Robotkingdom.com Update - Preorders for MP-4S Sleep Convoy, Hothead and Henkei Convoy Restock!

Robotkingdom.com Update - Preorders for MP-4S Sleep Convoy, Hothead and Henkei Convoy Restock!

Monday, April 26th, 2010 1:49pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 34,448

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

We've got a notification from site sponsor Robotkingdom about a handful of new deals. The first is a pre-order for the upcoming 'Welcome to 2010' campaign figure, MP-4S Convoy Sleep Mode, that will be an expensive and elusive piece. The second is a pre-order for the upcoming Universe Hardhead upgrade by Headmasters - Hothead. Lastly, we found out recently that Henkei Convoy would be reissued, and that's just what we have here. Check out the deals below!

#1. TakaraTomy Transformers MP-04S MP-4S Masterpiece Convoy & Trailer - Sleep Mode.
Image
Pre-order, available on June 2010.
US$214.9/pcs


#2. Head-on!! Headrobots - Hothead.
Image
Pre-order, available on July 2010.
US$29.9/pcs


#3. Takara Henkei C-01 Optimus Prime.
Image
Restock this week.
US$47.9/pcs

Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!

Credit(s): Robotkingdom.com


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Robotkingdom.com Update - Preorders for MP-4S Sleep Convoy, Hothead and Henkei Convoy Restock! (1068224)
Posted by Jenus on April 26th, 2010 @ 2:00pm CDT
Why couldn't they have used MP-01 rather than MP-04, no one is going to display their dead Prime in vehicle mode.
Re: Robotkingdom.com Update - Preorders for MP-4S Sleep Convoy, Hothead and Henkei Convoy Restock! (1068229)
Posted by HighPrime on April 26th, 2010 @ 2:12pm CDT
Jenus wrote:Why couldn't they have used MP-01 rather than MP-04, no one is going to display their dead Prime in vehicle mode.



My guess is because the trailer converts to a repair bay, providing a pseudo-diarama of the scene in the original Movie. Well, that's my take and what I plan to do, anyway ;)
Re: Robotkingdom.com Update - Preorders for MP-4S Sleep Convoy, Hothead and Henkei Convoy Restock! (1068230)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 26th, 2010 @ 2:12pm CDT
Jenus wrote:Why couldn't they have used MP-01 rather than MP-04, no one is going to display their dead Prime in vehicle mode.


Very simple:

Black Prime without trailer: MP-1B Convoy Black Version (aka Nemesis)
Black Prime with trailer: MP-4S Convoy Sleep Version

Make sense?
Re: Robotkingdom.com Update - Preorders for MP-4S Sleep Convoy, Hothead and Henkei Convoy Restock! (1068233)
Posted by HighPrime on April 26th, 2010 @ 2:16pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Jenus wrote:Why couldn't they have used MP-01 rather than MP-04, no one is going to display their dead Prime in vehicle mode.


Very simple:

Black Prime without trailer: MP-1B Convoy Black Version (aka Nemesis)
Black Prime with trailer: MP-4S Convoy Sleep Version

Make sense?



The two aren't colored the same, if that's what your getting at, though. MP-4S isn't black, but the same color as MP-1 with the contrast/color tuned super low.
Re: Robotkingdom.com Update - Preorders for MP-4S Sleep Convoy, Hothead and Henkei Convoy Restock! (1068235)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 26th, 2010 @ 2:19pm CDT
HighPrime wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Jenus wrote:Why couldn't they have used MP-01 rather than MP-04, no one is going to display their dead Prime in vehicle mode.


Very simple:

Black Prime without trailer: MP-1B Convoy Black Version (aka Nemesis)
Black Prime with trailer: MP-4S Convoy Sleep Version

Make sense?



The two aren't colored the same, if that's what your getting at, though. MP-4S isn't black, but the same color as MP-1 with the contrast/color tuned super low.


To the casual observer they look the same, and the trailer adds a bit of distinction between the two releases.
Re: Robotkingdom.com Update - Preorders for MP-4S Sleep Convoy, Hothead and Henkei Convoy Restock! (1068237)
Posted by HighPrime on April 26th, 2010 @ 2:27pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
HighPrime wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Jenus wrote:Why couldn't they have used MP-01 rather than MP-04, no one is going to display their dead Prime in vehicle mode.


Very simple:

Black Prime without trailer: MP-1B Convoy Black Version (aka Nemesis)
Black Prime with trailer: MP-4S Convoy Sleep Version

Make sense?



