Saturday, May 13th, 2017 7:08pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Kurona   Views: 34,758

While we previously got stock photos for Menasor, images for the other two Robots in Disguise Combiners - Galvatronus and Ultrabee - were unfortunately nowhere to be seen. Well, not so much anymore! Toys R Us' UK division has uploaded listings and stock photos for all three combiners, putting each at £35 and getting us a good look at these guys - though also somehow managing to have the robot modes of all three torso bots (Bumblebee, Cyclonus and Motormaster) mistransformed by giving them their combiner head rather than their robot head. Regardless, check out the listings for Ultrabee, Galvatronus and Menasor if you're interested and take a look at the stock photos below!

Transformers News: Robots in Disguise (2015) Ultrabee, Galvatronus & Menasor stock photos and UK listings

Re: Robots in Disguise (2015) Ultrabee, Galvatronus & Menasor stock photos and UK listings (1881445)
Posted by Deadput on May 13th, 2017 @ 7:17pm CDT

Edit: Wow Motormaster's show head is generic and I guess so is Slashmark who seems to have Bee's head in different colors.

Re: Robots in Disguise (2015) Ultrabee, Galvatronus & Menasor stock photos and UK listings (1881446)
Posted by Kurona on May 13th, 2017 @ 7:28pm CDT
Deadput wrote:Huh Skyjack and Cyberwarp seem to be females according to the box art that's cool I think this is our first main American line mixed gender combiner. (as in the team members not the Combiner itself)

Yeah I noticed that too, it's pretty awesome :)

Though technically the first would be Armada Perceptor. But for full-fledged non-mini-con combiners? ... Ultrabee :lol:
Re: Robots in Disguise (2015) Ultrabee, Galvatronus & Menasor stock photos and UK listings (1881447)
Posted by ScottyP on May 13th, 2017 @ 7:31pm CDT
^ Galvatronus has no Tailgate component. Galvatronus is therefore both a dude and a chick simultaneously. Just science :lol: (nah but for real, I'm just gonna go with non-binary on Galvatronus because that's pretty rad!)

I really hope at least Drag Strip and Wildbreak get some toy incarnation closer to their show designs. I'd be really completely fine with non-combining ones in Warrior class! I guess Arms Micron Wildrider is a decent stand in for now, the shoulders and head work almost perfectly.
Re: Robots in Disguise (2015) Ultrabee, Galvatronus & Menasor stock photos and UK listings (1881448)
Posted by Kurona on May 13th, 2017 @ 7:34pm CDT
Well, one-step Heatseeker (which itself surprised me) does provide precedence for possible non-combiner class combiner component toys. Hell, the limbs all have at least one repaint of each other; that's easy Warrior-class fodder!

and fuck yeah non-binary bots :D
Re: Robots in Disguise (2015) Ultrabee, Galvatronus & Menasor stock photos and UK listings (1881449)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 13th, 2017 @ 7:41pm CDT
Re: Robots in Disguise (2015) Ultrabee, Galvatronus & Menasor stock photos and UK listings (1881450)
Posted by Deadput on May 13th, 2017 @ 7:57pm CDT
Kurona wrote:Yeah I noticed that too, it's pretty awesome :)

Oh yeah Strongarm exists too so uhhh Galvatronus is the third then eh?

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Is it just me, or do Menasor and Galvatron just wear the leg-bots as shoes or boots? At least half of the lower legs is taken up by those that form the legs, with an additional piece attached.

It looks like to me that Galvatronus is pulling off a movie Bonecrusher and Sideswipe with having wheel feet.
Re: Robots in Disguise (2015) Ultrabee, Galvatronus & Menasor stock photos and UK listings (1881451)
Posted by Kurona on May 13th, 2017 @ 8:04pm CDT
I've also gotta say, for £35 combiners (compared to how in total the CW combiners were around £90-£100)? I'm pretty impressed by some of these. The combined modes don't look terrible (Galvatronus in particular strikes quite the awesome silhouette; the legs are perfect and he's only slightly brought down by his arms) and I really love how Grimlock manages to look great in his robot mode. The vehicle modes for the car bots and Motormaster are all pretty great too. These don't look amazing, but there's certain good points to be found :)
Re: Robots in Disguise (2015) Ultrabee, Galvatronus & Menasor stock photos and UK listings (1881454)
Posted by Terrsolpix on May 13th, 2017 @ 8:49pm CDT
Kurona wrote:

Yeah I noticed that too, it's pretty awesome :)

This seems like a good topic for Vector prime, when we get a return. I've always wondered how mixed genders work in combiners, especially after reading the AVP:FB logs about gender dysphoria in cybertronians. But no matter what, I'm certainly getting Galvatronus.
Re: Robots in Disguise (2015) Ultrabee, Galvatronus & Menasor stock photos and UK listings (1881468)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 13th, 2017 @ 11:03pm CDT
Terrsolpix wrote:
Kurona wrote:

Yeah I noticed that too, it's pretty awesome :)

