ROTF Technical Stats *Spoilers*
Wednesday, June 17th, 2009 3:07pm CDTCategory: Movie Related News
Posted by: Dead Metal Views: 18,965
They do contain spoilers so be careful:
here have been some crazy stats floating around the past few weeks regarding Paramount's Transformers: Renvege of the Fallen. While they are true, they paint only a small picture of what this film packs under the hood.
Paramount has passed along a new facts sheet for the film that focuses on technical accomplishments achieved by Michael Bay and the gifted folks at ILM. There are some mind spoilers embedded so proceed at your own risk.
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen arrives in theaters and IMAX a week from today.
* 14 robots last time, 46 robots this time (ILM only)
* If you had all the gold ever mined in the history of man, you could build a little more than half of Devastator.
* Optimus Prime will be life size on IMAX screens in many forest fight shots.
* Devastator's hand is traveling 390 miles per hour when he punches the pyramid.
* The pyramid destruction simulation was 8 times bigger than the old rigid simulation all-time record holder at ILM.
* All robot parts laid out end to end would stretch from one side of California to the other, about 180 miles
* Devastator's parts stacked tip to tip would be as tall as 58 empire state buildings.
* If all the texture maps on the show were printed on 1 square yard sheets, they would cover 13 football fields.
To read all of it please click here.
Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your transformers related news!
Credit(s): Dan Bradley
Most Popular Transformers News
Official Images of Wave 3 Netflix Transformers Figures Found on Singaporian Contest Flyer29,404 views
Transformers Masterpiece MP-52+ Thundercracker Officially Revealed with Lots of Beautiful Images26,911 views
List of Global Retailers to carry the X-Men Transformers Collaboration Figure with New Preorders20,201 views
Most Recent Transformers News
TFSource News - MP-52+ Thundercracker, MP-51 Arcee, God Neptune, Earthrise, Xtransbots & More!Posted 1 day ago
Posted by sideswipe_95 on June 17th, 2009 @ 3:17pm CDT
Posted by YRQRM0 on June 17th, 2009 @ 5:00pm CDT
Posted by Ronynus Prime on June 17th, 2009 @ 5:17pm CDT
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 17th, 2009 @ 5:37pm CDT
Posted by Primus C-00 on June 17th, 2009 @ 6:26pm CDT
Posted by Zeds on June 17th, 2009 @ 7:34pm CDT
Posted by Autobobby1 on June 17th, 2009 @ 8:07pm CDT
Posted by T-Macksimus on June 18th, 2009 @ 11:27am CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:I wonder how they figured these out? And who actually had enough time on their hands to do it?
That"s what I was wondering. Some of the most creative and technical minds in the industry and this is what they think of in their off time. I'm just glad their collective genius is directed towards entertainment.
Posted by Dead Metal on June 18th, 2009 @ 11:49am CDT
PlasmaPrime wrote:Notice that next to the robot count it says 'ILM only'... THAT's what I like to hear! I believe Bay's fledgling investment Digital Domain (I could be wrong about the name) had handled roughly 50% of the effects in the first film to keep costs down; now, with the bigger budget, Paramount can afford to fully fund ILM's efforts. This means no blurred CGI action sequences!
Bay's team made 1/4 of the special effects.