This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Revenge of the Fallen Trailer may open with 007 Movie

Transformers News: Revenge of the Fallen Trailer may open with 007 Movie

Thursday, October 16th, 2008 11:44PM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Rumors
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 28,006

The Transformers Live Action Movie Blog has done some sleuth work in finding out exactly when the first teaser trailer for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen may be released.

According to the Blog, a report by AICN stated that the trailer would be released at the same time and run with the new Star Trek Movie trailer. They've now learned what movie that the Star Trek trailer will run with. That movie is the new James Bond flick Quantum of Solace.

So if you take the first report with the concurrent release of the two trailers, followed by the new information that the latter will be released with the new 007 movie, we can guess that thats when you'll get your first look at the upcoming sequel.

This new information supports our previous report that Michael Bay's Shoot For the Edit Forums Moderator Nelson stated that "November would be better [for a trailer release]" as opposed to the 2008 San Diego Comic Convention.

Check out the original article on this by clicking here.
Credit(s): Transformers Live Action Movie Blog

Re: Revenge of the Fallen Trailer may open with 007 Movie (814885)
Posted by JazZeke on October 16th, 2008 @ 11:49pm CDT
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Trailer may open with 007 Movie (814888)
Posted by dabattousai on October 17th, 2008 @ 12:01am CDT
Sweet, I am gonna fork over my $9 to see what looks to be an awesome 007 movie and stay to watch the whole movie along with this trailer.
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Trailer may open with 007 Movie (814899)
Posted by Savage on October 17th, 2008 @ 12:37am CDT
When does 007 hit theaters?
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Trailer may open with 007 Movie (814900)
Posted by Bumblebeast on October 17th, 2008 @ 12:37am CDT
I'll wait for the youtube then...
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Trailer may open with 007 Movie (814933)
Posted by Keeperofthespark on October 17th, 2008 @ 1:50am CDT
When does 007 hit theaters?

November 7th.
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Trailer may open with 007 Movie (814986)
Posted by Tigertrack on October 17th, 2008 @ 4:27am CDT
Actually, the 'Daniel Craig' Bond is very good. Casion Royale was excellent. I am hoping for more with Quantum, and will have cherries added on top if there are a Star Trek and a Transformers trailer attached.
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Trailer may open with 007 Movie (815000)
Posted by Josh on October 17th, 2008 @ 4:52am CDT
confirms the whole "November's the big push" comment Orci made on TFW awhile back

man...thatd be so sick...

November 14th would rock

not only would i be paying to see the new 007, but also the new Star Trek trailer and hopefully now TF2

that would be so awesome

Re: Revenge of the Fallen Trailer may open with 007 Movie (815026)
Posted by CJH on October 17th, 2008 @ 6:18am CDT
In the UK we get 007 on the 31st of October, this seems very soon for the teaser trailer! :D
I'll certainly be going to see 007, but I wonder if they have changed the trailer release for the UK; maybe we have to wait until Max Payne or something on the 14th?
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Trailer may open with 007 Movie (815091)
Posted by First-Aid on October 17th, 2008 @ 9:27am CDT
Prime...Optimus Prime.

Sweet...gonna see QUantum of Solace anyways so the Trek and TF trailers are a very sweet bonus.

On the Bond note, the last movie kept making references to "our organization". In the books it would have been SMERSH, but the movies had a completely different group. So...am I the only one half expecting the name SPECTRE to come up? 8)
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Trailer may open with 007 Movie (815110)
Posted by dragons on October 17th, 2008 @ 10:08am CDT

but ill go see the new 007 after casino royal feels to me the mvoie gets more action than just dull playing talking scenes
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Trailer may open with 007 Movie (815199)
Posted by Rocketeer on October 17th, 2008 @ 12:21pm CDT
Wow...

I was on the fence about whether to see Quantum Of Solace in the theaters or to wait for the DVD.
And now both the ROTF trailer and the Star Trek trailer are going to be shown with it?

