ROTF Ramjet and Skywarp at ASDA in the UK

ROTF Ramjet and Skywarp at ASDA in the UK

Wednesday, July 15th, 2009 2:20pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 29,085

New seibertron.com member "golf123morgan" has told us that he found both Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Skywarp and Ramjet at ASDA UK. This would make the UK the second non-US market after Canada to receive these toys.
The price is 25 pounds.
ASDA does not list them directly on their website it just lists the Voyager assortment with stock photos of ROTF Voyager Optimus Prime, Ironhide and Starscream. But the thing about this listing is that the listing marks them as "exclusive to ASDA". And as the Voyager assortment isn't exclusive to ASDA but on general retail in the UK we assume that this is confirmation for these two figures being available.
As we have no sort of photographic proof we treat this as a rumour so take this as a grain of salt.

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Credit(s): golf123morgan, ASDA

Re: ROTF Ramjet and Skywarp at ASDA in the UK (955712)
Posted by waaaaghlord on July 15th, 2009 @ 2:35pm CDT
I hadn't realised that this was newsworthy. They've been out at Asda for the last month, and at least some stores have already marked the price down to 19.99GBP.

Also could this thread either be moved to the toys forum or locked so that it's not floating around at the top of sightings for too long?
Re: ROTF Ramjet and Skywarp at ASDA in the UK (955758)
Posted by gingermoney on July 15th, 2009 @ 3:10pm CDT
no suprise asda is owned by walmart so they get the walmart exclusives sooner or later
Re: ROTF Ramjet and Skywarp at ASDA in the UK (955766)
Posted by Autobots....FIRE! on July 15th, 2009 @ 3:20pm CDT
Re: ROTF Ramjet and Skywarp at ASDA in the UK (955903)
Posted by The Prophet on July 15th, 2009 @ 6:35pm CDT
Kool! I hope this toy comes to the US.
Re: ROTF Ramjet and Skywarp at ASDA in the UK (956136)
Posted by Shiny-Happy-Megatron on July 16th, 2009 @ 4:23am CDT
Awww man, I didn't know this wasn't common knowledge! I could have got my name on the front page i saw these in Carlisle Asda a fortnight ago :sad: and they were only £20!

Anyway, I picked up Skywarp and he is once cool looking Transformer. Don't think I'll bother picking up Ramjet though, unless I saw him reduced down a couple of quid!
Re: ROTF Ramjet and Skywarp at ASDA in the UK (956156)
Posted by DreadwindsGhost on July 16th, 2009 @ 5:21am CDT
autobotsfire wrote:Yeah I saw these in ASDA Runcorn a month ago or so. Last time I checked they were down to £15.

They're £15 each in Lincoln's Asda right now.
Re: ROTF Ramjet and Skywarp at ASDA in the UK (956576)
Posted by doomseer on July 16th, 2009 @ 8:55pm CDT
Yeah, I've seen these voyagers there too. I bought Rampage for £13.99 too then saw him for sale at £8 in ASDA the following day. Was not impressed!

Strangely enough they are selling Scout classes at £7.97 still, when for 3p more you can get a deluxe size instead for £8!

It is also the one and only place I have seen Depthcharge ( tho he's not there now! ;-p )

For some reason ASDA in Runcorn is really good for transformers. I've had a few surprises from there.
Re: ROTF Ramjet and Skywarp at ASDA in the UK (956835)
Posted by Renketsu on July 17th, 2009 @ 7:49am CDT
As two of the posters here are familiar with Runcorn ASDA, I thought the comic mart thingy going on at the Shopping City *Ahem* Halton Lea (never going to get used to the new name) tomorrow from 11am to 5pm may be of interest.

Its £1.50 to get in (iirc) and there is an early bird fee for those who don't like lie ins on the weekend and want to try and grab a quick bargain.

Not much on the net about it... best I could find was on the following ebay page. There are flyers around the shopping centre though.

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Lucky-Tar ... QQ_armrsZ1

If it is not great, then don't shoot the messenger - it's got nowt to do with me... I am just going to have a look around. :lol:

Andy

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers 3 Dark of the Moon Movie Commander Class Ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers HUB Dark Of The Moon Cyberverse: MEGATRON (Unopened) Series 1 003" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-7 Bumblebee Hasbro Takara Tomy New" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-11 AUTOBOT RATCHET Takara Tomy" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage 1985 G1 Transformers - Devastator Scrapper Payloader - Near Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G1 Transformers Scrapper 1984" on EBAY