Preview for IDW Transformers Beast Wars #3

Preview for IDW Transformers Beast Wars #3

Friday, March 26th, 2021 9:16pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 25,438

Below is an iTunes preview for Transformers: Beast Wars #3, which will be coming out in April.

Unbeknownst to the Maximals, the Predacons have taken their first prisoner! As Megatron and Tarantulas run their interrogation, dissent stirs in the Predacon ranks. Who’ll give first—the dissatisfied Dinobot or the captured Maximal? The Beast Wars rage on!

AVAILABLE: April 2021
CREATORS:
Erik Burnham (Author) Josh Burcham (Artist, Cover Artist)
IMPRINT: IDW
PAGE COUNT: 32
COLOR: FC

Transformers News: Preview for IDW Transformers Beast Wars #3

Transformers News: Preview for IDW Transformers Beast Wars #3

Transformers News: Preview for IDW Transformers Beast Wars #3

Transformers News: Preview for IDW Transformers Beast Wars #3

Transformers News: Preview for IDW Transformers Beast Wars #3

Transformers News: Preview for IDW Transformers Beast Wars #3

Re: Preview for IDW Transformers Beast Wars #3 (2099469)
Posted by megamanfan on March 27th, 2021 @ 7:59am CDT
i love how easy it is to imagine David Kaye reading those megatron lines.
Re: Preview for IDW Transformers Beast Wars #3 (2099494)
Posted by bluecatcinema on March 27th, 2021 @ 2:55pm CDT
I like how they're showing Dinobot becoming more and more dissatisfied with the cruelty of his comrades, building up to his inevitable defection to the Maximals.
Re: Preview for IDW Transformers Beast Wars #3 (2099499)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on March 27th, 2021 @ 3:48pm CDT
Tarantulas looks awful, probably the worst one yet. I suppose giving Dinobot a completely different, if really generic, reason for leaving the Predacons does at least diverge this book from the original show. I was trying to think why it looked familiar... That's how it was done with Silverbolt!
Re: Preview for IDW Transformers Beast Wars #3 (2099537)
Posted by JazZeke on March 28th, 2021 @ 1:06am CDT
I've been on the fence about the art, but I'm rrreeeeaally not liking this, to the point where it may permanently swing me to the "dislike" side. Such a shame.
Re: Preview for IDW Transformers Beast Wars #3 (2099538)
Posted by Dead Metal on March 28th, 2021 @ 2:49am CDT
Wow, the art just keeps getting worse and worse.

Could Livio Ramondelli take over art duties?
Re: Preview for IDW Transformers Beast Wars #3 (2099540)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on March 28th, 2021 @ 2:53am CDT
Dead Metal wrote:Wow, the art just keeps getting worse and worse.

Could Livio Ramondelli take over art duties?

I thought we wanted the art to look better :P

Whoever did the Retail Incentive cover above, would be a vast improvement (after slimming down Primal a bit).
Re: Preview for IDW Transformers Beast Wars #3 (2099541)
Posted by JazZeke on March 28th, 2021 @ 3:09am CDT
Dead Metal wrote:Wow, the art just keeps getting worse and worse.

Could Livio Ramondelli take over art duties?

Livio's a fantastic colorist, enough to hide the fact that his lineart leaves a LOT to be desired.
Re: Preview for IDW Transformers Beast Wars #3 (2099542)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on March 28th, 2021 @ 3:33am CDT
The Primacy trilogy easily shares the honour, alongside Heart of Darkness, as the worst art produced by IDW. Akin to Skittles spewed over the page...
Re: Preview for IDW Transformers Beast Wars #3 (2099543)
Posted by Dead Metal on March 28th, 2021 @ 3:44am CDT
Ramondelli isn't great, but he would be an improvement over this.

I would prefer the artist of the Retail incentive cover, but lets be realistic, idw doesn't put good artists on TF books anymore, it's just people who are willing to draw fast and cheap. And Ramondelli at least puts heart into his work.

Re: Preview for IDW Transformers Beast Wars #3 (2099544)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on March 28th, 2021 @ 3:46am CDT
Dead Metal wrote:I would prefer Liefeld over the art in this book, at least he knows curves exist.