The two aren't colored the same, if that's what your getting at, though. MP-4S isn't black, but the same color as MP-1 with the contrast/color tuned super low.


To the casual observer they look the same, and the trailer adds a bit of distinction between the two releases.



Could be.

Another theory I have is that the trailer-less mold version has been released more, so they are just evening things out:

MP-1
MP-1 (re-release)
MP-2
MP-2 (re-release)
MP-1B

MP-4
MP-4 (re-release)
MP-4S


Or, could be that this is a big event, so might as well pull out all the stops.

In summary of the theories presented:

1.)Screen accurate diorama.
2.)Even out the trailer/trailer-less releases.
3.)Watershed moment in TF history, so release the version that won't shortchange it.
4.)Add distinction between MP-1B and MP-1S.
Re: Robotkingdom.com Update - Preorders for MP-4S Sleep Convoy, Hothead and Henkei Convoy Restock! (1068239)
Posted by bagelsncheesey on April 26th, 2010 @ 2:29pm CDT
do you guys think he'll be up for pre-order at BBTS, or is this a RobotKingdom thing only?
Re: Robotkingdom.com Update - Preorders for MP-4S Sleep Convoy, Hothead and Henkei Convoy Restock! (1068242)
Posted by HighPrime on April 26th, 2010 @ 2:31pm CDT
bagelsncheesey wrote:do you guys think he'll be up for pre-order at BBTS, or is this a RobotKingdom thing only?


I don't see how BBTS (or TFsource) won't have this thing for pre-order, really. It will be more expensive since they will factor in overseas shipping, but I have no doubts BBTS will offer this :) I, too, am waiting for the pre-order on this to go up there. :)
Re: Robotkingdom.com Update - Preorders for MP-4S Sleep Convoy, Hothead and Henkei Convoy Restock! (1068244)
Posted by bagelsncheesey on April 26th, 2010 @ 2:36pm CDT
HighPrime wrote:
bagelsncheesey wrote:do you guys think he'll be up for pre-order at BBTS, or is this a RobotKingdom thing only?


I don't see how BBTS (or TFsource) won't have this thing for pre-order, really. It will be more expensive since they will factor in overseas shipping, but I have no doubts BBTS will offer this :) I, too, am waiting for the pre-order on this to go up there. :)



awesome! thanks for the reply. here's to hoping BBTS gets them soon 8)
Re: Robotkingdom.com Update - Preorders for MP-4S Sleep Convoy, Hothead and Henkei Convoy Restock! (1068308)
Posted by Forgotten on April 26th, 2010 @ 6:21pm CDT
My theory is that they just have a crapload of trailers left over from the MP-1 Accessory & the MP-4 release. They're just trying to get rid of them.

bagelsncheesey wrote:do you guys think he'll be up for pre-order at BBTS, or is this a RobotKingdom thing only?

If I were you i'd give RK a shot. I've ordered plenty from them and been totally satisfied every time. Fair warning though, if in US first shipment you get from them usually gets stuck in customs for a couple of days. After the initial one me & my friends have gotten our stuff within the week with very reasonable shipping rates.
Re: Robotkingdom.com Update - Preorders for MP-4S Sleep Convoy, Hothead and Henkei Convoy Restock! (1068311)
Posted by Jenus on April 26th, 2010 @ 6:41pm CDT
HighPrime wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
HighPrime wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Jenus wrote:Why couldn't they have used MP-01 rather than MP-04, no one is going to display their dead Prime in vehicle mode.


Very simple:

Black Prime without trailer: MP-1B Convoy Black Version (aka Nemesis)
Black Prime with trailer: MP-4S Convoy Sleep Version

Make sense?



The two aren't colored the same, if that's what your getting at, though. MP-4S isn't black, but the same color as MP-1 with the contrast/color tuned super low.


To the casual observer they look the same, and the trailer adds a bit of distinction between the two releases.



Could be.

Another theory I have is that the trailer-less mold version has been released more, so they are just evening things out:

MP-1
MP-1 (re-release)
MP-2
MP-2 (re-release)
MP-1B

MP-4
MP-4 (re-release)
MP-4S


Or, could be that this is a big event, so might as well pull out all the stops.

In summary of the theories presented:

1.)Screen accurate diorama.
2.)Even out the trailer/trailer-less releases.
3.)Watershed moment in TF history, so release the version that won't shortchange it.
4.)Add distinction between MP-1B and MP-1S.

