Review: Robots in Disguise Legion Windblade

Tuesday, January 26th, 2016 4:15pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 25,710

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Fellow Seibertronians, our old pal Chuck has dropped by to give us his thoughts and review of the new legion class Windblade! Enjoy the video below!

chuckdawg1999 wrote:This took longer than expected. For whatever reason Windblade is a hard to find figure, and unfortunately not really worth the effort of a hunt. Yes it's a Legion toy, but it's missing the spark that a figure like Thunderhoof has that makes it feel a little more dynamic. Transformation is solid, and both modes are far more stable than the Deluxe figure, but the current market price is way more than what the toy is worth. Hopefully Windblade and the rest of the wave will reach retail saturation soon.

Credit(s): chuckdawg1999


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Review: Robots in Disguise Legion Windblade (1759760)
Posted by Soraboo1030 on January 26th, 2016 @ 10:45pm CST
Those holes in the wings aren't for the little posts on the outside of the hands to fit into?
Seems like they'd fit in there to hide the arms a bit better?
Re: Review: Robots in Disguise Legion Windblade (1759762)
Posted by BumbleDouche on January 26th, 2016 @ 11:13pm CST
She's tiny! I've had bigger chunks of corn in my crap!

... Anyone remember that movie?
Re: Review: Robots in Disguise Legion Windblade (1759797)
Posted by Va'al on January 27th, 2016 @ 5:49am CST
Hasbro may not have shown up at the UK Toy Fair last weekend, but the EU section has its presence at the Nuremberg Toy Fair in Germany - and with that come their press releases about upcoming products on the European market (which have already been seen elsewhere). So far, all we have seen relates to the Transformers: Robots in Disguise line - as you can read in German below, with a quick translation from yours truly - but we do have additional info on the recently reported Hyper Surge Optimus, here named Gigawatt Optimus Prime. Read on below for more info and images!

Image

Image


Die Transformers Mini-Cons sind kleine Transformers, die sich im Handumdrehen verwandeln lassen. Die zahlreichen Charaktere sind bereits seit Staffel 1 fester Bestandteil der TV-Serie und direkt bereit für den Einsatz. Sie sind zudem auch in Form von Mini-Con Battle Packs erhältlich, inklusive einem Mini-Con, einer verwandelbaren Transformers-Figur sowie zahlreichen Ausrüstungsgegenständen.


Produkt: Transformers Robots in Disguise Minicons
Alter: ab 5 Jahren
Verfügbar ab: Januar 2016

Produkt: Transformers Robots in Disguise
Mini-Cons Battle Pack
Alter: ab 5 Jahren
Verfügbar ab: Januar 2016


Va'al quick translation wrote:Small, one-step transformations. As seen in the animated series, ready for battle. Also come in Battle Packs, with armour pieces and a Transformer figure.


Image
NOTE: This is the TAKARA TAV50 IMAGE. No Hasbro image available yet.


Der Gigawatt-Optimus Prime aus der bekannten TV-Serie „Robots in Disguise“ verwandelt das Kinderzimmer in eine aktiongeladene Transformers-Welt. In sieben Transformationsschritten wird er vom coolen Truck zum Roboter. Zusammen mit dem enthaltenen Mini-Con entfaltet der Autobot dann seine ganzen Kräfte. Steckt man ihn an Optimus an, aktivieren sich Sound- und Lichteffekte. Dynamische Flugsounds bei Bewegung sowie adaptierbare Flügel und Laser-Kanonen komplettieren den Spielspaß des Gigawatt Optimus Prime.


