Robots in Disguise Platinum Set sighted in Singapore

Sunday, March 6th, 2016 9:22pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Hellscream9999   Views: 30,231

Fellow Seibertronians, TFW2005 member BattleUpSaber has reported finding the RID Platinum set in Singapore, where the set is priced at 129.90. The set, first seen at NY Toyfair this year, is of particular note, as it utilizes the Takara Tomy voyager class Grimlock - an extensive retool of Fall of Cybertron Grimlock. The picture has been mirrored, and can be seen below. And, as always, let us know what you think of this in the comments below.

Transformers News: Robots in Disguise Platinum Set sighted in Singapore

Credit(s): TFW2005 member BattleUpSaber

Re: Robots in Disguise Platinum Set sighted in Singapore (1771734)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 6th, 2016 @ 9:24pm CST
Even translating to american dollars, dang that is a bit pricey :MAXIMAL:
Re: Robots in Disguise Platinum Set sighted in Singapore (1771745)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on March 6th, 2016 @ 9:39pm CST
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:Even translating to american dollars, dang that is a bit pricey :MAXIMAL:

Indeed, somewhere near $100 US, this actually makes sense, if hasbro had nothing to do with this mold, they probably had to pay a bit to help offset TT's cost of making the mold. I still find it inexcusable, and won't be buying it, but at least it makes more sense than any of the other ones >:oP
Re: Robots in Disguise Platinum Set sighted in Singapore (1771762)
Posted by BattleUpSaber on March 6th, 2016 @ 10:28pm CST
Cool.
Re: Robots in Disguise Platinum Set sighted in Singapore (1771763)
Posted by william-james88 on March 6th, 2016 @ 10:29pm CST
Re: Robots in Disguise Platinum Set sighted in Singapore (1771767)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on March 6th, 2016 @ 10:42pm CST
william-james88 wrote:I am wondering if anyone happy with the announcement that this mold was coming to the west will still buy it at its approximate 100$ US price tag.

Nope =;
Re: Robots in Disguise Platinum Set sighted in Singapore (1771770)
Posted by BattleUpSaber on March 6th, 2016 @ 10:52pm CST
william-james88 wrote:I am wondering if anyone happy with the announcement that this mold was coming to the west will still buy it at its approsimate 100$ US price tag. And while that price blows, it is very close to the other prices we have seen. If 3 insecticons cost 75$, a deluxe and voyager set being around that is not unimaginable.

Do note that toys tend to be over charged around here, so if the set goes for $130SGD here that should be around $65USD, not $95.

Which is still overpriced, but it's better than what we have here.
Re: Robots in Disguise Platinum Set sighted in Singapore (1771782)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on March 6th, 2016 @ 11:58pm CST
BattleUpSaber wrote:

Which is still overpriced, but it's better than what we have here.

HA! No way it's going to be that cheap, $65 is actually comparable to a decent deal :roll:
Re: Robots in Disguise Platinum Set sighted in Singapore (1771786)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on March 7th, 2016 @ 12:50am CST
I'm just glad I got the Takara version when I could. The price was a lot better and the Takara color scheme is more screen accurate.
Re: Robots in Disguise Platinum Set sighted in Singapore (1771794)
Posted by william-james88 on March 7th, 2016 @ 6:27am CST
BattleUpSaber wrote:

Which is still overpriced, but it's better than what we have here.

But they dont. Time and time again, Singapore seem to have had lower prices on these sets. Look at the platinum seekers: http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... jet/32433/

They were priced at $109.90 SGD which is approximately $78.89 USD, and Target sold them for $82 USD. So yeah, I really think it will be closer to 100$ for that 2 pack.
Re: Robots in Disguise Platinum Set sighted in Singapore (1771822)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on March 7th, 2016 @ 9:28am CST

I still remember the era of G1 reissues being close to normal price - Prowl, Hoist, and Sideswipe being $15 each at KB Toys and all three insecticons packed together for $35 at TRU.
Re: Robots in Disguise Platinum Set sighted in Singapore (1771828)
Posted by no-one on March 7th, 2016 @ 9:59am CST
I was happy to hear it was coming to the US, but I knew that it was going to be overpriced. If it was just Grimlock and not another Beedeco I might consider it, even with Platinum pricing.

