"Reign of Starscream" not to affect Movie Continuity?

"Reign of Starscream" not to affect Movie Continuity?

Sunday, March 9th, 2008 5:04pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Movie Related News, Rumors, People News, Collectables
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 50,564

Chris Ryall has once again updated his blog with some information pertaining to the upcoming IDW Publishing's "Reign of Starscream" comic, set in the 2007 Movie continuity.

Ryall not only mentions that this comic will likely have little to no bearing on the upcoming Transformers Movie Sequel, but also gives some insight to what will occur during the series. Be warned there are some minor spoilers ahead:

"Doing sequels to movies that nevertheless don't affect any coming sequel have a long tradition in comics (anyone else remember Han Solo's giant green bunny sidekick in Marvel's STAR WARS series?), and we've been having a lot of fun with this one. Expect to see some new faces, some familiar faces, some explanations for certain, shall we say, quirks in the movie's script, a return to Cybertron (and another planet, this one in our solar system), and much more in this series."

"Reign of Starscream" is written by Ryall and Chris Mowry with Alex Milne and Josh Perez, on art and colours duty respectively, and should hit the shelves in mid April 2008.

To check out Ryall's full blog update, and to check out the 3 preview pages of art, please click here.

Credit(s): Chris Ryall

Re: "Reign of Starscream" not to affect Movie Continuity? (651883)
Posted by Keeperofthespark on March 9th, 2008 @ 6:27pm CDT
Can't wait to get my hands on this puppy! Those three preview pages look fantastic I must say!

I don't really have a comment about it not following the movie continuity though, since you know I haven't read it yet or even heard much on the second movie's plot.
Re: "Reign of Starscream" not to affect Movie Continuity? (651895)
Posted by Sunstar on March 9th, 2008 @ 6:45pm CDT
I've requested all covers for this son of a cessna. It's very mewy sounding, even if Starscream still looks like a chimp. "Another comic with chimpanzees..."
Re: "Reign of Starscream" not to affect Movie Continuity? (651917)
Posted by Skowl on March 9th, 2008 @ 7:11pm CDT
I'm pumped, but it's a shame it won't actually have any official link to the movie continuity - in other words, no sneak peek at characters, this will be a comic-only cast.

And I was never a fan of Alex Milne's art. He draws people great, but his TFs... just don't look right...
Re: "Reign of Starscream" not to affect Movie Continuity? (651965)
Posted by Jaw Crusher on March 9th, 2008 @ 8:12pm CDT
Heck, I knew there was no chance of this comic being considered official canon with the actual movie continuity. Still, I might have to take a peek.
Re: "Reign of Starscream" not to affect Movie Continuity? (652043)
Posted by Powermaster Jazz on March 9th, 2008 @ 11:20pm CDT
I have a Marvel Star Wars comic that features Jabba The Hutt. He's shown to look like a yellow Wookie which I believe was an earlier concept until Lucas decided to make him a giant slug.
Re: "Reign of Starscream" not to affect Movie Continuity? (652068)
Posted by ultra tron on March 9th, 2008 @ 11:52pm CDT
That sucks, but at least we get to see some new characters.

There has to be some in this comic that will make movie 2
Re: "Reign of Starscream" not to affect Movie Continuity? (652071)
Posted by Pyrostrata on March 9th, 2008 @ 11:57pm CDT
I am actually anticipating this series myself..even though movie Starscream is uglier than a mud fence! I have read a bit about it and it appears to be interesting enough for me to make the 9357398753789535 mile drive to my local comics store!
Re: "Reign of Starscream" not to affect Movie Continuity? (652425)
Posted by First Gen on March 10th, 2008 @ 12:32pm CDT
Ha ha, thats a suprise. The daggone prequels and movie adaptions were in the same boat anyway. :grin:
Re: "Reign of Starscream" not to affect Movie Continuity? (652493)
Posted by ponycorn on March 10th, 2008 @ 1:48pm CDT
I suppose it is better for the masses that RofS is not required reading pre-TFMovie#2. I'll rest easy knowing that whatever I learn while reading it is exclusively known to me and other readers. (Like our own secret part of movie-verse that only we know about.)

Starscream may not be his regular hot self in the movie, but neither is Megs. It's okay, I like them both for their personalities as well, and I think we get plenty of that in both the movies and the suplemental comics.

I'll just have to look up dreamily at my Masterpeice Starscream every once in a while as I read RofS. :wink:

Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Dragstrip Wildbreak Dragbreak" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark Of The Moon Air Raid" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Barricade Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Class 2010" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark Moon Roadbuster + Backfire Spike Witwicky Mechtech NEW" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE Hollywood Rides Jada BRAND NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Evasion Mode Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege - Starscream - Voyager Class NEW MIB" on EBAY
Buy "KRE-O Transformers Bumblebee #36421 & Megatron #30688 Set With 7 Kreons Lot" on EBAY