Prime 1 Studios MMTFM-03 Starscream - First Colour Images

Prime 1 Studios MMTFM-03 Starscream - First Colour Images

Thursday, April 24th, 2014 8:59am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 24,719

We've seen what Prime 1 Studio are capable of with their MMTFM-01 Megatron and MMTFM-02 DOTM Optimus Prime Transformers statues in the past. We now have a good, colour look at the next product in the line: MMTFM-03 Starscream, in his Revenge of the Fallen incarnation! Check out the images below, taken by Italian action figure website Itakon from a Chinese preview magazine.

Transformers News: Prime 1 Studios MMTFM-03 Starscream - First Colour Images

Transformers News: Prime 1 Studios MMTFM-03 Starscream - First Colour Images

Transformers News: Prime 1 Studios MMTFM-03 Starscream - First Colour Images

Credit(s): Itakon.it

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Prime 1 Studios MMTFM-03 Starscream - First Colour Images (1568247)
Posted by megatronus on April 24th, 2014 @ 10:17am CDT
=P~

I'll take "Things I Can't Afford" for $2000, Alex.
Re: Prime 1 Studios MMTFM-03 Starscream - First Colour Images (1568275)
Posted by ILL-Star on April 24th, 2014 @ 11:20am CDT
I would love to own this and the ROTF Megatron one. However I am currently sane enough to not go and spend $1000+ on these things.

I kind of wish I wasn't. :-$
Re: Prime 1 Studios MMTFM-03 Starscream - First Colour Images (1568278)
Posted by Siger on April 24th, 2014 @ 11:33am CDT
This may be a good looking robot, but it'll never be Starscream for me.
Re: Prime 1 Studios MMTFM-03 Starscream - First Colour Images (1568280)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 24th, 2014 @ 11:38am CDT
That headsculpt looks killer! Shame I can't afford the two grand to own it.
Re: Prime 1 Studios MMTFM-03 Starscream - First Colour Images (1568339)
Posted by s1ck3nd on April 24th, 2014 @ 1:58pm CDT
Never was a fan of Bay'Scream...., but hell that is a sexy statue. :APPLAUSE:
Re: Prime 1 Studios MMTFM-03 Starscream - First Colour Images (1568345)
Posted by TFU2014 on April 24th, 2014 @ 2:09pm CDT
It's....It's BEAUTIFUL!!!! It brings a tear to my eye :BOWDOWN: :sad: :BOT: :CON:
Re: Prime 1 Studios MMTFM-03 Starscream - First Colour Images (1568489)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on April 24th, 2014 @ 8:52pm CDT
At that price, I think I'll stick to my HFTD leader class Starscream.
Re: Prime 1 Studios MMTFM-03 Starscream - First Colour Images (1585922)
Posted by El Duque on June 26th, 2014 @ 10:26am CDT
We have a couple of updates from Prime 1 Studios to share this morning on their Museum Masterpiece line. First we have the full reveal of the their MMTFM-03 Starscream. The piece stands 26 inches and boast a laundry list of special features and accessories (see below). This impressive piece is only for the most dedicated movie franchise fans with a retail price of just over $1700.00

They have also revealed PBTFM-03: Starscream in their Premium Bust Collection. This piece is compatible with the aforementioned MMTFM-03 Starscream, and features an alternate "scream" expression, or it can stand alone.

Check out the images mirrored below:

MMTFM-03 Starscream (Transformers 2007)

- Features list:

Size: 26inch

Accessories include:

- One (1) Switchable Weapon Arm
- One (1) Switchable Pointing Arm
- One (1) Switchable Regular Arm
- One (1) Missile Cluster

- LED light up function on Jet Thrusters and Head

Exclusive version include:

- One (1) Saw-Blade

Japan Exclusive Edition size: 50pc
Worldwide Edtion size: TBA

Retail price: 174,900Yen (JPY)

- Production sample shown, final product may be slightly different.
- Product details could be subjected to change without further notice.

Prime 1 Studio is proud to present Premium Bust Collection PBTFM-03: Starscream (Scream version) Head compatible with MMTFM-03 which is sold separately.

Please note: PBTFM-03 Starscream (Standard Version) will be available for purchase also please stay tuned.