:lol:

:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

Seriously, what is Nick Roche doing these days? He'd be brilliant on this.
Re: Preview for IDW Transformers Beast Wars #3 (2099545)
Posted by Dead Metal on March 28th, 2021 @ 3:53am CDT
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:

:lol:

:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

Seriously, what is Nick Roche doing these days? He'd be brilliant on this.

Marvel.
He won't be back with idw.
Re: Preview for IDW Transformers Beast Wars #3 (2099546)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on March 28th, 2021 @ 3:54am CDT
That's a shame. Still, I'll look forward to whatever he is doing at Marvel then.
Re: Preview for IDW Transformers Beast Wars #3 (2099547)
Posted by Dead Metal on March 28th, 2021 @ 4:01am CDT
It's not confirmed he won't be back with idw. But I would say it's a good guess. He did complain that his books never got any promotion, MTMTE being the exception. Hell Sins of the Wrekers was buirried so hard I only learned off of it because someone I have on FB stumbled upon the last issue and asked if anyone knew this existed.
And seeing how he's now ben noticed by the mainstream and has success with other indy books, I don't think he'll go back. Especially since it looks like he's getting regular and steady work at Marvel, unlike with idw where he got a cover now and then, and a comic every couple of years.
Re: Preview for IDW Transformers Beast Wars #3 (2099548)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on March 28th, 2021 @ 4:07am CDT
Sounds reasonable to believe he won't return then.
Ironic, considering I think Last Stand of the Wreckers is the best Transformers story IDW has produced. Also from reading the entire IDWverse run, via the part work, I'd say he was responsible for more of that success, outside of the artwork, than Roberts.

Occasion dodgy practices aside, at least Marvel historically appreciate good artists.
Re: Preview for IDW Transformers Beast Wars #3 (2099582)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 28th, 2021 @ 2:51pm CDT
Re: Preview for IDW Transformers Beast Wars #3 (2099585)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on March 28th, 2021 @ 2:56pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:and making it look great.

You did notice Tarantulas in the preview, right?
Re: Preview for IDW Transformers Beast Wars #3 (2099590)
Posted by ZeroWolf on March 28th, 2021 @ 3:06pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Looking forward to the next issue. I am a big fan of Burcham's art, and I continue to like what he is doing with it. I really like it. Kudos to him for finally getting his own book, sticking to his style, and making it look great.

I agree, I like the art and the story. I was beginning to feel like I was the only one here who did like the art :lol:
Re: Preview for IDW Transformers Beast Wars #3 (2099592)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 28th, 2021 @ 3:08pm CDT
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:and making it look great.

You did notice Tarantulas in the preview, right?

I did, he looks good.

You've spewed your art and story hatred over this entire thread, hard to miss I might add, and I have shared my thoughts on the art and story and find it enjoyable. I for one hope Burcham keeps doing what he's doing because i love it.

Outside of the cliffjumper arc of Galaxies, this is the best art the comics have seen since IDW2005 ended.
Re: Preview for IDW Transformers Beast Wars #3 (2099595)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on March 28th, 2021 @ 3:15pm CDT

I'm also far from the minority in vocal detractors of the art either.
Re: Preview for IDW Transformers Beast Wars #3 (2099597)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 28th, 2021 @ 3:18pm CDT
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:No hatred at all. I don't feel that strongly about any media. But coming from an artistic background, ill suited art is hard to miss. It is an objective viewpoint. Not a subjective one.

I'm also far from the minority in vocal detractors of the art either.

On here? yes, that's obvious, it's partly why i don't visit the comics threads that often anymore.

On Facebook? also not surprising, facebook typically holds the older G1 crowds who praise the Prime Wars trilogy and hate on anything post-1988.

On Twitter, far from it. It's incredible the praise Burcham has been handed for his work, and he has provided some fun insights into his work. It's been a blast.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Battle Core Optimus Prime (Incomplete) Body" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Legends Ultra Magnus Complete w/ Alpha Trion Combiner Wars" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars ARMADA MEGATRON, Missing Head_T3" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Legends LG17 Blackarachnia complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron #002 Soundblaster w/ Buzzsaw Voyager" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 2012 Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Air Raid incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner wars Bombshell Bio Card" on EBAY