts above that it will be revealed before the preorder, the exact dates are given.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #226 - Fire in the Sky
"Fire in the Sky"
Posted: Sunday, July 7th, 2019

Buy "Lot of 2 Transformers RID Mini-Con Action Figures: Velocirazor & Dragonus, 2015" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG06 Gelshark Takara Tomy Japan USED BOX DAMAGED***" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID 2015 Warrior Class Bisk Complete Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "LG-EX Black Convoy Tokyo Toy Show 2017 Limited Transformers Legends figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-10B Black Convoy" on EBAY