RF-005 – Nebulous Tempest Upgrade Kits: Now Accepting Orders

RF-005 – Nebulous Tempest  Upgrade Kits: Now Accepting Orders

Friday, May 27th, 2011 12:36am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 37,227

Seibertron.com member Venksta's garage kit company Renderform is now accepting orders for the first batch of RF-005 – Nebulous Tempest Upgrade Kits. The set is designed to give Universe Darkwind his own unique look rather than just being a straight repaint of Universe Silverbolt.

Before ordering, please be sure to fully read Venksta's disclaimers about a known QC issue.

Click here to order!

Credit(s): Renderform

This article was last modified on Friday, May 27th, 2011 12:58am CDT

Re: RF-005 – Nebulous Tempest Upgrade Kits: Now Accepting Orders (1229282)
Posted by El Duque on May 27th, 2011 @ 12:38am CDT
It Is Him wrote:
Venksta wrote:
It Is Him wrote:Doh! I didn't know it was today they'd go up.

Theres still plenty left in this first batch.

Great! I just put my order in, and actually... I did it twice, I think may have put my e-mail address in wrong the first time, so I did it again. Sorry for the double order :-(

Venksta wrote:At the rate their going, there should be enough to leave ordering open until Saturday.

Or until a news mod puts up a notice on the front page :KREMZEEK:

You rang?
Re: RF-005 – Nebulous Tempest Upgrade Kits: Now Accepting Orders (1229284)
Posted by bvzxa on May 27th, 2011 @ 12:40am CDT
I love it. Damn it looks nice. Brings me back to the late eighties when I was gettin too old for toys and I bought some anyway.

Though I will say I like the original face too. The way it's painted actually made him look different than Silverbolt. Still right now I'm holding out until I get my FP fix done.
Re: RF-005 – Nebulous Tempest Upgrade Kits: Now Accepting Orders (1229308)
Posted by dinogeist on May 27th, 2011 @ 1:48am CDT
Venksta wrote:
It Is Him wrote:Doh! I didn't know it was today they'd go up.

Theres still plenty left in this first batch. At the rate their going, there should be enough to leave ordering open until Saturday.

I placed a order on thw web site at around today at around 11:54 pm on 05/26/2011.

This is my first time placing a order. when does my email arrive telling me to send a paypal payment of $35?

I really want this kit as the head & guns look awesome.
Re: RF-005 – Nebulous Tempest Upgrade Kits: Now Accepting Orders (1229325)
Posted by and2ng on May 27th, 2011 @ 3:34am CDT

Yea, my id is the same as my paypal/email, and my order number is 0289.
Re: RF-005 – Nebulous Tempest Upgrade Kits: Now Accepting Orders (1229334)
Posted by dinogeist on May 27th, 2011 @ 4:09am CDT
and2ng wrote:Place my order a couple of hours ago or so. I've since received the invoice and have paid for the order. Thanks for the swift service, Venksta!

Yea, my id is the same as my paypal/email, and my order number is 0289.

thanks,I also placed a order orders ago & received a invoice in my email a few minutes ago. I paid for the order.

Thanks.
Re: RF-005 – Nebulous Tempest Upgrade Kits: Now Accepting Orders (1229396)
Posted by GetRightRobot on May 27th, 2011 @ 8:36am CDT
Out of the loop again! I'm working a RIDICULOUS job right now! If there is to be another btch after Botcon, is there anyway to "pre-order"? I absolutely love this set! I would much rather give my money to Renderform itself, as opposed to someone on Ebay. This is a great set, please keep us posted on another release! PLEASE!
Re: RF-005 – Nebulous Tempest Upgrade Kits: Now Accepting Orders (1229397)
Posted by Crimson87 on May 27th, 2011 @ 8:36am CDT
Wow,I checked yesterday evening and this wasn't here, I woke up to check the page this morning first thing to finally find this in the news and come to find out it sold out already.

That's faster than botcon exclusives or even the Hasbro toy shop exclusives. And by exclusives I mean anything labeled generations in their store.

