Pre-Orders for Henkai Thundercracker Sold Out at BBTS

Pre-Orders for Henkai Thundercracker Sold Out at BBTS

Tuesday, May 27th, 2008 6:14pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 13,316

Following on from our earlier story comes news that Henkei Thundercracker is now available to be pre-ordered by it's self.

BigBadToyStore have listed a pre-order for the single Henkei Thundercracker for US$74.99. To check out the pre order page, please click here.

UPDATE
BBTS have SOLD OUT their pre-orders for the solo pack of Henkei Thundercracker.

Credit(s): DavidT, BBTS

This article was last modified on Tuesday, May 27th, 2008 11:38pm CDT

Re: Pre-Orders for Henkai Thundercracker Sold Out at BBTS (709309)
Posted by i_amtrunks on May 27th, 2008 @ 6:16pm CDT
Front Paged and credited.

I'm sure this pre-order will be appreciated by many fans who have already gotten Skywarp from the Ultra Magnus 2 pack.
Re: Pre-Orders for Henkai Thundercracker Sold Out at BBTS (709313)
Posted by Burn on May 27th, 2008 @ 6:21pm CDT
Nifty. Con everyone into ordering them together then put a solo pre-order up a few days later.

Wonder how many will rush out and cancel their pre-order for TC & SW and go TC only.
Re: Pre-Orders for Henkai Thundercracker Sold Out at BBTS (709320)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on May 27th, 2008 @ 6:29pm CDT
Thanks, just updated my preorder page acordingly.

HOORAY FOR SAVING $120!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Pre-Orders for Henkai Thundercracker Sold Out at BBTS (709330)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on May 27th, 2008 @ 6:40pm CDT
Nekoman wrote:After shipping Rinkya would be cheaper. And I’m in no rush since now we’ve confirmed there is no limit.

That was confirmed, I though it was only going to be made by the number of preorders.

Also, you found a cheaper source? I have a couple people looking, but nothing solid yet.

Oh and just cause I'm not selfish in my online hunting, one of the people I tipped off was Thomas Lee, of the Ebay favorite ToyArena. He's normaly real good at underselling BBTS, and, he's greatful for the lead :D
Re: Pre-Orders for Henkai Thundercracker Sold Out at BBTS (709336)
Posted by GetterDragun on May 27th, 2008 @ 6:55pm CDT

So who at BotCon said our sets would retain their value?
Re: Pre-Orders for Henkai Thundercracker Sold Out at BBTS (709345)
Posted by Sunstar on May 27th, 2008 @ 7:08pm CDT
GetterDragun wrote:I heard that these are not going to be limited, that they'll take orders until the clisng date (kind of like the Star Convoy reissue). Well, we all know what happened to that $15 Star Convoys on Yahoo Japan.

So who at BotCon said our sets would retain their value?

Value is a very subjective matter. What person X is willing to pay is not the same as what Person Y will pay.

I am sure that those who want a genuine botcon thundercracker, or thundercracker compleatists will pay mucho for the figure. But as for toys, It's generally not considered a good invenstment. When I buy my toys, I buy them for my own personal enjoyment future value is not a prioraty to me.

If I do buy anything extra of anything, its not for profit, but usually for a quick trade or something.

I checked on ebay just now. And auction for tc, still has 5 days currently going for 65. I am pretty sure it should go high.
Re: Pre-Orders for Henkai Thundercracker Sold Out at BBTS (709351)
Posted by capellamusic on May 27th, 2008 @ 7:19pm CDT
For those outside the USA check http://www.etoysjapan.com/, the price is better.
Re: Pre-Orders for Henkai Thundercracker Sold Out at BBTS (709353)
Posted by Sledge on May 27th, 2008 @ 7:24pm CDT
GetterDragun wrote:So who at BotCon said our sets would retain their value?
Um, I thought we'd worked out that the Henkei TC will be selling for about what you paid for your Botcon one? So how has it not retained its value?
Re: Pre-Orders for Henkai Thundercracker Sold Out at BBTS (709360)
Posted by Sunstar on May 27th, 2008 @ 7:36pm CDT
Sledge wrote:
GetterDragun wrote:So who at BotCon said our sets would retain their value?

