Previous Dino Cassette Reissues Dial and Zaur Coming back in Upcoming 3 pack

Transformers News: Previous Dino Cassette Reissues Dial and Zaur Coming back in Upcoming 3 pack

Sunday, July 21st, 2019 1:47PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 11,320

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

When Hasbro revealed that the dino casssette reissues were new molds made from the original wood models, you knew that meant these would be released to kingdom come. And that's what's happening. Even though both Dial and Zaur were already released twice in both normal and clear plastic decos (accompanied by a golden bumblebee each time), they will be released a third time in an upcoming three pack. The three pack will have those two previously released casettes along with Rumble to go with the other cassette three pack which includes Frenzy. If anyone wonders what makes the Frenzy and Rumble reissues different than the Walmart exclusive ones, it is that these have decos more akin to the blue and red cassette in the G1 cartoon.

This new three pack news comes from Kapow Toys who announced it on their Facebook page.

Transformers News: Previous Dino Cassette Reissues Dial and Zaur Coming back in Upcoming 3 pack
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Previous Dino Cassette Reissues Dial and Zaur Coming back in Upcoming 3 pack (2030706)
Posted by Flashwave on July 21st, 2019 @ 2:03pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Wait, there's already a Ratbat reissue coming? I missed that

You kbow what, I may be confusing seeing rhe SIEGE Ratbat abd thinking I saw a G1 Ratbat. Lemme go flip through the gallery again.

Too much good stuff this weekend. :BOOM:
Re: Previous Dino Cassette Reissues Dial and Zaur Coming back in Upcoming 3 pack (2030710)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 21st, 2019 @ 2:19pm CDT
So, in a nutshell:

- Dairu/Dile and Zauru are available in two sets, one set has an extra blue guy
- Gurafi/Graphy and Noizu/Noise come with an extra red guy
- Red and blue already come with Buzzsaw and Ravage

:BOOM:
Re: Previous Dino Cassette Reissues Dial and Zaur Coming back in Upcoming 3 pack (2030713)
Posted by william-james88 on July 21st, 2019 @ 2:37pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:So, in a nutshell:

- Dairu/Dile and Zauru are available in two sets, one set has an extra blue guy
- Gurafi/Graphy and Noizu/Noise come with an extra red guy
- Red and blue already come with Buzzsaw and Ravage

:BOOM:

I think you got a lot of that wrong. All sets cone with extras and you mixed the colours.
Re: Previous Dino Cassette Reissues Dial and Zaur Coming back in Upcoming 3 pack (2030714)
Posted by william-james88 on July 21st, 2019 @ 2:40pm CDT
Flashwave wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Wait, there's already a Ratbat reissue coming? I missed that

You kbow what, I may be confusing seeing rhe SIEGE Ratbat abd thinking I saw a G1 Ratbat. Lemme go flip through the gallery again.

Too much good stuff this weekend. :BOOM:

Only siege Rabat is coming.
Re: Previous Dino Cassette Reissues Dial and Zaur Coming back in Upcoming 3 pack (2030716)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 21st, 2019 @ 2:45pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:So, in a nutshell:

- Dairu/Dile and Zauru are available in two sets, one set has an extra blue guy
- Gurafi/Graphy and Noizu/Noise come with an extra red guy
- Red and blue already come with Buzzsaw and Ravage

:BOOM:

I think you got a lot of that wrong. All sets cone with extras and you mixed the colours.


Info overload can do a lot with me... :BOOM:

Ok, let's try this again:

G1 Vintage Series
Ravage & Rumble (red)
Laserbeak & Frenzy (blue)

Gurafi & Noizu, with Frenzy (blue)
Dairu & Zauru, with Rumble (red)

Studio Series
19 Retro Rock Garage: Bumblebee, Dairu & Uruaz
20 Retro Pop Highway: Bumblebee, Zauru & Uriad

No matter how you cut it, one still ends up with doubles.
Re: Previous Dino Cassette Reissues Dial and Zaur Coming back in Upcoming 3 pack (2030717)
Posted by ScottyP on July 21st, 2019 @ 3:09pm CDT
Please assemble them correctly this time!

Sincerely,
Legout's weird ankles
Re: Previous Dino Cassette Reissues Dial and Zaur Coming back in Upcoming 3 pack (2030719)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 21st, 2019 @ 3:11pm CDT
Thank God! I really didn't want to buy two movie bees for these cassettes.
Re: Previous Dino Cassette Reissues Dial and Zaur Coming back in Upcoming 3 pack (2030720)
Posted by Lore Keeper on July 21st, 2019 @ 3:15pm CDT
I JUST caved and ordered Retro Pop Highway to complete the set, then this comes out of nowhere??? Aaaaarrrgh!!!!!
Re: Previous Dino Cassette Reissues Dial and Zaur Coming back in Upcoming 3 pack (2030721)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 21st, 2019 @ 3:22pm CDT
Lore Keeper wrote:I JUST caved and ordered Retro Pop Highway to complete the set, then this comes out of nowhere??? Aaaaarrrgh!!!!!

Well, look at it this way: You've got Uruaz and Uriad to bolster your Decepticon ranks now
Re: Previous Dino Cassette Reissues Dial and Zaur Coming back in Upcoming 3 pack (2030722)
Posted by william-james88 on July 21st, 2019 @ 3:25pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:I JUST caved and ordered Retro Pop Highway to complete the set, then this comes out of nowhere??? Aaaaarrrgh!!!!!