All the ways you guys mentioned makes sense, thanks guys.
Re: Robotkingdom.com Update - Preorders for MP-4S Sleep Convoy, Hothead and Henkei Convoy Restock! (1068312)
Posted by HighPrime on April 26th, 2010 @ 6:47pm CDT
Forgotten wrote:My theory is that they just have a crapload of trailers left over from the MP-1 Accessory & the MP-4 release. They're just trying to get rid of them.

bagelsncheesey wrote:do you guys think he'll be up for pre-order at BBTS, or is this a RobotKingdom thing only?

If I were you i'd give RK a shot. I've ordered plenty from them and been totally satisfied every time. Fair warning though, if in US first shipment you get from them usually gets stuck in customs for a couple of days. After the initial one me & my friends have gotten our stuff within the week with very reasonable shipping rates.


The MP-1 accessory wasn't manufactured by TT. that was a 3rd party add-on by Justitoys (for the most part).


I'm not a big fan of RK. Their 'inventory' system, to be very frank, sucks. Twice since I've ordered from them them, they contact me telling me they 'can't find the stock,' or they're out, and they don't refund the money right away. Another strike against them. I've had to file claims with PayPal to get them to give me my money back. In fact, I'm a day or 2 away from having to file a claim, AGAIN...

Additionally, they make you pay upfront for pre-orders. BBTS doesn't make you do that, and their systems let's you cancel or add to your orders at any time.

The only time I order from RK is when I feel like rolling the dice for some older, hard to come by TF... and I emphasize "ROLL THE DICE..."

To end on a positive note, they do ship fast when they properly calculate their inventory.

rant over...
Re: Robotkingdom.com Update - Preorders for MP-4S Sleep Convoy, Hothead and Henkei Convoy Restock! (1068441)
Posted by Gutter Bunny on April 27th, 2010 @ 6:28am CDT
bagelsncheesey wrote:do you guys think he'll be up for pre-order at BBTS, or is this a RobotKingdom thing only?



BBts has the preorder up now.
Re: Robotkingdom.com Update - Preorders for MP-4S Sleep Convoy, Hothead and Henkei Convoy Restock! (1068457)
Posted by HighPrime on April 27th, 2010 @ 7:17am CDT
Gutter Bunny wrote:
bagelsncheesey wrote:do you guys think he'll be up for pre-order at BBTS, or is this a RobotKingdom thing only?



BBTS has the preorder up now.


Yikes... $275... pre-ordered, though :)

144 left as of this post.
Re: Robotkingdom.com Update - Preorders for MP-4S Sleep Convoy, Hothead and Henkei Convoy Restock! (1068469)
Posted by bagelsncheesey on April 27th, 2010 @ 7:45am CDT
Gutter Bunny wrote:
bagelsncheesey wrote:do you guys think he'll be up for pre-order at BBTS, or is this a RobotKingdom thing only?



BBts has the preorder up now.


yup, saw and ordered!! :APPLAUSE:
Re: Robotkingdom.com Update - Preorders for MP-4S Sleep Convoy, Hothead and Henkei Convoy Restock! (1068477)
Posted by Stockade on April 27th, 2010 @ 8:17am CDT
Awesome! cant wait to get Hot Head for HH and as soon as i hear from my contact about Henkei Convoy im ordering another one for FP Trailer. I would really like to get some MP's but not really in my budget right at the moment.
Re: Robotkingdom.com Update - Preorders for MP-4S Sleep Convoy, Hothead and Henkei Convoy Restock! (1068529)
Posted by HighPrime on April 27th, 2010 @ 11:47am CDT
HighPrime wrote:
Gutter Bunny wrote:
bagelsncheesey wrote:do you guys think he'll be up for pre-order at BBTS, or is this a RobotKingdom thing only?



BBTS has the preorder up now.


Yikes... $275... pre-ordered, though :)

144 left as of this post.



Selling briskly... 88 remain at this point.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Air Raid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
Twincast / Podcast #278:
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Siege Soundwave lot complete WFC Cassette Corp Ratbat Rumble Ravage" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise - CLIFFJUMPER  - NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Soundblaster complete WFC 35TH Anniversary Generations" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Generations - Combiner Wars-AUTOBOT HOUND Figure - Sky Reign Piece" on EBAY
Buy "transformers ko oversized Combiner Wars Not Powerglide" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RID 2015  WARRIORS CLASS  SCORPONOK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars CW LIOKAISER Platinum Edition Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Targetmaster Windblade LG62 Takara Tomy Legends Collection" on EBAY