I am not sure but I think he means the secondary market value of Botcon Thundercracker migth not be getting the 2 - 300 dollars it currently is getting. I don't think he means the 50 some odd bucks it cost to get a botcon tc originally.
Re: Pre-Orders for Henkai Thundercracker Sold Out at BBTS (709368)
Posted by tech348 on May 27th, 2008 @ 7:44pm CDT
Thanks just ordered my two. :grin:
Re: Pre-Orders for Henkai Thundercracker Sold Out at BBTS (709370)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on May 27th, 2008 @ 7:47pm CDT
:grin: I just preordered one :grin:
Re: Pre-Orders for Henkai Thundercracker Sold Out at BBTS (709379)
Posted by Pyrostrata on May 27th, 2008 @ 7:59pm CDT
Yay me! Just set up my pre-order for the set of Seekers....Henkei Starscream is on my birthday list as well! *does the happy dance* :DANCE:
Re: Pre-Orders for Henkai Thundercracker Sold Out at BBTS (709380)
Posted by GetterDragun on May 27th, 2008 @ 8:05pm CDT
Sledge wrote:
GetterDragun wrote:So who at BotCon said our sets would retain their value?

The statement was made this year when the acknowlege value was around $250. Not that I would sell mine anyways, I'm just keeping track of all this.
Re: Pre-Orders for Henkai Thundercracker Sold Out at BBTS (709383)
Posted by Sledge on May 27th, 2008 @ 8:08pm CDT
Re: Pre-Orders for Henkai Thundercracker Sold Out at BBTS (709385)
Posted by GetterDragun on May 27th, 2008 @ 8:09pm CDT
Sunstar wrote:

So who at BotCon said our sets would retain their value?

Since you used the term value in reference to what people pay, then no, value is not subjective at all, in this case it is pure supply and demand.
Re: Pre-Orders for Henkai Thundercracker Sold Out at BBTS (709386)
Posted by Sunstar on May 27th, 2008 @ 8:09pm CDT
GetterDragun wrote:
Sledge wrote:
GetterDragun wrote:So who at BotCon said our sets would retain their value?

I am sure for the Hardcore botcon collectors, the 250 dollar value will remain intact. Those like myself, would not pay that sort of money anyway, so there is no value lost for you.
Re: Pre-Orders for Henkai Thundercracker Sold Out at BBTS (709388)
Posted by GetterDragun on May 27th, 2008 @ 8:11pm CDT
Sledge wrote:That was a pretty stupid statement on their part, then. I can't see how anyone can offer a guarantee on what people will be willing to pay for an item in the future.

That's my point, why didn't they just say "Yea, they're coming out with a Henkei Thundercracker."
Re: Pre-Orders for Henkai Thundercracker Sold Out at BBTS (709389)
Posted by Tekka on May 27th, 2008 @ 8:11pm CDT
I suppose it went along the lines of saying whatever needed to be said to keep the customers happy at the time. When clearly if they cannot offer a guarantee as to Takara's use of any mold, then they certainly cannot guarantee to control inflation in markets outside any Transformer related company.
Re: Pre-Orders for Henkai Thundercracker Sold Out at BBTS (709391)
Posted by Tripredacus agent on May 27th, 2008 @ 8:12pm CDT
Autoclot wrote:Ooooh... cool. I've never bought from BBTS before - does anyone know how they are for sales to the UK?

I've been using them for years and their service is excellent, P&P is typically around $25 and your stuff is usually with you within a fortnight.
Re: Pre-Orders for Henkai Thundercracker Sold Out at BBTS (709395)
Posted by GetterDragun on May 27th, 2008 @ 8:15pm CDT
Sunstar wrote:
GetterDragun wrote:

Not true. Supply and Demand. There is now less demand for BotCon TC, therefore the price will drop. This is simple economics.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-47 Kickback & Double Dealer" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-38 Laserbeak & Apeface" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Botcon 2013 Classics SEEKER HOTLINK  Tech Card  & instuctions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Challenge at Cybertron Rodimus and Titans Return Hot Rod" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager ASTROTRAIN Loose Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Chromedome COMPLETE, Great Condition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron Legends Class Galvatron Action Figure 2005 - MOC" on EBAY