Well, look at it this way: You've got Uruaz and Uriad to bolster your Decepticon ranks now

They will come handy against the swarm of bees you now have
Re: Previous Dino Cassette Reissues Dial and Zaur Coming back in Upcoming 3 pack (2030723)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 21st, 2019 @ 3:28pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:I JUST caved and ordered Retro Pop Highway to complete the set, then this comes out of nowhere??? Aaaaarrrgh!!!!!

Well, look at it this way: You've got Uruaz and Uriad to bolster your Decepticon ranks now


Ifarug and Uzion when?
Re: Previous Dino Cassette Reissues Dial and Zaur Coming back in Upcoming 3 pack (2030724)
Posted by Emerje on July 21st, 2019 @ 3:33pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:If anyone wonders what makes the Frenzy and Rumble reissues different than the Walmart exclusive ones, it is that these have decos more akin to the blue and red cassette in the G1 cartoon.

The colors look identical to me, the only difference I can see between the two is the new head deco that I can't figure out the reference to. It's definitely not cartoon accurate (otherwise they'd have swapped the names).

Walmart reissue
Image

3 Pack
Image
frenzy.JPG


Rumble
Image

Emerje
Re: Previous Dino Cassette Reissues Dial and Zaur Coming back in Upcoming 3 pack (2030727)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 21st, 2019 @ 3:48pm CDT
Hmm... Maybe the 3-pack swapped the dark blue for purple? Hard to say.
...I just noticed that the 3-pack Two-Tone Blue Guy on display has missassembled legs
Re: Previous Dino Cassette Reissues Dial and Zaur Coming back in Upcoming 3 pack (2030728)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on July 21st, 2019 @ 4:01pm CDT
This worked out reasonably well for me. I don't already have the dino cassettes, nor do I have Rumble and Frenzy, and this way I can get all of them without having duplicates of Ravage and Laserbeak
Re: Previous Dino Cassette Reissues Dial and Zaur Coming back in Upcoming 3 pack (2030807)
Posted by Giant Purple Griffin on July 21st, 2019 @ 9:32pm CDT
Emerje wrote:
william-james88 wrote:If anyone wonders what makes the Frenzy and Rumble reissues different than the Walmart exclusive ones, it is that these have decos more akin to the blue and red cassette in the G1 cartoon.

The colors look identical to me, the only difference I can see between the two is the new head deco that I can't figure out the reference to. It's definitely not cartoon accurate (otherwise they'd have swapped the names).

Walmart reissue
Image

3 Pack
Image
frenzy.JPG


Rumble
Image

Emerje



As I mentioned in the other thread, it looks like they were supposed to paint his optics red, and someone confused the dot on his forehead for his optics.

The whole thing makes no sense, because if this was supposed to be the toon version, they would have called him Rumble with the Walmart one being Frenzy.
Re: Previous Dino Cassette Reissues Dial and Zaur Coming back in Upcoming 3 pack (2030836)
Posted by Zeedust on July 22nd, 2019 @ 1:31am CDT
Did they lose the molds for Overkill and Slugfest? Because those two would have gone really well with these reissues.

Still, it's nice to see these guys finally widely available, and the price seems fairly reasonable as far as reissues go, though I do feel a little sorry for those who shelled out for one or both of the Retro Pop Highway sets and are feeling burned right now (though I do think the clear Decepticon versions of the cassettes are pretty cool, and I'd love it if they got their own separate rerelease).

...Slamdance and Squawkbox next, please?
Re: Previous Dino Cassette Reissues Dial and Zaur Coming back in Upcoming 3 pack (2030842)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 22nd, 2019 @ 2:05am CDT
Zeedust wrote:Did they lose the molds for Overkill and Slugfest? Because those two would have gone really well with these reissues.

Those molds are still around, they got reissued in the Encore line.
Re: Previous Dino Cassette Reissues Dial and Zaur Coming back in Upcoming 3 pack (2030861)
Posted by leokearon on July 22nd, 2019 @ 5:38am CDT
Zeedust wrote:Did they lose the molds for Overkill and Slugfest? Because those two would have gone really well with these reissues.



That would have been a great idea, better than double dipping Frenzy
Re: Previous Dino Cassette Reissues Dial and Zaur Coming back in Upcoming 3 pack (2030943)
Posted by ScottyP on July 22nd, 2019 @ 1:49pm CDT
Dinocassettes proving that "lost molds" doesn't have to be what stops a reissue since these are new toolings of the old designs.

Not saying to crack open your wishful thinking catalog since cassettes are going to be much cheaper to make molds for than other toys given their small size and parts count, just saying that if they think the money's there to justify it they can reissue whatever they want.
Re: Previous Dino Cassette Reissues Dial and Zaur Coming back in Upcoming 3 pack (2030945)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 22nd, 2019 @ 2:07pm CDT
Well, in Dile and Zaur's case it helped that they actually found the original templates used to make the molds. That saved a lot of effort.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Leader Dragonstorm Combiner" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Autobot Jazz Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #228 - Afterthoughts
Twincast / Podcast #228:
"Afterthoughts"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, August 12th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Generations Cyber Battalion Prowl Walgreens Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "ALPHA TRION, Cybertronian Sage: Transformers TCG Wave 3 1/48 - NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Reveal The Shield Special Ops Jazz RTS Not Complete Preowned" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon DOTM Deluxe Sideswipe" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS TRU Exclsv DOTM Cyberverse Evolution 4-Pack STARSCREAM / BUMBLEBEE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Walmart Exclusive Dark Of The Moon Action Figure DOTM NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG16 Slipstream" on EBAY