Sign me up. :D
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Trailer may open with 007 Movie (815238)
Posted by Tigertrack on October 17th, 2008 @ 12:56pm CDT
dragons wrote:i found the casino royal boring but all i cought was then end when they play poker game mavrick movie playing poker made game morein teristing than the casino royal did felt like i was watchnig world poker tour i cant stand that show its mostly luck of the draw if you want in or out it takes no skill to play poker.

Yeah, you missed a lot. Probably the best part of the movie.
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Trailer may open with 007 Movie (815920)
Posted by Galvatron628 on October 18th, 2008 @ 4:59am CDT
JazZeke wrote:Crap. Bond movies suck and I'm not gonna fork over nine bucks to see the trailer and then walk out. Guess I'm gonna have to wait to see it.

Have you seen Casino Royale! That movie not only doesn't suck, its one of the BEST FREAKIN MOVIES EVER! i'm definitly seeing QOM first day it comes out, not for the Transformer trailer but for the bond movie too!
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Trailer may open with 007 Movie (816328)
Posted by JazZeke on October 18th, 2008 @ 8:12pm CDT
Cormaster628 wrote:

I saw the beginning, and it was basically the same formula as all Bond movies: Silver sports cars, laser watches, slutty women and remorseless killing. Pass.
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Trailer may open with 007 Movie (817012)
Posted by Chaoslock on October 19th, 2008 @ 4:50pm CDT
JazZeke wrote:
Cormaster628 wrote:

Sports car: only for a few minutes as cameo
Laser watches: Nope. It was missing a lot of high-tech gadgets, for the better of the movie.

Casino Royale put back James Bond movies on their original track, as written by Flemming. I hope Quantum will be as good as CR.
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Trailer may open with 007 Movie (817032)
Posted by JazZeke on October 19th, 2008 @ 5:02pm CDT
Chaoslock wrote:Sports car: only for a few minutes as cameo

IMO the gadgetry was the ONLY redeeming quality of the Bond movies. Otherwise it's just slutty women and remorseless killing, which appeals merely to the lowest common denominators of people. Total pass for me.
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Trailer may open with 007 Movie (817174)
Posted by Tigertrack on October 19th, 2008 @ 6:39pm CDT
JazZeke wrote:
Chaoslock wrote:Sports car: only for a few minutes as cameo

Judge it only when you have seen it. It is not the Roger Moore Bond, nor is it the Timothy Dalton, or any other. It was compelling, and interesting.

Masturbation jokes, and slapstick comedy could also be said to appeal to the lowest common denominator, forced battles with gratuitous fighting, like the TF movie.
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Trailer may open with 007 Movie (817250)
Posted by Galvatron628 on October 19th, 2008 @ 9:37pm CDT
Casino Royale was based directly off the book, which was the very first book written by Ian Flemming. It was a movie they wanted to do a long time ago, but Columbia Pictures snagged up the rights and made a horrible horrible comedy out of it instead. Columbia pictures eventually bought MGM therefore allowing the rights to Casino Royale back to MGM.

They mainly cased Daniel Craig because of his age. But I like his bond better than any other. He's not a pretty boy like the rest. He's tough. He's a smart ass. And he's young and naive more than anything. James Bond was supposed to be a special ops guy before becoming a 00 agent anyway, Craig is the first one where you can actually believe that.

I liked Casino Royale because it was a reboot, and it was very realistic. No over the top gadgets and no Q this time. There were gadgets, but they were more realistic ones. The bad ass sports car wasn't in the movie long, and didn't offer anything like re-inflatable tires, or missle launchers, etc.

It was directly based off a book, and also showed us why Bond is such a player, and why he can't take women seriously, etc. He falls in love and gets betrayed, then watches the woman he loves die in his arms. But she did leave him a tip behind via a text message with Mr. White's number. Bond tracks him down, and thats where the next movie starts.

