Thursday, April 2nd, 2015 6:27pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 19,333

This is definitely the day for Combiner Wars News. Not only are the pre-ordered wave 2 figures arriving from HTS, and not only are those same figures finally available at US retail, but the extra limbs, Quickslinger and Brake-neck, (aka Slingshot and Wildrider) are now available for pre-order at Robot Kingdom. They are sold as a pair for 39.80$ US and start shipping May 4th 2015.

Credit(s): Robot Kingdom

Re: Quickslinger and Brake-neck (aka Slingshot and Wildrider) available for pre-order online (1670540)
Posted by no-one on April 2nd, 2015 @ 6:41pm CDT
I agree, it's been a pretty exciting and fun day.
Re: Quickslinger and Brake-neck (aka Slingshot and Wildrider) available for pre-order online (1670543)
Posted by redoutlander on April 2nd, 2015 @ 7:02pm CDT
Cobotron wrote:
Nemesis Maximo wrote:
carytheone wrote:
Nemesis Maximo wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
Nemesis Maximo wrote:So I got a shipping Notification just an hour ago. Told you guys thre was nothing to worry about. And you all thought I should email them.

I knew it would come through for you Nem. :D

Got mine in hand too, but I tried reporting news too late...... :-(
Re: Quickslinger and Brake-neck (aka Slingshot and Wildrider) available for pre-order online (1670544)
Posted by RiddlerJ on April 2nd, 2015 @ 7:03pm CDT
Yep, my Wave 2 figures from HTS were waiting for me when I came home. I'm a happy camper again. :grin:
Re: Quickslinger and Brake-neck (aka Slingshot and Wildrider) available for pre-order online (1670545)
Posted by Optimizzy on April 2nd, 2015 @ 7:04pm CDT
Just got home and opened the box. Only one I'm not happy with is Breakdown. He's terrible. Lol.
Re: Quickslinger and Brake-neck (aka Slingshot and Wildrider) available for pre-order online (1670548)
Posted by Flashwave on April 2nd, 2015 @ 7:19pm CDT
Uh, yeah no. RK says 39.8 for the two pack plus another 25 in shipping... So 65 for 2 deluxes or 33 each. (roguh rounding) Gonna have to think about that before I plunge. Paid worse in this hobby, but I don't mind the looks of Bravo or Offroad and am perfectly happy renaming them. I do kinda want Slignshot though, since I have a thing for Harriers
Re: Quickslinger and Brake-neck (aka Slingshot and Wildrider) available for pre-order online (1670549)
Posted by Zeedust on April 2nd, 2015 @ 7:23pm CDT
I think I'll wait to see if I can get the two exclusives without paying more than twenty bucks in shipping.
Re: Quickslinger and Brake-neck (aka Slingshot and Wildrider) available for pre-order online (1670557)
Posted by CombaticonsCombine? on April 2nd, 2015 @ 7:53pm CDT
Re: Quickslinger and Brake-neck (aka Slingshot and Wildrider) available for pre-order online (1670558)
Posted by Optimizzy on April 2nd, 2015 @ 8:02pm CDT
I didn't think so. Looks good to me.
Re: Quickslinger and Brake-neck (aka Slingshot and Wildrider) available for pre-order online (1670561)
Posted by Cobotron on April 2nd, 2015 @ 8:05pm CDT
Compared to what? He's a character from a science fiction land of make believe.
Re: Quickslinger and Brake-neck (aka Slingshot and Wildrider) available for pre-order online (1670563)
Posted by peaces on April 2nd, 2015 @ 8:06pm CDT
i love both insecticons. can't wait for chop shop and kickback
Re: Quickslinger and Brake-neck (aka Slingshot and Wildrider) available for pre-order online (1670565)
Posted by CombaticonsCombine? on April 2nd, 2015 @ 8:11pm CDT
Okay, I could have phrased that better. His head isn't that bad...But the fact that his alt-mode horn is positioned SO FAR UP ON THE BACK OF HIS HEAD (which is the only thing I don't like about him) makes his head seem so much smaller.
Re: Quickslinger and Brake-neck (aka Slingshot and Wildrider) available for pre-order online (1670566)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on April 2nd, 2015 @ 8:16pm CDT
Re: Quickslinger and Brake-neck (aka Slingshot and Wildrider) available for pre-order online (1670571)
Posted by Zeedust on April 2nd, 2015 @ 8:43pm CDT
That Bot wrote:With wave 2 stuff arriving, I think it's time to see scramble city taken to its logical extreme. Create some wild combinations, and share your pics!

