Robots In Disguise Ruination Galleries Online Now!

Robots In Disguise Ruination Galleries Online Now!

Saturday, May 26th, 2007 10:07pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Hotrod   Views: 10,929

The evil Decepticon combiner from Robots In Disguise, Ruination, has just arrived at Seibertron.com. As Ruination readies himself for battle check out 87 images of the Decepticon warrior. Once you have viewed the combined form check out the individual Decepticons that form Ruination. View the galleries for:

Mega-Octane
Ro-tor
Armorhide
Rollbar
Movor

Once you are done checking out the latest galleries do not forget to check out the rest of Seibertron.com's Toy Galleries.

Credit(s): Seibertron

Re: Robots In Disguise Ruination Galleries Online Now! (137930)
Posted by ZoneDaiatlas on May 26th, 2007 @ 11:03pm CDT
Re: Robots In Disguise Ruination Galleries Online Now! (137942)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on May 26th, 2007 @ 11:21pm CDT
I had no idea that these molds were reissued so many times. How come these molds are still good but others arent? Im glad they use it so many times. If they didnt i wouldnt have the combaticons. These are some of my favortite Transformers.
Re: Robots In Disguise Ruination Galleries Online Now! (137989)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on May 27th, 2007 @ 12:06am CDT
ZoneDaiatlas wrote:I always liked the Takara's Car Robot verison over the RID because of the simple fact of the upside down Generation 2 Autobot symbol on the figures. I remember buying them from Bigbadtoystre and it had the 15yr Anniversary sticker on them...

Yep, I also love the upside down G2 logo.

Though I always wondered why Hasbro decided to change the colors for the US release. I thought the Car Robots paint scheme looked great
Re: Robots In Disguise Ruination Galleries Online Now! (138005)
Posted by hyperconvoy69 on May 27th, 2007 @ 12:39am CDT
I would love to see a pic of the blue RID Armorhide replaced with the desert camo version on RID Ruination, with gold combiner parts, and a comparison shot with the Car Robots release of the figure.
Re: Robots In Disguise Ruination Galleries Online Now! (138006)
Posted by metalformer on May 27th, 2007 @ 12:44am CDT
This is a glorious day.... for me at least! XD Bruticus is one of my top favorite G1 combiners and having him repainted so much is so cool I don't mind the excessive clones of him there are! ^^

Colors are quite good this time as they match the image I have in my mind of how military vehicles should look. Though I am not completely sure about Vort... I mean, Ro-Tor (KILL the guy that came up with such names! >_<).

Pic Number three (http://seibertron.com/toys/fullsize.php ... =2&image=3) is what impresses me. Such a massive display of brutality about to be unleashed! I just LOVE it! ^^ BTW, which version is that on the far left? I love that camo sceheme and how ALL units have it. The "tiger/camo" scehem on the far right is also awesome!
Re: Robots In Disguise Ruination Galleries Online Now! (138073)
Posted by shortround on May 27th, 2007 @ 3:38am CDT
Re: Robots In Disguise Ruination Galleries Online Now! (138205)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on May 27th, 2007 @ 10:11am CDT
Good stuff Ryan.

This is one of the few occasions when I like the new name over the origional. Personaly, I think the Name Ruination would be better suited for the Constructicons, but renaming Devistaror is pretty much sacrelig.
Re: Robots In Disguise Ruination Galleries Online Now! (138212)
Posted by Exulted Unicron on May 27th, 2007 @ 10:18am CDT
another awesome gallery. I thank you and I want him so much now
Re: Robots In Disguise Ruination Galleries Online Now! (138218)
Posted by jgilkinson on May 27th, 2007 @ 10:25am CDT
I still remember seeing these guys in walmart and buying them all up at once since i only had vortex of the g1 group
Re: Robots In Disguise Ruination Galleries Online Now! (138277)
Posted by JazZeke on May 27th, 2007 @ 11:51am CDT
COME-BACKICONS!!!
Re: Robots In Disguise Ruination Galleries Online Now! (138291)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 27th, 2007 @ 12:20pm CDT
Megatron_Wolf wrote:I had no idea that these molds were reissued so many times. How come these molds are still good but others arent?

Mold updates, that's why. I recognise these two mold updates:

G1 - G2: a hole was added on Onslaught's missile launcher unit for the missile gun to be attached. That hole still remains in the following update.
G2 - Car Robots: holes were added to the smaller member's gun so they can form larger guns for Baldigus / Ruination to use.

When updated, the mold is recreated. That's why :)

shortround wrote:I wonder if the missile fires or if it is like amercian version where they remove the spring.