Produkt: Transformers Robots in Disguise Gigawatt Optimus Prime
Alter: ab 5 Jahren
Verfügbar ab: Herbst / Winter 2016


Va'al quick translation wrote:Transform your play area into an action-packed world. Seven step conversion. Mini-cons included to activate light and sound effects. Flight sounds when moving and posable wings and laser guns.
Re: Review: Robots in Disguise Legion Windblade (1759874)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 27th, 2016 @ 9:58am CST
Gigawatt :lol: :-D :BOT:
Re: Review: Robots in Disguise Legion Windblade (1759875)
Posted by Cobotron on January 27th, 2016 @ 10:01am CST
Giga Waaaaaaaaaaatt?!? :lol:

Those first Minicons look fun.
Re: Review: Robots in Disguise Legion Windblade (1759886)
Posted by Microraptor on January 27th, 2016 @ 10:38am CST
Image


Yay weapon Slipstream!
Re: Review: Robots in Disguise Legion Windblade (1759893)
Posted by ScottyP on January 27th, 2016 @ 10:52am CST
Yeah, the Windblade legion toy is hot garbage. Huge disappointment, just like the character's depiction in the show.
Re: Review: Robots in Disguise Legion Windblade (1759916)
Posted by william-james88 on January 27th, 2016 @ 11:33am CST
Cobotron wrote:Giga Waaaaaaaaaaatt?!? :lol:

Those first Minicons look fun.


Well at least its cool to know Hasbro is releasing a big Optimus that has more articulation.
Re: Review: Robots in Disguise Legion Windblade (1759924)
Posted by Cobotron on January 27th, 2016 @ 11:59am CST
william-james88 wrote:
Cobotron wrote:Giga Waaaaaaaaaaatt?!? :lol:

Those first Minicons look fun.


Well at least its cool to know Hasbro is releasing a big Optimus that has more articulation.


Indeed! Do we know how big he is? Are we assuming Leader? Voyager?
Re: Review: Robots in Disguise Legion Windblade (1759927)
Posted by william-james88 on January 27th, 2016 @ 12:03pm CST
Cobotron wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Cobotron wrote:Giga Waaaaaaaaaaatt?!? :lol:

Those first Minicons look fun.


Well at least its cool to know Hasbro is releasing a big Optimus that has more articulation.


Indeed! Do we know how big he is? Are we assuming Leader? Voyager?


I am assuming leader based on the price point found in the listing.
Re: Review: Robots in Disguise Legion Windblade (1759929)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on January 27th, 2016 @ 12:05pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Cobotron wrote:Giga Waaaaaaaaaaatt?!? :lol:

Those first Minicons look fun.


Well at least its cool to know Hasbro is releasing a big Optimus that has more articulation.


Indeed! Do we know how big he is? Are we assuming Leader? Voyager?


I am assuming leader based on the price point found in the listing.


Well he'd better look at leat 6.72x better than that pic if they're going to be asking some unreasonable price for it, cuz I definitely won't pay for the unpainted lump in that pic >:oP
Re: Review: Robots in Disguise Legion Windblade (1759932)
Posted by william-james88 on January 27th, 2016 @ 12:07pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Cobotron wrote:Giga Waaaaaaaaaaatt?!? :lol:

Those first Minicons look fun.


Well at least its cool to know Hasbro is releasing a big Optimus that has more articulation.


Indeed! Do we know how big he is? Are we assuming Leader? Voyager?


I am assuming leader based on the price point found in the listing.


Well he'd better look at leat 6.72x better than that pic if they're going to be asking some unreasonable price for it, cuz I definitely won't pay for the unpainted lump in that pic >:oP


Hasbro doesnt care what you think. They are already asking you to pay 50$ for this:

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Robo ... B00SOFZFBM
Re: Review: Robots in Disguise Legion Windblade (1759942)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on January 27th, 2016 @ 12:23pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Cobotron wrote:Giga Waaaaaaaaaaatt?!? :lol:

Those first Minicons look fun.


Well at least its cool to know Hasbro is releasing a big Optimus that has more articulation.


Indeed! Do we know how big he is? Are we assuming Leader? Voyager?


I am assuming leader based on the price point found in the listing.