Its too bad... i wanted one.

wish this could have become news before they sold out.

peace.
Re: RF-005 – Nebulous Tempest Upgrade Kits: Now Accepting Orders (1229404)
Posted by Rated X on May 27th, 2011 @ 8:53am CDT

Why did he not specify "AM" on his site ??? He forgot that not all people use military time in their daily lives. Try telling a hot chick to meet you at the bar at 1830 and see how far you get. :lol:

I hope he takes pre-orders for the next batch. I cant be the only guy who misunderstood the timing.
Re: RF-005 – Nebulous Tempest Upgrade Kits: Now Accepting Orders (1229415)
Posted by El Duque on May 27th, 2011 @ 9:12am CDT
When I posted this to the front page there were still sets available, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

This was the first batch, and only 50 were available. The total run is 350 according to the website. So there should be more available at some point, you just need to keep an eye on the Renderform website, as I'm not sure if we will news subsequent releases.
Re: RF-005 – Nebulous Tempest Upgrade Kits: Now Accepting Orders (1229418)
Posted by GetRightRobot on May 27th, 2011 @ 9:14am CDT

I feel you, I wasn't even aware of a schedule, I just happened to have some pc access today and missed it. This set would is must for myself. I love head and weapon upgrades! :BANG_HEAD:
Re: RF-005 – Nebulous Tempest Upgrade Kits: Now Accepting Orders (1229490)
Posted by Prime Evil on May 27th, 2011 @ 11:10am CDT
Rated X wrote:It says orders stopped !!! I thought he was opening orders up at 630 PST which means 930 EST ??? What happened ??? He changed the time to 630 AM :sad:

Notification went up like normal last nite at 9:38 est which is 6:38 pst. So if anything, he was off by 8 minutes. I got my order in as soon as I saw he posted it on facebook.
Re: RF-005 – Nebulous Tempest Upgrade Kits: Now Accepting Orders (1229534)
Posted by r3devi7 on May 27th, 2011 @ 12:21pm CDT
Nice set. but it makes me wonder, what about Universe 'Powerglide' and 'Storm Cloud?' They have the same head, I look forward to one or both of those getting an upgrade set!
Re: RF-005 – Nebulous Tempest Upgrade Kits: Now Accepting Orders (1229622)
Posted by Venksta on May 27th, 2011 @ 4:23pm CDT
Hey guys. First off, I apologize for my error on the date. It was always meant to be Thursday, May 26th, when the first batch would go up for order. I didn't notice I put 27th down on my website. If you read the previous posts on my website, I made an update on Wednesday, giving a reminder that the first batch would go for sale "tomorrow", which was the 26th. And as I stated, the order page it self went live at 6:30pm PST. I took a couple extra minutes after to fix some wordings in the order page, before posting a new entry in the front page to alert people to the order page going up. There were people who were already trying and successfully placed orders by 6:31 pm PST.

After the fast selling out of the RF-004 kits, I did my best not to repeat that mistake and give people plenty of time to have chances for RF-005. Even though this first chance didn't go too well for some of you, I will still have at least 2 more batches available later on my website for this kit. Plus, I'll have a special version for sale at BotCon. If you want a RF-005 kit, please keep track of the updates on my website. Or better yet, the Renderform facebook page. The next batch will have a one week notice, with a different time and day of the week.

For those who have messaged me, and asked to place an order directly. I will ask that you wait for the next batch. Otherwise, I have to permanently open orders for the rest of the remaining kits. I feel a lot of people would not like that either.
Re: RF-005 – Nebulous Tempest Upgrade Kits: Now Accepting Orders (1229632)
Posted by redguyver on May 27th, 2011 @ 4:47pm CDT
Man I swear, I have the worst luck! I work 3a.m. to 12p.m. pacific time. and just saw the post on seibertron.com , and was like SWEET! i am so getting this! but the order page is down! I am gonna have to try to keep up with rendy's facebook page more often...SO are they sold out for the first batch?! I had my heart set on this for like a year! :BANG_HEAD: By the Way your work is the shiznet! i love it .
Re: RF-005 – Nebulous Tempest Upgrade Kits: Now Accepting Orders (1230099)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on May 28th, 2011 @ 8:25pm CDT
redguyver wrote:SO are they sold out for the first batch?

Yes they are.

