Release Dates Revealed for TFC Toy's Project Hercules

Release Dates Revealed for TFC Toy's Project Hercules

Friday, July 1st, 2011 1:27pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 48,642

TFC Toys have finally answered the burning question that has been on the minds of collectors ever since we got our first glimpse of their Hercules project, "How long will it take to get the whole set?" They have updated the weibo micro-blog with release dates for the figures as follows:

• Exgraver - Coming Soon
  • Heavylabor - September 2011
  • Stuctor - November 2011
  • Dr Crank - December 2011
  • Neckbreaker - March 2012
  • Mad Blender - April 2012

So there you have it. You won't have a complete Hercules on your self until April of next year, and that's not taking any delays into consideration.

Credit(s): TFC Toys weibo micro-blog

Re: Release Dates Revealed for TFC Toy's Project Hercules (1250713)
Posted by GetRightRobot on July 1st, 2011 @ 1:42pm CDT
Re: Release Dates Revealed for TFC Toy's Project Hercules (1250720)
Posted by SoulReaverprime on July 1st, 2011 @ 1:49pm CDT
When I saw the pre-order on BBTS for the first figure in the "Not Devastator" line I got excited....then I saw that they are gonna be $100 per figure plus shipping...... $100 for something that is roughly scaled between a deluxe and voyager class is way too pricey...I'd love to get these figures, but I'm not paying $600 for the total combiner. But that's just me. :-(
Re: Release Dates Revealed for TFC Toy's Project Hercules (1250761)
Posted by craggy on July 1st, 2011 @ 2:41pm CDT
not getting them. Price and lack of interest in the individual robots. does look quite a decent figure though, and I like the colours.

bit I'm going to miss out on most, aside from not owning a complete, honking big Devy, is going to be missing out on the opportunity to get all excited and post "I have my Mad Blender!" or "I have Dr Crank in my hands!". Those are two classic names, shame about the rest.

edit: good luck to everyone that's getting these.
Re: Release Dates Revealed for TFC Toy's Project Hercules (1250781)
Posted by moneycon on July 1st, 2011 @ 3:21pm CDT
meh.....other than the fact that I think it's hilarious that people are actually buying it! :grin: suckerrrrrsssss.
Re: Release Dates Revealed for TFC Toy's Project Hercules (1250798)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on July 1st, 2011 @ 4:00pm CDT
Y'know, with that release schedule, I may go ahead and get them. Depends on if Exgraver is still around somewhere on the 15th.
Re: Release Dates Revealed for TFC Toy's Project Hercules (1250799)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on July 1st, 2011 @ 4:02pm CDT
The schedual works for me. Nice and slow. Sure, in total it'll be very expencive, but bit by bit it's not too bad. And the price per size is compera ble to Defender as well.
Re: Release Dates Revealed for TFC Toy's Project Hercules (1250803)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on July 1st, 2011 @ 4:08pm CDT
i reaaaaaaaaaaaallllllly want to get these but they are waaaaaaay too damn expensive. i will try my best to get them
Re: Release Dates Revealed for TFC Toy's Project Hercules (1250811)
Posted by LiKwid on July 1st, 2011 @ 4:29pm CDT
I wish I could just say no to this set.. I really do.Every time I convince myself that Im not going to get it, something cool comes out. The release schedule works 2 ways though, 1 it gives people time to save and the other, more time for something to go wrong...
Re: Release Dates Revealed for TFC Toy's Project Hercules (1250825)
Posted by Vicalliose on July 1st, 2011 @ 5:02pm CDT
I wish that people would stop saying warbot isn't a good example of proper pricing.

Warbot has things going for him that this simply does not. Diecast, heavy detail, complex design, good plastic quality, it can transform into two different vehicles, and when you buy Protector you aren't making a commitment where you want to buy the other combiner parts. On top of all that, Fansproject has an overall better track record than TFC.

I think the biggest thing is actually the commitment though. Thinking about how much these will all cost in the long run, just so you can have a devastator. You never know when Hasbro will decide to do their own. It's not like I think that Hasbro will never make a Classics Springer figure.
Re: Release Dates Revealed for TFC Toy's Project Hercules (1250831)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on July 1st, 2011 @ 5:39pm CDT
Re: Release Dates Revealed for TFC Toy's Project Hercules (1250835)
Posted by Sodan-1 on July 1st, 2011 @ 5:55pm CDT
That release schedule definately makes it more financially viable, and will mean we won't have to commit to the later figures until we've got a good idea of how they're going to turn out. Hopefully the fact that they are not coming out altogether will mean good quality products. While I do share other folks' concerns of TFClub losing interest/encountering difficulties, 9 or 10 months isn't all that long.

Staying positive.
Re: Release Dates Revealed for TFC Toy's Project Hercules (1250962)
Posted by Vicalliose on July 1st, 2011 @ 10:29pm CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:Hasbro did make a Classics Springer. And a Classics Devestator. But they were both just repaints. People tend to forget about them, but they exist.

Doesn't mean they wont do it properly down the line. They've shown us they're willing to do that in the past.

In my case at least, I don't have the money for this. I'm already down for FP's Insecticons and other possible projects in the future, also I have to wonder what iGear's Impactor will cost. Considering all the cons going for this Devastator set I mentioned, my priorities lie elsewhere. Maybe a review will completely change my mind IDK...
Re: Release Dates Revealed for TFC Toy's Project Hercules (1250993)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on July 1st, 2011 @ 11:13pm CDT
I'm leery of the prospects of a proper Classics Springer and even moreso of classics constructicons.

