Protoform Optimus Prime and Starscream Galleries Now Online!

Protoform Optimus Prime and Starscream Galleries Now Online!

Friday, February 9th, 2007 7:06pm CST

Categories: Site News, Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Down_Shift   Views: 20,528

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Seibertron has done it again! Hot off his latest gallery of Titanium (RID)Opriums Prime, Ryan brings us over 250 very detailed pictures of two of the most original designs since Beast Wars. Optimus Prime is brought to life for the first time in his "Protoform" entry mode, featuring designs based on the up coming Transformers Movie, while Starscream also gets the dress down treatment for his first appearence as a Protoform.

After your done drooling over those two, why not check out more Movie galleries, such as Ratchet or Zoom Out 25x

It should also be noted that these were bought off of Wal-mart.com almost three months before their expected release dates! Way to go Ryan, keep the galleries coming!

Credit(s): Seibertron


This article was last modified on Sunday, February 11th, 2007 1:40am CST

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Protoform Optimus Prime and Starscream Galleries Now Online! (16404)
Posted by hot rod 907 on February 9th, 2007 @ 7:12pm CST
Not bad, I like the pod forms.
Re: Protoform Optimus Prime and Starscream Galleries Now Online! (16406)
Posted by Hotrod on February 9th, 2007 @ 7:14pm CST
After reading IDW's Movie Prequel I hope we get a Bumblebee Protoform figure. Sweet Galleries Ryan, I can not wait to get these guys now :grin:
Re: Protoform Optimus Prime and Starscream Galleries Now Online! (16480)
Posted by Flashwave on February 9th, 2007 @ 8:23pm CST
Cool figs, but they're,...puny.

Am I seeing that right? Same size if not SMALLER thsn g1 Prime????

Oh, Love the black Background. Nice Touch
Re: Protoform Optimus Prime and Starscream Galleries Now Online! (16489)
Posted by Flashwave on February 9th, 2007 @ 8:29pm CST
ShGarland_1383 wrote:Of course there needed to be a separate post for the galleries themselves. It is Kind of a little bit new that they're up.

I was flipping through the Prime gallery this afternoon, and I'd like to know why the black background all of a sudden. Looks great, I'm just wondering the switch.


It was for the White figs originaaly, so you didn't loose them to the background. It was expensive if I recall, so we're getting th milage out of it. New back for the Movie figs.
Re: Protoform Optimus Prime and Starscream Galleries Now Online! (16516)
Posted by Barricade on February 9th, 2007 @ 8:53pm CST
must have!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Protoform Optimus Prime and Starscream Galleries Now Online! (16547)
Posted by Autobobby1 on February 9th, 2007 @ 9:32pm CST
I like Prime, always do, but Starscream is "meh." At least his Protoform is better than that munkee he is in Earth mode.
Re: Protoform Optimus Prime and Starscream Galleries Now Online! (16555)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on February 9th, 2007 @ 9:46pm CST
Flashwave wrote:
ShGarland_1383 wrote:Of course there needed to be a separate post for the galleries themselves. It is Kind of a little bit new that they're up.

I was flipping through the Prime gallery this afternoon, and I'd like to know why the black background all of a sudden. Looks great, I'm just wondering the switch.


It was for the White figs originaaly, so you didn't loose them to the background. It was expensive if I recall, so we're getting th milage out of it. New back for the Movie figs.

.....
..........

I remember why he did it. He had us voting for which back to use for Polar Claw, remember?

What I meant is why switch now, with the last handful of galleries? I imagine it was expensive, and I'm glad to see the usage. I just found the switch a bit odd is all. Not that big a thing, really.
Re: Protoform Optimus Prime and Starscream Galleries Now Online! (16557)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on February 9th, 2007 @ 9:48pm CST
Flashwave wrote:Am I seeing that right? Same size if not SMALLER thsn g1 Prime????

Oh, Love the black Background. Nice Touch

Unless it's the pose, its definitely smaller than G1 Prime-bot.
And I'm liking the background too.
Re: Protoform Optimus Prime and Starscream Galleries Now Online! (16741)
Posted by Wolfguard on February 10th, 2007 @ 12:52am CST
Down_Shift wrote:Hot off his latest gallery of Titanium(RID)Opriums Prime...


Never heard of that Prime. :grin:
Re: Protoform Optimus Prime and Starscream Galleries Now Online! (16743)
Posted by Nemesis_Apoc on February 10th, 2007 @ 12:55am CST
solid
Re: Protoform Optimus Prime and Starscream Galleries Now Online! (16744)
Posted by Alex Kingdom on February 10th, 2007 @ 12:59am CST
They both look like garbage, quite literally. Nice enough well articulated figures but they (and much of the rest of the Movie like) are really ugly, the black background doesn't do them any favour either.

Yours AK
Re: Protoform Optimus Prime and Starscream Galleries Now Online! (16747)
Posted by God Magnus on February 10th, 2007 @ 1:02am CST
Nemesis_Apoc wrote:solid


Solid like Rock Lords.
Re: Protoform Optimus Prime and Starscream Galleries Now Online! (16755)
Posted by Seibertron on February 10th, 2007 @ 1:13am CST
ShGarland_1383 wrote:
Flashwave wrote:
ShGarland_1383 wrote:Of course there needed to be a separate post for the galleries themselves. It is Kind of a little bit new that they're up.

