Previously exclusive box sets found in independent Canadian online stores!

Previously exclusive box sets found in independent Canadian online stores!

Sunday, May 23rd, 2021 6:09am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: -Kanrabat-   Views: 33,610

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Seibertron user Sabrblade have pointed us out an interesting bit of info:

Sabrblade wrote:Heads up! Possible Dirge/Ramjet rerelease!

Canadian retailer Toy Snowman has a new preorder for this 2-pack set to be released in September/October. The preorder is currently sold out but the fact that it exists could be a good sign for those who missed out on the original Amazon release.


Transformers News: Previously exclusive box sets found in independent Canadian online stores!

So it means that the Amazon exclusives are not so exclusives after all. Maybe some other Amazon box set would appear at that store or other stores as well? The Target and Toys R Us exclusive seekers two pack of ER Thundercracker and Skywarp were also previously found at Age 3 & Up as well. They also have the Siege Rainmakers 3 pack in stock as well.

So if you have missed out on an "exclusive" and want to get it at retail price (or close to retail price), keep your eyes peeled for independent online stores! You may never know...

Credit(s): Toy Snowman


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Previously exclusive box sets found in independent Canadian online stores! (2105392)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on May 23rd, 2021 @ 8:58am CDT
Maybe this means they'll finally fill my Amazon preorder.

Or maybe I can finally find it at a reasonable price elsewhere.
:roll:
Re: Previously exclusive box sets found in independent Canadian online stores! (2105419)
Posted by DeathReviews on May 23rd, 2021 @ 8:28pm CDT
I've got mine already so I have all six of the G1 seekers. The Dirge/Ramjet set is going for $200 on ebay now - wonder if this will diminish that...
Re: Previously exclusive box sets found in independent Canadian online stores! (2105422)
Posted by cloudballoon on May 23rd, 2021 @ 9:13pm CDT
And Thrust is nowhere to be found in Canada... what's the point of my Amazon pre-order again?
Re: Previously exclusive box sets found in independent Canadian online stores! (2105423)
Posted by william-james88 on May 23rd, 2021 @ 9:17pm CDT
cloudballoon wrote:And Thrust is nowhere to be found in Canada... what's the point of my Amazon pre-order again?


Most TRUs got a few shipments of thrust. He was available for store pickup as well. Was able to get one for me and my friends. Of course he was never gonna stick around but he was at least available.
Re: Previously exclusive box sets found in independent Canadian online stores! (2105427)
Posted by cloudballoon on May 23rd, 2021 @ 10:16pm CDT
It was nowhere near me when I read sightings nor can I order online. Now, I'm still not sure what I am gonna to with the 2 pack (if it arrives) without Thrust. I can't even repaint on my own from a redeco because of the 2 Selects, none is the Thrust mold!
Re: Previously exclusive box sets found in independent Canadian online stores! (2105430)
Posted by Nemesis Reformatted on May 23rd, 2021 @ 10:32pm CDT
There is no way in hell that:

#1. Hasbro doesn't know what's going on.

#2. Hasbro can't make a ton more of all the exclusives so everybody can easily buy one & put a stop to scalping.

#3. These figures have to have such a tiny window/time limit.

#4. The only exclusive that has been mentioned so far is the Dirge/Ramjet pack but nobody told Hasbro about Siege Skywarp or Greenlight.

And not only exclusives. I think it's completely ridiculous how titan Scorponok showed up for only about 1 month last year, sold out everywhere & immediately shot up to $200 or $300. Now I've been waiting a full year for more to be restocked. Let that sink in, 1 FULL YEAR! What a load of BS! I didn't pre-order him because I wanted to buy him closer to November or December. But you can no longer choose when you want to make a large purchase like that. Now if you don't pre-order immediately you don't get it. And some Targets had him IN STORES but none in my area, all the Targets near me are tiny stores. I wasted time hoping to find him in a store. Then I learned that none of the stores near me would be carrying it.

This entire situation is F'in ridiculous! I have a Scorponok pre-ordered at BBTS, it says it's due in June. But I can't count on that. I'm expecting June to come & go & Scorponok won't show up. Because that's exactly what happened to my Quintesson Pit Of Judgement at HasbroPulse. They delayed it by 3 months. I won't be surprised if they delay it again.

Hasbro made some horrible changes in the past couple years. Less figures being produced, tiny cases & stores taking more pre-orders than they can fulfill. Hasbro needs to revert back to the way it was. These new changes are absolutely horrible. It's perfectly ok to go back to the old ways when you try out something new & it doesn't work. No shame in that.

