Pre-Order Roundup for Takara Legends Grand Maximus and Greatshot

Monday, October 16th, 2017 11:38AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: D-Maximus_Prime   Views: 12,440

On this glorious Monday, we bring to you a roundup of all the new pre-orders set up for the upcoming Takara Legends Grand Maximus and Greatshot. These pre-orders have the price points for both figures set around $260 and $95, respectively. The expected release date for these figures is March of next year. Head on over to your favorite site now and get your pre-order in!

TFsource:
https://tfsource.com/legends-series/lg- ... d-maximus/

BigBadToyStore
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/V ... m_content=
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/V ... m_content=

Robot Kingdom

The Chosen Prime

Transformers News: Pre-Order Roundup for Takara Legends Grand Maximus and Greatshot1

Credit(s): TFsource, BigBadToyStore, Robot Kingdom, the Chosen Prime
Re: Pre-Order Roundup for Takara Legends Grand Maximus and Greatshot (1916848)
Posted by Flashwave on October 16th, 2017 @ 11:45am CDT
Re: Pre-Order Roundup for Takara Legends Grand Maximus and Greatshot (1916849)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on October 16th, 2017 @ 11:47am CDT
Flashwave wrote:Great Shot looks wonderful and is definately worth the markup. Not sure I care enough about the character to spend the money but he is awesome and I want him

My thoughts exactly. He is a great looking leader figure, and I am getting him just because he is that awesome.
Re: Pre-Order Roundup for Takara Legends Grand Maximus and Greatshot (1916863)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on October 16th, 2017 @ 12:11pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:TFsource has just put up their pre-orders. Placed mine for both

https://tfsource.com/legends-series/lg- ... d-maximus/

Woot! Got mine in too! I'm a happy wolfman! :)

Relic0037 wrote:With all the releases & rereleases Takara has coming out in March "Grand" & "Max" aren't going to be names for a Transformer, but instead amounts put on my credit card bill that month :(

I always enjoy good word play, so this made me laugh. Know that I still feel your pain, though.

By the way, now that everyone is getting all hot and bothered over Grand Maximus, does that mean people have in general softened on their opinions of the mold? It's essentially just a redeco of Fortress Maximus with maybe a new Pretender shell accessory...and that's it. Last I remember, fans were awfully lukewarm about the new Fort Max, mainly because it is a heavy retool of Generations Metroplex with fewer play features than the original G1 Fort Max toy. Now the same thing is coming out again less than two years later, and no one seems underwhelmed like last time. Is Grand Max just that much prettier, or did everyone just get over all their TF/LG Fort Max grievances?
Re: Pre-Order Roundup for Takara Legends Grand Maximus and Greatshot (1916884)
Posted by Seibertron on October 16th, 2017 @ 12:49pm CDT

Is anyone else bothered by the massive gaps on the sides of his chest? I'm all for Takara making mold improvements over the Hasbro products, but in this case I feel like Takara really dropped the ball. They basically sacrificed a decent chest design just to accommodate the "engine" flipping gimmick for the Targetmaster. I might have been alright with this had trade-off been a cartoon accurate upper chest/collar piece, but what we ended up with was a half assed piece that isn't even cartoon accurate. I would have preferred them to just leave the piece as is, but remold it to allow a spot to plug in the Targetmaster, or even better yet, just do a flip up piece that exposes the port. The translucent chest was also another odd choice that I don't understand where it came (nor do I care for it) from in a line that strives to be more cartoon accurate. It might have been alright had there been something of substance to fill in the giant gaping hole behind his chest.

I prefer the color scheme on LG45 Hot Rod over Hasbro's red version, but the mold trade-off left much to be desired. There could have been a much better solution instead of what they came up with.
Re: Pre-Order Roundup for Takara Legends Grand Maximus and Greatshot (1916889)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on October 16th, 2017 @ 12:56pm CDT
Re: Pre-Order Roundup for Takara Legends Grand Maximus and Greatshot (1916894)
Posted by Seibertron on October 16th, 2017 @ 1:08pm CDT
Stuartmaximus wrote:Wouldn't be the first time that Takara's messed up >:oP coz remember Trypticon was supposed to be a darker colour & instead all we got was the exact same dam figure as the Hasbro one(YES!!!...with the hip ratchet issue fixed + a slight mold difference on one of the towers)

Wasn't aware of a mold difference on one of Trypticon's towers. Can you provide a link about this?
Re: Pre-Order Roundup for Takara Legends Grand Maximus and Greatshot (1916897)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on October 16th, 2017 @ 1:14pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:Just wanted to vent a gripe about LG45 Hot Rod real quick that's been bothering me about him for the past couple of weeks since I got him in hand.

While I do find it a little annoying, LG45 is just so damn good looking besides that that it doesn't bother me. There's just so much awesomeness about the rest of the figure that I don't care that much.
Re: Pre-Order Roundup for Takara Legends Grand Maximus and Greatshot (1916907)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on October 16th, 2017 @ 1:28pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

It was on reprolabels FB page, but I'm also sure that it was touched on, on here before, but maybe you missed it, I'll try n snapshot stuff about it from the reprolabels FB page
Re: Pre-Order Roundup for Takara Legends Grand Maximus and Greatshot (1916909)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on October 16th, 2017 @ 1:33pm CDT

I actually quite like LG45 Hot Rod quite a bit. Yeah, the chest gap is unfortunate, but it doesn't bother me too much. I'm also not bothered by things like MP-28 Hot Rod's "backpack," just for reference. My main concern is that my Transformers figures look good from the front, which Legends Hot Rod does. Good looking sides are nice too, but can be sacrificed if needed. Backs are rarely of great concern, and I'm happy with anything decidedly "non-accurate/ugly" happening back there. I've just come to accept a little bit of give and take when translating on screen Transformers character models into workable toys. With LG45, though, Takara did retain some of the abdominal detailing from the Hasbro mold, as well as some "chest" looking stuff under the hood in robot mode. You can consider the hood more of Hot Rod's "kibble" from vehicle mode, or even just some additional "armor" for his torso and think of the detailing underneath as what his true robot anatomical torso would be if he had a different alt mode, or none altogether.

