Robot Mode Images of BTS-04 Soundwave

Robot Mode Images of BTS-04 Soundwave

Thursday, February 10th, 2011 11:03pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 50,774

Robot mode images of the BTS-04 Soundwave based on Guido Guidi's concept drawings have surfaced. The figure, still in it's prototype stage, is partially revealed. Unfortunately there are no clear shots of the figure's head. It appears the figure will definitely be able to accommodate G1 cassettes.

Credit(s): horus, BTS

Re: Robot Mode Images of BTS-04 Soundwave (1180639)
Posted by T-Macksimus on February 10th, 2011 @ 11:52pm CST
So, Hasbro gave us a bunch of cell phones, game controllers, a freaking WATCH (twice), an MP3 player (again...twice) and a mini-cam for the smaller round of figures for the first Movie line, none of which had anything to do with the movie, but they couldn't pull off something like this for us? :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Robot Mode Images of BTS-04 Soundwave (1180644)
Posted by zodconvoy on February 11th, 2011 @ 12:07am CST
Yeah, still not buying it. If I ever have the urge to replace my ML Soundwave, I think I'll do the Perceptor mod.
Re: Robot Mode Images of BTS-04 Soundwave (1180645)
Posted by mattyc1007 on February 11th, 2011 @ 12:11am CST
I like the missile rack, could be my first third party figure if the price is right :grin:
Re: Robot Mode Images of BTS-04 Soundwave (1180667)
Posted by ShardFenix on February 11th, 2011 @ 2:11am CST
I still fail to see what is so damn impressive about a tape player. I grew up watching transformers in the 80's and thought it was lame then and its lame know. I also hated perceptor. Now perceptor has a much more practical alt-mode. I mean come on...what a radio/cassete player going to do in battle? blast Justin Bieber til the autobots are so annoyed they surrender?
Re: Robot Mode Images of BTS-04 Soundwave (1180683)
Posted by Autobot032 on February 11th, 2011 @ 3:48am CST
*looks at robot mode pic*

I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!
Re: Robot Mode Images of BTS-04 Soundwave (1180693)
Posted by Sodan-1 on February 11th, 2011 @ 5:30am CST
I've always loved that design from Guido Guidi, but this figure just isn't lighting a fire under my wigwam. Maybe it's because I don't own any G1 cassettes. Doesn't anyone care about how lonely Universe Classics 2.0 Ravage is looking?

Nah, me neither. I eagerly await more news on Perfect Effect's long-ago hinted at Soundwave.
Re: Robot Mode Images of BTS-04 Soundwave (1180696)
Posted by Down_Shift on February 11th, 2011 @ 5:56am CST
There's a few things about the prototype that I just don't like. Right off the bat, everyone tries to look for the head. From what we can see, it's just a faceplate and visor eyes. Way too skinny, not enough detail to resemble Dons work. Next look at the torso, does it have the abomin that Don gave his concept art? Doesn't look like it. It looks as though it swings down on a small pivot.

Now, these things could be put to bed the next time we see some better shots but so far I think what we see is what we don't get.

So far, it's a pass for me.
Re: Robot Mode Images of BTS-04 Soundwave (1180700)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on February 11th, 2011 @ 6:24am CST
UIt can hold G1 cassettes it seems .... a real plus, but I need to see more pics before buying. MP3 Soundwave is perfect in every way except his inability to hold G1 cassettes, and that's not too bad, really.

Yeah, the cropped pics of his head make me wonder how good it is. Not really impressed with the little they're showing of it.
Re: Robot Mode Images of BTS-04 Soundwave (1180709)
Posted by Skyfire77 on February 11th, 2011 @ 7:28am CST
El Duque wrote:
RiddlerJ wrote:Can a real cassette fit in there? It's look like it can.

Not sure, initially I thought it was a G1 cassette, but upon closer inspection I'm not so sure. It's definitely a cassette of some sort though.

Looks like Rumble/Frenzy to me. It's Laserbeak in the second set.

Vicalliose wrote:Is there really a replacement for microcassette recorders though? Are they replaced by the recorders in some cell phones?... No I still don't think that's quite the proper replacement. Law Enforcement officials still use them right? I feel a little old now. :-(

Digital voice recorders.
Re: Robot Mode Images of BTS-04 Soundwave (1180722)
Posted by Requiem Prime on February 11th, 2011 @ 8:15am CST
I've been gnawing on what was off about the robot mode to the art and now I finally realize it's twofold. There's no separation between his tape door and pelvis and his crotch is so small it makes his chest look huge.

He still looks he could work out alright, but I want to see complete profiles of him fully painted.