Target's exclusive Thrust was packed 2 per case. That nonsense NEEDS TO STOP IMMEDIATELY! Thrust should've been packed at least 8 per case. Those are the kinds of new changes that don't work & need to be corrected immediately.

I don't think they can make it any more difficult to collect this crap. And if you look on Youtube, collectors from all of Hasbro's lines are going nuts. And also NECA collectors. And Master Of The Universe collectors. Mattel, Hasbro & NECA are driving all toy collectors insane. If it gets much worse collectors are going to start murdering each other over this crap. https://www.fox6now.com/news/fight-over-trading-cards-outside-brookfield-target
Re: Previously exclusive box sets found in independent Canadian online stores! (2105436)
Posted by william-james88 on May 24th, 2021 @ 1:02am CDT
Woah woah woah, skywarp and greenlight are not even close to this. Both those toys had a nice window and they were available for everyone online in northamerica (at least). Those who didn't get them are the ones who were either way too late or the ones that were waiting for a discount due to not wanting to pay the higher prices of a multipsck. I had a solid 2 months to order greenlight when she was available to ship but chose to wait for a discount that never came. That's on me.
With the conehead 2 pack, Amazon NEVER delivered them to many collectors who preordered them, including me.

This is not even close to the same thing.
Re: Previously exclusive box sets found in independent Canadian online stores! (2105439)
Posted by Nemesis Reformatted on May 24th, 2021 @ 6:37am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Woah woah woah, skywarp and greenlight are not even close to this. Both those toys had a nice window and they were available for everyone online in northamerica (at least). Those who didn't get them are the ones who were either way too late or the ones that were waiting for a discount due to not wanting to pay the higher prices of a multipsck. I had a solid 2 months to order greenlight when she was available to ship but chose to wait for a discount that never came. That's on me.
With the conehead 2 pack, Amazon NEVER delivered them to many collectors who preordered them, including me.

This is not even close to the same thing.




Skywarp & Greenlight are over $200 on ebay. So they need to be reissued. Obviously, there aren't enough to go around. It doesn't matter if they had a nice window to order. They sold out too fast compared to others like the Barricade/Punch set. What matters right now is anybody who wants one can't get one for a decent price.

We're not talking about Botcon exclusives that were only available at 1 convention on 1 weekend. You are all forgetting 1 little detail. These are specifically called "exclusives". Which means they are exclusive to 1 seller. Nowhere in the description does it say "LIMITED edition". You guys are treating these as limited editions but they are exclusives, there is a big difference. All it says is "AMAZON EXCLUSIVE". Which means they shouldn't be limited or totally under-produced like Botcon attendee exclusives. You are acting like there is some rule saying these can only be sold 1 time for 1 month. There is no such rule. Hasbro can produce as much as they want to fill the demand. Just like they did with Omega Supreme, Jetfire & Scorponok.

I watched a Youtube video recently & the guys at Mattel said that if Target sees the interest, they will keep ordering more (talking about Target's Keldor 2-pack) they are not limited. That's how it should be with all exclusives. When Amazon sold out of Skywarp & Greenlight but people still wanted them, they should have been able to simply order more. Again, these are NOT limited editions, they are only exclusives. So Amazon should be able to continue to order as many as needed.

Hasbro said that the Target Cobra Island GI Joe figures are NOT canceled or out of production. They are still in production. Hasbro specifically said they are still in production. So then why the hell can't Target get any more of Baroness or the 1st wave? It doesn't make any sense.

Skywarp, Greenlight, Dirge/Ramjet, Ratchet/Lifeline & Ironhide/Prowl need to be reissued. Or if they're not out of production, Amazon should be able to continue to order more to fulfill all the pre-orders they took. Any figure that shoots up to over $200 in a month or two needs to be reissued so everybody can get one for a decent price. Same as they did with Omega Supreme, Jetfire & Scorponok. Nobody should have to pay over $200 for a little $20 chunk of plastic.

Stop acting like "exclusive" is the same as "limited edition" because they're not! GI Joe Classified & Cobra Island are not "limited editions" either.

Hasbro said they are going to look into the Dirge/Ramjet situation. If they look into it & decide to make more, that means they can do the same thing with all the others. There is no rule or law that says these can only be produced 1 time, for 1 month & if you miss'em you're **** out of luck. Hasbro can get more out to us if they want to. As they have already proven with Omega Supreme, Jetfire, Scorponok, Earthrise Skywarp/Thundercracker & the Rainmakers.
Re: Previously exclusive box sets found in independent Canadian online stores! (2105443)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 24th, 2021 @ 7:38am CDT
Dude, exclusives have always been limited regardless of the venue. They don't make the same amount of exclusive items in a production run that they make for mass retail items. The words "exclusive" and "limited" are synonyms.