Re: Prime 1 Studios MMTFM-03 Starscream - First Colour Images (1586047)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 26th, 2014 @ 6:30pm CDT
I'm a real Starscream fanboy with almost every versions of him. I would REALLY want that statue. Unfortunately, I'm not a rich Starscream fanboy. So, the good old ROTF Leader mold will have to do.
Re: Prime 1 Studios MMTFM-03 Starscream - First Colour Images (1586083)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on June 26th, 2014 @ 9:05pm CDT
I love it, and I like the fact this movie characters are coming from different hands like Prime 1 studios, despite the fact some people said only G1 got the attention. 8)
Re: Prime 1 Studios MMTFM-03 Starscream - First Colour Images (1586106)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on June 26th, 2014 @ 11:38pm CDT
Re: Prime 1 Studios MMTFM-03 Starscream - First Colour Images (1586141)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 27th, 2014 @ 2:25am CDT
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:Frankly, you could commission a customizer to make something similar out of leader class Starscream at a fraction of the price. And he'll also be fully articulated, and probably still be able to transform as well.

Except no toys is 100% movie accurate. These statues ARE articulated (I think) and are made of some premium material.
What you said is basically "we could spray paint that toy gold to make it feel like a Lucky Draw" or " why not making copies of them MTG cards, they'll play just fine." Sure, your way may give a "similar" result, but it will never be the genuine, perfect thing.

To be honest, even if I'd had the 2000$ to spend on it, I would not buy it. I had my Statue Phase before and when I got my cats, they smashed ALL of them. The only survivor I sold on Ebay and end up losing money because the fawking thing broke on the way. So, that's around 1000$ down the drain. Never again. A statue is not much interactive and it fragile as hell. WAAAAAYYYYYY too fragile. And a 2000$ statue? Noooooope. Only if I would be a millionaire.
Re: Prime 1 Studios MMTFM-03 Starscream - First Colour Images (1586144)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on June 27th, 2014 @ 2:55am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Good point.

But if you're willing to sacrifice transform-ability, a good customizer can mod and add the necessary parts and give you a 100% screen-accurate figure of Starscream. Leader class toys are generally already close enough to the CGI model that it's possible to add 3D-printed parts to achieve near-perfect accuracy at the cost of the ability to transform.

Repainting something isn't so much customizing as it is simply repainting. :D

And no, I don't think these things are all that articulated--at most, you can move the arms and head. I mean, there's a reason they're called statues.

BTW, your cats "smashed" your statues?! Them kitties must really hate those statues. :shock:
Re: Prime 1 Studios MMTFM-03 Starscream - First Colour Images (1586145)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 27th, 2014 @ 3:06am CDT
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Good point.

Repainting something isn't so much customizing as it is simply repainting. :D

Right now, I have 3 cats and they somehow know not to mess with any of my TFs on display... Or maybe they dont because the toys are not fragile enough. :lol:
Re: Prime 1 Studios MMTFM-03 Starscream - First Colour Images (1586148)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on June 27th, 2014 @ 3:36am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Oh yeah, forgot about how some untransformable customs are just crazy looking. Still, I much, MUCH prefer to transform my TFs, pixel-perfect accuracy be damned.

I agree. There's really nothing quite like a transformable figure. But that's not to say that I don't appreciate TF model kits. I've got both DOTM DMK kits, and while I haven't completed them, they look like they'll make really awesome display pieces. Revoltech Bee makes a really cool desktop fig.

But at least the Revo's and model kits are articulated. Can't really justify the prices of those statues, though.

-Kanrabat- wrote:As for cat behavior.... Siiiiiiiiiiighhhhhhhhhhhhh........ Some cat can throw things on the ground just to grab your attention. You're sleeping on the couch and it's feeding time? CRASH! Wake up sucker! Then, there's the good old cat curiosity. It's a big statue and the cat "stand up" and rest it's heavy, heavy paw on that statue hand... crack! That 400$ statue is now worthless.

My neighbor's cat used to come to my house all the time, and she can be the sweetest little thing you ever saw...until she gets on a shelf. Fortunately, the door to my display room is always closed, and even she couldn't charm her way inside. :lol:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "Grimlock, 2016 McDonald's From Transformers 7, Hasbro, Dino Dinosaur" on EBAY
Buy "Marvel TRANSFORMERS #36 (1988) 1st Sky Lynx Twin Twist & Sandstorm Appearance" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Chromia Action Figure - E3539AS00 war for cybertron series" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Twinferno and Daburu" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro Titans Return Perceptor & Convex" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro Titans Return Blaster and Rewind" on EBAY
Buy "TWINFERNO & DABURU Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class Incomplete" on EBAY