Release Date revealed for Takara MP-36 Masterpiece Megatron

Release Date revealed for Takara MP-36 Masterpiece Megatron

Wednesday, February 22nd, 2017 5:16am CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Kurona   Views: 37,809

Some exciting news for Masterpiece fans courtesy of fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath - MP-36; Takara's second attempt on giving Decepticon Leader Megatron a Masterpiece figure, finally has a release date announced according to Amazon-Japan!

As you can see here, the announced release date for the figure is April 1st - rest assured, that's no joke. April foolery aside, tell us if this release date gets you any more excited for the figure in the forums below!

Re: Release Date revealed for Takara MP-36 Masterpiece Megatron (1861994)
Posted by fenrir72 on February 22nd, 2017 @ 5:53am CST
All Hail Megatron!
Re: Release Date revealed for Takara MP-36 Masterpiece Megatron (1862010)
Posted by Mindmaster on February 22nd, 2017 @ 8:08am CST
I thought this was already known? TFWiki's entry of MP Megatron has said 1 April for the longest time...
Re: Release Date revealed for Takara MP-36 Masterpiece Megatron (1862019)
Posted by RiddlerJ on February 22nd, 2017 @ 9:09am CST
Re: Release Date revealed for Takara MP-36 Masterpiece Megatron (1862021)
Posted by william-james88 on February 22nd, 2017 @ 9:11am CST
RiddlerJ wrote:While I'm interested, I'm really going to wait to hear some reviews before I buy another Masterpiece Megatron.

Thats what I am doing.
Re: Release Date revealed for Takara MP-36 Masterpiece Megatron (1862050)
Posted by nycPrime on February 22nd, 2017 @ 10:33am CST
william-james88 wrote:

Thats what I am doing.

But will you be able to get it at an affordable price after the release date?
Re: Release Date revealed for Takara MP-36 Masterpiece Megatron (1862059)
Posted by Ironhidensh on February 22nd, 2017 @ 11:05am CST
william-james88 wrote:

Thats what I am doing.

I'll be able to let you know within a week of japanese release.
Re: Release Date revealed for Takara MP-36 Masterpiece Megatron (1862060)
Posted by mdverde on February 22nd, 2017 @ 11:10am CST
22-02-2017 09-04-39 a- m-.jpg

In HLJ.com (https://hlj.com/product/TKT87511) is set to be released on April, 30.
Re: Release Date revealed for Takara MP-36 Masterpiece Megatron (1862065)
Posted by KVO Prime on February 22nd, 2017 @ 11:30am CST
Got mine preordweed from Amiami I believe for 17000 yen or $150 :)
Re: Release Date revealed for Takara MP-36 Masterpiece Megatron (1862100)
Posted by bodrock on February 22nd, 2017 @ 12:47pm CST
KVO Prime wrote:Got mine preordweed from Amiami I believe for 17000 yen or $150 :)

How much is shipping, generally? $20?
Re: Release Date revealed for Takara MP-36 Masterpiece Megatron (1862105)
Posted by Ironhidensh on February 22nd, 2017 @ 12:49pm CST
bodrock wrote:

How much is shipping, generally? $20?

Heavily depends on the speed of delivery you choose.
Re: Release Date revealed for Takara MP-36 Masterpiece Megatron (1862108)
Posted by Cobotron on February 22nd, 2017 @ 12:51pm CST
bodrock wrote:

How much is shipping, generally? $20?
Based on weight, shipping method, and ultimatly exchange rate of the day. I used highest priority to ship Legends Ultra Magnus (CW mold) and it cost about $32 and at a time when exchange was really good. I'm sure Megs weighs more then UM did. :(

Edit: Since then I've honed my patience and take the cheap slow route. :lol:
Re: Release Date revealed for Takara MP-36 Masterpiece Megatron (1862146)
Posted by bodrock on February 22nd, 2017 @ 2:07pm CST
I go cheap n slow too, Cobo!
Re: Release Date revealed for Takara MP-36 Masterpiece Megatron (1862267)
Posted by Emerje on February 22nd, 2017 @ 10:41pm CST
Cobotron wrote:
bodrock wrote:

How much is shipping, generally? $20?

Edit: Since then I've honed my patience and take the cheap slow route. :lol:

I wonder what Megatron's packaged weight will be? MP Ultra Magnus was a hefty figure, but his cheapest shipping option was also his fastest:
Capture.JPG

So Megatron could potentially ship for relatively cheap.

Emerje
Re: Release Date revealed for Takara MP-36 Masterpiece Megatron (1862332)
Posted by Ironhidensh on February 23rd, 2017 @ 8:01am CST
william-james88 wrote:

Thats what I am doing.

I'll be able to let you know within a week of japanese release.
Re: Release Date revealed for Takara MP-36 Masterpiece Megatron (1862386)
Posted by Relic0037 on February 23rd, 2017 @ 1:22pm CST
Now I just have to save up some money for him....not an easy task.
Re: Release Date revealed for Takara MP-36 Masterpiece Megatron (1862587)
Posted by Cyberpath on February 24th, 2017 @ 8:11am CST
New photo --

Re: Release Date revealed for Takara MP-36 Masterpiece Megatron (1862632)
Posted by Overcracker on February 24th, 2017 @ 10:19am CST
The Key to Vector Sigma, just as pudgy looking and undefined as in the cartoon. Gotta love Takara's cartoon accuracy.
Re: Release Date revealed for Takara MP-36 Masterpiece Megatron (1862641)
Posted by bodrock on February 24th, 2017 @ 10:49am CST
Love it, Takara!!
Re: Release Date revealed for Takara MP-36 Masterpiece Megatron (1862647)
Posted by Va'al on February 24th, 2017 @ 11:10am CST
Via fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath, and with the source being the official Takara Tomy Transformers Twitter account, we have a look at one of the accessories accompanyng the release of Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (the Second Coming): the Key to Vector Sigma! The tiny thing is shown off in a video posted by the company, showcasing the Masterpiece line, but you can check it out in the static image below!

video!
Re: Release Date revealed for Takara MP-36 Masterpiece Megatron (1862654)
Posted by megatronus on February 24th, 2017 @ 11:43am CST
He can't come soon enough.

Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Sideswipe & Bumblebee MIX LOT 3’" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Stuntwing Mini Con" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Robots in Disguise GRIMLOCK Hasbro Warrior Class Combiner Force NIP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Stormshot Jet Robots In Disguise Warrior Class Jet" on EBAY
Buy "STRONGARM Transformers - Robots in Disguise" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Soundwave lot complete WFC Cassette Corp Ratbat Rumble Ravage" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise - CLIFFJUMPER  - NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Soundblaster complete WFC 35TH Anniversary Generations" on EBAY