I'm really looking forward to this movie. And on a side note, the game is looking like it might be the best bond game since Goldeneye 64
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Trailer may open with 007 Movie (817844)
Posted by Agent 007 on October 20th, 2008 @ 4:42pm CDT
sweet combining my two loves Bond and tfs WIN! 8) less than a month to go too! Thank god the Aston gets some film time the chase scene looks amazing. Pierce will always be the bond I grew up watching and is still my fav, but Creaig is a very close second. I'm going for the bond movie the tf trailer is a bonus.
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Trailer may open with 007 Movie (819579)
Posted by Keeperofthespark on October 22nd, 2008 @ 12:28pm CDT
Masturbation jokes, slapstick comedy coudl be said to appeal to the lowest common denominator, forced battles, with gratuitous fighting, like the TF movie.

As a fellow Transformers fan and a fan of the 2007 movie I find that statement to be incredibly offensive on all accounts, perhaps the most offensive I've seen on this site. Statements like that actually make me feel mad to be a fan of this franchise as it not only insults people who liked it on this site but also my own family, which loved it, as well as good freinds of mine.

Alright, maybe I was a being a bit of a pratt there as well as being a fanboy of the first movie, but seriously out of all the statments I've read regarding the first movie that is very low to say man.

But if liking the first does make me apart of the lowest common denomnator, then so be it. I'd rather watch a movie like TF and be very entetrained by it and enjoy it than be bored with a title like The Godfather.

Re: Revenge of the Fallen Trailer may open with 007 Movie (819811)
Posted by Agent 007 on October 22nd, 2008 @ 4:30pm CDT
JazZeke wrote:
Chaoslock wrote:Sports car: only for a few minutes as cameo

JazZeke that's not true at all. James Bond is well liked across the world and plenty of intelligent people find it a great way to escape reality. To wish that we could be like James Bond. If you actually watch Casino Royale you'll see that's hes more than a womanizer and a killer he's human like the rest of us. You havn't even see CR so keep your mouth shut. Then when u see it you can talk to us.
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Trailer may open with 007 Movie (820103)
Posted by JazZeke on October 23rd, 2008 @ 12:34am CDT
Keeperofthespark wrote:AS for this small argument you and JazZeke are having, who cares if he doesn't like Bond or Casino Royale? It's his opinion and he's given reasons why. There's no need to force yours on his. However I'd also take the time to rant on his "lowest common denominator" statement with Bond films.

Please don't misunderstand me. I said that remorseless killing and meaningless fornication are meant to appeal to the lowest common denominators of society. Admittedly I've seen only one Bond movie (a Peirce Brosnan one) all the way through and that was all it seemed to be about. If the other Bond movies are more than just that, then perhaps they aren't all that bad after all.
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Trailer may open with 007 Movie (820161)
Posted by Tigertrack on October 23rd, 2008 @ 5:53am CDT
JazZeke wrote:

It was my comment that you first took offense to and well, I'm sorry if you did, but I was saying that the TF movie was full of the same thing that Bond movies have: Sex, Violence, and predictable plot, etc. I enjoy TF #1, so does my wife, but for you to say my comment was the single worst ever on this site, well, you need some experience my friend.

And unfortunately what makes up the movie is true. It has low quality humor, big explosions, lack of character development and so forth.

Do I consider myself lowest common denominator of society, not usually, but I am a teacher, so it sometimes feels likes it.

But you should realize this is a formula many of your summer blockbusters try to use because these things appeal to the baser instincts of people, and are enjoyed by many in varying degrees obviously.

Correct, for anyone to judge you or your family, or friends based on a film is crazy, so statements that say films that contain this or that so they appeal only to this lower level of society is ludicrous as well. Generalizations always get folks in trouble.

I really do not care what you or JazZeke, or anyone else thinks about me. What I do care about is someone generalizing a whole group of people based upon seeing one movie.

There have been I believe 7 actors who have played Bond so far, Pierce Brosnan the most recent before Daniel Craig, but to make a judgement about the entire set of films and actors work based on one movie, and also about the people who watch Bond movies based on this one movie is insane!!!

