ROTF Dead End & Ice Cream Twin in Package

Transformers News: ROTF Dead End & Ice Cream Twin in Package

Monday, June 15th, 2009 5:31am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 51,670

The Arker.com has new images of the Transformers Revenge of The Fallen deluxe class twins Mudflap and Skids icecream truck mode and deluxe class Dead End in package.
Click the image to see the original posting.

ROTF Dead End & Ice Cream Twin in Package

ROTF Dead End & Ice Cream Twin in Package

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Credit(s): Real Devastator, the Arker

This article was last modified on Monday, June 15th, 2009 11:57am CDT

Re: ROTF Dead End & Ice Cream Twin in Package (937033)
Posted by Heckfire on June 15th, 2009 @ 6:34am CDT
So, is the Deluxe class version of Dead End a vampire car like the Scout class version?
Re: ROTF Dead End & Ice Cream Twin in Package (937046)
Posted by Zeds on June 15th, 2009 @ 7:24am CDT
Pass.
Re: ROTF Dead End & Ice Cream Twin in Package (937049)
Posted by rpetras on June 15th, 2009 @ 7:32am CDT
I was hoping the ice cream truck would at least be a voyager.

The individual bots are going to be pretty small.
Re: ROTF Dead End & Ice Cream Twin in Package (937051)
Posted by Diem on June 15th, 2009 @ 7:47am CDT
rpetras wrote:I was hoping the ice cream truck would at least be a voyager.

The individual bots are going to be pretty small.

I prefer it this size. If it were a voyager it would be too expensive for the sheer novelty.
Re: ROTF Dead End & Ice Cream Twin in Package (937065)
Posted by Duke of Luns on June 15th, 2009 @ 8:42am CDT
Diem wrote:
rpetras wrote:I was hoping the ice cream truck would at least be a voyager.

The individual bots are going to be pretty small.

I agree. Until I see the movie I have no idea who I'll end up getting, but being a deluxe definitely puts these guys on my radar.

Of course, the Ice Cream truck is tasty enough in it's own right, and the deluxe price point/size is the little bits of oreo inside. Mmm, oreoes :) .
Re: ROTF Dead End & Ice Cream Twin in Package (937074)
Posted by typh0id on June 15th, 2009 @ 9:37am CDT
Dead End reminds me of G1 Runabout...

Ice Cream Truck will soon be mine!
Re: ROTF Dead End & Ice Cream Twin in Package (937088)
Posted by Superior Prime09 on June 15th, 2009 @ 10:43am CDT
Me too, now.... Deadend is a repaint of Sideways, If I'm correct-- I don't go for the repaints, its a waste and a very bad ideal that Hasbro came up with. On the otherhand-- I do have ROTF Ironhide, but I wanted to get him cuz of the Movie accurate weapons.
Re: ROTF Dead End & Ice Cream Twin in Package (937099)
Posted by Dagon on June 15th, 2009 @ 11:16am CDT
Zeds wrote:Pass.

Uh-huh. Me too.
Re: ROTF Dead End & Ice Cream Twin in Package (937102)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 15th, 2009 @ 11:20am CDT
Re: ROTF Dead End & Ice Cream Twin in Package (937122)
Posted by Bouncy X on June 15th, 2009 @ 11:57am CDT
Re: ROTF Dead End & Ice Cream Twin in Package (937126)
Posted by Duke of Luns on June 15th, 2009 @ 12:01pm CDT
Superior Prime09 wrote: I don't go for the repaints, its a waste and a very bad ideal that Hasbro came up with.

Were that true, then we wouldn't have the datsuns, seekers, Rumble/Frenzy, Ironhide/Ratchet, Tigertron, Black Arachnia, etc. etc. etc. to the nth degree :P :wink: .

But anyway, repainting/reusing parts is a common practice. Most early He-Man figures had repainted arms/legs/chests/waists, a LOT of Toybiz marvel figures reused various molds to make new characters(including some Legends), G.I. Joe reused some parts, and I'm sure DC's done it too. However, I will concurr that it's more noticeable in modern Transformers because they usually are a straight repaint, with no new parts(usually).

Now then, back on topic, has there ever been a Transformer like Skids/Mudflap that required both bots to make one vehicle? The only ones I can think of are the Micromaster combiners, and there were a lot of them. Animorphs had a T-Rex like that too, it required three members. Any others?
Re: ROTF Dead End & Ice Cream Twin in Package (937134)
Posted by T-Macksimus on June 15th, 2009 @ 12:09pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:The only problem I see with packaging the Twins split like that is that kids might see the ice cream truck split apart and think it's broken.

