Sunday, June 4th, 2017 10:51am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Kurona   Views: 25,105

Takaratomy Mall dropped a huge bombshell of images on us today! While it's all product we already knew about from the recent Tokyo Toy Show 2017, it's certainly very nice to get some good, clean, clear photography of LG50 Sixshot, LG51 Targetmaster Doublecross, LG52 Targetmaster Misfire and LG53 Broadside. Through this we finally get a good look at the new Targetmaster molds for Misfire and Doublecross; the many modes of Sixshot and Broadside - who still has a very unconvincing Jet mode - and the Repugnus figure that comes with the latter. However, we also get a few neat surprises - Doublecross' headmaster is indeed painted to better resemble the Beastformer White Leo he was molded after... and it turns out Sixshot's headmaster figure is completely new! It now resembles him in Robot mode and has slightly different shapes for the head mode, unfortunately removing the rather sick reference to Jack from The Headmasters in the process. Nevertheless, have a look at the huge slew of images below and tell us what you think in the Energon Pub!

Transformers News: Pre-orders and many new images of Takara Legends Sixshot, Misfire, Doublecross and Broadside

Re: Pre-orders and many new images of Takara Legends Sixshot, Misfire, Doublecross and Broadside (1886797)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on June 4th, 2017 @ 10:54am CDT
Re: Pre-orders and many new images of Takara Legends Sixshot, Misfire, Doublecross and Broadside (1886799)
Posted by Kurona on June 4th, 2017 @ 10:58am CDT
Sigma Magnus wrote:I wonder if they changed Sixshot's Headmaster solely so that they wouldn't have to explain why it looked like Jack. :lol:

:lol: Wouldn't surprise me. Also,

BROADSIDE WHAT ARE YOU DOING 8-}
Re: Pre-orders and many new images of Takara Legends Sixshot, Misfire, Doublecross and Broadside (1886803)
Posted by Cyberpath on June 4th, 2017 @ 11:08am CDT
Misfire looks spot on, you can almost hear his voice.

Re: Pre-orders and many new images of Takara Legends Sixshot, Misfire, Doublecross and Broadside (1886804)
Posted by Kurona on June 4th, 2017 @ 11:15am CDT
While we don't have Slugslinger and Misfire in hand yet, there's no doubt in my mind - Hasbro and Takara absolutely blew it out of the park with the Decepticon Targetmaster jet trio and their sharing the same mold. THIS is what I want to see out of my retools and I've been so impressed with each new picture of the two I see.

I'm also very happy that this deco ends up being spot-on with MTMTE. Shame about the visor and not having eyes, but hey; there's always Shapeways.

Re: Pre-orders and many new images of Takara Legends Sixshot, Misfire, Doublecross and Broadside (1886807)
Posted by Albatross250 on June 4th, 2017 @ 11:19am CDT

Re: Pre-orders and many new images of Takara Legends Sixshot, Misfire, Doublecross and Broadside (1886810)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on June 4th, 2017 @ 11:27am CDT
Albatross250 wrote:

Yeah, I know, I was looking forward to it too. :lol:

As for Misfire...euuugh, I really hope the pink-headed Hasbro version at that show was a mistake, and that it'll have a proper black helmet. I've been trying to go for Hasbro mainline deluxe completion for TR, and I don't want to import for one or two figures! If I import Misfire, then I'll need to get Triggerhappy for the third time (not that I'm complaining, but I could barely justify the replacement copy to my parents) and Slugslinger just to keep it consistent. Add that to TLK and third-party scrap and oh dear Primus my wallet can't take any more STOP MAKING SO MANY AWESOME TOYS AT ONCE
Re: Pre-orders and many new images of Takara Legends Sixshot, Misfire, Doublecross and Broadside (1886811)
Posted by Cyberpath on June 4th, 2017 @ 11:27am CDT
Re: Pre-orders and many new images of Takara Legends Sixshot, Misfire, Doublecross and Broadside (1886812)
Posted by Kurona on June 4th, 2017 @ 11:29am CDT
Sigma Magnus wrote:As for Misfire...euuugh, I really hope the pink-headed Hasbro version at that show was a mistake, and that it'll have a proper black helmet.

It was a mistake. While I usually don't like them and find them unreliable, the CGI render showed Misfire with a black helmet :)
Re: Pre-orders and many new images of Takara Legends Sixshot, Misfire, Doublecross and Broadside (1886813)
Posted by steals_your_goats on June 4th, 2017 @ 11:31am CDT
Just pre-ordered Misfire, Sixshot and Doublecross. Love the new headmaster for Sixshot, and I personally believe that they're saving the Jack headmaster body for a greatshot remold since that would be easier to explain.
Re: Pre-orders and many new images of Takara Legends Sixshot, Misfire, Doublecross and Broadside (1886814)
Posted by Kurona on June 4th, 2017 @ 11:32am CDT
Cyberpath wrote:

These are awesome; if you can do all four I'll gladly news it ;)^
Re: Pre-orders and many new images of Takara Legends Sixshot, Misfire, Doublecross and Broadside (1886815)
Posted by Albatross250 on June 4th, 2017 @ 11:33am CDT
Kurona wrote:Image

