Robots in Disguise Collection DVD: Decepticon Island and Overloaded

Robots in Disguise Collection DVD: Decepticon Island and Overloaded

Wednesday, February 15th, 2017 9:43pm CST

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 36,276

Seibertronian Scottyp has let us know that Amazon.com has uploaded a new listing for a Robots in Disguise DVD. The new DVD, titled 'Overloaded and Decepticon Island,' is up for pre-order and will be available May 30 of this year. The DVD's run time is 88 minutes, which means that the 2 part 'Overloaded' and the 2 part 'Decepticon Island' will be the only 4 episodes available. Check out the listing by following the above link, and check out the cover below!

Transformers News: Robots in Disguise Collection DVD: Decepticon Island and Overloaded

Credit(s): Amazon.com

Re: Robots in Disguise Collection DVD: Decepticon Island and Overloaded (1859865)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 15th, 2017 @ 10:54pm CST
Well, that's a strange pair of two-parters. The Season 2 premiere and the Season 2 finale, bookends without the books that connect the two.
Re: Robots in Disguise Collection DVD: Decepticon Island and Overloaded (1859907)
Posted by ScottyP on February 16th, 2017 @ 6:17am CST
Re: Robots in Disguise Collection DVD: Decepticon Island and Overloaded (1859923)
Posted by william-james88 on February 16th, 2017 @ 8:17am CST
ScottyP wrote:Really wish they'd just dump the full seasons out on Blu-Ray instead of doing things like this first. Oh well. It'll be like my Energon DVD collection one of these days where I've got half the series on singles and a box set of the full thing to fill in the gaps :BANG_HEAD:

Why not just wait till they release the whole thing?
Re: Robots in Disguise Collection DVD: Decepticon Island and Overloaded (1859945)
Posted by o.supreme on February 16th, 2017 @ 10:23am CST
william-james88 wrote:Why not just wait till they release the whole thing?

Exactly. S!F pattern of releasing single/impulse purchase DVD's first is frustrating to be sure, but waiting until they release the whole season is always a pretty safe bet (unless its Rescue Bots...). Even then, why are you hanging on to single-disc releases of Energon? why not sell them if you have the box set?

I mean the last series I bought single DVD's of was Spectacular Spider-Man because in 2009-2010 there was no sign of full season sets, until 2014 when the whole 26 episodes were released on BRD and DVD. Then I purchased that set and dumped the singles. Since then I've just learned to wait (as with RiD15) or just live without (as in the case of Rescue Bots, and pretty much all of Disney/Marvels animated series since they are not available in any physical media form)
Re: Robots in Disguise Collection DVD: Decepticon Island and Overloaded (1860187)
Posted by william-james88 on February 17th, 2017 @ 9:09am CST
Combienr Force Bruticus Revealed!

Re: Robots in Disguise Collection DVD: Decepticon Island and Overloaded (1860201)
Posted by o.supreme on February 17th, 2017 @ 9:27am CST
william-james88 wrote:Combienr Force Bruticus Revealed!

Looks awesome, but because this is in the animated series thread, has it been confirmed he will appear in the series, and not just as a toy?
Re: Robots in Disguise Collection DVD: Decepticon Island and Overloaded (1860202)
Posted by bluecatcinema on February 17th, 2017 @ 9:31am CST
Interesting. He looks like a classic five-piece Combiner, compared to Ultra Bee's four.
Re: Robots in Disguise Collection DVD: Decepticon Island and Overloaded (1860205)
Posted by william-james88 on February 17th, 2017 @ 9:32am CST
o.supreme wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Combienr Force Bruticus Revealed!

I put it here because he is more likely to appear in the animated series than as a toy. All toys so far have appeared in the animated series but only half or less of characters made it to toys. And Bruticus was not part of the latst app update for toys.
Re: Robots in Disguise Collection DVD: Decepticon Island and Overloaded (1861198)
Posted by WreckerJack on February 19th, 2017 @ 12:47pm CST
If you have not gotten around to watching season 2 it is now available on Netflix.com for your viewing pleasure. There is also a 6 part mini series under the season 3 category. The highlight of this season is the return of some fan favorite characters from Transformers: Prime. But don't worry, we won't spoil a thing. Enjoy!

If RiD does not suit your fancy, we suggest checking out an upcoming documentary on some nostalgic 80's toys!

Re: Robots in Disguise Collection DVD: Decepticon Island and Overloaded (1861202)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 19th, 2017 @ 12:56pm CST
Linking this news story cause it covers some important stuff for us here: https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... air/37399/

So, the new title sequence has Dragbreak, or whatever that guys name is, and the combiner force logo. So, we are getting season 3 people, and we are certainly getting combiners!

