Retailer Incentive Variant Cover for IDW Star Trek Vs. Transformers #3 by Megan Levens

Transformers News: Retailer Incentive Variant Cover for IDW Star Trek Vs. Transformers #3 by Megan Levens

Friday, August 24th, 2018 3:42AM CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 11,004

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

After yesterday's news in the form of solicitations for the IDW Publishing comic due out this November 2018, which you can see again here, we also have a variant cover released by the publisher for the third issue of the crossover mini-series of Star Trek vs Transformers!

The cover, with art by Megan Levens, features the all star cast of Arcee and Windblade with Star Trek’s Lieutenant Uhura, Nurse Chapel and Lieutenant M’Ress. Check it out mirrored below!

Klingons and Decepticons lay siege to a remote Federation dilithium mine-and the only thing holding them back is the shaky alliance of Captain Kirk and Optimus Prime. But what dark secret is buried beneath the ground... and can this uneasy partnership withstand the revelations?

The Transformers '80s cartoon series meets Star Trek: The Animated Series in a no-holds-barred Saturday Morning mash-up for the ages!


Transformers News: Retailer Incentive Variant Cover for IDW Star Trek Vs. Transformers #3 by Megan Levens
Credit(s): IDW
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Retailer Incentive Variant Cover for IDW Star Trek Vs. Transformers #3 by Megan Levens (1980341)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 24th, 2018 @ 4:28am CDT
Does Windblade's head design ever not look ridiculous and over doing it trying to be japanese when not?
Re: Retailer Incentive Variant Cover for IDW Star Trek Vs. Transformers #3 by Megan Levens (1980370)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on August 24th, 2018 @ 7:46am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Does Windblade's head design ever not look ridiculous and over doing it trying to be japanese when not?


Does Arcee's color layout ever not look like it's trying to be slooty?
Re: Retailer Incentive Variant Cover for IDW Star Trek Vs. Transformers #3 by Megan Levens (1980375)
Posted by RiddlerJ on August 24th, 2018 @ 8:16am CDT
Caelus wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Does Windblade's head design ever not look ridiculous and over doing it trying to be japanese when not?


Does Arcee's color layout ever not look like it's trying to be slooty?


ARCEE IS NOT A...Sloot? :???:
Re: Retailer Incentive Variant Cover for IDW Star Trek Vs. Transformers #3 by Megan Levens (1980382)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on August 24th, 2018 @ 8:58am CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:
Caelus wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Does Windblade's head design ever not look ridiculous and over doing it trying to be japanese when not?


Does Arcee's color layout ever not look like it's trying to be slooty?


ARCEE IS NOT A...Sloot? :???:


Slang from game modding, in which fans (usually male) edit the game so that certain characters (usually female) look 'slutty'.

Slooty outfits are designed with the intention of inviting or satisfying sexual interest, but are not chosen by the person wearing them.

So when a fictional character's appearance has been designed to be especially sexy - especially when that's not part of the character - it's slooty.

No canon depiction of Arcee has really seemed like the sort of person to go into battle wearing a two piece, but her colors are laid out to look that way. Unlike most Transformers, her lower leg is the same secondary color as her upper leg, so that she doesn't look like she's wearing boots, and her abdomen is also rendered - entirely - in her secondary color. And if it wasn't perfectly clear her secondary color is supposed to represent skin, artists often give her a belly button.

I'd be okay with it if Arcee's character was supposed to come off that way (like Black Arachnia), but her personality doesn't fit with the look, so it feels like she's been forced into a certain appearance to pander to the reader's sexual interests.
Re: Retailer Incentive Variant Cover for IDW Star Trek Vs. Transformers #3 by Megan Levens (1980384)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 24th, 2018 @ 9:04am CDT
Caelus wrote:
RiddlerJ wrote:
Caelus wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Does Windblade's head design ever not look ridiculous and over doing it trying to be japanese when not?


Does Arcee's color layout ever not look like it's trying to be slooty?


ARCEE IS NOT A...Sloot? :???:


Slang from game modding, in which fans (usually male) edit the game so that certain characters (usually female) look 'slutty'.

Slooty outfits are designed with the intention of inviting or satisfying sexual interest, but are not chosen by the person wearing them.

So when a fictional character's appearance has been designed to be especially sexy - especially when that's not part of the character - it's slooty.