It looks like Highbrow in Drunk colors :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: Pre-orders and many new images of Takara Legends Sixshot, Misfire, Doublecross and Broadside (1886816)
Posted by Albatross250 on June 4th, 2017 @ 11:41am CDT
I'm suck at trying to transform my TR Sixshot in this mode and didn't get the CORRECT transformation of it :BOOM: :BANG_HEAD: :HEADHURTS:
Re: Pre-orders and many new images of Takara Legends Sixshot, Misfire, Doublecross and Broadside (1886817)
Posted by SureShot18 on June 4th, 2017 @ 11:44am CDT
I'm having a similar time right now Sigma. So many good things coming out and I'm having to do some hardcore picking and choosing. But in addition to Transformers I also collect Star Wars and a bit of Marvel so it's even worse. :lol: Hopefully I can get a summer job...

Anyway I think I'm going to preorder Sixshot and Misfire. November is a long time from now and if I order from AmiAmi or HLJ the prices won't be too bad. Also I remember people talking about what would be LG50 and like many thought, it's not a big event. It's just Sixshot.
Re: Pre-orders and many new images of Takara Legends Sixshot, Misfire, Doublecross and Broadside (1886821)
Posted by Kurona on June 4th, 2017 @ 11:49am CDT
SureShot18 wrote:Also I remember people talking about what would be LG50 and like many thought, it's not a big event. It's just Sixshot.

I dunno; Sixshot is a big deal. It's not like it's someone totally random like Broadside or Kup - Sixshot was one of the biggest antagonists in The Headmasters. Not the worst choice for a milestone number (if that was the intent).

Here's my somewhat unrelated question though - if they're using Doublecross as a way to release Hayfire (Blurr's Targetmaster), how are they gonna release Nightstick and Fracas (aka the Targetmasters of Cyclonus and Scourge)?
Re: Pre-orders and many new images of Takara Legends Sixshot, Misfire, Doublecross and Broadside (1886822)
Posted by steals_your_goats on June 4th, 2017 @ 11:50am CDT
Re: Pre-orders and many new images of Takara Legends Sixshot, Misfire, Doublecross and Broadside (1886823)
Posted by Kurona on June 4th, 2017 @ 11:54am CDT
steals_your_goats wrote:So it looks like Doublecross' targetmaster is based on Haywire? Am I correct in saying that? Which means that Fracas and nightstick are still left to do from the non original targetmasters that became targetmasters right?

Indeed he is! The details are spot-on for an update.

Re: Pre-orders and many new images of Takara Legends Sixshot, Misfire, Doublecross and Broadside (1886824)
Posted by steals_your_goats on June 4th, 2017 @ 11:57am CDT
Kurona wrote:

Indeed he is! The details are spot-on for an update.

Lol I just saw that you basically posted the same thing just a minute before me. I do wonder who they're going to pair up with the last two. There's no more unique decepticon molds besides slugslinger.
Re: Pre-orders and many new images of Takara Legends Sixshot, Misfire, Doublecross and Broadside (1886825)
Posted by the_neptrix on June 4th, 2017 @ 11:58am CDT
I see takara shrank down Sixshot's cheek guard slightly. The hasbro one always bothered me because paint would scrape off of the titanmaster face when removing it from the wolf head slot. Dang it. Gotta go make some money soon. :BANG_HEAD: I
Re: Pre-orders and many new images of Takara Legends Sixshot, Misfire, Doublecross and Broadside (1886834)
Posted by Cyberpath on June 4th, 2017 @ 12:26pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:

These are awesome; if you can do all four I'll gladly news it ;)^

Thanks! I made these in advance looking forward to Takara's stock-photos.

Didn't bother with Broadside because the mold looks like a mess, and Sixshot, well I wasn't in the mood to paint all his six forms from the Japanese model sheet. :lol:
(Honestly, shame there's no book with the colour model-cels from the original show.) But maybe later if no one beats me to it.
Re: Pre-orders and many new images of Takara Legends Sixshot, Misfire, Doublecross and Broadside (1886835)
Posted by SureShot18 on June 4th, 2017 @ 12:31pm CDT
Kurona wrote:

Oh my bad, I wasn't thinking about Headmasters. I haven't seen it so his importance in that show is unknown to me. I still think of him as the guy that showed up in Rebirth for a minute and did some cool things. When you put it like that it's more eventful, if that's what they were going for.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #277 - Daring to Be Stupid
"Daring to Be Stupid"
Posted: Sunday, May 30th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Battle for Cybertron 3 Sharkticons Attack Hotrod Figures" on EBAY
Buy "USA Transformers  Fans toys FT-20 FT20 A&B Terminus Giganticus G1 Omega Supreme" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Starscream Legion Class Dark of the Moon Hasbro Cyberverse" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS MOVIE ROTF SOUNDWAVE SIDESWIPE LEGENDS CLASS BRAND NEW SEALED 2009" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Siege - War for Cybertron - Brunt - Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Choro-Q QTF-06 Arcee New MISB (Takara TOMY Toyota Crown)" on EBAY
Buy "TAKARA TOMY METROPLEX Transformers Encore Scramble City 12 New" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS WAR FOR CYBERTRON: SIEGE DELUXE CLASS WFC-S10 SKYTREAD" on EBAY