Preview of Transformers: Cloud Hellwarp Comic

Preview of Transformers: Cloud Hellwarp Comic

Wednesday, April 29th, 2015 4:25pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News
Posted by: Mindmaster   Views: 24,388

Japanese blogger (and possible cat enthusiast) Mangod uploaded a handful of images featuring the comic that comes with Takara's Transformers: Cloud release of Hellwarp. Of interesting note is that the one of the pages feature Generations Jhiaxus... perhaps hinting at a Takara release of the Cybertronian Empire's leader/Nova Prime's go-to mad scientist? Whatever the case, check out the preview pages below!

Transformers News: Preview of Transformers: Cloud Hellwarp Comic

Transformers News: Preview of Transformers: Cloud Hellwarp Comic

Transformers News: Preview of Transformers: Cloud Hellwarp Comic

Transformers News: Preview of Transformers: Cloud Hellwarp Comic

Credit(s): Mangod of Ameblo.jp

Re: Preview of Transformers: Cloud Hellwarp Comic (1680585)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 29th, 2015 @ 4:48pm CDT
Hah, Cloud Megatron is getting all DotM and that's a Soundwave in the background, possibly based on Prime Vehicon according to the blogger... with Gul as Laserbeak?

Don't tell me that Cloud made aspects of the Movie Universe leak into other Universes, that's FunPub's job :lol:
Re: Preview of Transformers: Cloud Hellwarp Comic (1680594)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on April 29th, 2015 @ 5:10pm CDT
Alright, if they end up making Soundwave out of the RiD Vehicon mold I NEED it. Easily one of my absolute favorite molds, and since my favorite character's always been Soundwave the combo is too good to miss.
Re: Preview of Transformers: Cloud Hellwarp Comic (1680773)
Posted by Rated X on April 30th, 2015 @ 7:41am CDT
"Cloud" is just the drunken Japanese version of Shattered Glass in my opinion. I suppose you could take Cloud Roadbuster and Whirl and display them with Mech Ideas Prototype X and Project Z to have Shattered Glass Wreckers.

I bought Cloud Roadbuster to use as G1 Crosshairs and Cloud Rodimus to give FP Protector a much needed chance to display his awesome alt mode. I dont need any of the other Cloud figures. They missed a tremendous oppurtunity to do Cybershark.
Re: Preview of Transformers: Cloud Hellwarp Comic (1680794)
Posted by shajaki on April 30th, 2015 @ 9:22am CDT
While I agree on Cybershark, I disagree on "drunken". I think they chose molds really well, and the paint jobs given were A++. And I'm not even worried about the BW homage. HasTak likes to get their monies worth out of every mold, one that requires zero retooling is a no brainer. And it might even be standard retailer.
Re: Preview of Transformers: Cloud Hellwarp Comic (1680796)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 30th, 2015 @ 9:33am CDT
Rated X wrote:"Cloud" is just the drunken Japanese version of Shattered Glass in my opinion.

It's a more active version of FunPub's TransTech, really IMO... The somewhat open ending could lead to a sequel line, only with Deluxes. Vehicon Soundwave and Jhiaxus anyone?
Re: Preview of Transformers: Cloud Hellwarp Comic (1680810)
Posted by megatronus on April 30th, 2015 @ 10:54am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I love the Cloud figures. I think Cloud Optimus is the best deco of that mold to date (for Prime), and the rest do really interesting things. Not to mention that the quality and paint are top-notch.

X, if they're not for you, then they're not for you. But it's nearly impossible to argue these weren't well thought out or conceived. Besides, I'm also using Cloud Roadbuster as Classics Crosshairs. ;)
Re: Preview of Transformers: Cloud Hellwarp Comic (1680850)
Posted by Evil Eye on April 30th, 2015 @ 1:03pm CDT
I just wish they'd redeco the Skybyte mold again and release it as Hellscream and Hellcracker, giving us a full set of "Shark Seekers".

Also, hooded Megatron is always awesome, regardless of continuity.
Re: Preview of Transformers: Cloud Hellwarp Comic (1680942)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on April 30th, 2015 @ 3:32pm CDT
megatronus wrote:I think Cloud Optimus is the best deco of that mold to date (for Prime), and the rest do really interesting things.

I second the praise of Cloud Optimus Prime. That deco is spot on for G1 cartoon accuracy enthusiasts. I switched out the black wind vane for the all red one that came with the TRU AoE Optimus two-pack (the red plastics match pretty well, if not absolutely perfectly). Add in the blaster and energon axe from Generations Orion Pax, and you have yourself a beautiful G1-Classics Prime.
Re: Preview of Transformers: Cloud Hellwarp Comic (1681175)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 1st, 2015 @ 10:36am CDT

No, not the second Classics line from 2008. That was the second line to be called "Transformers: Universe". No, I'm speaking of the first line to be called "Transformers: Universe", which came out in 2003 and was nothing but funky redeco of older molds. 8-}

Re: Preview of Transformers: Cloud Hellwarp Comic (1681177)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 1st, 2015 @ 10:45am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Sometimes as new characters to boot. Look at Frostbite, Reptillion, Razorclaw, King Atlas, Stockade and Magna Stampede ;)
Re: Preview of Transformers: Cloud Hellwarp Comic (1682772)
Posted by ScottyP on May 6th, 2015 @ 11:23am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Oh, you should have seen what Hasbro did with the mass retail Transformers: Universe line back in 2003-2006.

Were these mass retail releases a la Universe 1.0 I'd have bought all of them in a heartbeat.

I love this comparison. Granted, I like the figures, I'm just now imagining a drunk Japanese man with an airbrush repainting his toys in bonkers ways. Optimus and Brawn aren't super different-y because he passed out too soon. He was in a dark place the night Hellwarp got done. Did shrooms and read MTMTE and then boom, Cloud Rodimus. Yep, that's definitely what happened, and I'm glad you pointed this out :grin:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters cyberverse Predaking" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager - Sandstorm - Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Beetle Bumblebee Spike Volkswagen Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Sandstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2016 Generations Titans Return Deluxe Class SKULLSMASHER & GRAX!" on EBAY
Buy "Takara TOMY Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome Headmasters Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary SANDSTORM Voyager NEW" on EBAY