It's only been recently that Hasbro has ever taken to doing additional production runs of exclusive items, something that was virtually unheard of just a few years ago, and which has largely been done because of the pandemic ruining Hasbro's distribution, so they make more to get around that issue. But, that's not normal for exclusives and defeats the point of them being exclusive.

We're lucky to have gotten additional production runs on any of these limited items. I would have killed to see some older exclusives from years ago get this kind of additional production treatment, but that didn't happen because that's not how exclusives are supposed to be treated. The fact that any of them have gotten rereleased as such is a godsend for those specific ones that have.

You're entitled to your opinion, but every single one you make just reeks of an entitlement that Hasbro, Takara, or anyone else is not obligated to fulfill. Sure, they would absolutely like for you to own their products that your want to buy, but as the old saying goes, your can't always get what your want. Be thankful for the things that you are able to get, even if it there's more out there that eludes you.

There's lots of stuff out there that I've wanted for years and missed out on, but you don't see me making a scene over it in almost every post I make. Life's too short to get so bent out of shape over the distribution failings of little plastic men and women. Sure, it sucks sometimes, but it's not worth crying a river of entitlement over. We all play the same game you do. We all know the nature of the beast. You win some, you lose some. That's just how it goes, and ya gotta role with it. Adaptation is in the name of the brand, even. Transform and transcend.
Re: Previously exclusive box sets found in independent Canadian online stores! (2105448)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 24th, 2021 @ 8:18am CDT
There's also the simple fact that to do other production runs for these figures, they have reconfigure the production line to accommodate this. They don't simply press print. The Titans were probably reproduced in between shipments of the current Titan being made. Also, less figures produced? What are you talking about? It might have escaped your noticed but there was a global pandemic that messed everything up. Besides that, hasbro/Takara are making more figures then ever before.

Let's look:
G1 Retro Walmart Headmasters reissues
Transformers: Kingdom
Transformers Studio Series (including SS86)
Transformers: Netflix
Transformers Selects
Transformers Shattered Glass
Transformers Cyberverse
Transformers Authentics
Transformers Masterpiece*
Transformers Movie Masterpiece
Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee
Transformers BotBots
Transformers Takara Selects*
Transformers Premium Finish*

* = Takara led lines, same factory though. If I've missed any please feel free to add below
Re: Previously exclusive box sets found in independent Canadian online stores! (2105449)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 24th, 2021 @ 8:23am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:If I've missed any please feel free to add below
I think just RED.
Re: Previously exclusive box sets found in independent Canadian online stores! (2105450)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on May 24th, 2021 @ 8:29am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:If I've missed any please feel free to add below
I think just RED.


Maybe also the Prime 10th Anniversary releases? I don't think they technically fit into any of the other categories above.
Re: Previously exclusive box sets found in independent Canadian online stores! (2105453)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 24th, 2021 @ 8:57am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:If I've missed any please feel free to add below
I think just RED.

I keep forgetting about RED #-o
Re: Previously exclusive box sets found in independent Canadian online stores! (2105493)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on May 24th, 2021 @ 2:50pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:If I've missed any please feel free to add below
I think just RED.

I keep forgetting about RED #-o


Don’t worry, everyone else forgets about RED too! ;)
Re: Previously exclusive box sets found in independent Canadian online stores! (2105494)
Posted by Flashwave on May 24th, 2021 @ 2:57pm CDT
You're missing two HUGE points here:

[list=]
  • Hasbro does not sell direct through these retailers to us. They do not give a Rattrap's Fender about resale and secondhand marketing as long as it does not hurt their sales with THEIR DIRECT CUSTOMERS, the Retail Stores. See next
  • The Stores THEMSELVES purchase the stock from Hasbro. THEY set the Supply levels, based on what risk they feel they can take. Its a gamble: how many Sky Lynxes have we seen sitting ar Meijer? Every one of those is $80 that Meijer cannot access. Would you want to have $80,000 you cannot spend? No. So when it comes time for Rodimus Prime, are you going to order that many, because 7 months from now some people who did not get him are going to pay $140 for the toy on EBay? No, because you don't care. You care about recouping your $80 and the guy who scalped all those Rodimus Primes paid you for your product.]