Well he'd better look at leat 6.72x better than that pic if they're going to be asking some unreasonable price for it, cuz I definitely won't pay for the unpainted lump in that pic >:oP


Hasbro doesnt care what you think. They are already asking you to pay 50$ for this:

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Robo ... B00SOFZFBM


I know they don't which is why they don't get much of my money, once cw is done, I won't be getting many of their figures >:oP
Re: Review: Robots in Disguise Legion Windblade (1759945)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 27th, 2016 @ 12:26pm CST
Microraptor wrote:Image


Yay weapon Slipstream!

Hot tamales! You're right! Minicons weapons!!! :BOT:
Re: Review: Robots in Disguise Legion Windblade (1759946)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on January 27th, 2016 @ 12:27pm CST
william-james88 wrote:Hasbro doesnt care what you think.


Hasbro doesn't care what anyone thinks! they're only in it for the money >:oP
Re: Review: Robots in Disguise Legion Windblade (1759955)
Posted by william-james88 on January 27th, 2016 @ 12:59pm CST
Stuartmaximus wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Hasbro doesnt care what you think.


Hasbro doesn't care what anyone thinks! they're only in it for the money >:oP


Thats not entirely true either. If they really didnt care at all things would be way more different than they are now. There would be no nods to G1, and they wouldnt even bother getting the MPs stateside. And thats just one small part of it.

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Hot tamales! You're right! Minicons weapons!!! :BOT:


I dont see it. I am looking at the pic hard and aside from a few jokes I could make about how the kids are acting, I am not noticing anything nee about the toys aside from the decos. What am I missing here? What weapon?
Re: Review: Robots in Disguise Legion Windblade (1759956)
Posted by Deadput on January 27th, 2016 @ 1:01pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Hot tamales! You're right! Minicons weapons!!! :BOT:


I dont see it. I am looking at the pic hard and aside from a few jokes I could make about how the kids are acting, I am not noticing anything nee about the toys aside from the decos. What am I missing here? What weapon?



In the mobile game for rid aside from Minicons that turn into Sawblades, Torpedos and Cyclones there is a 4th class of minicons called weapons that transform into weapons.


I see one of the molds from that game in the toy photo so that's what they are.


It's not Minicons holding weapons it's minicons that become weapons.
Re: Review: Robots in Disguise Legion Windblade (1759958)
Posted by william-james88 on January 27th, 2016 @ 1:04pm CST
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
I see one of the molds from that game in the toy photo so that's what they are.


Which one, I dont see it.
Re: Review: Robots in Disguise Legion Windblade (1759959)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 27th, 2016 @ 1:04pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Hot tamales! You're right! Minicons weapons!!! :BOT:


I dont see it. I am looking at the pic hard and aside from a few jokes I could make about how the kids are acting, I am not noticing anything nee about the toys aside from the decos. What am I missing here? What weapon?

Look at the Slipstream on the right there. He has drill attachments on his back. and the mobile game said that we would be getting minicons who turn into weapons (and we've seen a few before) and slipstream was mentioned as a possible weapon minicon

He is the second one in from the right :BOT:
Re: Review: Robots in Disguise Legion Windblade (1760557)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 29th, 2016 @ 1:01am CST
Fellow Seibertronians, thanks to the TFwiki Fans Facebook page, we now have in hand images of the 2016 wave 2 RiD Minicon battlepacks! The sets include Bumblebee vs. Major Mayhem and Grimlock vs. Back. Check out the images below, and sound off in the comments section regarding these new battlepacks!

Edit: We also have in-package images courtesy of our very own site owner Seibertron!

Grimlock vs. Back
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Bumblebee vs. Major Mayhem:
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster and Twin Cast (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Trailbreaker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
Twincast / Podcast #270:
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "transformers tfcc tfss 1.0 Breakdown" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Blackout Cyberverse Legends" on EBAY
Buy "TFCC funpub 2013 Transformers club membership Depthcharge Depth Charge botcon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Reveal the Shield 'G2' Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers  Collectors Club Dion - Sealed Unopened with instructions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G2 Reveal the Shield Deluxe Optimus Prime MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "2009 Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen Deluxe Bludgeon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TLK Skullitron NEW MISB - TRU Exclusive" on EBAY