Transformers News: Product descriptions & transparent renders of the new STUDIO SERIES reveals at Canada Fan Expo 2019

Friday, August 23rd, 2019 2:13PM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: notirishman   Views: 19,351

Canada Fan Expo 2019 was today, and with that, we have had some spicy new Studio Series reveals. Well, after seeing Hasbro's stock renders, we also have the new toys' product descriptions! These talk about height, accessories, features, and the like! So check out the transparent stock renders as well as the product descriptions below and tell us your thoughts in the Pub forums below.

TRANSFORMERS: STUDIO SERIES LEADER CLASS CONSTRUCTICON SCAVENGER

(Ages 8 years and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $49.99 / Available: 01/01/2020)

The Studio Series 55 Leader Class CONSTRUCTICON SCAVENGER figure is 8.5 inches tall, features vivid, movie-inspired deco and converts from robot to excavator mode in 25 steps. Use the removable backdrop to showcase CONSTRUCTICON SCAVENGER in the Pyramid Desert Battle scene from TRANSFORMERS: Revenge of the Fallen, where he combines with his comrades to form CONSTRUCTICON DEVASTATOR. The Studio Series 55 Leader Class CONSTRUCTICON SCAVENGER figure is highly articulated for poses.

Reach past the big screen and build the ultimate TRANSFORMERS collection with Studio Series figures (each sold separately), inspired by iconic movie scenes and designed with specs and details to reflect the TRANSFORMERS movie universe. Available at HasbroPulse.com and other major retailers on 01/01/2020.

TRANSFORMERS: STUDIO SERIES LEADER CLASS SHOCKWAVE

(Ages 8 years and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $49.99 / Available: 01/01/2020)

The Studio Series 56 Leader Class SHOCKWAVE figure is 8.5 inches tall, features vivid, movie-inspired deco and converts from robot to cannon mode in 17 steps. Use the removable backdrop to showcase SHOCKWAVE in the Battle of Chicago scene from TRANSFORMERS: Dark of the Moon, where SHOCKWAVE and his DRILLER launch an all-out assault on the city. The Studio Series 56 Leader Class SHOCKWAVE figure is highly articulated for poses and comes with 4 detailed accessories. Includes two small character figures, a sword, and a paratrooper figure with a parachute.

TRANSFORMERS: STUDIO SERIES VOYAGER CLASS MEGATRON

(Ages 8 years and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $29.99 / Available: 01/01/2020)

The Studio Series 54 Voyager Class MEGATRON figure is 6.5 inches tall, features vivid, movie-inspired deco and converts from robot to Cybertronian jet mode in 21 steps. Use the removable backdrop to showcase MEGATRON in the Mission City Battle scene from TRANSFORMERS, where MEGATRON clashes with OPTIMUS PRIME in a city-shattering fight before chasing down Sam and the Allspark in a nearby abandoned building. The Studio Series 54 Voyager Class MEGATRON figure is highly articulated for poses.

TRANSFORMERS: STUDIO SERIES VOYAGER CLASS CONSTRUCTICON MIXMASTER

(Ages 8 years and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $29.99 / Available: 01/01/2020)

The Studio Series 53 Voyager Class MIXMASTER figure is 6.5 inches tall, features vivid, movie-inspired deco and converts from robot to cement mixer truck mode in 21 steps. Use the removable backdrop to showcase CONSTRUCTICON MIXMASTER in in the Pyramid Desert Battle scene from TRANSFORMERS: Revenge of the Fallen, where he combines with his comrades to form CONSTRUCTICON DEVASTATOR. The Studio Series 53 Voyager Class CONSTRUCTICON MIXMASTER figure is highly articulated for poses.

Re: Product descriptions & transparent renders of the new STUDIO SERIES reveals at Canada Fan Expo 2019 (2035451)
Posted by william-james88 on August 23rd, 2019 @ 2:46pm CDT
This is so weird, I was sure Shockwave would be released as a leader since he would be a voyager coming with that drill worm thing. But its just shockwave. I never took him to being as big as the other leaders. Plus that alt mode looks like ass. He's probably one of the only ones I will be skipping on.

Really want to see that giant Devy head mixmaster is hiding.
Re: Product descriptions & transparent renders of the new STUDIO SERIES reveals at Canada Fan Expo 2019 (2035452)
Posted by Rtron on August 23rd, 2019 @ 2:53pm CDT
Honestly I'm a bit disappointed that the 2007 Megatron is just a remold of ROTF Megatron. And if the height in the description is correct, wouldn't he be shorter than Starscream? That would be quite out of scale.

