ROTF Wave 1 & 2 Released in Canada

ROTF Wave 1 & 2 Released in Canada

Sunday, May 17th, 2009 3:15pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Down_Shift   Views: 18,530

Recently many fans have been lucky enough to find a few of the Wave 1 figures early at their local Walmarts or Targets. Canada as it would seem is no different, but with a little extra hitting shelves too.

Cybertron.ca member jacobot has not only found Wave 1 Scouts, Deluxes, and Voyagers along with several other members of the site, but now it would seem he has also found Wave 1 FABs & Wave 2 scouts as seen in his picture below.

ROTF Wave 1 & 2 Released in Canada

Seems street dates are more of a guideline then a general rule.

Have you seen these new hot tickets in your area? If so, why not share it with your friends here on Seibertron.com in our Sightings Section

To see the original sightings thread over at Cybertron.ca click here

Happy Hunting!

Credit(s): jacobot of Cybertron.ca

Re: ROTF Wave 1 & 2 Released in Canada (922692)
Posted by Blurrz on May 17th, 2009 @ 3:25pm CDT
Bwahahah. Canada reigns supreme!
Re: ROTF Wave 1 & 2 Released in Canada (922697)
Posted by Kiva on May 17th, 2009 @ 3:47pm CDT
That reminds me, I gotta go pick up Ransack at my local comic shop.
Because when your not Wal-Mart street dates are so passe
Re: ROTF Wave 1 & 2 Released in Canada (922701)
Posted by guardianprime on May 17th, 2009 @ 4:05pm CDT
*weeps bitterly*

we didnt even get soundwave and bumblebee where i live! (tho i heard no one really got those)
Re: ROTF Wave 1 & 2 Released in Canada (922725)
Posted by Soldier of Shockwave on May 17th, 2009 @ 5:25pm CDT
My God! We seem to have entered a parallel dimension where America is the last country to get Transformers instead of the first...(lol :lol: )

I'm starting to think that Hasbro/Takara is releasing them everywhere else so that they can reap in the money from the double price other countries are paying in some sort of attempt to reduce shelf-warming in America.
(Cause you know that eventually ROTF stuff is going to warm just as bad as the first movie did regardless of how much we want it now >_>)

Still, at least SOMEBODY is getting them. I suppose that's better than nobody :roll:.

Re: ROTF Wave 1 & 2 Released in Canada (922735)
Posted by LiKwid on May 17th, 2009 @ 5:51pm CDT
[quote="My other hope is that maybe they are just super stocking up on figures before the release date so that when the time comes there will be no shortage of figures for one and all :grin:Though I am so close to laying siege to the Wal-Mart until they surrender the figures I KNOW they have in the back room, medieval tactics ftw!)[/quote]

I hope the first part is true.. Where I live there was a huge shortage in the key figures..It took me almost a year to get the whole movie cast.

Your second point is so true as well..I have seen the stack of May30th boxes @2 of my wal marts with my own 2 eyes.. I almost convinced a employee to open one of them so I could at least look inside..

Great news for canada.. :sad:
Re: ROTF Wave 1 & 2 Released in Canada (922752)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on May 17th, 2009 @ 6:37pm CDT
Soldier of Shockwave wrote:(Though I am so close to laying siege to the Wal-Mart until they surrender the figures I KNOW they have in the back room, medieval tactics ftw!)

I just got back from my local Wal-Mart, and seeing as how they're already there, maybe if you headed back there now, you might get lucky.
Re: ROTF Wave 1 & 2 Released in Canada (922771)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on May 17th, 2009 @ 8:25pm CDT
Re: ROTF Wave 1 & 2 Released in Canada (922776)
Posted by devil prime on May 17th, 2009 @ 8:44pm CDT
Megatron_Wolf wrote:I hate you hasbro i really really do. If i had Soundwave in my hands right now (like i should) i wouldnt care but, since im sitting here with nothing i damn hasbro to hell where they belong.

This.
Re: ROTF Wave 1 & 2 Released in Canada (922782)
Posted by LiKwid on May 17th, 2009 @ 9:24pm CDT
Darth Bombshell wrote:

I also just got back from my fav walmart and they have pulled ALL of the transformers toys even the animated line..they pulled the pegs down and all of the tags.. I'm hoping :SMUG: there getting ready to start slowly inching the ROTF line out seeing as how they had the ROTF robot heores for like 2 weeks but wouldn't sell them :MAD:
Re: ROTF Wave 1 & 2 Released in Canada (922792)
Posted by Zeds on May 17th, 2009 @ 9:47pm CDT
I picked up BB and Soundwave for a friend at work's son. I was able to grab them for 40% off (only $8.97 CAD each + tax = $10) as TRU had a sale going on at the time on all TFs! At that price I bought 4 more in case some other friend's kids want them for $10 each. Soundwave sucks IMHO and BB well I already have the TFM version.
Re: ROTF Wave 1 & 2 Released in Canada (922896)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on May 18th, 2009 @ 7:55am CDT
Re: ROTF Wave 1 & 2 Released in Canada (922939)
Posted by Down_Shift on May 18th, 2009 @ 10:21am CDT
Immortal Starscream wrote:actualy this is east to beleive, specialy the wave 2 scouts. as I said in my last case assortment update here: http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=53014 we only have wave 2 scouts, neve got wave 1, but all of wave one is in the wave 2 cases.

Ya it's not really unheard of. Even Animated kinda worked out that way in waves 5 and 6. Ontario practically got them both at the same time.

I can't remember have the first wave of leaders been spotted yet?

Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Hollywood Rides Diecast 1:32 Scale Flame Design Jada" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION AUTOBOT QUICK DRAW HOUND Power battler 2014." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 41 Constructicon Scrapmetal - Devastator Arm. MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Predaking - 30th Anniversary New Amazon Exclusive Platinum" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Autobot SLUG - TRU Evolution 2-Pack Exclusive Deluxe New Slag" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Cyberverse Warrior Class Lightning Slash Thundercracker" on EBAY
Buy "JADA 30114 TRANSFORMERS VW VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE BUMBLEBEE 1:24 WITH CHARLIE FIGURE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner force STEELJAW in original packaging !!" on EBAY