Retool Comparisons for Robots in Disguise Clash of the Transformers Exclusives

Retool Comparisons for Robots in Disguise Clash of the Transformers Exclusives

Friday, July 10th, 2015 10:22pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 20,749

While it seemed that a small coat of All Spark Blue and a faceplate for Bumblebee was the only difference between the 3 Step Exclusive Clash of the Transformers figures and the regular release, it seems like there was more retooling involved. From the pictures below, it seems Optimus also got a whole new headsculpt and at closer look, it seems the bodies are new shells. Look at Bumblebee's legs, and Optimus's shoulders for instance. While this subline and this class may not excite anyone but the most devoted fans, it is interesting to note that these are more than just simple repaints and are actually exclusive molds for Toysrus.

3 Step Bumblebee:

Transformers News: Retool Comparisons for Robots in Disguise Clash of the Transformers Exclusives

3 Step Optimus:

Credit(s): william-james88

Re: Retool Comparisons for Robots in Disguise Clash of the Transformers Exclusives (1709240)
Posted by King Kuuga on July 12th, 2015 @ 4:11pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:"Clash of the Transformers"

I like Burn's version better, even if it's less accurate.

Interesting to see that these Clash 3-Steps are actually unique toolings. I sincerely hope someone appreciates this.
Re: Retool Comparisons for Robots in Disguise Clash of the Transformers Exclusives (1709260)
Posted by william-james88 on July 12th, 2015 @ 5:29pm CDT
That Bot wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:"Clash of the Transformers"

I like Burn's version better, even if it's less accurate.

Yes me too. I dont know who would though since the fans dont care about these (havent met one who did yet), and I dont think parents or kids would notice anything beyond the color changes. It almost feels like a waste in a way. I wonder if the warrior figures are also as extensive in retooling as these.
Re: Retool Comparisons for Robots in Disguise Clash of the Transformers Exclusives (1709367)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 13th, 2015 @ 12:19am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
That Bot wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:"Clash of the Transformers"

I like Burn's version better, even if it's less accurate.

I care! At least about Prime. Although I think it's kinda pointless to redo that figure since the Mega scale one is out.

carytheone wrote:
Noideaforaname wrote:Man, Fixit has forever ruined how I view Legion figures...
He does indeed set the bar pretty high. He is more like a nice legends figure.

I think Windblade and Drift are horribly mis-transformed. Something tells me those wings fold up more and the hood on Drift comes down. I really wish they came with weapons though.

Re: Retool Comparisons for Robots in Disguise Clash of the Transformers Exclusives (1709377)
Posted by no-one on July 13th, 2015 @ 1:16am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I'd be all over that one-step RID Prime, if it wasn't part of a set of figures I already have.
I'm not very familiar with the quick changers, but prime reminds me of another one I've seen. Does he share a transformation/shell with anyone? I'd find it hard to believe a unique mold would be limited to a 6 pack and a single retailer.
Re: Retool Comparisons for Robots in Disguise Clash of the Transformers Exclusives (1709439)
Posted by no-one on July 13th, 2015 @ 9:27am CDT
Howdy fellow Seibertronians! Got a quick update on the Robots in Disguise 1 step collection. At the time the 6 pack was spotted, there was no price in the system. It is currently marked on shelves at $49.99. I did a quick price check to verify that was correct.

Re: Retool Comparisons for Robots in Disguise Clash of the Transformers Exclusives (1709545)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 13th, 2015 @ 1:49pm CDT
Re: Retool Comparisons for Robots in Disguise Clash of the Transformers Exclusives (1709551)
Posted by william-james88 on July 13th, 2015 @ 1:59pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:I like that legion Thunderhoof. I want a toy of him. Hasbro needs to show off the Warrior Megs, Hoof and Quill so I can see them. I am very interested in buying them! :BOT:

What scares me is they said in a recent interview that they had shown all the RID toys we will be getting this year and that makes very little sense to me. The only warrior class figures left to be in stores are the 2 repaints Bumblebee and Grimlock. 2 figures for the rest of the year?
Re: Retool Comparisons for Robots in Disguise Clash of the Transformers Exclusives (1709553)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on July 13th, 2015 @ 2:12pm CDT

Mega 3-Step Optimus Prime

to this:

Clash of the Transformers 3-Step Optimus Prime (Left)
Re: Retool Comparisons for Robots in Disguise Clash of the Transformers Exclusives (1709556)
Posted by william-james88 on July 13th, 2015 @ 2:15pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Wait, hang on a sec... Are we really getting two 3-Step Primes based on the same design? Compare this:

Mega 3-Step Optimus Prime

to this:

Clash of the Transformers 3-Step Optimus Prime (Left)

