Robot-mode of new i-Gear VW Käfer Bumblebee revealed

Robot-mode of new i-Gear VW Käfer Bumblebee revealed

Saturday, January 8th, 2011 5:13am CST

Categories: Toy News, Knock Offs, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 97,728

I-Gear have updated their Facebook page again, they added 5 new images to their "New WIP small stuff" album. These updates show the robot-mode of their new Bumblebee figure we reported on earlier, which is a a "re-shell" of Universe 2.0 Legends Class Bumblebee with VW Käfer car parts.
We have mirrored one image, if you wish to see the rest just click here.
And as a Comparison, the original Universe 2.0 Legends Class Bumblebee:

Credit(s): El Duque, i-Gear

This article was last modified on Saturday, January 8th, 2011 5:15am CST

Re: Robot-mode of new i-Gear VW Käfer Bumblebee revealed (1166747)
Posted by Macross on January 8th, 2011 @ 5:56am CST
easy pass for me, why even bother with such a weak mold?
Re: Robot-mode of new i-Gear VW Käfer Bumblebee revealed (1166766)
Posted by Torneira on January 8th, 2011 @ 7:06am CST
This is going to flop. I wouldn't spend a dime on it.

This is less than meets the eye or more crap than meets the eye, I don't know what to choose from.
Re: Robot-mode of new i-Gear VW Käfer Bumblebee revealed (1166783)
Posted by El Duque on January 8th, 2011 @ 8:14am CST
Since I don't collect Legends figures I didn't even realize it was basically a reskin on an existing BB, that sucks.
Re: Robot-mode of new i-Gear VW Käfer Bumblebee revealed (1166794)
Posted by Rated X on January 8th, 2011 @ 8:44am CST
MINDVVIPE wrote:
Rated X wrote:Wow how can the car look so good and the robot look so crappy ??? Ill pass because the arms really suck. And that Binaltech version should not have been cancelled. Volkswagon not wanting to be associated with war ??? What BS !!! What P***ys !!!

They're trying to give germany a clean new slate free of the past... don't want a poor jewish kid to see the beetle, and then transform it, and then see the gun in his hand, and tear up.... and have a wierd memory that...is more of a day dream nightmare about a big robot beetle running around commiting genocide, riiigghhhttt?

Yeah I know, horrors !!! After all these WW2 vechicles somebody might compare Good ol Bumblebee to Hitler. Forget about Lugnut looking like the Enola Gay. Forget that Highbrow looks like the P-38 Lightning that won the battle of Midway. Forget Divebomb looks like the Red Baron. Lets pick on poor little Bumblebee instead because he is such a war-monger :lol:
Re: Robot-mode of new i-Gear VW Käfer Bumblebee revealed (1166802)
Posted by Blackstreak on January 8th, 2011 @ 9:17am CST
I'm sorry but that looks horrible. I've seen worse, but I've seen much better looking pieces. I'm not into Legends but if I was I'd pass on this.
Re: Robot-mode of new i-Gear VW Käfer Bumblebee revealed (1166831)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 8th, 2011 @ 10:56am CST
Definite pass. I didn't buy that mold to begin with. Not sure what i-Gear is thinking with this.
Re: Robot-mode of new i-Gear VW Käfer Bumblebee revealed (1166855)
Posted by The Dude on January 8th, 2011 @ 11:40am CST
This looks like
CRAAAAAAAAAAAAP
Re: Robot-mode of new i-Gear VW Käfer Bumblebee revealed (1166869)
Posted by Solrac333 on January 8th, 2011 @ 12:11pm CST
So small. Easy pass.
Re: Robot-mode of new i-Gear VW Käfer Bumblebee revealed (1166916)
Posted by Editor on January 8th, 2011 @ 1:45pm CST
Do not want. What a wasted effort.
Re: Robot-mode of new i-Gear VW Käfer Bumblebee revealed (1166952)
Posted by Owtkazt on January 8th, 2011 @ 3:21pm CST
Sucks. Looks like he's had too many Twinkies. Meh autobots pretty much blow anyways.
Re: Robot-mode of new i-Gear VW Käfer Bumblebee revealed (1166973)
Posted by victoryconvoy on January 8th, 2011 @ 4:10pm CST
pass =;
Re: Robot-mode of new i-Gear VW Käfer Bumblebee revealed (1166974)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on January 8th, 2011 @ 4:10pm CST
Well frankly I’m not impressed I was hoping for a entirely new figure I was looking forward to a scout bumblebee that turned in to a modern beetle
Re: Robot-mode of new i-Gear VW Käfer Bumblebee revealed (1167033)
Posted by Macross on January 8th, 2011 @ 6:08pm CST
The only possible good thing about this is we'll probably see it on clearance because nobody wants it.

They should cancel this altogether.

I was hopping for them to take a similar approach to Wheel_Jacks custom Classics Bumblebee:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7834016@N0 ... 404752151/

Guess it's not gonna happen.
Re: Robot-mode of new i-Gear VW Käfer Bumblebee revealed (1167215)
Posted by Turbobungle on January 9th, 2011 @ 4:21am CST
Re: Robot-mode of new i-Gear VW Käfer Bumblebee revealed (1167216)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on January 9th, 2011 @ 4:37am CST
Turbobungle wrote:I just don't get it, why would they.... Or anyone bother with a 3rd party retool of a cheap, limited articulation, jokey figure like a legends.... Well I guess it'll be cheap to make.. Do I sense a ripoff price coming? Because of 'exclusivity'?

The only legends figure I've ever liked is legends Ravage. Everything else blows.
:CON:
Re: Robot-mode of new i-Gear VW Käfer Bumblebee revealed (1167227)
Posted by Oilspill on January 9th, 2011 @ 6:36am CST
Man, this just makes Igear look even more unoriginal, as they continually rip off existing moulds.

I hate that legends mould too, I had the Takara Cliffjumper among many of my legends figures. It was the only one I sold because I just don't like the mould.
Re: Robot-mode of new i-Gear VW Käfer Bumblebee revealed (1167233)
Posted by Lunarabbit on January 9th, 2011 @ 7:04am CST
Good lord, that's horrendous. I completely retract my previous comment.
Re: Robot-mode of new i-Gear VW Käfer Bumblebee revealed (1167312)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on January 9th, 2011 @ 11:00am CST
MINDVVIPE wrote:

:CON:

Actually, the Legends Scorponok is pretty good. It's got better proportions in robot mode than the Deluxe figure.
Re: Robot-mode of new i-Gear VW Käfer Bumblebee revealed (1167409)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on January 9th, 2011 @ 2:53pm CST
Rated X wrote: After all these WW2 vechicles somebody might compare Good ol Bumblebee to Hitler.

Considering his contributions to the creation of Volkswagen in the first place... but SHHHH don't mention that, if it turns into a robot and shoots other robots, that's REALLY bad!

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Megatronus" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Liege Maximo" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series SS-22 Dropkick Bumblebee Movie Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 52 Deluxe Chromia, Arcee, and Elita-1 Figures NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Netflix WFC Deluxe Class Elita-1 Walmart Exclusive MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Classics Mini-cons Night Rescue Divebomb Strongarm Firebot" on EBAY
Buy "transformers prime beast hunters blight blot" on EBAY
Buy "New Sealed Hasbro Transformers The Last Knight Premier Edition Cogman 2016" on EBAY