Reminder: Saturday is Free Comic Book Day - Transformers: Regeneration One 80.5

Reminder: Saturday is Free Comic Book Day - Transformers: Regeneration One 80.5

Friday, May 4th, 2012 12:38am CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 35,027

Saturday is Free Comic Book Day, and IDW Publishing will be offering fans Transformers: Regeneration One 80.5. The creative team of Simon Furman and Andrew Wildman reunite to tie up the loose ends that were left dangling when the original Marvel run came to end in 1991. This issue serves as a primer for IDW's upcoming ongoing series Transformers: Regeneration One 81, and features 16 pages of new content. Don't forget to swing by your local comic book retailer this Saturday, May 5th to pick up your free copy! Transformers: Regeneration One 81 is scheduled to launch in July.

(W) Simon Furman
(A/CA) Andrew Wildman
The wait is over - after a 20-year hiatus, IDW proudly returns to the original Transformers comic book universe, picking up right where 1991's Transformers #80 left off! Optimus Prime, Grimlock, Kup, Hot Rod and all your favorite Generation One Transformers characters charge into the future as fan-favorite writer Simon Furman and legendary Transformers artist Andrew Wildman present Transformers #80.5! Reflecting back on the dizzying highs and the terrifying lows of the original run of Transformers comics, Optimus Prime watches over a Cybertron that hasn't faced Megatron for decades. But that peace shudders to an end, as we dive headlong into July's Transformers #81!

Because the Fans demanded it! Thousand of Transformers fans signed petitions urging us to make this book - and IDW listened!

Created by the same writer, penciler, and inker of Transformer #80 in 1991!

Bonus features make clear IDW's current Transformers line of comics, as well as our extensive reprint program!

This article was last modified on Friday, May 4th, 2012 12:40am CDT

Re: Reminder: Saturday is Free Comic Book Day - Transformers: Regeneration One 80.5 (1376732)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on May 4th, 2012 @ 4:00am CDT
Looking forward to seeing the team tomorrow, and congratulating SF on his 'Hall of fame' award. :D
Re: Reminder: Saturday is Free Comic Book Day - Transformers: Regeneration One 80.5 (1376768)
Posted by Trikeboy on May 4th, 2012 @ 7:01am CDT
Does anyone know if this will be available, for free or pay, on the Transformers app I have on my iPod? My nearest comic book store which has English books is at least a thousand miles away. It's a long way to go to get a free comic book.
Re: Reminder: Saturday is Free Comic Book Day - Transformers: Regeneration One 80.5 (1376783)
Posted by Va'al on May 4th, 2012 @ 8:35am CDT
According to the FCBD database, this shop:

KINGDOM OF ADVENTURE
21-23 WHYTES CAUSEWAY
KIRKCALDY
FIFE
SCOTLAND
KY1 1XF
Phone: 01592328121

is part of the initiative, and it's only ten miles away from you!
Re: Reminder: Saturday is Free Comic Book Day - Transformers: Regeneration One 80.5 (1376802)
Posted by Trikeboy on May 4th, 2012 @ 9:50am CDT
thanks for that but i'm not currently at my home address. I'm a few miles east of there actually.
Re: Reminder: Saturday is Free Comic Book Day - Transformers: Regeneration One 80.5 (1377031)
Posted by NatsumeRyu on May 4th, 2012 @ 8:04pm CDT
Thank you for newsing the reminder! I almost forgot and set up plans with a fellow transfan! I'm gonna try and squeeze a comic book shop in there somewhere! :D
Re: Reminder: Saturday is Free Comic Book Day - Transformers: Regeneration One 80.5 (1377103)
Posted by Va'al on May 5th, 2012 @ 7:49am CDT
In Blackpool for the weekend, and the only comic shop here hasn't taken part..! :(
Re: Reminder: Saturday is Free Comic Book Day - Transformers: Regeneration One 80.5 (1377133)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on May 5th, 2012 @ 11:26am CDT
It was great to see the crew and pick up 80.5. Good to see Simon was as nice as ever even though he is now a bona-fide Hall of Famer! I was pretty shocked when I read the last page of the comic though, it sets the continuation up nicely.

On a related note, can anyone recommend me a UK online retailer which will be offering a subscription service for Regeneration One?
Re: Reminder: Saturday is Free Comic Book Day - Transformers: Regeneration One 80.5 (1377135)
Posted by Heavy B on May 5th, 2012 @ 11:36am CDT
please let it still be there when I get up there
Re: Reminder: Saturday is Free Comic Book Day - Transformers: Regeneration One 80.5 (1377315)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on May 6th, 2012 @ 12:28am CDT
I thought this issue was pretty cool!