An entire body of work is how one judges a person, or thing, not on one small piece. At least that is how it should be.

KOTS, I was not meaning to insult you or anyone you know, because I do not know you or them personally. I was drawing a comparison that hopefully JazZeke could see, but apparently it worked out poorly. Such is life sometimes.

But KOTS, you do need understand that there are all kinds of folks on the internet, and to take one person's opinion seriously like that, especially when you have never met the person, is not going to be really healthy for you--I think your comments at the end showed you came around to that line of thinking. But again, I meant no insult to you. If you know me, you know I have opinions, but I rarely force them onto another individual or make judgement calls on them simply because they may not agree with me. I don't know enough about anyone on the internet to know enough to do that.

Besides anyone who posts on here could never be a part of the 'lowest part of society' because they are a part of this community, where we work not just to enjoy, and share, but to educate one another in life's little foibles.

Peace between KOTS, JazZeke and myself please.
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Trailer may open with 007 Movie (820522)
Posted by Rocketeer on October 23rd, 2008 @ 4:42pm CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:Generalizations always get folks in trouble.

Isn't that a bit of a generalization? :P

Sorry, couldn't help it.
I'll go back to being quiet again.
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Trailer may open with 007 Movie (820704)
Posted by Keeperofthespark on October 23rd, 2008 @ 9:59pm CDT

I am again deeply sorry for all of this. I just have tendancy to take things very literally and sometimes see things in a different fashioned. I'm just no so mcuh a people person, and I can be a pretty big jerk on many occasions.
Re: Revenge of the Fallen Trailer may open with 007 Movie (820812)
Posted by Tigertrack on October 24th, 2008 @ 4:21am CDT
Keeperofthespark wrote:My deepest apologies tigertracks24, I will admit it that my last post was very mean spirited and very harsh to state. Forgive me but I've rarely come to this site now, I've mostly been on other websites where people go very far especially with the words "lowest common denominator" especially when it comes to entertainment. I went far too far with the whole "most offensive statement that I've seen" bit, and I'm very sorry for that, I don't wish to start a fight or create a threat to anybody, I might've just crossed those people I usuaully debate with and forgot about those on this site for a while especially people like you. It happens alot becuase it is the internet. That all said, I hope you can forgive me. JazZeke as well.

Thanks for the apology, but there was no reason. I think we've cleaned it up, and everybody is okay now. But really, the apology was nice, and sorry to have hurt your feelings. Was not my intention either.

:D

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIME DIRECTIVE #3 Vol 1 Dreamwave Comics 2002 G1 Autobots Mini-Bot"
Transformers PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "REVOLUTION TRANSFORMERS One-Shot Main Cover IDW Comics 2016 (CA) Matere 230124"
REVOLUTION TRANSFO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 SEP210484 4A (CA) Wilkins"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #8 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 0324IM293 8D (CA) Young"
TRANSFORMERS #8 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ALL HAIL MEGATRON #9 Cvr A IDW Comics 2009 9A (CA) Coller"
Transformers ALL H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAZINGER Z vs TRANSFORMERS TPB Comic Book Villagebooks Japan Manga NEW 231208G"
MAZINGER Z vs TRAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 7th ptg Cvr A Image Comics 2024 0424IM880 (CA) Bratukhin + Lokus"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #1 7t ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SHATTERED GLASS #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 1RI (CA) Milne 230305E"
Transformers SHATT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #43 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 MAR220502 43B (CA) Deer"
TRANSFORMERS #43 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #2 Cvr C IDW Comics 2022 FEB228624 2C SidVenBlu"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #13 Cover B IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA 13B (CA) Miyao JUL190684"
TRANSFORMERS #13 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #4 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 240614A"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #16 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Kaminski 231010L"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #19 Cover B IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 19B JAN200701"
TRANSFORMERS #19 C ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #354 - Identity Crisis