Price drop, sightings and specials in Australia

Price drop, sightings and specials in Australia

Tuesday, May 16th, 2017 4:01pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Burn   Views: 12,967

Forum member Qwan has sent along some interesting information regarding a potential drop in price of Transformers in Australia as well as sightings of new Warrior class RiD Combiner Force figures.

Qwan wrote:My local Big W appears to have, some time in the last two days, stocked on two cases of RiD Wave 2 Warriors. No Skywarp (though I'm not 100% certain he's in the wave?) and both Soundwaves had regular non-faceplated head molds.

However, on top of that it also seems that Big W has dropped the price on RiD Warriors down to 20AUD ($9 lower than it was just a week ago AFAIK). It's not a sale or special of any kind, the price tag simply now reads (and the figures scan at) $20 apiece - each of the other non-Big-W stores in my area still have them at $29 as well as only having previous waves.

No idea if this is a wave-based price change or if Big W has just randomly decided to drop the price and it coincidentally matched up with my local one getting new stock - either way, interesting. (Note that all 3 similar size/price classes are now different prices - RiD Warriors $20, Gen Deluxe $25, TLK Deluxe $29. Nothing for certain but that might have something to do with the change, maybe to differentiate the products better on the stocking end?)
Transformers News: Price drop, sightings and specials in Australia
Transformers News: Price drop, sightings and specials in Australia
Transformers News: Price drop, sightings and specials in Australia

While it's unsure on whether this price drop is permanent and only a Big W thing, what is certain is that from May 18, Target Australia is having a sale which includes some Transformers figures.

Tiny Titan Changers - $5 (no saving)
TLK Legion - $7 (no saving)
TLK Deluxe - $29 (save $5)
TLK Quick Changers - $17 (save $2)
TLK Knight Armor - $34 (save $5)

RiD One Step - $17 (save $2)
TR Legends - $17 (save $2)

And if saving money and finding new RiD figures isn't enough for you, then you might want to also keep an eye out for Wave 1 Voyagers from The Last Knight!
Thanks to Griffin and Krayt of OzFormers who have confirmed the arrival of Optimus Prime and Megatron at Toyworld and Toys R Us.

This article was last modified on Tuesday, May 16th, 2017 4:13pm CDT

Re: Price drop, sightings and specials in Australia (1882910)
Posted by Rainmaker on May 19th, 2017 @ 5:35pm CDT
Found Quake at Kmart
Found the voyagers at Toys R Us
:MAXIMAL:
Re: Price drop, sightings and specials in Australia (1882920)
Posted by WreckerJack on May 19th, 2017 @ 7:37pm CDT
Fellow Seibertronian, Rainmaker has provided us with this photo of The Last Knight Voyager Wave 1. These figures were seen at Toys R Us in Canberra. According to Rainmaker, they cost their usual price of about 50$.

If you are from Australia you can win a trip to LA for Transformers The Last Knight. Check out this article to find out how to win!

Re: Price drop, sightings and specials in Australia (1882929)
Posted by Qwan on May 19th, 2017 @ 8:21pm CDT
Rainmaker wrote:Found Quake at Kmart
Found the voyagers at Toys R Us
:MAXIMAL:

Wellllllp now I gotta go to Kmart too. Was it just Quake, or the rest of Wave 4 as well?
Re: Price drop, sightings and specials in Australia (1882934)
Posted by Rainmaker on May 19th, 2017 @ 8:55pm CDT
Just Quake.
:MAXIMAL:
Re: Price drop, sightings and specials in Australia (1882936)
Posted by Rainmaker on May 19th, 2017 @ 8:55pm CDT
Just Quake.
:MAXIMAL:
Re: Price drop, sightings and specials in Australia (1882960)
Posted by Burn on May 20th, 2017 @ 1:01am CDT
Krok and Roadburn have been spotted in other K-Marts as well.

The little Titan Masters themselves are marked down to $5 on clearance at K-Mart.
Re: Price drop, sightings and specials in Australia (1884672)
Posted by Rainmaker on May 27th, 2017 @ 4:39pm CDT
I found Bisk at Kmart
:MAXIMAL:
Re: Price drop, sightings and specials in Australia (1884763)
Posted by Qwan on May 28th, 2017 @ 5:03am CDT
Some bad-good-news today guys. I found a Quake in Kmart on my local rounds, but yet again, it was only Quake. (His package was really beat up, too! I wonder what distribution hell he's been through to get here, the only surviving member of his case...)

Also in potentially better news, my friend - who's not particularly knowledgeable on TFs, but eager to help me out - reports finding what she described as a "small blue one who turns into some sort of water thing?" at a Kmart in Armidale a few days ago. She didn't grab it at the time, and upon being shown images of TR Seaspray she's totally unsure if that's the one she saw (not the best memory, or confidence :P ); but if anyone's in the area, maybe it'd be worth a check?
EDIT: Okay, after much more deliberation ("It was like... a bit smaller than a calculator"), it seems like it might have been TR Scourge actually. False alarm, sorry guys!
Re: Price drop, sightings and specials in Australia (1885387)
Posted by william-james88 on May 31st, 2017 @ 1:01am CDT
A deal at Toysrus in Australia started today for movie toys. The flyer shows deals on the deluxes, Armour Knight Turbo Changers and Legion class figures. The deal makes the deluxe price a bit more bearable but the deal on the Legions is not bad at all. 3 for $20 is the equivalent to them coming out to $4.96 USD each. Of course, that assumes you want 3 of these to get that deal.

