Transformers News: Price, Official Images and Artwork for Transformers Studio Series Voyager Thundercracker

Wednesday, March 7th, 2018 8:16PM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Qwan   Views: 16,497

Before we get into the images though, it's also been reported that Thundercracker scans at $29.99 at Toys R Us stores! This is the same price as other Studio Series Voyagers, so it appears that Thundercracker won't cost any extra despite being a store exclusive.

The first picture from Weibo shows Thundercracker's packaging art in full - tweaked from that of The Last Knight Nitro Zeus (Thundercracker's base for this toy) and sporting Thundercracker's head instead. The other two images depict the toy in its robot and vehicle modes, and give us our best look so far at what we might expect it to look like color-wise. Thundercracker sports paint detail heavily based on his Generation 1 appearance, though with a small amount of 'realistic' modification to better fit a more Movie-based aesthetic: a clear cockpit instead of yellow, more subtle Decepticon symbols on the wings, and so on. It even appears that the front-most sections of his wings in jet mode have been made gray to visually replicate the intakes on his G1 toy.

Check out the images below or in the gallery on Weibo, and let us know your thoughts too by posting about this news in the Energon Pub Forums!

Credit(s): User 淘宝店变形金刚改造工厂 on Weibo
Re: Price, Official Images and Artwork for Transformers Studio Series Voyager Thundercracker (1944619)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 7th, 2018 @ 8:29pm CST
I'm sold. I REALLY want this TC! :x
Re: Price, Official Images and Artwork for Transformers Studio Series Voyager Thundercracker (1944620)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 7th, 2018 @ 8:30pm CST
Question: does his head come off? :-D
Re: Price, Official Images and Artwork for Transformers Studio Series Voyager Thundercracker (1944621)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on March 7th, 2018 @ 8:36pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Question: does his head come off? :-D

My best guess is yes. I believe you can see the very front of the square titan master port right below his chin. Looks to be the same as on Nitro Zues to me. I can't imagine that they would somehow fix it in place as it would cost more than simply making an extra detachable head.
Re: Price, Official Images and Artwork for Transformers Studio Series Voyager Thundercracker (1944623)
Posted by william-james88 on March 7th, 2018 @ 8:53pm CST
Brazil had their own toy fair, ABRIN 2018, last week-end and the big highlight was the Transformers Studio Series line. They had all of wave one but also the two voyagers from wave two: Brawl and Megatron. This gives us the best idea of scale yet with Megatron towering over Optimus Prime. It is a combination of Megatron being bigger than a usual voyager and Optimus being much smaller than the usual voyager. Their difference in scale is accurate to their bios but will of course differ from specific scenes. We do see that the deco for Megatron will be grey plastic instead of silver paint, which is similar to the finished toy image we saw earlier today.

These will be coming out in Brazil in April and the prices will vary from R$ 149,99 to R$ 299,99 there. These images come from Transformers Dioramas.

Re: Price, Official Images and Artwork for Transformers Studio Series Voyager Thundercracker (1944625)
Posted by william-james88 on March 7th, 2018 @ 9:13pm CST
Amazon.com has some new images of the Transformers Studio Series deluxes coming out in wave two. More precisely deluxe Lockdown and Jazz. We saw Takara's stock images earlier today and now we see Hasbro's. It's the same toys of course but the Hasbro photos are slightly mistranformed, like Jazz' chest. These are still the best images yet of these toys and they give us an idea of the final deco. They will retail for around $19.99 and be available at major retailers this summer. For those wondering, this wave will also include a repack of wave one Bumblebee and Stinger.

Re: Price, Official Images and Artwork for Transformers Studio Series Voyager Thundercracker (1944628)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 7th, 2018 @ 9:18pm CST
Megatron is kinda ultra class, like that "upscaled cyberverse" voyager Predaking from Beast Hunters. This please me greatly! That Megs will definitely replace the ROTF "Green Burger" in my voyager Movie Megatron display. :APPLAUSE:
Re: Price, Official Images and Artwork for Transformers Studio Series Voyager Thundercracker (1944629)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on March 7th, 2018 @ 9:22pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

Holy moly. I know Megatron's supposed to be a bit taller than Prime and scale always fluctuates a bit, but I think that might be a little too much size difference.
Re: Price, Official Images and Artwork for Transformers Studio Series Voyager Thundercracker (1944631)
Posted by LevelRage on March 7th, 2018 @ 9:40pm CST
Wasn't going to pick up Megatron originally but seeing how he's almost as tall as Grimlock, I might go for him. Could even replace TLK leader Megs on my shelf if he's tall enough.
Re: Price, Official Images and Artwork for Transformers Studio Series Voyager Thundercracker (1944632)
Posted by Emerje on March 7th, 2018 @ 9:43pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

We got an idea of the scale last month, but considering how Megatron compares to Grimlock in the first pic above I have to guess that Megatron should be a little taller than Starscream and Blackout (his head anyway). We thought Grimlock was a tall Leader, but he might actually be a normal leader and Blackout is a short Leader to make the scale work. That would then make Starscream a normal Voyager, Megatron a tall Voyager, and Prime a short Voyager. It's very interesting, but it also makes me wonder how simple Megatron is to make up for his added height.

Emerje
Re: Price, Official Images and Artwork for Transformers Studio Series Voyager Thundercracker (1944633)
Posted by SureShot18 on March 7th, 2018 @ 9:45pm CST
Ah crap it looks like Megatron is just gonna be in that flat gray for the final release. I might just keep my Movie the Best version then.
Re: Price, Official Images and Artwork for Transformers Studio Series Voyager Thundercracker (1944635)
Posted by Spider5800 on March 7th, 2018 @ 9:49pm CST
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Actually, I think that might be accurate. Hard to tell in the movies (they're never standing still next to each other, and the animators admitted to making OP look bigger than he should in certain scenes like the forest fight in RotF), but in all the promo materials and stuff like the movie video games, Megs is always shown to be significantly bigger.