I'm pretty sure that's why Hasbro placed the "Two Autobots Combine" sticker where they did. I know that some folks are worried about the confusion factor but to me it looks like there is more than enough indication on the packaging to eliminate any chance that kids or parents will be scratching their heads and thinking "WTF?" If they miss the one yellow sticker and the fact that both names and the faces of both bots are right there on the front of the package, they probably shouldnt be messing with something as complicated as a deluxe class Transformer to begin with. Gravity bots or FAB's might be more their speed and any parents not paying attention to what they are getting for their own kids are piss-poor parents as far as I'm concerned.

That having been said, this particular parent is digging how Dead End looks. Sideways didn't excite me much but I'm a sucker for black cars. That Ice Cream truck...seeing those twins in that alt mode is one of the few things that would actually make me consider drinking before 10:00 a.m. And I don't normally drink at all anymore. I know my youngest son will pester me for it and I'll probably cave but I'm likely going to make him work his butt off and earn it. I'll play with it after he gets his but I doubt I'll seek it out for myself. Parental Perogative, I can get away with that. :P

Duke of Luns, I think you pretty much have it with the Micromasters as far as both bots for a vehicle but several went the other way for the 2 vehicle = 1 bot. (which I tink none of us really ever considered those falling into any kind of gestalt category)
In fact, after thinking about it, they started that way early on what with the Tape Combiners and the Duocons but I think the MM's were the only ones to go the other direction.
Re: ROTF Dead End & Ice Cream Twin in Package (937160)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 15th, 2009 @ 1:02pm CDT
Re: ROTF Dead End & Ice Cream Twin in Package (937229)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 15th, 2009 @ 3:09pm CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:I like Dead End but im passing on the icecream truck. Now is Dead End the same bot as the scout figure or is this suppose to be the G1 character?
I don't think any of the Movie/ROTF figures are supposed to be any G1 characters.
Re: ROTF Dead End & Ice Cream Twin in Package (937239)
Posted by SonicWave on June 15th, 2009 @ 3:35pm CDT
I think I may just get that icecream truck just to annoy my fiancee seeing as she hates it so much =D
Re: ROTF Dead End & Ice Cream Twin in Package (937247)
Posted by Stress on June 15th, 2009 @ 3:43pm CDT
well atleast there going to be cheap, was hoping voyager, but i can handle this. =D i'll just think of this as a price cut item lol
Re: ROTF Dead End & Ice Cream Twin in Package (937315)
Posted by jaws on June 15th, 2009 @ 6:03pm CDT
Definitely want ice cream truck twins, skipping Dead End.
Re: ROTF Dead End & Ice Cream Twin in Package (937323)
Posted by Kibble on June 15th, 2009 @ 6:24pm CDT
Dead End looks nice, but I don't think the mold warrants a second purchase. I'd be all for a Human Alliance type of this figure, though! But I gotta say, I wish they'd shy far, far away from the unpainted, "black rimmed" wheels though. Makes the alt modes look cheap and plastic-like, which they are, but preferably wouldn't look. Black rims suck on real cars anyhow...makes them look cheap and crappy-like.
Re: ROTF Dead End & Ice Cream Twin in Package (937378)
Posted by Diem on June 15th, 2009 @ 8:45pm CDT
Bouncy X wrote:so i take it they get somehow damaged or something in the movie and have to take a new form?

If I know Michael Bay, bad comedy and bad filmaking generally, they will start seperate and be forced to merge later on for an infiltration scene where they're "amusingly" arguing with each other the whole time.

Think "pantomime horse" and just enlarge it a bit...
Re: ROTF Dead End & Ice Cream Twin in Package (937382)
Posted by LiKwid on June 15th, 2009 @ 8:53pm CDT
Both of those are a purchase fr me.. I've wanted that ice cream truck mold since I first laid eyes on it :p .. It's very different and thats what makes it cool :p.. Dead end's paint scheme is wicked ..

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #245 - On a Boat
"On a Boat"
Posted: Saturday, April 4th, 2020

Buy "Hasbro Transformers DOTM HA Backfire with Spike MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Berserker Sixwing! White Micromaster Combiner 2003 Takara Chase Set" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2017 The Last Knight Premium Series Deluxe Decepticon Berserker" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 1984 Insecticon Bombshell complete nice shape G1 80's toys    513" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Siege War for Cybertron Deluxe Class, Ratchet  (Exclusive)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers The Last Knight TLK Toys R Us TRU Infernocus & Quintessa 100% Comp" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation Power of the Primes POTP Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botbots Series 1 Jock Squad FIT NESS MONSTER orange fitness tracker" on EBAY