No canon depiction of Arcee has really seemed like the sort of person to go into battle wearing a two piece, but her colors are laid out to look that way. Unlike most Transformers, her lower leg is the same secondary color as her upper leg, so that she doesn't look like she's wearing boots, and her abdomen is also rendered - entirely - in her secondary color. And if it wasn't perfectly clear her secondary color is supposed to represent skin, artists often give her a belly button.

I'd be okay with it if Arcee's character was supposed to come off that way (like Black Arachnia), but her personality doesn't fit with the look, so it feels like she's been forced into a certain appearance to pander to the reader's sexual interests.

This is the first I've heard of that theory...and wow, once you see it...
Re: Retailer Incentive Variant Cover for IDW Star Trek Vs. Transformers #3 by Megan Levens (1980388)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on August 24th, 2018 @ 9:16am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:This is the first I've heard of that theory...and wow, once you see it...


To be completely fair, many - perhaps most - Transformers use their secondary color for their thighs, and Windblade uses her secondary color (jet black) for her midriff as well, but with Arcee its the porcelain white color and the literal belly button that pushes it over the line from the campy superhero look to slooty.

Edit: Also to be fair, a person might be able to make the case that G1 Megatron is 'dressed' like a male stripper.
Re: Retailer Incentive Variant Cover for IDW Star Trek Vs. Transformers #3 by Megan Levens (1980390)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 24th, 2018 @ 9:19am CDT
Yeah the belly button really is a step too far.
Re: Retailer Incentive Variant Cover for IDW Star Trek Vs. Transformers #3 by Megan Levens (1980393)
Posted by Ig89ninja on August 24th, 2018 @ 9:26am CDT
Caelus wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:This is the first I've heard of that theory...and wow, once you see it...


To be completely fair, many - perhaps most - Transformers use their secondary color for their thighs, and Windblade uses her secondary color (jet black) for her midriff as well, but with Arcee its the porcelain white color and the literal belly button that pushes it over the line from the campy superhero look to slooty.

Edit: Also to be fair, a person might be able to make the case that G1 Megatron is 'dressed' like a male stripper.

Not to mention Windblade’s face is a different color than her secondary color
Re: Retailer Incentive Variant Cover for IDW Star Trek Vs. Transformers #3 by Megan Levens (1980402)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on August 24th, 2018 @ 9:52am CDT
Ig89ninja wrote:
Caelus wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:This is the first I've heard of that theory...and wow, once you see it...


To be completely fair, many - perhaps most - Transformers use their secondary color for their thighs, and Windblade uses her secondary color (jet black) for her midriff as well, but with Arcee its the porcelain white color and the literal belly button that pushes it over the line from the campy superhero look to slooty.

Edit: Also to be fair, a person might be able to make the case that G1 Megatron is 'dressed' like a male stripper.

Not to mention Windblade’s face is a different color than her secondary color


True, but even in her comic series she was said to be wearing make up, so you could debate what color her face really is. And sometimes Arcee's face and hands are a really faint pink, instead of the white used on her legs and midriff. In either case though, it's missing the forest for the trees; their overall looks evoke very different associations.
Re: Retailer Incentive Variant Cover for IDW Star Trek Vs. Transformers #3 by Megan Levens (1980839)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on August 27th, 2018 @ 9:41am CDT
Did we see images of the RI covers for issue 2?
Re: Retailer Incentive Variant Cover for IDW Star Trek Vs. Transformers #3 by Megan Levens (1985145)
Posted by Va'al on September 21st, 2018 @ 12:51am CDT
Courtesy, as is usually the case, of the iTunes pre-order page, we have a short preview of the next crossover miniseries experiment from IDW Publishing featuring our favourite transforming robots - in the form of Star Trek vs Transformers #1!

This first issue starts the Prime Directive story, as first explained and teased at San Diego Comic Con 2018, and the series as a whole will only last a handful of issues. So if you're in the market for something different happening in space, check it out below, and let us know your thoughts in the comments!

Star Trek vs. Transformers #1
John Barber and Others

The Transformers ‘80s cartoon series meets Star Trek: The Animated Series in a no-holds-barred Saturday Morning mash-up for the ages! At the edge of Klingon space, the Starship Enterprise finds there's more to the final frontier than meets the eye, when Kirk and his crew come face to face with the strangest life forms of all: Cybertronians! This unprecedented crossover brings together two of the greatest science fiction universes of all time—in the style of their classic animated series! A five-year mission meets a four-million-year war!