You can find the entire flyer here.

If you ever find any oys in stores, let the community know in the sightings section and the sightings forum!

Re: Price drop, sightings and specials in Australia (1887857)
Posted by Burn on June 7th, 2017 @ 11:18pm CDT
Re: Price drop, sightings and specials in Australia (1887861)
Posted by Qwan on June 7th, 2017 @ 11:38pm CDT

Yow that's a lot of money. Time for me to start looking into other options; even with the shipping costs, I get the feeling it'll be at most the same price to get it from TFSource or the like. :???:
Re: Price drop, sightings and specials in Australia (1887868)
Posted by Burn on June 8th, 2017 @ 12:53am CDT
Qwan wrote:

It's pretty much a given that he'll be part of their Toy Sale, so hopefully he comes down to something a little more reasonable.
Re: Price drop, sightings and specials in Australia (1887875)
Posted by Rainmaker on June 8th, 2017 @ 2:27am CDT

Wow...Myer had Fortress Maximus at $350...good thing I bought him on a sale

:MAXIMAL:
Re: Price drop, sightings and specials in Australia (1889554)
Posted by Burn on June 15th, 2017 @ 6:21am CDT
Has anyone else here made the mistake of buying through Premium Collectables?
Re: Price drop, sightings and specials in Australia (1889679)
Posted by Rainmaker on June 15th, 2017 @ 4:39pm CDT
Burn wrote:Has anyone else here made the mistake of buying through Premium Collectables?

I haven't bought through any online website like that, enlighten me on how it is a mistake.
:MAXIMAL:
Re: Price drop, sightings and specials in Australia (1889680)
Posted by Burn on June 15th, 2017 @ 4:54pm CDT
Rainmaker wrote:

:MAXIMAL:

Dodgy as all fuck. I'm STILL waiting on MP-36 Megatron. I have e-mailed them every week for the last month (as per their advice on their website) and received NO response at all. They pick and choose who they reply to on their Facebook page.

Ozformers have a rather large thread dedicated to their problems.

So if anyone is thinking of dealing with that website, DON'T!
Re: Price drop, sightings and specials in Australia (1889692)
Posted by Qwan on June 15th, 2017 @ 5:52pm CDT

I have, multiple times, and to be honest I'm still making that mistake intentionally. Yeah they tend toward being dodgy as all hell and I've been waiting on TR Megs and Sixshot since January, but their prices do save me a some money and they do tend to come through eventually. When it comes down to the choice between getting Sixshot 6+ months late and for $15 less than regular retail, or never seeing him at retail and having to pay hugely inflated prices on the aftermarket, I figure it's worth the stress and insane waiting to be able to actually get the toys at all.

(Not to mention they came through on my first order (UW Devy), if two months late, and even managed to get me a replacement wheel for Mixmaster who was missing one, for no extra cost. So that probably gives me at least some bias toward them, like a gambler who gets lucky on his first go.)

I definitely wouldn't recommend them to anyone (especially someone who has a better way of getting the figures they want), but the fact that I'm already caught in their trap plus the - theoretical - availability of items I probably wouldn't get otherwise has me near-permanently snared at this point. I've currently preordered Siege on Cybertron, Blitzwing, Octone, and Overlord from them; the peace-of-mind of knowing that I will get them eventually (since I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm definitely never gonna see SoC and Overlord in the wild, at least) plus the fact I'm saving about $50 overall is more-or-less worth the forever-long wait to me. :???:
Re: Price drop, sightings and specials in Australia (1891727)
Posted by Rainmaker on June 23rd, 2017 @ 6:01am CDT
The other Wave 5 4 (darn) deluxes have made it! Found them in Target
:MAXIMAL:
Re: Price drop, sightings and specials in Australia (1891743)
Posted by william-james88 on June 23rd, 2017 @ 8:15am CDT
Rainmaker wrote:The other Wave 5 deluxes have made it! Found them in Target
:MAXIMAL:

I cant see your image since its blocked at my work. Are they actually wave 5, like Windblade and TwinTwist, or are they wave 4 ? If its wave 5, it would be big news.
Re: Price drop, sightings and specials in Australia (1891744)
Posted by Kurona on June 23rd, 2017 @ 8:15am CDT
Rainmaker wrote:The other Wave 5 deluxes have made it! Found them in Target
:MAXIMAL:

I'm afraid that's Wave 4, friend - unless you linked the wrong image by mistake?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Timelines #3 Botcon 2008 Shattered Glass VF/NM" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Collaborative: Back to the Future Mash-Up Gigawatt" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Starscream 9" Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Robots i Disguise animated toy lot Bumblebee Fixit" on EBAY
Buy "Toy Factory TRANSFORMERS Bumblebee And Optimus Prime Plush" on EBAY