    Now let'ts take Thrust. Ibthink we can all agree if Target commisioned another run from Hasbro, it would still sell, but where is the cieling? How many people still want a Thrust? 1,000? 10,000? If the Break-Even point for a Voyager is 15,000 units and you can only sell 12,500 you are upside down on 2,500. Whoops! What if your initial run was a lot closer to market capacity though, and your Vocal Demand is only 6K units? Your minimum run is 15,000, So you are going to eat 9,000 figures? Or do a Universe Side Burn where you are literally repainting old stock to resell it?

    Hasbro does not care. That's up to Target to decide if they want to throw the dice. And yeah, maybe sometimes Hasbro takes our pleas and goes to Target, or Amaxon, but what they are saying is "We really think if you buy abother run of our figures you will be able to sell them.

    Now, I am not saying Scalping is not wrong or should be allowed to run rampant, but I AM saying Business Capitalism is not designed to be merciful. You think this is bad, look at Model Train markets, where EVERYTHING is made based on a preset Pre Order. If you will ever want something, you had best pledge now to buy it. And I fully expect the rest of the economy is heading that way. MTO Automobiles, anyone? Don't laugh, its really *not* that illogical
  • Re: Previously exclusive box sets found in independent Canadian online stores! (2105498)
    Posted by AcademyofDrX on May 24th, 2021 @ 4:01pm CDT
    The pandemic didn't create exclusive retail logistical problems, but it certainly made things worse. It's not just Transformers, but also GI Joe and Star Wars. It's not just Hasbro, it's also Mattel and NECA and Lego. It's not just toys, it's also trading cards and other collectibles. It's not just nerd media, it's also electronics and sneakers and ....

    I'm not going to say it doesn't suck. I wish Hasbro and retailers knew exactly how much would sell, and everyone who wanted a toy could get exactly as many toys as they wanted, but that's not how it works. I wish scalpers didn't have as much success at locking out the market using bots and hitting the pavement, but they have.

    Hasbro might not care enough to reform the entire retail marketplace, but they're trying to do right by at least some fans through Pulse, which has quantity limits and basic bot detection. I know it's only in a handful of markets, but it's clear with the UK expansion that they want to reach more people. It's not great, but it could definitely be worse.
    Re: Previously exclusive box sets found in independent Canadian online stores! (2105516)
    Posted by william-james88 on May 24th, 2021 @ 7:30pm CDT
    The fact that it took months for greenlight to sell out from Amazon tells me Hasbro produced as much as they should have.

    Also if the argument is that Hasbro should reissue figures that sell a lot on the aftermarket, then they better reissue G1 Bmudgeon before greeight.
    Re: Previously exclusive box sets found in independent Canadian online stores! (2105519)
    Posted by Sowndwave76 on May 24th, 2021 @ 7:37pm CDT
    AcademyofDrX wrote:The pandemic didn't create exclusive retail logistical problems, but it certainly made things worse. It's not just Transformers, but also GI Joe and Star Wars. It's not just Hasbro, it's also Mattel and NECA and Lego. It's not just toys, it's also trading cards and other collectibles. It's not just nerd media, it's also electronics and sneakers and ....

    I'm not going to say it doesn't suck. I wish Hasbro and retailers knew exactly how much would sell, and everyone who wanted a toy could get exactly as many toys as they wanted, but that's not how it works. I wish scalpers didn't have as much success at locking out the market using bots and hitting the pavement, but they have.

    Hasbro might not care enough to reform the entire retail marketplace, but they're trying to do right by at least some fans through Pulse, which has quantity limits and basic bot detection. I know it's only in a handful of markets, but it's clear with the UK expansion that they want to reach more people. It's not great, but it could definitely be worse.


    Not sure about those other companies being affected, but definitely makes sense.
    I'd agree with all of this, and wanted to add that imo it really does say something that Hastak has tried to do some with Pulse to help people out.
    If the pandemic really did effect everything as much as we assume, then I also don't blame them for not trying to push more with Pulse-- maybe, just maybe things will get better once we're really clear of the pandemic.

    *Edit
    I will say that I agree with the thought that Hastak "Knows what's going on".
    It's not crazy to think that they have really accurate records on the sales of figures by character... Until we have facts that show otherwise, I wouldn't doubt at all if they adjust the production runs of figures based on this info.
    I just don't believe that all voyager class figures (or any figures of any class) are made at the exact same number. And I get why someone would think so; the allotted budget for a certain class has to be close to the same for each figure.
    But based on what they've figured out will sell well and what's more risky, with every figure added into the equation, it can be extremely substantial to match production with demand.
    Re: Previously exclusive box sets found in independent Canadian online stores! (2105522)
    Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 24th, 2021 @ 7:45pm CDT
    Nemesis Reformatted wrote:There is no way in hell that:

    #1. Hasbro doesn't know what's going on.

