Revoltech Teases DOTM Optimus Prime Figure

Revoltech Teases DOTM Optimus Prime Figure

Sunday, May 22nd, 2011 2:48pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 82,156

Cybergundam Blog has shared with us a magazine scan showing two upcoming releases for the Revoltech line by Kaiyodo. While the article itself seems to be more about a Revoltech Ironman 2 Warmachine, we do get to see the back and accessories of another Revoltech figure- one resembling the Dark of the Moon design of Movieverse Optimus Prime.
We have mirrored the image for your viewing pleasure.

For those that do not know, Revoltech is a line of action figures by Japanese toy company Kaiyodo based around the "Revolver joint system" which allows for a wide range of movement. Revoltech as a line has many different sub-lines based on different properties, Alien, Toy Story, Macross, and Transformers.
The Revoltech Transformers are non-transformable but highly pose-able and detailed figures and are usually based on the Pat Lee designs from the Dreamwave comics.
This is the second not-G1 Optimus Prime figure planed for the Revoltech Transformers line, the other being based of the Transformers Energon design and as to date still unreleased.

You can click here to see the seibertron.com galleries of previous Transformers Revoltech figures.

Credit(s): LOST Cybertronian, Cybergundam

This article was last modified on Sunday, May 22nd, 2011 3:13pm CDT

Re: Revoltech Teases DOTM Optimus Prime Figure (1226816)
Posted by Jacob P. Galvatron on May 22nd, 2011 @ 2:54pm CDT
This only reminds me that I'm behind on Revoltechs.
A new Optimus would be really cool though.
Re: Revoltech Teases DOTM Optimus Prime Figure (1226833)
Posted by PrymeStriker on May 22nd, 2011 @ 3:20pm CDT
Re: Revoltech Teases DOTM Optimus Prime Figure (1226845)
Posted by Fistful of Energon on May 22nd, 2011 @ 3:36pm CDT
Gyrotron wrote:Revoltech somewhat reminds me of Robot Replicas. Just not as awesomely articulated. (Triple A)

Actually Revoltech are VERY articulated, more so than Robot Replicas.
Re: Revoltech Teases DOTM Optimus Prime Figure (1226847)
Posted by PrymeStriker on May 22nd, 2011 @ 3:39pm CDT
Fistful of Energon wrote:

Actually Revoltech are VERY articulated, more so than Robot Replicas.

Yes I said Revoltech is better than Robot Replicas. If you didn't understand that, I edited it so it's simpler.
Re: Revoltech Teases DOTM Optimus Prime Figure (1226870)
Posted by kirbenvost on May 22nd, 2011 @ 4:44pm CDT
Jacob P. Galvatron wrote:This only reminds me that I'm behind on Revoltechs.
A new Optimus would be really cool though.

I'll sell you my TF Revoltechs.
Re: Revoltech Teases DOTM Optimus Prime Figure (1226876)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on May 22nd, 2011 @ 5:19pm CDT
It's a shame they never got around to releasing that Grand Convoy, in my opinion he was the best looking out of the bunch, either because he wasn't Pat Lee styled or because I'm so used to him looking like a lardo. :lol:

here's an image for those who haven't seen him.

Re: Revoltech Teases DOTM Optimus Prime Figure (1226888)
Posted by Fistful of Energon on May 22nd, 2011 @ 5:47pm CDT
Gyrotron wrote:
Fistful of Energon wrote:

Actually Revoltech are VERY articulated, more so than Robot Replicas.

It was how you worded it, I understood it fine.
Re: Revoltech Teases DOTM Optimus Prime Figure (1226894)
Posted by PrymeStriker on May 22nd, 2011 @ 5:53pm CDT
Fistful of Energon wrote:
Gyrotron wrote:
Fistful of Energon wrote:

Actually Revoltech are VERY articulated, more so than Robot Replicas.

It was how you worded it, I understood it fine.

Well, I edited. Moving on...
Re: Revoltech Teases DOTM Optimus Prime Figure (1226900)
Posted by Blurrz on May 22nd, 2011 @ 6:07pm CDT
I'll stick to building the Dual Model Kits!
Re: Revoltech Teases DOTM Optimus Prime Figure (1226908)
Posted by Fistful of Energon on May 22nd, 2011 @ 6:25pm CDT
Im actually pretty anxious to see how this turns out. The last (and only) Prime Revoltech looks amazing on the shelf, though does have his flaws. Namely those shoulder joints :SICK:

hope he comes with a stand for some epic in air poses! especially if he has a jetwing pack :grin:
Re: Revoltech Teases DOTM Optimus Prime Figure (1226937)
Posted by TimothyR on May 22nd, 2011 @ 7:43pm CDT
this looks like it'll be great for those who can't afford, or don't want the dual model kit prime.

i'll stick with the dual model. but this does look cool. i own starscream and hot rod, they're both awesome.. though i'm interested to see how all of that detail is going to turn out.
Re: Revoltech Teases DOTM Optimus Prime Figure (1226951)
Posted by Jacob P. Galvatron on May 22nd, 2011 @ 8:32pm CDT
kirbenvost wrote:
Jacob P. Galvatron wrote:This only reminds me that I'm behind on Revoltechs.
A new Optimus would be really cool though.

I'll sell you my TF Revoltechs.

Naw, I'm good, but thanks for the offer.
Re: Revoltech Teases DOTM Optimus Prime Figure (1226972)
Posted by yongkykun on May 22nd, 2011 @ 9:35pm CDT
Wow, it has guns! It's a shame that the dual model kit doesn't come with guns. But the blades are translucent, so it's a huge plus in my book.
Re: Revoltech Teases DOTM Optimus Prime Figure (1226976)
Posted by DJLazer on May 22nd, 2011 @ 9:57pm CDT
Gyrotron wrote:Revoltech somewhat reminds me of Robot Replicas. Although, Revoltech is more awesomely articulated.

I know right
Re: Revoltech Teases DOTM Optimus Prime Figure (1227053)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on May 23rd, 2011 @ 4:29am CDT
I will DEFINITELY get this guy ! Why? Cause it will totally be in scale with my Voyager Megatron :D. Well that is considering he is still in a normal revoltech scale xP.
Re: Revoltech Teases DOTM Optimus Prime Figure (1227103)
Posted by Samsonator on May 23rd, 2011 @ 8:49am CDT
I'm all for Revoltech doing more TFs. Highly detailed versions of the movieverse stuff is always appreciated as far as I'm concerned. Like the Prime Dual Model Kit, I'll be all over this.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS WFC E24 SKYLYNX E11 OPTIMUS PRIME" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire & Aimless" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Triggerhappy & Blowpipe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Timelines Collectors Club TFCC Runabout and Runamuck" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Windblade complete G1 LG-12 Takara Generations US SELLER" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Cliffjumer MOSC Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition RID Starscream Deluxe Class Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Legends LG-37 LG37 JAGUAR RAVAGE Legends Titans return" on EBAY