Reissue G1 Sixshot confirmed

Reissue G1 Sixshot confirmed

Saturday, June 30th, 2012 10:23am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 39,910

Site sponsor Kapow Toys have posted a very interesting update on their facebook wall. The post tells us that the long awaited reissue of G1 Sixshot has now been confirmed, plus it contains a few titbits of information about it.

• Asia exclusive
  • Releases in August
  • Premium packaging with leather and chrome parts (rumoured)
  • Will be expensive

Here's the original message if you wish to read it.

Kapow Toys wrote:Asia Exclusive Reissue Sixshot confirmed for this August - comes with premium packaging rumoured to be leather and chrome parts. Its also not part of the Encore line and based on the wholesale price is going to be expensive......eeeek!

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Credit(s): Kapow Toys

Re: Reissue G1 Sixshot confirmed (1395835)
Posted by Andrius on June 30th, 2012 @ 10:31am CDT
Dead Metal wrote:
  • Asia exclusive
  • Releases in August
  • Premium packaging with leather and chrome parts (rumoured)
  • Will be expensive

Oh good, because I love paying for packaging and hype when all I want is the darn toy.
Re: Reissue G1 Sixshot confirmed (1395838)
Posted by REMINATOR on June 30th, 2012 @ 10:41am CDT
Will be expensive??? Easily pass for me. Got the regular issue already. Save me some money for the moment.
Re: Reissue G1 Sixshot confirmed (1395839)
Posted by Optimutt on June 30th, 2012 @ 10:42am CDT
When the Takara panel at the Singapore Cybertron Convention was asked whether they planned on releasing SixShot "without the leather pants" for a reduced rate, they said "We have no plans."

So yes. Expensive. :-(
Re: Reissue G1 Sixshot confirmed (1395840)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on June 30th, 2012 @ 10:44am CDT
Just how expencive is this gonna be when it comes with a warning :lol: .

Anyway i'll wait for Hexatron? is that his name hav'nt herd nothing for a while.
Re: Reissue G1 Sixshot confirmed (1395841)
Posted by RhA on June 30th, 2012 @ 10:44am CDT
Leather.

Leather.
Re: Reissue G1 Sixshot confirmed (1395843)
Posted by Dead Metal on June 30th, 2012 @ 10:47am CDT
RhA wrote:Leather.

Leather.

Sixshot is into some kinky sh*t.
Re: Reissue G1 Sixshot confirmed (1395847)
Posted by RAcast on June 30th, 2012 @ 10:58am CDT
At first I was like :BOWDOWN: .
But then I saw "expensive" and "leather parts" and I was like :BANG_HEAD: .

Can anyone enlighten me why he would have leather parts? o_O I know next to nothing about Sixshot, but I've seen reviews and he tickles every part of what I love about g1 stuff. But if the reissue is going to be as expensive as/more expensive than the original version is right now...ugh. :sad:
Re: Reissue G1 Sixshot confirmed (1395849)
Posted by Dead Metal on June 30th, 2012 @ 11:02am CDT
RAcast wrote:At first I was like :BOWDOWN: .
But then I saw "expensive" and "leather parts" and I was like :BANG_HEAD: .

The answer is in "Premium packaging" as in the box he comes in is made from leather, not the toy.
Re: Reissue G1 Sixshot confirmed (1395854)
Posted by Bouncy X on June 30th, 2012 @ 11:16am CDT
i still have the original in mint condition and the box is mint too. i barely played with it so it literally looks and works as good as the day i got it. i wonder if he'll be worth more once the re-issue hits...not that i'd sell it but you know. lol
Re: Reissue G1 Sixshot confirmed (1395862)
Posted by Fistful of Energon on June 30th, 2012 @ 11:38am CDT
Oh well....*Hugs my G1 Sixshot* :grin:
Re: Reissue G1 Sixshot confirmed (1395871)
Posted by YoungPrime on June 30th, 2012 @ 12:03pm CDT
Meh.....I'm basically done collecting G1 figures. I want a Generations/Classic's version.
Re: Reissue G1 Sixshot confirmed (1395875)
Posted by El Duque on June 30th, 2012 @ 12:18pm CDT
Premium packaging does nothing for, I'm all about the figure. Good thing I already have a G1.
Re: Reissue G1 Sixshot confirmed (1395891)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 30th, 2012 @ 1:33pm CDT
Well looks like Sixshot will remain on the list of figures that i really want but will never get. Hell id settle for a KO version but i cant even get one of those.
Re: Reissue G1 Sixshot confirmed (1395898)
Posted by Flux Convoy on June 30th, 2012 @ 2:02pm CDT
Get your shit together, Takara/Tomy. We don't need more extravagant boxes than the TFCC produces for any figure or reissue. I don't care what character it is. I want Sixshot but I certainly have a cost range I won't go out of for him. He isn't high enough on my list of collecting priorities.
:BOT:
Re: Reissue G1 Sixshot confirmed (1395910)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on June 30th, 2012 @ 2:43pm CDT
Disappointed by this, really wanted him.

However, if Sixshot is not part of the Encore series (as originally suggested) I wonder who/what will now be Encore 23, any thoughts?
Re: Reissue G1 Sixshot confirmed (1395911)
Posted by r3devi7 on June 30th, 2012 @ 2:52pm CDT
Fistful of Energon wrote:Oh well....*Hugs my G1 Sixshot* :grin:

THIS! lol

Anyone know where I can get his guns? Shapeways or otherwise?
Re: Reissue G1 Sixshot confirmed (1395919)
Posted by Skullcrunchberries on June 30th, 2012 @ 3:08pm CDT
Man, I'm glad I picked up an original at Botcon a few years back. I think I got him for $60, no broken parts, no yellowing and complete. Considering nowadays he's probably even double that, I'm not sure how well the reissue will fair...
Re: Reissue G1 Sixshot confirmed (1395932)
Posted by Screamfleet on June 30th, 2012 @ 4:13pm CDT
Leather and chrome parts on the box?!

Oh yea! This awesome!

I've always wanted packaging with such added highlights. I know I'm not alone, tons of fans have been clamoring for more packaging and using higher end materials for a long time. Cause this is what the fans want, fancy boxes, the contents inside....not so much.
Re: Reissue G1 Sixshot confirmed (1395942)
Posted by GuyIncognito on June 30th, 2012 @ 4:38pm CDT
What do you guys think the price will be like?
Re: Reissue G1 Sixshot confirmed (1395974)
Posted by DMSL on June 30th, 2012 @ 7:03pm CDT
Already have a G1 re-issue from Takara so don't need this one.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Retro Reissue G1 Headmasters Highbrow (F1024)" on EBAY
Buy "Windcharger 100% Complete Legends Generations - Power of the Primes Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Attacktix Battle Figure Game Transformers Star Wars Optimus Prime Darth Vader" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS: WRECK-GAR....COMPLETE!!" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class GRAX & Skullsmasher Headmaster" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Insecticons Bombshell-Shrapnel  & Kickback w Boxes & OG Bubbles" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS SKRAPNEL legends Class Power of the Primes GENERATIONS  NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime (Robots In Disguise) Deluxe Arcee 2012" on EBAY