Now I need to find someone to hook me up with the BotCon set :grin:
Re: RF-005 – Nebulous Tempest Upgrade Kits: Now Accepting Orders (1231600)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on June 1st, 2011 @ 6:40am CDT
Seibertron.com member Venksta's garage kit company Renderform will be at Botcon with a special edition RF-005 kit, it has two additional mini translucent purple guns. It's limited to 65 sets and will cost $40.

He will also have RF-007 which is a new weapons set, consisting of a sheild and sword. It is limited to 150 sets and is free. He will also have a random 2-pack weapon set with random colored guns for sale, while at botcon.

Renderform wrote:I’ll be at botcon this week. I’m bringing a limited special edition RF-005 kit. This version is limited to 65 sets, and will cost $40. It includes everything the regular set version comes with, with an additional two mini translucent purple guns. Due to my schedule before Botcon, I will only have 40 to 50 sets made. I will have a set amount on me from Friday to Sunday. These are available to anyone, but limited to one per person. If I have extras left on Sunday, people can buy multiples then. You can check out photos below of the two miniguns with the figure.

I would also like to introduce RF-007, a new weapons set, consisting of a sword and shield. I will have a translucent blue version at botcon, in limited numbers. This version is limited to 150 sets. It is also free! I will have around 40-50 sets during friday to sunday. Photos below of the weapons set.

Since the RF-007 set is free, I will put two rules on it’s give away. It will be one per person, during the entire convention. As well, if you buy a RF-005S kit, you will not be eligible for a RF-007 kit. As the extra mini gun for the RF-005S is a bonus itself. So for those that are not interested in a RF-005S, feel free to ask for the RF-007 kit, if you like.

As well, I’ll have a random 2 pack weapons set, with random colored guns for sale, while at botcon. These packs will be $5. Photos below of some of the guns you can expect.

I’ll be hanging around the convention during the weekend, and might be at the parts trading party. I’ll have a black bag with me, with a render of Darkwind on one side, and a “RF” logo on the other. Photos below of that as well, to help spot me.

Also, during this week, I will not be able to reply to messages and emails due to limited internet access. I will catch up on that next week after the convention. Sorry for any inconvenience. Thanks, and hope to meet you at botcon!

Venksta's Bag Of Goodies

Samples Of 2-pack Weapon Sets

RF-007

RF-005s

Seibertron: The Ultimate Transformers Resource
Re: RF-005 – Nebulous Tempest Upgrade Kits: Now Accepting Orders (1231611)
Posted by Counterpunch on June 1st, 2011 @ 7:17am CDT
Damn, I'd really like to get in on some of that clear plastic stuff.

Looks great!
Re: RF-005 – Nebulous Tempest Upgrade Kits: Now Accepting Orders (1231619)
Posted by Prime Evil on June 1st, 2011 @ 7:37am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:Damn, I'd really like to get in on some of that clear plastic stuff.

Looks great!

Ditto! WTF!! The one Botcon I don't get out to and there are garage kits and 3rd party products out the wahzoo!!

I'd really like the set of extra guns.
Re: RF-005 – Nebulous Tempest Upgrade Kits: Now Accepting Orders (1231627)
Posted by Rated X on June 1st, 2011 @ 8:12am CDT
Cool. I cant wait !!!
Re: RF-005 – Nebulous Tempest Upgrade Kits: Now Accepting Orders (1231632)
Posted by Astronopolis on June 1st, 2011 @ 8:22am CDT
Damn no wonder Venksta's order page has been down so long, these look great! I'm a little surprised that the Darkwing kit didn't get the powermaster this round although i really dont know how much work is involved in doing something like that!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #253 - Danger Zone
"Danger Zone"
Posted: Sunday, June 21st, 2020

Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron: Siege Battle Masters Lionizer Act..." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron: Siege Deluxe Class Autobot Hound ..." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bot, Brushfire ATV Action Figure Hasbro Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TFCC RAMJET Botcon 2016 Collectors Club Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Legends RODIMUS Bumblebee Soundwave WALMART Exclusive MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Lot Starscream, Hound, Ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Rescue Bots Cody Burns Graham Burns Kade Burns Human Figure Lot (4)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool Electronic Heatwave The Fire-Bot, Cody Burns" on EBAY