Transformers News: Reports of Breakage and Easy Stressing for Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron

Friday, March 29th, 2019 1:39PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 35,669

While the first in hand images of Transformers Masterpiece MP 43 Beast Wars Megatron made us all drool a bit, it seems that might have been a bit premature. The toy looks amazing, of course, but we are now getting reports of breakage. There is indeed an extra instruction page for Japanese readers that was meant to help avoid some problems, but that may not help most westerners. The plastic is also said to be rather thin, leading to stress marks which are very revealing on purple plastic. I don't know about you, but that broken crotch is the stuff of nightmares to me.

These images come from a Hong Kong fan and can be seen below. This is simply meant to warn you to be careful when handling and transforming this great looking figure when most of us get it next week.

We had had another report of a broken crotch right out of the package from Goldimus Prime over at TFW who posted this image.

Credit(s): baidu
Re: Reports of Breakage and Easy Stressing for Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron (2016392)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on March 29th, 2019 @ 1:47pm CDT
Re: Reports of Breakage and Easy Stressing for Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron (2016395)
Posted by ScottyP on March 29th, 2019 @ 2:05pm CDT
Megatronus wrote:I blame sweaty man-hands.

Well said, Megatronus.
Re: Reports of Breakage and Easy Stressing for Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron (2016399)
Posted by Randomhero on March 29th, 2019 @ 2:35pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:
Megatronus wrote:I blame sweaty man-hands.

Well said, Megatronus.

Yeah I’m not gonna start blaming a toy until this is mass released and there are multiple reports. I’ve broken some just by applying too much force and pushing something that shouldn’t be pushed because I read instructions wrong.

Never blame QC until I hear 5-10 reports
Re: Reports of Breakage and Easy Stressing for Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron (2016400)
Posted by Randomhero on March 29th, 2019 @ 2:36pm CDT
Caelus wrote:Hopefully we can get a Siege-quality revisit of Beast Wars some day. The masterpieces are pretty, but I don't want to transform a Faberge egg.

We kinda have already. rhinox, rattrap, waspinator, Black arachnia. All pretty stop quality figures in the passed 5 years
Re: Reports of Breakage and Easy Stressing for Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron (2016403)
Posted by Black Hat on March 29th, 2019 @ 3:01pm CDT
Re: Reports of Breakage and Easy Stressing for Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron (2016407)
Posted by william-james88 on March 29th, 2019 @ 3:20pm CDT
Black Hat wrote:I'm hoping this is a Dinobot case where the early ones are hit-or-miss and later batches are much more solid. That said: Jesus, Takara, get your **** together. You better not screw up Blackarachnia.

I dont think there were later batches with Dinobot. Me and Ironhidensh got ours the same time. His was super solid and mine got his head broken off during transformation.
Re: Reports of Breakage and Easy Stressing for Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron (2016414)
Posted by noctorro on March 29th, 2019 @ 3:52pm CDT
Oh my gods, that looks terrible.

My sympathys go out to all who have ordered him.

I'm happy with my original Megatron (even with his dinky color scheme and face). Masterpieces look amazing, totally agree but I (30 something year old manchild) still plays with Transformers and transform a lot. So I don't collect Masterpieces anymore.

Broken Transformers, man one of my top 10 nightmares.
Re: Reports of Breakage and Easy Stressing for Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron (2016415)
Posted by Beachjezus on March 29th, 2019 @ 4:10pm CDT
Well that settles that. I will not be transforming him then. God that’s depressing
Re: Reports of Breakage and Easy Stressing for Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron (2016419)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 29th, 2019 @ 5:01pm CDT

320$US

Re: Reports of Breakage and Easy Stressing for Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron (2016421)
Posted by Ironhidensh on March 29th, 2019 @ 5:47pm CDT

Its way to damn early to be freaking out, my peeps.
Re: Reports of Breakage and Easy Stressing for Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron (2016422)
Posted by RustedCross on March 29th, 2019 @ 5:51pm CDT
Can we change the headline to "Report", instead of "Reports"?
I feel like we are jumping the gun here, just like we did recently with the "running change" on Siege Starscream.
Re: Reports of Breakage and Easy Stressing for Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron (2016423)
Posted by Epsilon Delta on March 29th, 2019 @ 6:25pm CDT

I was hoping for G1 style first part of trilogy, beast wars (with II, neo, and Transmetals all thrown in) then RID/Unicron trilogy revisits for the last part, when I first heard about it.
Re: Reports of Breakage and Easy Stressing for Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron (2016424)
Posted by william-james88 on March 29th, 2019 @ 6:29pm CDT
RustedCross wrote:Can we change the headline to "Report", instead of "Reports"?

If posting this means people are more likely to be careful and not break their toys, then I feel I have helped.
Re: Reports of Breakage and Easy Stressing for Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron (2016433)
Posted by sol magnus on March 29th, 2019 @ 7:32pm CDT
That ain't good.
Re: Reports of Breakage and Easy Stressing for Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron (2016434)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on March 29th, 2019 @ 7:34pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

320$US

$223 US.
Re: Reports of Breakage and Easy Stressing for Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron (2016437)
Posted by BATTLEMASTER IIC on March 29th, 2019 @ 8:11pm CDT
Re: Reports of Breakage and Easy Stressing for Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron (2016456)
Posted by DeathReviews on March 29th, 2019 @ 10:38pm CDT
Fortunately, I have no intention of getting this MP Beastwar Megatron, so I won't have to worry about paying boku bucks for a figure that will shatter after a couple days anyway.
Re: Reports of Breakage and Easy Stressing for Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron (2016461)
Posted by Burn on March 29th, 2019 @ 10:51pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
RustedCross wrote:Can we change the headline to "Report", instead of "Reports"?

But there's only been ONE report, but the way it's written makes it sound like there's been multiples, which at the time of me writing this, there hasn't been.
Re: Reports of Breakage and Easy Stressing for Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron (2016466)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on March 29th, 2019 @ 11:13pm CDT
Burn wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
RustedCross wrote:Can we change the headline to "Report", instead of "Reports"?

Well, if I was buying a $300+ figure, I'd rather know about any and all problem areas asap, so as to minimize any potential issues, but I see your point
Re: Reports of Breakage and Easy Stressing for Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron (2016468)
Posted by william-james88 on March 29th, 2019 @ 11:16pm CDT
BATTLEMASTER IIC wrote:If I'm going to spend that much money on a Transformer is better not break during transformation. I'm getting less enthusiastic about the MP line.

Did you see this pic of Dinobot?

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #234 - Hell in a Cel
"Hell in a Cel"
Posted: Sunday, November 10th, 2019

Buy "NEW Transformers Robots in Disguise Mini-Con Deployers Autobot Drift & Jetstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Vintage Soundwave And Rumble Lot" on EBAY
Buy "McDonalds 2016 Transformers Happy Meal Toy #6 STRONGARM MASK NIP SEALED! FREE SH" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Shockwave KO - Box Included - Transformers / Gobots - (G2 / RID / Armada)" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime - Transformers: Generations (War for Cybertron, 2010) Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 WARPATH Vintage Generations One Mini Bot Tank Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Siege Deluxe Class Autobot Hound" on EBAY
Buy "2009 Transformers Universe Robots in Disguise Masterpiece Skywarp 25 Years" on EBAY