The Menasor and Ultrabee round shots look cool, and if you look, Drift actually forms the sword for Ultra bee!
Re: Robots in Disguise Collection DVD: Decepticon Island and Overloaded (1861227)
Posted by Ravage XK on February 19th, 2017 @ 1:39pm CST
Still only the first 13 episodes of season 1 on UK Netflix. [-(
Re: Robots in Disguise Collection DVD: Decepticon Island and Overloaded (1861291)
Posted by Nexus Knight on February 19th, 2017 @ 5:31pm CST
FINALLY!!! Know what I'm doing- binge watching RiD w/ my brothers. :-D :-D :-D
Re: Robots in Disguise Collection DVD: Decepticon Island and Overloaded (1861320)
Posted by Nexus Knight on February 19th, 2017 @ 7:33pm CST
Re: Robots in Disguise Collection DVD: Decepticon Island and Overloaded (1861327)
Posted by william-james88 on February 19th, 2017 @ 7:54pm CST
Nexus Knight wrote:After binging season two, want to point something out about the "first" season finale (Decepticon Island). Also, obviously, spoilers to continue. In the first part, the team find the Fix-It type Minicons being held. Optimus wants to stop the mission to cyro-bomb the Alchemor to rescue them and this pause in the mission causes them to be caught be Steeljaw and the Decepticon army, ending the first part. Let me note that Bumblebee was against stopping to save them, likely because if the mission succeeded, they could save the caretaker Minicons. When the next part begins and they barely get away (w/o Windblade), Optimus Prime berates Bubblebee because "completing the mission needed to be the priority". Hypocrisy much, OP?

I think Optimus is losing it a bit in this show. Those first few episodes show you how off he is in his reasoning. I dont know why they made him so hard to root for in this show.
Re: Robots in Disguise Collection DVD: Decepticon Island and Overloaded (1861356)
Posted by WreckerJack on February 19th, 2017 @ 9:23pm CST
I'll probably watch some of the eps I missed on TV and the eps with my favs from Prime. I could use some cheer, it's been a long day. I think RiD is good for that. Despite it's flaws it is a cheery show.
Re: Robots in Disguise Collection DVD: Decepticon Island and Overloaded (1861384)
Posted by Nexus Knight on February 19th, 2017 @ 11:15pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

But I'll watch RiD because I still think it's a fun show and it's nice to see other characters try the leadership position.
Re: Robots in Disguise Collection DVD: Decepticon Island and Overloaded (1861697)
Posted by The Grim King on February 21st, 2017 @ 2:15am CST
Re: Robots in Disguise Collection DVD: Decepticon Island and Overloaded (1861707)
Posted by WreckerJack on February 21st, 2017 @ 4:05am CST
The Grim King wrote:Since Netflix now has season 1 and 2 I'm giving it another shot. Haven't watched an episode since the premier...I think. Is there any particular reason it's worth watching? I'm still having trouble dealing with their portrayal of Grimlock, it hurts me; in my soul.

I like Season 2 better because there are some episodes with some characters from Prime that I like. I also enjoy the animal themed Decepticons. It's a little bit kiddy and the art style isn't as nice as prime but it has its moments.
Re: Robots in Disguise Collection DVD: Decepticon Island and Overloaded (1861754)
Posted by o.supreme on February 21st, 2017 @ 9:33am CST
Nexus Knight wrote:Yeah, he kind of is. Which is sad for me because in Prime he was my absolute most favorite character, hands down. His sacrifice at the end of Predacons Rising was a bit heartbreaking, but completely in-character and felt right. I think bringing him back for RiD made that sacrifice feel less... eh. I know that's his shtick, but it ruined his arc in Prime for me some.

I agree in that I love how Op was portrayed in TF Prime, however RiD15 is written for a much younger audience, despite occurring in the same continuity. This is very much BB's show, not Op's, so they have to build some tension between the two, showing how- while their leadership styles differ, and they both work independently, they don't work well at the same time.

I kind of wish also that Op stayed in the Obi-Wan Kenobi like role as a non-living mentor to BB. But if you go back to the original series, Op's resurrection also made his sacrifice from TF:TM feel less impactful as well. It's an unfortunate trend that will no doubt continue as long as there is Optimus Prime & Transformers.

But as for the show itself, overall its ok, not as great as Prime, but still better than a few TF series I can think of. I am admittedly excited about season three (which is the first time I've actually been excited for this series), simply because I enjoy all things having to do with combiners. I imagine that there has to be an announcement soon as to when it will start airing.
Re: Robots in Disguise Collection DVD: Decepticon Island and Overloaded (1861761)
Posted by william-james88 on February 21st, 2017 @ 9:56am CST
o.supreme wrote:I imagine that there has to be an announcement soon as to when it will start airing.

The crazy part is that we had an aouncement, which said it was to start in Jan 2017

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... 017/36987/

So much for that.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers MPM-4 Optimus Prime - Takara Movie Masterpiece" on EBAY
Buy "GI JOE # 142 MARVEL COMICS November 1993 SNAKE EYES TRANSFORMERS LOW PRINT RUN" on EBAY
Buy "GI JOE # 141 MARVEL COMICS October 1993 SNAKE EYES TRANSFORMERS LOW PRINT RUN" on EBAY
Buy "GI JOE # 140 MARVEL COMICS September 1993 SNAKE EYES TRANSFORMERS LOW PRINT RUN" on EBAY
Buy "SDCC 2013 Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Soundwave MP-02 Toys R Us US (Takara)" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Earthrise Decepticon Airwave Deluxe Class War for Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "New Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-11 Ratchet" on EBAY
Buy "Super 7 Transformers Reaction 2020 Target Exclusive Gold Armor Bumblebee Figure" on EBAY