It fires. Those oddly-colored springloaded guns were not in the original, and admit it, it would be kind of silly if you had a missile-firing gun added to the mix that doesn't actually fire :P
Besides, Toy Safety Laws had been updated by the time G2 hit. Instead of having missiles not fire, the minimum length for projectiles was established: 2 inches.
Re: Robots In Disguise Ruination Galleries Online Now! (138292)
Posted by Hotrod on May 27th, 2007 @ 12:22pm CDT
shortround wrote:I have to say that I can't wait to see the g2 combaticons. I wonder if the missile fires or if it is like amercian version where they remove the spring.

Back in the G2 days the missles fired in the U.S. also.
Re: Robots In Disguise Ruination Galleries Online Now! (138315)
Posted by Seibertron on May 27th, 2007 @ 1:01pm CDT

I'll probably launch a set per day and end these gallery updates with G1 Superion and Bruticus. I'll post the Baldigus gallery today because I've got most of those photos cropped already. I'll post G2 Superion and G2 Bruticus over the next 2 days and then I'll work on Arctic Camo Ruination and Urban Camo Ruination next when I have a chance to do more of the cropping on the bus on my way to and from work (that's when I do most of the cropping now so that I can use my time at home actually taking photos).
Re: Robots In Disguise Ruination Galleries Online Now! (138425)
Posted by Hotrod on May 27th, 2007 @ 3:28pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:I'm glad to see you guys are enjoying these galleries. The Bruticus galleries have been an immense amount of work. It took me 4 or 5 different photoshoot days over the course of 6 months to complete the photography for their galleries ... there's a total of 36 plus the G1/G2 Superion molds and Universe Superion (as well as Rail Racer). That's a total of 62 galleries.

Looking forward to those galleries :grin:
Re: Robots In Disguise Ruination Galleries Online Now! (138432)
Posted by Exulted Unicron on May 27th, 2007 @ 3:38pm CDT
i never actually realised it was an updated mold each time. I thought they used the same one
Re: Robots In Disguise Ruination Galleries Online Now! (138659)
Posted by Roboto750 on May 27th, 2007 @ 9:40pm CDT
Supreme Convoy wrote:

Yep, I also love the upside down G2 logo.

To be honest, I never was a fan of the upside down G2 Autobot logo. It just seemed like a cheap shortcut on Takara's part and really didn't look all that good to me. :RENEGADE:
Re: Robots In Disguise Ruination Galleries Online Now! (138735)
Posted by Hotrod on May 27th, 2007 @ 10:07pm CDT
Yesterday Seibertron brought us galleries of the evil Decepticon combiner from Robots In Disguise, Ruination. Ruination is a repaint of the Japanese Car Robot's Baldigus. Now Seibertron has posted an awsome 107 image gallery of Baldigus. He has also posted the galleries for the Decepticons who form Baldigus. View the galleries for:

Dolrailer
Heptor
Dangar
Shuttler
Greenjeeper

Re: Robots In Disguise Ruination Galleries Online Now! (138893)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on May 27th, 2007 @ 11:06pm CDT
I was gonna say ? to the name, but the picture set me straight.

I'm just wondering, when you create these galleries, does the repetativness of repaints ever get you distraught?
Re: Robots In Disguise Ruination Galleries Online Now! (138896)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on May 27th, 2007 @ 11:08pm CDT
Why couldnt Hasbro have made octane like that?
Re: Robots In Disguise Ruination Galleries Online Now! (138902)
Posted by Nemesis Cyberplex on May 27th, 2007 @ 11:20pm CDT
YOu know, the only thing that ever bothered me about the differences between the US & Japanese versions of this guy is the fact that in the US they made them all decepticons & changed faction symbols & such, yet the cartoon was unedited in such a way, & therefore every pic of the Decepticons they have in the cartoon has the Japanese Renegade symbols.

That & Ruination's chestplate should have had a decepticon insignia where Baldigus has his at.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Computron Exclusive Complete Loose Rare Technobots" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Action Figure Japan F/S" on EBAY
Buy "Blitzwing TRANSFORMERS Studio Series 65 Bumblebee Movie toy figure jet plane" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors Legends Ghost Starscream Takara Combiner Wars Ex" on EBAY
Buy "LG50 Sixshot | Japanese Transformers Legends Import Takara Tomy Generations" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Bruticus + Shockwave 6 figures included" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS 1985 G1 Hasbro  Milton Bradley Card # 47 Purple Vs Blue Sky Variant" on EBAY