I guess if someone was interested in that Grimlock mold; what's the magic price point to make it worth your while?

But then again Tak's can be picked up from Amazon for under $45 shipped... :-?
Re: Robots in Disguise Platinum Set sighted in Singapore (1771853)
Posted by MemphisR56 on March 7th, 2016 @ 11:08am CST
carytheone wrote:

But then again Tak's can be picked up from Amazon for under $45 shipped... :-?

Just as a reality check, a 2 pack set containing the same grimlock mold (prior to retooling) with a healthy amount of chrome and superfluous chromed up deluxe movie prime were released at retail for $30 (currently sitting on clearance at most shops at £17.50 near me).

Re: Robots in Disguise Platinum Set sighted in Singapore (1771858)
Posted by william-james88 on March 7th, 2016 @ 11:28am CST
MemphisR56 wrote:There is no way that 1 voyager and a shampoo bottle simplified up-scale figure not intended for my demographic are worth $100 together.

What are you referring to? The Bee it comes with is the TAV/RID Bumblebee toy.
Re: Robots in Disguise Platinum Set sighted in Singapore (1771860)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 7th, 2016 @ 11:33am CST
Re: Robots in Disguise Platinum Set sighted in Singapore (1771862)
Posted by no-one on March 7th, 2016 @ 11:39am CST
william-james88 wrote:What are you referring to? The Bee it comes with is the TAV/RID Bumblebee toy.
Sabrblade wrote:A "simplified up-scale" of what, exactly? That Warrior Bumblebee mold is its own mold.
This of course...

Re: Robots in Disguise Platinum Set sighted in Singapore (1771889)
Posted by MemphisR56 on March 7th, 2016 @ 1:17pm CST

My apologies folks, please disregard.
Re: Robots in Disguise Platinum Set sighted in Singapore (1771941)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 7th, 2016 @ 4:25pm CST
MemphisR56 wrote:Oh, I guess it's a completely different mold than I thought. I figured it was the super size 3 step bumbles.

My apologies folks, please disregard.

Dafuq R U smoking, guys? That's clearly the normal deluxe version in the set.
Re: Robots in Disguise Platinum Set sighted in Singapore (1771958)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on March 7th, 2016 @ 5:38pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:

My apologies folks, please disregard.

Dafuq R U smoking, guys? That's clearly the normal deluxe version in the set.

Probably the same stuff the guys who set the prices for these sets are smoking |:|
Re: Robots in Disguise Platinum Set sighted in Singapore (1771962)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 7th, 2016 @ 5:49pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

My apologies folks, please disregard.

Dafuq R U smoking, guys? That's clearly the normal deluxe version in the set.

--"We gotta get our hands on that stuff, man."
--"Yeeeeaaaahhh......"

Re: Robots in Disguise Platinum Set sighted in Singapore (1771963)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on March 7th, 2016 @ 5:50pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

My apologies folks, please disregard.

Dafuq R U smoking, guys? That's clearly the normal deluxe version in the set.

--"We gotta get our hands on that stuff, man."
--"Yeeeeaaaahhh......"

No, no, no, no, stronger than that :-P

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "GRIMLOCK - Transformers Robots in Disguise - Warrior Class" on EBAY
Buy "2015 McDonald’s Happy Meal Toy - Hasbro Transformers #2 Grimlock Green Dinosaur" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots In Disguise Cliff Jumper Battle Hammer Autobot Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers-Hasbro Transformers Gen Legends Brawn" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro Titans Return Brainstorm, Chromedome, Highbrow, and Hardhead" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro Titans Return Blaster and Rewind" on EBAY