Also concerned we won't be getting Frenzy.
Re: Product descriptions & transparent renders of the new STUDIO SERIES reveals at Canada Fan Expo 2019 (2035453)
Posted by I_AM... MEGATRON! on August 23rd, 2019 @ 2:53pm CDT
Re: Product descriptions & transparent renders of the new STUDIO SERIES reveals at Canada Fan Expo 2019 (2035455)
Posted by Bucky on August 23rd, 2019 @ 3:01pm CDT
I have some very mixed feelings about these reveals. I’m surprised and impressed by Scavenger. I never got to handle his first RotF toy, so this new one should be a nice treat. It helps that he looks like an improvement.

I’m delighted to see that we’re getting a new movie Shockwave, and with so many minifigs!!

Being such a massive fan of Mixmaster’s old voyager toy, I’m pretty disappointed by what I’m looking at here. But i’ll just have to keep in mind that he’s part of a much larger Combiner. He’s just not what I was expecting. I’ll wait for some in hand images, and see if he grows on me.

As for that Megatron, I’m left feeling pretty underwhelmed. He looks like such a step down after his first two (three) entries in the SS line. I fully admit that I had very negative views on Dark of the Moon Megatron, until I gambled and bought him. I was very, very happy to be so wrong about him. Turns out it was an amazing figure, and I’m glad I took a chance on it. RotF Megatron looks very simple and unadorned to me. Hopefully I turn out to be wrong again.
Re: Product descriptions & transparent renders of the new STUDIO SERIES reveals at Canada Fan Expo 2019 (2035457)
Posted by YRQRM0 on August 23rd, 2019 @ 3:21pm CDT
I wasn't looking forward to a new Shockwave, but the in-person pics of him look pretty good, I might be convinced in person.

Super excited for the constructicons, though Mixmaster looks kinda weak again imo. Doesn't seem like he'll have the cannon mode that the OG had, and still looks like he might fall over a lot. He was even knocked over in the display case. I guess it's a hard design to pull off in general, let alone with hidden Devy head. I hope he's got the Devastator head and there's no partsforming with Devastator. Wouldn't it be interesting though if the third torso figure had the head and no bot mode?
Re: Product descriptions & transparent renders of the new STUDIO SERIES reveals at Canada Fan Expo 2019 (2035458)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on August 23rd, 2019 @ 3:25pm CDT
55F8D05D-3F79-4443-A5BE-D3AF8D325B73.jpeg

I also think I found out what it is I like so much about the 07 Megatron - the head sculpt. Something about the MPM head sculpt looks off to me, but the SS one looks perfect.
Re: Product descriptions & transparent renders of the new STUDIO SERIES reveals at Canada Fan Expo 2019 (2035459)
Posted by RiddlerJ on August 23rd, 2019 @ 3:26pm CDT
WHEN ARE WE GETTING THE DRILLER!? (scale be damned)
Re: Product descriptions & transparent renders of the new STUDIO SERIES reveals at Canada Fan Expo 2019 (2035461)
Posted by william-james88 on August 23rd, 2019 @ 3:28pm CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote: so he totally is a remold.

Obviously.
Re: Product descriptions & transparent renders of the new STUDIO SERIES reveals at Canada Fan Expo 2019 (2035463)
Posted by Randomhero on August 23rd, 2019 @ 3:55pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote: so he totally is a remold.

Obviously.
Re: Product descriptions & transparent renders of the new STUDIO SERIES reveals at Canada Fan Expo 2019 (2035465)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on August 23rd, 2019 @ 4:06pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote: so he totally is a remold.

Obviously.

42940933-B2EE-4123-ADF0-AE27F31F1026.jpeg
Re: Product descriptions & transparent renders of the new STUDIO SERIES reveals at Canada Fan Expo 2019 (2035466)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 23rd, 2019 @ 4:32pm CDT
Meh, it's not like Shockwave ever actually transformed onscreen in the movie, so they can just make up whatever altmode they want him to have.
Re: Product descriptions & transparent renders of the new STUDIO SERIES reveals at Canada Fan Expo 2019 (2035468)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on August 23rd, 2019 @ 4:48pm CDT
The paratrooper looks to be microman sized but probably not articulated. The parachute clips look to be from the GI Joe retaliation Cobra trooper that came with a parachute.
Re: Product descriptions & transparent renders of the new STUDIO SERIES reveals at Canada Fan Expo 2019 (2035469)
Posted by o.supreme on August 23rd, 2019 @ 5:00pm CDT
I_AM... MEGATRON! wrote:Shouldn't 07 Megs be a leader? I distinctly remember him towering over Prime in the first movie...

I agree. although *logically* Megatron should be the same size in Robot mode in all 3 films, the constant vehicle rescans I guess make this hard. I would think he would definitely have been Leader Class size in the first film and Voyager size in movies 2 & 3 (that DotM tuck ain't that big, despite what others claim...), but I guess that's why I'm not a SS collector, I like seeing them, but don't purchase any.

I wonder how long before we see a repaint of Scavenger as Demolishor. Probably when they make Grindor from Blackout, and....and now I'm confused....