I wouldn't expect a return of AVP anytime soon, since Fun Pub lost the Transformers license at the end of last year and the AVP Facebook was run under their tenure.
Re: Robots in Disguise (2015) Ultrabee, Galvatronus & Menasor stock photos and UK listings (1881471)
Posted by Terrsolpix on May 13th, 2017 @ 11:10pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Terrsolpix wrote:
Kurona wrote:

Yeah I noticed that too, it's pretty awesome :)

Completely forgot about that :HEADHURTS: Hopefully we get someone willing (and with the clearing) to take up the mantle
Re: Robots in Disguise (2015) Ultrabee, Galvatronus & Menasor stock photos and UK listings (1881472)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 13th, 2017 @ 11:18pm CDT
Terrsolpix wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Terrsolpix wrote:
Kurona wrote:

Yeah I noticed that too, it's pretty awesome :)

Oh, there's no shortage of anyone willing. It's just a matter of being allowed to do so officially. But at the moment, it's not a priority, especially considering how long and extensive the AVP Facebook ran and how it went out with a bang.
Re: Robots in Disguise (2015) Ultrabee, Galvatronus & Menasor stock photos and UK listings (1881473)
Posted by william-james88 on May 13th, 2017 @ 11:20pm CDT
So just a few thoughts on Warrior Blurr and Soundwave before i go to bed. These are both stellar toys I am happy to have and I love their original transformations. A real breath of fresh air. And I have no quarrels about the paint, they both have a nice amount of it and it adds decent detail.

The best part of Blurr is how the entire cockpit and top of the car stores away on his back. I love transforming him back and forth. The only problem with Blurr is how the 2 wheels that arent on pins dont roll well.

As for Soundwave, I really like how he doesnt have extraneous kibble in robot mode. He is a great looking robot. His main problem (and its pretty major, making him no longer a contender for a "best soundwave toy") is how visible and contrasting his robot arms are in alt mode. There is 0 effort to hide them or have them blend in. Its like someone gave up and really ruins what could have been a fun vehicle mode.
Re: Robots in Disguise (2015) Ultrabee, Galvatronus & Menasor stock photos and UK listings (1881475)
Posted by WreckerJack on May 13th, 2017 @ 11:35pm CDT
Ugh. Combiner force is nothing but pretty colors and lack of details :SICK:

I know they are probably lots of fun playability wise and are great for kids but I'm not feelin' it personally. I guess combiner wars/titans return is more my speed.
Re: Robots in Disguise (2015) Ultrabee, Galvatronus & Menasor stock photos and UK listings (1881476)
Posted by Terrsolpix on May 13th, 2017 @ 11:37pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Terrsolpix wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Terrsolpix wrote:
Kurona wrote:

Yeah I noticed that too, it's pretty awesome :)

That's why I mentioned the clearing. They don't owe another AVP, but I don't think anyone would hate another.
Re: Robots in Disguise (2015) Ultrabee, Galvatronus & Menasor stock photos and UK listings (1881478)
Posted by Lucky Logician on May 14th, 2017 @ 12:04am CDT

I legitimately laughed out loud when I saw Grilock's dinosaur mode. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: Robots in Disguise (2015) Ultrabee, Galvatronus & Menasor stock photos and UK listings (1881480)
Posted by Terrsolpix on May 14th, 2017 @ 12:06am CDT
Lucky Logician wrote:Image

Go easy on him, he's trying his best. How about you try and make a dinosaur mode that turns into legs? :lol:
Re: Robots in Disguise (2015) Ultrabee, Galvatronus & Menasor stock photos and UK listings (1881481)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on May 14th, 2017 @ 1:12am CDT
Mind you, we've still to see Bruticus ;)

& no Optimus Prime Combiner? he's been a Combiner before(TF Energon & Combiner Wars)
Re: Robots in Disguise (2015) Ultrabee, Galvatronus & Menasor stock photos and UK listings (1881482)
Posted by MaverickPrime on May 14th, 2017 @ 2:09am CDT
For all they do at the pricepoint, they do have somewhat decent sculpting, I think Ultrabee even has leg articulation, but my god, have the designers ever heard the words "deco" or "paintjob"??? :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Robots in Disguise (2015) Ultrabee, Galvatronus & Menasor stock photos and UK listings (1881488)
Posted by bvzxa on May 14th, 2017 @ 3:48am CDT
Im glad I dont collect these things :lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: Robots in Disguise (2015) Ultrabee, Galvatronus & Menasor stock photos and UK listings (1881494)
Posted by TFmonkeybiz on May 14th, 2017 @ 5:27am CDT
Menasor and Galvatronus look good to me,however Ultrabee's too blocky for my tastes.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Collaborative: Back to the Future Gigawatt Pre Sale!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Series Bumblebee & Starscream Hero Mashers Hasbro Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Steeljaw See pictures !" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Grimlock See pictures !" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Sideswipe & Bumblebee MIX LOT 3’" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Autobot Intel Ops: Blaster, Perceptor & Cassettes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Insecticons 3-Pack (Bombshell, Kickback, Shrapnel)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction SNARL  dinobot Deluxe With Manual" on EBAY