Why do they have Jazz holding his gun upside down?

Edit: And why are Brawl's arms reversed?

Re: Price, Official Images and Artwork for Transformers Studio Series Voyager Thundercracker (1944637)
Posted by Overcracker on March 7th, 2018 @ 10:17pm CST
Well, Grimlock is pretty large.

Megs is kind of disappointing overall.

Must have that Jazz now. Though he'll need some paint on those rims. With all the other paint and the lavish silver Solstice mold, the black rims just don't work. Also, why oh why is his chest mistransformed in the stock photos, but correct in the group shot.

Prime, just.... Need to convince myself I don't need another prime, and not one that small, and with such an ugly chest.
Re: Price, Official Images and Artwork for Transformers Studio Series Voyager Thundercracker (1944638)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 7th, 2018 @ 10:17pm CST
Spider5800 wrote:Edit: And why are Brawl's arms reversed?

They're not: the claw and blaster are on 5mm pegs and detach. They're used as handheld weapons in the display.
Re: Price, Official Images and Artwork for Transformers Studio Series Voyager Thundercracker (1944639)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 7th, 2018 @ 10:19pm CST
Re: Price, Official Images and Artwork for Transformers Studio Series Voyager Thundercracker (1944640)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 7th, 2018 @ 10:21pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Megatron's legs might be mistransformed in an extended manner to give him extra height in that pic.

That may be so. But he's defenitely BEEFIER and larger than Prime.

Prime is ugly asfak BTW.
Re: Price, Official Images and Artwork for Transformers Studio Series Voyager Thundercracker (1944641)
Posted by william-james88 on March 7th, 2018 @ 10:27pm CST
Overcracker wrote: Need to convince myself I don't need another prime, and not one that small, and with such an ugly chest.

You are doing a pretty good job convincing me.
Re: Price, Official Images and Artwork for Transformers Studio Series Voyager Thundercracker (1944642)
Posted by Overcracker on March 7th, 2018 @ 10:29pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

You are doing a pretty good job convincing me.

:lol: Just need to keep telling myself that.
Re: Price, Official Images and Artwork for Transformers Studio Series Voyager Thundercracker (1944644)
Posted by Spider5800 on March 7th, 2018 @ 10:47pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Spider5800 wrote:Edit: And why are Brawl's arms reversed?

Ah, OK. Thought I had seen it with the weapons on the correct arms in other shots, so that makes more sense then them somehow mistransforming his arms backwards, LOL. Must just peg into the top of the tank mode when he transforms. Not really digging it, but then I already have the deluxe and leader from the first movie line, so I didn't really need him anyway.

That Megatron looks good, wasn't really planing on grabbing him either but now I might wait and see once someone can compare him to some of the older Meg voyagers. Same with Lockdown, who looks to be a huge improvement over the original.
Re: Price, Official Images and Artwork for Transformers Studio Series Voyager Thundercracker (1944645)
Posted by Qwan on March 7th, 2018 @ 10:47pm CST
Megatron appeals to the neurotic collector that I hate in me, for exactly one reason: At that point I'll have three nicely-matched pairs of Voyagerish scale Movie OP and Megs. Ultimate Prime's inner robot and SS Megs for original-trilogy look, Evasion Prime and DotM Megs as broken-down junkers, and TLK guys for the new-"trilogy" aesthetic. Literally nothing else about the toy or character appeals to me, but the fact that this single aspect alone is enough to entice me, tells me I maybe need to work on my willpower.

Thundercracker meanwhile, I honestly couldn't say whether I like the look of him or not. The colors in renders look really nice and if his head can be removed he might make a good Genericon with like Overboard or someone for the head, but the problem is it's impossible to tell the toy's actual final colors yet and I'm worried they're really dark and drab. Additionally I'm really not a fan of the Movie Starscream/Seeker head and it just doesn't look right to me on this body either. All that said, I'm sure if he manages to make his way down here somehow, I'll snap him up immediately - it's more a question of whether I'll regret doing so later or not :lol:
Re: Price, Official Images and Artwork for Transformers Studio Series Voyager Thundercracker (1944650)
Posted by Rysquad on March 7th, 2018 @ 11:25pm CST
Qwan wrote:It's not long ago at all that the exclusive Studio Series Thundercracker made his debut at US Toys R Us stores, and now we have official images of the very same 'bot from Weibo user 淘宝店变形金刚改造工厂.

Here's the tag.

Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #207 - Through The Fargate
"Through The Fargate"
Posted: Sunday, September 9th, 2018
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon

Buy "TRANSFORMERS Dark Of The Moon DOTM Movie Leader Class IRONHIDE Sealed New RARE!" on EBAY
Buy "JADA 98499 TRANSFORMERS CROSSHAIRS THE LAST KNIGHT 2016 CHEVROLET STINGRAY 1/24" on EBAY
Buy "1988 G1 TRANSFORMERS ULTRA PRETENDER ROADBLOCK 100% COMPLETE ROBOT W/ TECH SPECS" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe BRUTICUS SET LOT Fall of Cybertron All New Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Legends Wingspan Cloudraker Complete Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Gutto-Kuru Transformers Masterforce Minerva / Minelba figure. Quite rare!" on EBAY
Buy "2017 Transformers Power Of the Primes Dreadwind Sealed MISB MIB BOX" on EBAY
Buy "2017 Transformers Power Of the Primes Dinobot Slug Sealed MISB MIB BOX" on EBAY