I like the ability to hide the exposed engine block in robot mode. It's just a nice little extra to appreciate, and not really intrusive. I'd have to check when I get home, but I think it may be an optional step too, if you so desire. As for the clear plastic hood Takara used, to give Hot Rod's flame deco an actual fiery effect, I can see how that's disappointing, especially since there are few good ways to pipe some light through there to really get the look they were going for. Maybe that's why they left the sides a little "gappy," to let some more light through? I'm going to see if I can find some nice, shiny/glossy yellow paper and cut out a piece to fit snuggly on the underside of the hood to give the transparent yellow plastic a little more saturation and opacity. It should make the flames look a lot better without needing to get more light piped through the torso somehow.
Re: Pre-Order Roundup for Takara Legends Grand Maximus and Greatshot (1916910)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 16th, 2017 @ 1:33pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

It's more of a running change mold variant between the first and second run versions of the Hasbro Trypticons' towers.

Here's the info from the Trypticon thread:

Re: Pre-Order Roundup for Takara Legends Grand Maximus and Greatshot (1916914)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on October 16th, 2017 @ 1:38pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Seibertron wrote:

Here's the info from the Trypticon thread:

thanks Sabr ;)^
Re: Pre-Order Roundup for Takara Legends Grand Maximus and Greatshot (1916916)
Posted by Seibertron on October 16th, 2017 @ 1:41pm CDT
Stuartmaximus wrote:
thanks Sabr ;)^

Ditto!
Re: Pre-Order Roundup for Takara Legends Grand Maximus and Greatshot (1916924)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on October 16th, 2017 @ 2:08pm CDT
I procrastinated on getting Fort Max but I think I will line up all my ducks and get GM in stead. :VEHI:
Re: Pre-Order Roundup for Takara Legends Grand Maximus and Greatshot (1916929)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on October 16th, 2017 @ 2:27pm CDT
Unfortunately since Takara have already released Trypticon, the hope for a Gigastorm is all but lost :(, even though now we're getting a Grand Max repaint(as well as an additional POTP pretender/targetmaster style fig), maybe I can still hope for a Black Zarak(Scorponok) & Guardian Robot(Omega) repaints from Takara, but I'm not setting that in stone
Re: Pre-Order Roundup for Takara Legends Grand Maximus and Greatshot (1916939)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on October 16th, 2017 @ 3:21pm CDT
Stuartmaximus wrote:Unfortunately since Takara have already released Trypticon, the hope for a Gigastorm is all but lost :(

What makes you say this?
Re: Pre-Order Roundup for Takara Legends Grand Maximus and Greatshot (1916940)
Posted by Kurona on October 16th, 2017 @ 3:23pm CDT
Re: Pre-Order Roundup for Takara Legends Grand Maximus and Greatshot (1916943)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on October 16th, 2017 @ 3:30pm CDT
Kurona wrote:Honestly, I'm surprised no-one's made a Gigastorm conversion set yet. Literally all you need is a different horn piece and some stickers.

I did think of that, but not seen anything yet
Re: Pre-Order Roundup for Takara Legends Grand Maximus and Greatshot (1916983)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on October 16th, 2017 @ 7:40pm CDT
Hot Rod has the same amount of hollowness on both versions of the figure, it's just how the mold wears it. You either have a bare patch on the belly or a hollow interior.
Re: Pre-Order Roundup for Takara Legends Grand Maximus and Greatshot (1916988)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on October 16th, 2017 @ 8:46pm CDT
Re: Pre-Order Roundup for Takara Legends Grand Maximus and Greatshot (1916989)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on October 16th, 2017 @ 8:52pm CDT
grimdragon2001 wrote:Just got my Legends Kup today, along with Legends Wheelie. Kup's robot mode looks awesome, but the vehicle mode does suffer for the retooling in the shoulders.

That's the one negative I have on the mold. You loose that little extra bit of stability and security transforming the arms with the loss of the pegs.

Ending Soon On eBay

Hasbro Transformers Age of Extinction Movie Bumblebee Boys Costume, Medium - Time Remaining: 4 days 49 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Generations Voyager Class Whirl Figure Loose - Time Remaining: 15 days 4 hours 52 minutes 47 seconds
transformers Dark of the moon dotm voyager sentinel prime - Time Remaining: 1 day 20 hours 10 minutes 46 seconds
Playskool Heroes HIGH TIDE RESCUE RIG Rescue Bots TRANSFORMERS Playset Boat Sub - Time Remaining: 2 days 17 hours 16 minutes 15 seconds
L@@K TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS SNARL figure MOC MOSC 100% - Time Remaining: 3 days 1 hour 18 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers movie Action Figure Leader class Cybertron Optimus Prime 2004 MISB - Time Remaining: 6 days 16 hours 19 minutes 56 seconds
Transformers PRIME Robots in Disguise Thundertron Voyager MOC MIP MIB - Time Remaining: 2 days 9 hours 21 minutes 35 seconds
Transformers Alternators Hasbro Hot Rodimus New Sealed Ford GT SDCC - Time Remaining: 3 days 8 hours 22 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent