ROTF: Huge Autobots Spoiler!!!

Transformers News: ROTF:  Huge Autobots Spoiler!!!

Tuesday, September 23rd, 2008 9:15AM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Rumors
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 28,884

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

You saw it, don't read more if you do not want more possible spoiler action.




**SPOILER**


Two Autobots will make a combination in the movie that is more prone to the new cartoons like Armada, and Cybertron, rather than what we would consider original gestalt combining. And it's not the 'twins'.

To be more specific the rumor is that Optimus Prime and Jetfire will combine. This information comes from a HASBRO 2009 brand preview.

You can see the original thread, with the poster's report here.
Credit(s): llamatron, TFW 2005
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: ROTF: Huge Autobots Spoiler!!! (793134)
Posted by woosh on September 23rd, 2008 @ 9:19am CDT
let's hope for combining Legends, that'd be awesome.
And i hope that Jetfire will have a robot mode and a GOOD alt.

the idea of combining is kinda cheesy. i dont see it in the movie...
Re: ROTF: Huge Autobots Spoiler!!! (793138)
Posted by Counterpunch on September 23rd, 2008 @ 9:21am CDT
This means 2 things.

1. We're all buying Leader Optimus Prime...again.
2. Somewhere, someone is going to yell out 'Japan is in danger!!!' when those two combine. (It will be me.)
Re: ROTF: Huge Autobots Spoiler!!! (793143)
Posted by King Henrik on September 23rd, 2008 @ 9:26am CDT
i'm starting to think too much info is being leaked and it's all part of bay's misinformation campaign. there are too many "oh trust me this is a legit source" going on and i don't believe it. also in terms of combiners, other than the original gestalts, the idea of combing is cheesy. I say it's ok for the originals, because the idea of a bunch of robots combining into a giant hulking mass capable of only mindless destruction is a cool idea. They sacrifice speed, numbers, and for the most part intelligence for pure power. that makes sense because it is a big trade off. any other combiners in the transformers mythos didn't have such consequences other than the loss of numbers and it's no where near as interesting.
Re: ROTF: Huge Autobots Spoiler!!! (793147)
Posted by Tigertrack on September 23rd, 2008 @ 9:30am CDT
King Henrik wrote:i'm starting to think too much info is being leaked and it's all part of bay's misinformation campaign. there are too many "oh trust me this is a legit source" going on and i don't believe it. also in terms of combiners, other than the original gestalts, the idea of combing is cheesy. I say it's ok for the originals, because the idea of a bunch of robots combining into a giant hulking mass capable of only mindless destruction is a cool idea. They sacrifice speed, numbers, and for the most part intelligence for pure power. that makes sense because it is a big trade off. any other combiners in the transformers mythos didn't have such consequences other than the loss of numbers and it's no where near as interesting.


Why wouldn't two robots combine to make the combination more powerful than the individual? Especially if they can switch spots, like the Landcross figures.

It's kind of cool.

Still I hope we do not get any yelling out of attacks, and stock footage combinations, and it should go okay.

If true that is.

I also thought this was too convenient to let off the hook as not being misinformation.
Re: ROTF: Huge Autobots Spoiler!!! (793155)
Posted by omega666 on September 23rd, 2008 @ 9:45am CDT
I really really hope it's not true. Prime is PIRME! He does not need to combine with anyone.
Re: ROTF: Huge Autobots Spoiler!!! (793158)
Posted by powersteamracing on September 23rd, 2008 @ 9:46am CDT
I don't believe only because I pray it's not legit.

I agree that the only senseable combinations are combiners, and not just one TF wearing the other as armor.

Can anyone say "Go Go PowerRangers?"

If this happens I give up on the movie line. The toys are becoming ridiculous as it is already for the movie, and there is no way I would buy another Prime just because he combines with Jet Fire.

I say make Jet Fire double cross the autobots, or IF he has to combine with Prime, make him double cross the autobots, then go to the decpticons, and say to them "since I combined with prime, I have all his data/specs, let's build Nemesis prime! Then I'd be happy :mrgreen:
Re: ROTF: Huge Autobots Spoiler!!! (793160)
Posted by King Henrik on September 23rd, 2008 @ 9:47am CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:
King Henrik wrote:i'm starting to think too much info is being leaked and it's all part of bay's misinformation campaign. there are too many "oh trust me this is a legit source" going on and i don't believe it. also in terms of combiners, other than the original gestalts, the idea of combing is cheesy. I say it's ok for the originals, because the idea of a bunch of robots combining into a giant hulking mass capable of only mindless destruction is a cool idea. They sacrifice speed, numbers, and for the most part intelligence for pure power. that makes sense because it is a big trade off. any other combiners in the transformers mythos didn't have such consequences other than the loss of numbers and it's no where near as interesting.


Why wouldn't two robots combine to make the combination more powerful than the individual? Especially if they can switch spots, like the Landcross figures.

It's kind of cool.

Still I hope we do not get any yelling out of attacks, and stock footage combinations, and it should go okay.

If true that is.

I also thought this was too convenient to let off the hook as not being misinformation.



no what i meant was i like the original idea of the gestalts because there's consequence to it. Specifically the constructicons give up their individuality, speed, intelligence and numbers to make this simple minded destructive force called devastator. things like the armada and energon combiners just combined and they were just a more powerful version of the character without any real loss. i like the idea that there is a sacrifice in combining, that's what makes it interesting. I'll admit i've never seen landcross in the animation, so i can't really comment on him but i do know of the figure.
Re: ROTF: Huge Autobots Spoiler!!! (793163)
Posted by JaZzTaStIc on September 23rd, 2008 @ 9:50am CDT
i throught jetfire was goin to be a con in the new film?!?!?!
Re: ROTF: Huge Autobots Spoiler!!! (793170)
Posted by Energon on September 23rd, 2008 @ 9:58am CDT
Well, we all know that the writers of the last movie had to put some pervert thing in the movie like masterbation, then it would make sense for them to put some equally perverted thing in this movie like that pervert robot Jetfire powerlinking with Prime. I sure hope it is a rumor, cause that would just be disappointing.
Re: ROTF: Huge Autobots Spoiler!!! (793172)
Posted by King Henrik on September 23rd, 2008 @ 9:58am CDT
JaZzTaStIc wrote:i throught jetfire was goin to be a con in the new film?!?!?!


he probably starts out as one and switches, if anything just like the original. but i still smell misinformation.
Re: ROTF: Huge Autobots Spoiler!!! (793185)
Posted by Autobot Firestorm on September 23rd, 2008 @ 10:16am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:This means 2 things.

1. We're all buying Leader Optimus Prime...again.
2. Somewhere, someone is going to yell out 'Japan is in danger!!!' when those two combine. (It will be me.)



Remember...Orci said that Hasbro made it clear that they didn't want people to have to go out and buy duplicate toys? From an engineering perspective - my guess is that Jetfire will be designed to combine with current Prime.....perhaps at point where Prime's legs attach to his torso? Just a thought.
Re: ROTF: Huge Autobots Spoiler!!! (793194)
Posted by Iron Prime on September 23rd, 2008 @ 10:37am CDT
I really hope this is misinformation. I never like Prime combining with other Autobots....
Re: ROTF: Huge Autobots Spoiler!!! (793219)
Posted by bossbot on September 23rd, 2008 @ 11:38am CDT
GOD i hope this is fake.....

gestalts (devastator!) would be awesome.

The twins turning into an icecreamtruck, arcee splitting into 3 motorcycles.... a little out there but it could work

but for cybertron's sake : HANDS OF PRIME
Re: ROTF: Huge Autobots Spoiler!!! (793222)
Posted by Hard Hacker on September 23rd, 2008 @ 11:41am CDT
Spoilers:

Prime dies... again.

Though I imagine a combinination would be interesting to see. A combining Prime is nothing new after all.

It might be dificult for the toys in terms of engineering though, what with the complex transformations that comes standard with the Movieverse. So it could be very good, or very bad.

We shall see.
Re: ROTF: Huge Autobots Spoiler!!! (793223)
Posted by Rocketeer on September 23rd, 2008 @ 11:42am CDT
I'm sorry... what?
Prime and JETFIRE???

Sure, I guess Jetfire could be the one who develops the technology, what with being a scientist and all that.
But I don't see Bay as making *any* of the bots be brilliant scientists.
If ya know what I'm sayin'.

If Prime *does* combine with someone, I hope it's Ultra Magnus.

Yes, I know we haven't heard anything about Ultra Magnus being in the movie.
AND THAT'S WHY HE WILL BE!
Re: ROTF: Huge Autobots Spoiler!!! (793235)
Posted by Kryptikore on September 23rd, 2008 @ 11:59am CDT
It's very well possible that jetfire will combine with prime! Even to the point we may even see overload from the Armada series! Every one wanted Megatron to turn into a weapon, but there was too much mass difference! So in bay's mind he would achieve combining and turning a robot into a weapon with the whole (Optimus, Jetfire, and Overload) trio. If I remember correctly Overload was some huge cannons on Primes shoulders. We got to remember that they are not just looking at the G1 series! Heck if they could reasonably fit Beast Wars in there they would! Which they sort have done already making the TF's look bugish?!? There was also the rummor of no triple changers, but isn't a robot having a (Robot, Alt. and Combined Mode) a triple changer technicaly? Who knows what's up for sure though dispite the amount of leaked info? A little too much if you ask me.
Re: ROTF: Huge Autobots Spoiler!!! (793295)
Posted by Autobot Firestorm on September 23rd, 2008 @ 1:58pm CDT
Given the twins, Devastator, and now Prime/Jetfire = 3 combiners for this movie?? Is that a bit excessive?
Re: ROTF: Huge Autobots Spoiler!!! (793299)
Posted by rwalsh17 on September 23rd, 2008 @ 2:02pm CDT
Let's say that somehow this is a legitimate report and not just more 'misinformation,' even if the toys DO combine, it doesn't GUARANTEE that the robots in the film will.

Look at the voyager Blackout and deluxe Skorponok figures from the first movie line - Scorponok could 'combine' with Blackout in alt mode for a 'pincher-spinning-helicopter-type-thing' that wasn't in the film at all. If the action figures of Prime and Jetfire combine into a super robot, it might be a toy gimmick and little more.

On the other hand, anything is possible considering Hasbro's insatiable thirst for our money...
Re: ROTF: Huge Autobots Spoiler!!! (793320)
Posted by PettitB on September 23rd, 2008 @ 2:27pm CDT
Combiners? Is He Crazy?
I Hated The 'Unicron Trilogy'


WHy Bay? Why? :-x
Re: ROTF: Huge Autobots Spoiler!!! (793324)
Posted by Skullgrin140 on September 23rd, 2008 @ 2:38pm CDT
*Sigh* Save the combining to the combiners. Thats what they are there for.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Krok and Gatorface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Rumble(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #228 - Afterthoughts
Twincast / Podcast #228:
"Afterthoughts"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, August 12th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "Estee Lauder THE EDIT Eyeshadow Palette 2 Shade Transformers  NIB 100% Authentic" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Masterpiece TRU Bumblebee Figure w/ 6" Spike Witwicky" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Novastar Nova Star MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Timelines Nova Prime TFCC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Arms Micron M-01 Shining OP Model Kit Clear Dark Blue" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Flip Racers Airport Blastoff Blades" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Universal Studios Exclusive Transformers - Evac Statue 12" Statue" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers scramble city Combined soldier Bule Ticus Combaton D-69 from Japan" on EBAY