Category: Graphic Novels
Expected Release: Sep 30, 2018
Publisher: IDW Publishing
Seller: Idea and Design Works, LLC
Print Length: 29 Pages
Language: English


Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: Retailer Incentive Variant Cover for IDW Star Trek Vs. Transformers #3 by Megan Levens (1985153)
Posted by steve2275 on September 21st, 2018 @ 2:34am CDT
that is some GREAT looking art
Re: Retailer Incentive Variant Cover for IDW Star Trek Vs. Transformers #3 by Megan Levens (1985156)
Posted by Omegatron. on September 21st, 2018 @ 4:04am CDT
I'm looking forward to this, it seems like it will be really good.
Re: Retailer Incentive Variant Cover for IDW Star Trek Vs. Transformers #3 by Megan Levens (1985167)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 21st, 2018 @ 7:01am CDT
Is that Airachnid there, too?

Also:

Re: Retailer Incentive Variant Cover for IDW Star Trek Vs. Transformers #3 by Megan Levens (1985180)
Posted by ScottyP on September 21st, 2018 @ 8:21am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Is that Airachnid there, too?
Yep, fantastic cameo!
Re: Retailer Incentive Variant Cover for IDW Star Trek Vs. Transformers #3 by Megan Levens (1986429)
Posted by Ironhidensh on September 27th, 2018 @ 6:32pm CDT
"Oh my" :lol:
Re: Retailer Incentive Variant Cover for IDW Star Trek Vs. Transformers #3 by Megan Levens (1999256)
Posted by william-james88 on December 16th, 2018 @ 8:59pm CST
Star Trek vs Transformers artist Philip Murphy posted one of the most awesome Transformers tweets of the year. He posted his design of the USS Enterprise transformed into its robot form. The robot is called Fortress Tiberius and looks very much like you would expect with a name like that, sporting Fortress Maximus' head. Of course, this is just for the comic book series and not for any toyline, but it is an awesome design. The tweet says that we can see more of this in the upcoming Star trek vs Transformers #3.

It was an amazing opportunity to get the chance to design the ICONIC! Enterprise as a Transformer , if you want to see how Fortress Tiberius comes to be check out Star trek vs Transformers #3


Image
Re: Retailer Incentive Variant Cover for IDW Star Trek Vs. Transformers #3 by Megan Levens (1999257)
Posted by First-Aid on December 16th, 2018 @ 9:09pm CST
This needs to happen. Seriously, this NEEDS to happen. Someone make this happen.
Re: Retailer Incentive Variant Cover for IDW Star Trek Vs. Transformers #3 by Megan Levens (1999261)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on December 16th, 2018 @ 9:23pm CST
First-Aid wrote:This needs to happen. Seriously, this NEEDS to happen. Someone make this happen.

Seriously, why couldn't we have gotten this instead of the super crappy titan one from tr?

:BANG_HEAD:
Re: Retailer Incentive Variant Cover for IDW Star Trek Vs. Transformers #3 by Megan Levens (1999265)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 16th, 2018 @ 9:34pm CST
Issue #3 came out on the 5th. In its pages, this form was given the odd spelling of "Fortress Tiberious", when Kirk's Roman-based middle name is correctly spelled "Tiberius" like in this art.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Sergeant Kup and Flintlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Streetwise Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #222 - The Real Ghostbusters
Twincast / Podcast #222:
"The Real Ghostbusters"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, May 12th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "NEW Transformers DOTM Mudflap Mechtech Level 2 Intermediate Dark of Moon Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots 10, 2 Of Salvage, Chase, Boulder, Heatwave, & Hightide" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers lot leader optimus jetfire wheeljack DOTM ROTF Movie prime megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AXOR Hunt for the Decepticons Deluxe Class Sealed New in Package" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cliffjumper Cyberverse Legion" on EBAY
Buy "transformers lot human ROTF DOTM AOE TLK optimus megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Dark of The Moon Cyberverse OPTIMUS PRIME" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe Mighty Muggs BUMBLEBEE, OPTIMUS PRIME, SOUNDWAVE, MEGATRON" on EBAY