I was flipping through the Prime gallery this afternoon, and I'd like to know why the black background all of a sudden. Looks great, I'm just wondering the switch.


It was for the White figs originaaly, so you didn't loose them to the background. It was expensive if I recall, so we're getting th milage out of it. New back for the Movie figs.

.....
..........

I remember why he did it. He had us voting for which back to use for Polar Claw, remember?

What I meant is why switch now, with the last handful of galleries? I imagine it was expensive, and I'm glad to see the usage. I just found the switch a bit odd is all. Not that big a thing, really.


I'm just using the black background temporarily while I do pictures of some figures that I couldn't get to look right with the white background (such as Classics Legends Jetfire and Titanium Starscream). The background is a pain in the ass to switch around so I'm using it until I finish doing the figures that need the assistance of a strongly contrasting background. This allowed me to finally do the gallery of Botcon Ratchet, which worked out well since I had a lot of inquiries about that figure in the Movie Ratchet gallery. I'll also knock out a gallery of Masterpiece Magnus finally because of this and I even received Masterforce Minerva yesterday so I'll probably do her gallery as well at this time. In the meantime, some of the regular figures are getting the black background treatment while I experiment with what I can do with this background. It's temporary ... I like the white background better as well but some figures needed it to be done properly.
Re: Protoform Optimus Prime and Starscream Galleries Now Online! (16796)
Posted by NightFall on February 10th, 2007 @ 3:08am CST
Damd, thanks for the pics, but I'm so staying away from these. Nope, don't like them toys things.
Re: Protoform Optimus Prime and Starscream Galleries Now Online! (17116)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on February 10th, 2007 @ 11:02am CST
If Starscream didnt have that head and wsnt gold he'd be cool as hell. But becaus of those flaws his robot mode isnt that great but is protoform mode looks sick.
Re: Protoform Optimus Prime and Starscream Galleries Now Online! (17170)
Posted by dragons on February 10th, 2007 @ 12:22pm CST
i like starscreams proto from he looks more like starscream than the earth version starscream i have to dissagre in there vehicle modes starscream and optimus look almost identicale.

I like starscream more than i do primes robot.
Re: Protoform Optimus Prime and Starscream Galleries Now Online! (17362)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on February 10th, 2007 @ 3:42pm CST
Seibertron wrote:I'm just using the black background temporarily while I do pictures of some figures that I couldn't get to look right with the white background (such as Classics Legends Jetfire and Titanium Starscream).

Ah. Looks great.

Slightly off topic, I admit, but because you've mentioned it here I've just got done looking at Starscream and I really like it. I can't help but think if Cybertron weren't already over they can use the WW mold for a deluxe-scale C-Starscream.

Seibertron wrote:The background is a pain in the ass to switch around so I'm using it until I finish doing the figures that need the assistance of a strongly contrasting background.

Sounds hard to switch, but believe me, it's turning out to be worth it.

Seibertron wrote:This allowed me to finally do the gallery of Botcon Ratchet, which worked out well since I had a lot of inquiries about that figure in the Movie Ratchet gallery. I'll also knock out a gallery of Masterpiece Magnus finally because of this and I even received Masterforce Minerva yesterday so I'll probably do her gallery as well at this time. In the meantime, some of the regular figures are getting the black background treatment while I experiment with what I can do with this background.

I liked the galleries for the Ratchet figures. Sounds like there's a preview of what's coming here though, and I'm looking forward to Minerva. I'd ask where you got that one but I'm not able to get one at the moment. I was barely able to get the movie soundtrack I found @ walmart.com when the protoforms were posted.
Re: Protoform Optimus Prime and Starscream Galleries Now Online! (18019)
Posted by Kayevcee on February 11th, 2007 @ 7:18am CST
A bit late in replying to this due to the irritating distractions of work and social interaction... couldn't have come on a worse day, I tells ya.

Anyhoo, Prime's entry mode doesn't do a whole lot for me, but his robot mode is superb and very well articulated, and Starscream is a fine looking toy from any angle in either mode. Even the weapons are nicely distinctive.

Ryan, does Starscream seem to be a potential sufferer from the dreaded Gold Plastic Syndrome- any sense of brittleness when you move him around? I'd imagine Hasbro is well aware of the problem with their gold plastic mix by now, but I can't help but be concerned.

-Nick

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Devastator Figure Set(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Decepticon Viper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Broadside and Blunderbuss" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
Twincast / Podcast #275:
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Dark Of The Noon Mechtech Human Alliance BACKFIRE & SPIKE WITWICKY" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro. Transformers Siege. War for Cybertron Trilogy. Figure: REFRAKTOR Ages 8+" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers R.e.d. MEGATRON Vinyl RED Series Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy HEAT SCRAMBLE Transformers Starter Set TFD-00" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers WFC War For Cybertron Siege Battle Masters Blowpipe MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Battle Masters - BLOWPIPE (NEW)" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE CYBERVERSE ADVENTURES WARRIOR MACE MASH GNAW (062)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Sludge Power of the Primes Combiner MOSC Sealed" on EBAY