They rename *some* Decepticons that have the same body type, but for Rampage there's Red Rampage (killed by BB, but that's the toy that is out now...), and Yellow Rampage, that was actually part of Devastator in the RotF film... :???: 8-}

Oh and so it's not all negativity, I like the little Wheelie & Brains figures that come with Shockwave. Nice way to release them
Re: Product descriptions & transparent renders of the new STUDIO SERIES reveals at Canada Fan Expo 2019 (2035471)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on August 23rd, 2019 @ 5:11pm CDT
Decepticon Stryker wrote:I like what I see here. Do Scavenger's treads fold up into wheels like the original, or are the wheels hidden in vehicle mode?

Maybe you've answered your own question already, but it looks very much like the wheels are hidden in the alt mode. Look under/behind the scoop arm in alt mode in the high-quality pics, that looks like the robot mode wheel.

Still love this guy, looks great.
Re: Product descriptions & transparent renders of the new STUDIO SERIES reveals at Canada Fan Expo 2019 (2035474)
Posted by Ig89ninja on August 23rd, 2019 @ 5:22pm CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:Found an image of SS Shockwave, if you look at the upper leg you can see the same thruster parts from SS ROTF Megatron, so he totally is a remold. The paint scheme also looks really good, much better than the render.
55F8D05D-3F79-4443-A5BE-D3AF8D325B73.jpeg

I can’t help but notice that there is a Scavenger on display in the background, did the image source have pictures of him as well?
Re: Product descriptions & transparent renders of the new STUDIO SERIES reveals at Canada Fan Expo 2019 (2035477)
Posted by william-james88 on August 23rd, 2019 @ 5:52pm CDT
Thanks to posts on Instagram, we have images of the newly revealed toys on display at Fan Expo Canada. We can get a better look at Shockwave, Mixmaster, the firs movie Megatron and others. We get a really good look at the alt mode of the later, which looks well painted. Though these are samples so the final product may not have that paint (which has happened before). The chest for Megatron seems identical to the ROTF toy. These can all be preordered right now at the online collectables store of your choice.

Check the images below and tell us what you think!

Re: Product descriptions & transparent renders of the new STUDIO SERIES reveals at Canada Fan Expo 2019 (2035478)
Posted by william-james88 on August 23rd, 2019 @ 6:08pm CDT
DecepticonFinishline wrote:So.... Megatron is the last of the '07 Transformers, but he does not come with Frenzy. Soooooo.... No Frenzy?

Not to sound ungrateful. All of these look amazing. I would just consider Frenzy way more important than Igor or Scorponok. Same for Scalpel for that matter.

Wait till a exclusive barricade and bumblebee two pack with frenzy.

Archforce wrote:These look great, but I continue to lose hope that Sideways will be getting a new fig. Guess Audi must be pretty difficult when it comes to licensing, considering we got only an approximation of the R8 for RotF.

Did Sideways ever turn into a robot in the film?
Re: Product descriptions & transparent renders of the new STUDIO SERIES reveals at Canada Fan Expo 2019 (2035479)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on August 23rd, 2019 @ 6:09pm CDT
So megs is totally hollow like tank megs huh? glad I ducked out on his pre-order on the last second thinking he might be, fool me once and all >:oP

Waiting for mixmaster to show up on pulse so I can nab him =P~
Re: Product descriptions & transparent renders of the new STUDIO SERIES reveals at Canada Fan Expo 2019 (2035480)
Posted by GrangerPerry on August 23rd, 2019 @ 6:11pm CDT
That new Megatron is insane! Somehow I’m more impressed with him than the MPM. I can pretty much see where all the parts go but that’s still some airplane magic happening over there. Never been into collecting movie figures but this might be my first. I just wish there was an SS 07 Optimus with better paint than we’ve gotten so far
Re: Product descriptions & transparent renders of the new STUDIO SERIES reveals at Canada Fan Expo 2019 (2035481)
Posted by william-james88 on August 23rd, 2019 @ 6:11pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:So megs is totally hollow like tank megs huh?

yeah, but that didnt really bug me with the toy in hand

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #230 - The Search for Convoy
"The Search for Convoy"
Posted: Sunday, September 15th, 2019

Buy "TRANSFORMERS MEGATRON Dark Of The Moon DOTM Cyberverse Commander Class Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Legion Arcee 100% Complete RID Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Commander Bulkhead 100% Complete RID Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Cyberverse Commander Guzzle Complete DotM Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Wheeljack 100% Complete Hasbro 2010" on EBAY
Buy "2014 Transformers Generations 30th NIGHTBEAT IDW Comic series MIB" on EBAY
Buy "PLAYSKOOL HEROES TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS "HIGH TIDE" 3 1/2" ACTION FIGURE" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS CYBERVERSE ENERGON AXE ATTACK OPTIMUS PRIME & FUSION MACE MEGATRON" on EBAY