Yup! However, I keep being fascinated at the fact that the tooling is still different even if it is actually the same design. Hasbro could have retooled the Hyperchange 3-step and then upscaled it, but instead there are 3 different shells, two different classes and two different designs.
Re: Retool Comparisons for Robots in Disguise Clash of the Transformers Exclusives (1709557)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 13th, 2015 @ 2:16pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Well, that's unfortunate, the only characters that I actually liked were mostly decepticon (worlds will burn if I don't get a satisfactorily poseable deluxe thunderhoof) but it also seems strange that they said the decepticons were going to be made, but now they say this is the rest for the yearImage
Re: Retool Comparisons for Robots in Disguise Clash of the Transformers Exclusives (1709558)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 13th, 2015 @ 2:17pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Mega 3-Step Optimus Prime

to this:

Clash of the Transformers 3-Step Optimus Prime (Left)

And none of them are worth owning, or being called an 'action figure' :roll:
Re: Retool Comparisons for Robots in Disguise Clash of the Transformers Exclusives (1709560)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 13th, 2015 @ 2:21pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:And none of them are worth...being called a 'toy' :roll:
By that logic, same goes for every toy that ever existed in the days before action figures were invented. >:oP
Re: Retool Comparisons for Robots in Disguise Clash of the Transformers Exclusives (1709562)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 13th, 2015 @ 2:27pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Eh, always next year. I doubt America will see the season finale before Thanksgiving comes around. It may take them that long just to finish the series. Besides: I need a break. I still need Sides and Fix, not to mention the CW guys. Plus gotta buy Christmas gifts.

On a slightly related note: also got informed my college band was invited to London for the new years parade, so gotta figure the cost of that trip! Woo-Hoo! :BOT:
Re: Retool Comparisons for Robots in Disguise Clash of the Transformers Exclusives (1709564)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 13th, 2015 @ 2:28pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:And none of them are worth...being called a 'toy' :roll:

Except that all those other toys are satisfactory, these are immobile hunks of plastic that kids can wave around and then get bored of.
Re: Retool Comparisons for Robots in Disguise Clash of the Transformers Exclusives (1709565)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 13th, 2015 @ 2:30pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:And none of them are worth...being called a 'toy' :roll:

So were the majority of G1 toys and kids were plenty satisfied with them back then.
Re: Retool Comparisons for Robots in Disguise Clash of the Transformers Exclusives (1709568)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 13th, 2015 @ 2:35pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:And none of them are worth...being called a 'toy' :roll:

lol, at least they had more points of articulation than most of these hyper change things. That and you were able to engage with the toy by transforming it yourself.
Re: Retool Comparisons for Robots in Disguise Clash of the Transformers Exclusives (1709571)
Posted by william-james88 on July 13th, 2015 @ 2:40pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

They said decepticons are planned to be coming out eventually but that they wanted to start with the good guys first. They never gave a date for when the decepticons would arrive.
Re: Retool Comparisons for Robots in Disguise Clash of the Transformers Exclusives (1709574)
Posted by william-james88 on July 13th, 2015 @ 2:51pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:And none of them are worth...being called a 'toy' :roll:

I dont think it's our call to say what bores kids. Hasbro does their market research, they know what sells and what kids want. Them simplyfying TFs and having seperate simplified toys for the AOE line was because they had too many complaints about the toys being too difficult from their main target (kids and kids' parents). This plastic phone has as much play value as these toys and its still being made today:

I think the only reason for the negative criticism with these toys is that they are sold in the same aisle as the more advanced TFs. These are not made for us, but for younger kids. If they were in a younger kid section, like rescue bots, I dont think any fan would mind. Just like no one is saying how Hasbro is dumb for not making an MP Heatwave. Takara has played this super smart and has relegated all the simpler RID transformers to a completely seperate line so that fans are aware of what is for them (TAV) and what isnt (TED).

I still think these are better served in the TF aisle of course, since Parents will know to go there for TFs and then pic accordingly for their kid's age. And that comes at the cost of fans complaining about these toy's existence, which doesnt hurt anyone's profits anyway. It just makes reading the boards a bit less fun.
Re: Retool Comparisons for Robots in Disguise Clash of the Transformers Exclusives (1709575)
Posted by Cobotron on July 13th, 2015 @ 2:56pm CDT
:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:
everything Will just said, but LOUDER!!!
Re: Retool Comparisons for Robots in Disguise Clash of the Transformers Exclusives (1709585)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 13th, 2015 @ 3:35pm CDT
It's not like I'm against simplified transformers, I'm all for it, and grew up with many of the machine wars and basic bw figures, I still love them for being the perfect fusion of a cool action figure, and a fast change gimmick that still requires a bit of involvement to transform it back.

I love the new simplified line that is being found in countries outside of the U.S. These are both examples of 'simplified' transformers done correctly, the above is just, not. And I often wonder if the 'marketing dept' gave the kids a choice between this plastic trash and the large simple-formers, which would kids choose.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Exclusive Platinum Edition Action Figure Silver Knight Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Collaborative: Back to the Future Gigawatt Pre Sale!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Series Bumblebee & Starscream Hero Mashers Hasbro Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Steeljaw See pictures !" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Grimlock See pictures !" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Sideswipe & Bumblebee MIX LOT 3’" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS "GRIMLOCK" 20" STOMP & CHOMP FIGURE toy ROBOTS IN DISGUISE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Force Stuntwing & Bumblebee Robots in Disguise" on EBAY