Not only have they done the Constructicons, but look at the other classics combiner teams: not combiners anymore when they are new figures. Even the RotF Devestator didn't seperate into individual robots for the properly sized version.

They could make a new Springer, I guess. It's not as far off as the Constructicons. But it just seems like they did it and got it off their checklist, and it was done at a proper size to boot.
Re: Release Dates Revealed for TFC Toy's Project Hercules (1251014)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on July 2nd, 2011 @ 12:04am CDT

I have Exgraver preordered at BBTS, actually, 5 of them. From what we've seen of this team, I think it looks really good. Though his likeness to gridlock is jarring. As far as things going wrong are concerned, the only thing I am worried about is that the color palette is the same for all 6. And by that I mean, the same purple, bright green, black, and silver for highlighting purposes. The samples of other testshots from the team that we have seen are radically different in appearance. I'm not down with that.
Re: Release Dates Revealed for TFC Toy's Project Hercules (1251044)
Posted by GetRightRobot on July 2nd, 2011 @ 1:29am CDT
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:Does it look like RiD Grimlock at all to anyone else? Am I the only one at this party who is hanging out in the room with the elephant?

Agreed on all fronts. I am going to pissed if they drop the ball on uniformed greens and purple. I give some wiggle room for detail colors, but everyone who gets this, will want him combined. And combined (exclusively for the Constructicons) should be one color palette. IMO.
Re: Release Dates Revealed for TFC Toy's Project Hercules (1251059)
Posted by robofreak on July 2nd, 2011 @ 3:18am CDT
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:I have Exgraver preordered at BBTS, actually, 5 of them.

Why? By that I mean why did you buy 5 Exgravers?

That's $500 and 5/6 the price of this figure.
Re: Release Dates Revealed for TFC Toy's Project Hercules (1251205)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on July 2nd, 2011 @ 10:46am CDT
He does look lik RID Grimlock, but RID Grimlock looks like G1 Scavenger, so it all evens out.

I was concerned about different shades as well, but the test shot colors don't look much like the final either. So I won't worry about it.
Re: Release Dates Revealed for TFC Toy's Project Hercules (1251209)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on July 2nd, 2011 @ 10:48am CDT
robofreak wrote:
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:I have Exgraver preordered at BBTS, actually, 5 of them.

Why? By that I mean why did you buy 5 Exgravers?

That's $500 and 5/6 the price of this figure.

Scenario A:
Since this I preordered through BBTS, I have not paid for them yet, when these preorders come in, my debit card will be rejected because it won't have 500 bucks in checking to pay for these, this will give me an additional 2 weeks to come up with the money.

Scenario B:
I'm a baller. Need proof check out the gallery of LD Unicron.
Re: Release Dates Revealed for TFC Toy's Project Hercules (1251365)
Posted by Convotron on July 2nd, 2011 @ 5:02pm CDT
Sure, we may see another Devastator by Hasbro/TakaraTomy some day but how long will that be? Will it be the ideal incarnation that hardcore fans like us wish for? How many compromises will be made in its design? I like the Energon combiners and I like the PCC figures(well, some of them) but they aren't platforms for providing fan-centric versions of characters we desire. We basically need add-on sets or completely new figures to provide that.

If the Exgraver figure delivers what TFClub promises then I think the price tag is par for the course. In the current 3rd party product market where relatively basic add-ons like a replacement head sculpt or weapons are $15 or more, a price tag of $90-$100 for a Deluxe/Voyager sized figure of good quality materials and functional design makes sense to me.

$100 plus import/shipping fees makes this figure a prohibitively expensive purchase, especially because its quality and design are unknown at this time. It also will be a purchase that leads to further investment since it's a combiner figure and it's unlikely that anyone would want a single figure or just a partial set of figures rather than a complete combiner set. By the time Hercules is completed, one would have to spend over $600.

To me, the choice of whether or not one should purchase this figure and the rest of its combiner family is fairly easy. If you are a fan of Devastator, if you have the financial means to purchase the figures with funds you can set aside that aren't meant to be spent on your regular expenses, and if you are prepared for issues that can arise in non-mass produced figures, then you are probably the type of person that is ideal for buying the Hercules combiner figures.

It just comes down to this: You've got to pay to play. If you want to get in on products that are unlikely to be made by Hasbro or TakaraTomy, then expect to pay higher prices for these products. Products designed for niche markets, which are made by small organizations that have limited funding, will not be cheap. If you really want to look at some high pricing for non-official products, take a gander at garage model kits. Even licensed garage kits such as those by B-Club can be quite expensive.
Re: Release Dates Revealed for TFC Toy's Project Hercules (1251689)
Posted by Stormrider on July 3rd, 2011 @ 6:25am CDT
GetRightRobot wrote:I have this horrible sensation that I'm going to end up with one third of a Hercules than....something will go wrong....

I am nervous about that too

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Lot incomplete G1 Generations Optimus Megatron McDonalds Armada RID" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Minicon Slipstream Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS ONE STEP CHANGER STEELJAW RID ROBOTS IN DISGUISE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise RiD 2015 Legion Class Groundbuster Arm Claw" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Minicon Drift Jetstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series #51 Soundwave/Chromia/Arcee/Elita-1 Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Micron Arms SHOCKWAVE Misb New Deluxe Am-29 Rid Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID 2015 Crash Optimus Prime Strongarm Combiner Force PrimeStrong" on EBAY