Right now, I'm still jonesing for Perfect Effect's Soundwave and eventual Laserbeak/Buzzsaw decos.
Re: Robot Mode Images of BTS-04 Soundwave (1180724)
Posted by zodconvoy on February 11th, 2011 @ 8:17am CST
Skyfire77 wrote:

Digital voice recorders.

Law enforcement and legal matters such as depositions haven't used cassette based recorders in a very long time. Analog recordings are too easily altered and rerecorded to be considered hard evidence anymore. And I know that digital is actually easier to edit, it still shows signs that it has been edited.
Re: Robot Mode Images of BTS-04 Soundwave (1180725)
Posted by fenrir72 on February 11th, 2011 @ 8:22am CST
They have to fix the face......make it more "Action Master" like first.
Re: Robot Mode Images of BTS-04 Soundwave (1180733)
Posted by DTR69 on February 11th, 2011 @ 8:57am CST
As somebody has already mentioned, G1/MP Megatron all over again, minus attempts to actualy, narrow the depth, and broaden the front perspective, so we have skinny yet wide side profile legs. G1 soundwave, was a very well designed robot mode, this has a more boxy chest, and the areas where there could of been improvemen are worse. This figure is worse than the original. The original is so clever, from the batteries becoming weapons, and the cassette minions, all some of the best g1 designs, this doesn't come close. AT first I thought th esculpt wasn't finished, as they seemed to have used the same sort of plastic, [I forget what it's called, I used to use it at schhool] to make the prototype, and like Perfect transformation Powerglide, was made from a blocky formed prototype and slowly built up and carved away, to eventually become a well designed transformer, you can see from the alt mode that all sculpting is done.
I give props to anyone who puts the effort into making designs that Has/Tak will not, bt from the design stages this should off been dropped or rethought, as the robot mode is sacraficed, for an alt mode which I for one have no desire to display, neither do I want to display an akward looking Soundwave.
Re: Robot Mode Images of BTS-04 Soundwave (1180734)
Posted by rpetras on February 11th, 2011 @ 9:00am CST
So far so good.

Still need to see more pics.
Re: Robot Mode Images of BTS-04 Soundwave (1180740)
Posted by Rated X on February 11th, 2011 @ 9:09am CST
A little boxy for a figure of this day and age. But thats OK. Dont really care about cassettes being inside of him because it would be on my classics shelf side by side with perfect effect "cassettes" in robot mode. Lets just hope the guy doesnt cater to geeks by putting a stupid MP3 player feature that would only raise the price. Just gimmie a solid classics figure I beg...
Re: Robot Mode Images of BTS-04 Soundwave (1180751)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on February 11th, 2011 @ 9:38am CST
WHY! WHY! WHY! CAN’T THEY MAKE A CHEAP G1 REILISTIC SOUNDWAVE
Re: Robot Mode Images of BTS-04 Soundwave (1180786)
Posted by Vicalliose on February 11th, 2011 @ 11:31am CST
No where near as fond of this as I was now. :-(
Re: Robot Mode Images of BTS-04 Soundwave (1180836)
Posted by Mkall on February 11th, 2011 @ 1:02pm CST
godzillabot wrote:WHY! WHY! WHY! CAN’T THEY MAKE A CHEAP G1 REILISTIC SOUNDWAVE

Because G1 isn't modern.
Re: Robot Mode Images of BTS-04 Soundwave (1181197)
Posted by Stormrider on February 12th, 2011 @ 7:51am CST
Looks fragile.
Re: Robot Mode Images of BTS-04 Soundwave (1181684)
Posted by Starscream GaGa on February 13th, 2011 @ 8:05am CST
Rated X wrote:Lets just hope the guy doesnt cater to geeks by putting a stupid MP3 player feature that would only raise the price. Just gimmie a solid classics figure I beg...

You do realize that this is a Transformers product, correct? You do realize that as people above the age of about 14 who are buying Transformer products, we are geeks? You understand that this, being catered to Transformer collectors, means that is IS being catered to geeks?

You are a geek. I am a geek. We're all geeks on this forum. No need to be in sad denial about it, just be proud of being a geek.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Powerglide Legends Figure MOSC New!! RARE" on EBAY
Buy "Windcharger Transformers Combiner Wars Loose 2015 Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "2015 Hasbro - Transformers Generations - Combiner Wars - Trailbreaker" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS - Generations Combiner Wars -AUTOBOT HOUND Figure -Sky Reign Piece" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botcon 2016 Beast Wars Terrorsaur Combiner Exclusive New Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Autobot Jetfire Commander Class NEW MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Protectobot HOT SPOT Voyager Class New (2012 Hasbro)" on EBAY