It's been awhile since I've read Furman's Marvel run. I loved that Andrew Wildman returned to the Transformers after announcing that his ongoing variants from a few years ago would be his "last Transformers work."

In fact, I just just love looking at Wildman's artwork. It's quite a shock looking at this comic and comparing it to his War Within work, which had to be redrawn to the house Dreamwave/Pat Lee style. Oy.

It was announced that this would ignore Generation 2 yet it has Jhiaxus... I wonder if that was a mistake or perhaps including certain aspect of G2.

Who's this guy? I don't recognize him at all.

Re: Reminder: Saturday is Free Comic Book Day - Transformers: Regeneration One 80.5 (1377403)
Posted by excalibur1814 on May 6th, 2012 @ 12:42pm CDT
Agghhhh!

Where on earth can I get this from in the UK? (In the North Wales area)
Re: Reminder: Saturday is Free Comic Book Day - Transformers: Regeneration One 80.5 (1377426)
Posted by Burn on May 6th, 2012 @ 3:48pm CDT
Oh that felt good. Made me realise even more just how much I'm not enjoying the current crop of TF comics, from the writing to the art ... this however, was a breath of fresh air for me.
Re: Reminder: Saturday is Free Comic Book Day - Transformers: Regeneration One 80.5 (1377466)
Posted by skyshadowprimus on May 6th, 2012 @ 6:38pm CDT
Supreme Convoy wrote:I thought this issue was pretty cool!

Who's this guy? I don't recognize him at all.

gonna take a stab at Spike based on the bio-circuit theme
Re: Reminder: Saturday is Free Comic Book Day - Transformers: Regeneration One 80.5 (1377576)
Posted by Michael Alex Kawa on May 7th, 2012 @ 1:43am CDT
I got the issue ,THANK HARUHI :BOWDOWN: ,but it was hard to find .My normal comic book store ,where I have a hold box ,ran out of them quick .Why cause they were allowing 10 issues per person .Some one is getting rich on e-bay .I have been asking them (Avatar Comics ,Las Vegas Nevada ) about the comic since January ,and brought it up last time I was there ,about 3 weeks ago .Did they put it in my box .....NO !!!! Told me I should of asked yesterday night ,I was not told this ,and I have asked .Then they said ,"Well there is next year hahaha :lol: " . So I went to this great ,really unknown comic shop called Hell POP !! in Las Vegas Nevada ,and they had it ,only two left ,but they were so nice ,gave great deals ,and only allowed 4 free comics of any kind .But I did get the issue ,and I won't ruin any thing ,but it is AWESOME ,worth the wait. :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:
Re: Reminder: Saturday is Free Comic Book Day - Transformers: Regeneration One 80.5 (1377612)
Posted by SoundwaveLVL14 on May 7th, 2012 @ 8:25am CDT
skyshadowprimus wrote:
Supreme Convoy wrote:I thought this issue was pretty cool!

Who's this guy? I don't recognize him at all.

gonna take a stab at Spike based on the bio-circuit theme

I am pretty sure the guy on the first page is Buster from way back when Ratbat makes his first appreaence on Earth, issue #31.
Re: Reminder: Saturday is Free Comic Book Day - Transformers: Regeneration One 80.5 (1377657)
Posted by skyshadowprimus on May 7th, 2012 @ 12:06pm CDT
SoundwaveLVL14 wrote:
skyshadowprimus wrote:
Supreme Convoy wrote:I thought this issue was pretty cool!

Who's this guy? I don't recognize him at all.

gonna take a stab at Spike based on the bio-circuit theme

Seeing all the Neo-Knights in their 50s and Blackrock in his 70s could be amusing though
Re: Reminder: Saturday is Free Comic Book Day - Transformers: Regeneration One 80.5 (1378058)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on May 8th, 2012 @ 2:40pm CDT
skyshadowprimus wrote:Reading some of the other forums it might be someone called Circuit Smasher (Circuit Breaker's kid) to get round the copyright issue as she can't be featured, plus she would be 20 years older now and she had to be at least 20 in the 1985 at the time of her accident.

I was thinking it might be Circuit Breaker. I wonder why bother with a gender change because it looks like IDW has permission to use these Marvel created characters for the reprints.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Chromia Comic New MIB NIB MOC 2014" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Seige War For Cybertron Trilogy Hasbro Chromia Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 52 Deluxe Arcee Chromia Elita 1 Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers 2005 Botcon Exclusive Universe Ratchet COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers 2005 Botcon Exclusive Timelines Universe Ironhide w/ weapon" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Optimus Primal" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Autobody Roadbuster SEALED " on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS KINGDOM WAR FOR CYBERTRON TRILOGY BLACKARCHNIA FIGURE NEW IN HAND." on EBAY