    #2. Hasbro can't make a ton more of all the exclusives so everybody can easily buy one & put a stop to scalping.

    #3. These figures have to have such a tiny window/time limit.

    #4. The only exclusive that has been mentioned so far is the Dirge/Ramjet pack but nobody told Hasbro about Siege Skywarp or Greenlight.

    And not only exclusives. I think it's completely ridiculous how titan Scorponok showed up for only about 1 month last year, sold out everywhere & immediately shot up to $200 or $300. Now I've been waiting a full year for more to be restocked. Let that sink in, 1 FULL YEAR! What a load of BS! I didn't pre-order him because I wanted to buy him closer to November or December. But you can no longer choose when you want to make a large purchase like that. Now if you don't pre-order immediately you don't get it. And some Targets had him IN STORES but none in my area, all the Targets near me are tiny stores. I wasted time hoping to find him in a store. Then I learned that none of the stores near me would be carrying it.

    This entire situation is F'in ridiculous! I have a Scorponok pre-ordered at BBTS, it says it's due in June. But I can't count on that. I'm expecting June to come & go & Scorponok won't show up. Because that's exactly what happened to my Quintesson Pit Of Judgement at HasbroPulse. They delayed it by 3 months. I won't be surprised if they delay it again.

    Hasbro made some horrible changes in the past couple years. Less figures being produced, tiny cases & stores taking more pre-orders than they can fulfill. Hasbro needs to revert back to the way it was. These new changes are absolutely horrible. It's perfectly ok to go back to the old ways when you try out something new & it doesn't work. No shame in that.

    Target's exclusive Thrust was packed 2 per case. That nonsense NEEDS TO STOP IMMEDIATELY! Thrust should've been packed at least 8 per case. Those are the kinds of new changes that don't work & need to be corrected immediately.

    I don't think they can make it any more difficult to collect this crap. And if you look on Youtube, collectors from all of Hasbro's lines are going nuts. And also NECA collectors. And Master Of The Universe collectors. Mattel, Hasbro & NECA are driving all toy collectors insane. If it gets much worse collectors are going to start murdering each other over this crap. https://www.fox6now.com/news/fight-over-trading-cards-outside-brookfield-target


    I've recently learned that toy companies do smaller runs of exclusives to ensure they sell out. If they make more they run the risk of the items sitting on the shelf and not selling, worse they become discounted and the toy company has to reimburse the retailer for the loss. They rather make their sales goals and "Leave money on the table" then take the chance on a loss.
    Re: Previously exclusive box sets found in independent Canadian online stores! (2105528)
    Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 24th, 2021 @ 8:05pm CDT
    william-james88 wrote:The fact that it took months for greenlight to sell out from Amazon tells me Hasbro produced as much as they should have.


    Make me regret not having bought two, keeping one sealed just in case. There's no way to know what Amazon sets will blow up on the aftermarket. The two Siege ones that are still available at Amazon (Sideswipe and that 3 pack with Mirage) that seems to never sell out are proof enough.

    Featured Products on Amazon.com

    Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
    Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
    Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
    Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
    Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
    Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
    Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
    Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
    Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
    Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe protectobot Groove" on AMAZON
    Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Deception Off Road Figure" on AMAZON
    Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
    Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #277 - Daring to Be Stupid
    Twincast / Podcast #277:
    "Daring to Be Stupid"
    MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
    Posted: Sunday, May 30th, 2021

    New Items on eBay

    Buy "Transformers Commemorative Series 9 Ricochet 2004 NO NIGHTSTICK TRU Excl EX Cond" on EBAY
    Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TURTLER / SNAPTRAP Takara TT-GS03 New in Box" on EBAY
    Buy "883975148751 KIDROBOT COBRE COMMANDER TRANSFORMERS VS. GI JOE COLLECTIBLE VINYL" on EBAY
    Buy "1987 Transformers G1 Vintage Headmaster Scorponok - Helmet for Lord Zarak" on EBAY
    Buy "FUNKO POP! G.I. JOE Vs Transformers Cobra Pin Set GAMESTOP Exclusive plus decal" on EBAY
    Buy "FUNKO POP! G.I. JOE Vs Transformers Cobra Keychain GAMESTOP Exclusive" on EBAY
    Buy "Transformers Generations Selects G2 Megatron, Netflix Hotlink Target Red Wing" on EBAY
    Buy "Transformers G1 Scorponok shield original" on EBAY