Nah. Not yet. Now once we get the two exclusives and hit wave three or four, that's when we can get really wild.

And since the Combiner Wars system is based on Scramble City but is bigger, as well as more complex and advanced, I vote to nickname it "Scramble Nation". 8-}

Cyber Bishop wrote:I wonder who else will have those two available.. I want pre order but not sure if I like the $22 shipping..

I am sure. I'm sure I don't like it at all. Definitely gonna wait and see on this one, especially since I still intend to get Wave 3, as well as work on keeping up with the RiD toys.
Re: Quickslinger and Brake-neck (aka Slingshot and Wildrider) available for pre-order online (1670572)
Posted by william-james88 on April 2nd, 2015 @ 8:50pm CDT
CombaticonsCombine? wrote:Was at a friend's house and I noticed something. CW Bombshell's head seems WAY too small. Thoughts?

I thought the head was fine. Around he same size as skrapnel.
Re: Quickslinger and Brake-neck (aka Slingshot and Wildrider) available for pre-order online (1670574)
Posted by william-james88 on April 2nd, 2015 @ 8:58pm CDT

I am willing to bet anyone a steak dinner that BBTS will have these eventually.
Re: Quickslinger and Brake-neck (aka Slingshot and Wildrider) available for pre-order online (1670576)
Posted by Agamemnon on April 2nd, 2015 @ 9:01pm CDT
Woot, wave 2 dropped into my POL at BBTS. Shipped! I should have complete Menasour and Superion on Monday.

william-james88 wrote:

I am willing to bet anyone a steak dinner that BBTS will have these eventually.

I'm hoping.... :PRAY:
Re: Quickslinger and Brake-neck (aka Slingshot and Wildrider) available for pre-order online (1670577)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on April 2nd, 2015 @ 9:01pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

I thought the head was fine. Around he same size as skrapnel.

I think the problem is, Bombshell's head/face when commonly depicted is essentially two red eyes, the bridge of a nose, and a close helmet visor for a jaw that extends to each shoulder pylon. He usually doesn't have too much of a defined head proper, it's usually sunken into his shoulders. So When here's a gap between the shoulder pylons and the head, like on combiner wars bombshell. it look smaller than it actually is.
Re: Quickslinger and Brake-neck (aka Slingshot and Wildrider) available for pre-order online (1670585)
Posted by Zeedust on April 2nd, 2015 @ 9:53pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

I am willing to bet anyone a steak dinner that BBTS will have these eventually.

I'm less certain, but not hung up on fine dining. It'd be nice if these don't wind up being a complete headache to acquire.
Re: Quickslinger and Brake-neck (aka Slingshot and Wildrider) available for pre-order online (1670587)
Posted by RiddlerJ on April 2nd, 2015 @ 10:12pm CDT
I do wish they would've switched around more than just the heads for Slingshot and Wildrider. Wildrider, at least, could've mixed parts from Dead End and Streetwise (SW's chest, thighs, gun maybe)
Re: Quickslinger and Brake-neck (aka Slingshot and Wildrider) available for pre-order online (1670590)
Posted by Ultra Markus on April 2nd, 2015 @ 10:26pm CDT
maybe i'm just getting too lazy or lack of time i have to spend going store to store but i find it a lot easier to just order everything online i have a better time finding it online anyway although if i'm at a certain store and they happen to have a figure i'm looking for then great but most times i'm not that lucky so i just ordered them should get them right after my b-day :D

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Club Exclusive Rare - RUNAMUCK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Steelbane Bumblebee Tiny Turbo Changers Target Exc" on EBAY
Buy "RARE Transformers The Last Knight Cyberfire COGMAN 1-Step Turbo Changer" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Cogman STUDIO SERIES # 39 DELUXE CLASS Brand New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Leader Dragonstorm Combiner New" on EBAY
Buy "????Transformers ???? Botcon TFCC TFSS Barricade Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege & Earthrise Barricade - Nonnef Upgrade Kit" on EBAY