Round 2 voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue

Round 2 voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue

Wednesday, December 12th, 2018 9:31am CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 10,820

Transformers News: Round 2 voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue

His opponent will be decided today as it's now Thundercracker and Skywarp's turn to go head to head. Voting is now open for round 2, so as long as you're an Instagram and Facebook user, go and vote to see who you want to see back in the shops. [ur=https://www.instagram.com/p/BrSem4SlAF7/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1jn5iyg4qnfsp]Please go here to cast your vote.[/url]

Do you want to see one of these Seekers back in action again? Are you happy that Astrotrain prevailed over Perceptor? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews.

Credit(s): Carytheone from Seibertron.com, Hasbro Pulse & Transformers Official Instagram accounts

Re: Round 2 voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue (1998451)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 12th, 2018 @ 9:44am CST
Whichever Seeker wins, we lose!
Re: Round 2 voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue (1998452)
Posted by Amelie on December 12th, 2018 @ 9:48am CST
Re: Round 2 voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue (1998453)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on December 12th, 2018 @ 9:50am CST
Amelie wrote:The reissued Minibots are Swerve, Windcharger, Outback and Bumblebee who sports a G1 cartoon accurate head sculpt. This version of G1 Bumblebee was first released back in 2004 as part of the Transformers Collection reissues as part of a six-toy set featuring other minibots.

Tailgate, not Windcharger.
Re: Round 2 voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue (1998459)
Posted by Amelie on December 12th, 2018 @ 10:05am CST
Caelus wrote:

Tailgate, not Windcharger.

:WHISTLE: ...

Thanks for the point out. ;)^
Re: Round 2 voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue (1998460)
Posted by ScottyP on December 12th, 2018 @ 10:11am CST
Sabrblade wrote:Whichever Seeker wins, we lose!
How do I vote for a teleporting Skywarp? That would be neat.

It would be nice to not have to choose though, I agree. Really dug how the WM Starscream had gold tampo for the eyes in lieu of that damn sticker!
Re: Round 2 voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue (1998471)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on December 12th, 2018 @ 11:00am CST
Re: Round 2 voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue (1998473)
Posted by Amelie on December 12th, 2018 @ 11:03am CST
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:I hate Mall-wart. But those prices are tempting. Especially for Bumblebee because of what I see G1 Bumblebees selling for on eBay (why I don't have him yet).

Ignore eBay. Check some Facebook groups for him. It really shouldn't cost you more than £15 for a pretty nice, loose G1 Bumblebee.

Its worth getting this reissue for the new head, though. I'm really pleased with mine - I've been after this version since Takara reissued it, but I was loathe to pay all that money on the whole set.
Re: Round 2 voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue (1998476)
Posted by Overcracker on December 12th, 2018 @ 11:11am CST
ZeroWolf wrote:Thanks to an update from fellow Seibertron user, Carytheone, we can now confirm that Astrotrain has won the first round of voting to see if he can make it to Walmart shelves in 2020.

Very cool to have a chance at an Astrotrain in correct colors again. Maybe Blitzwing can get another shot too. These 2 garner big nostalgia for me as I had them as a kid, but lost them.

I'd go for Skywarp over TC. Already have Commemorative TC, a G1 Skywarp would go nicely with it.
Re: Round 2 voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue (1998484)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on December 12th, 2018 @ 12:40pm CST
Amelie wrote:Image

Dang, that is a LOT of minibots on the shelves in that pic. I hope at least one of the Walmarts around me gets stocked that full. I want all four! Speaking of which, where IS that Walmart featured in the picture above?
Re: Round 2 voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue (1998490)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 12th, 2018 @ 1:45pm CST
Looking through the sources, I couldn't find the location sadly, so best keep eyes peeled
Re: Round 2 voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue (1998509)
Posted by Emerje on December 12th, 2018 @ 3:26pm CST
Wow, they've got so many of those mini bots they're taking over all of the empty pegs. I'm a little surprised there even are empty pegs, my local Walmarts are both filled beyond capacity with lots of stuff on the overhead shelf waiting for space.

Amelie wrote:For me - it has to be Thundercracker. He is the template for the animation model, after all. What surprises me at the moment is there is a lack of Blitzwing reissue, given he is in the Bumblebee movie, too.

Since this poll is for 2020 there's always a possibility of a 2019 line so maybe he's already happening?

ScottyP wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Whichever Seeker wins, we lose!
How do I vote for a teleporting Skywarp? That would be neat.

You mean like this? I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Emerje
Re: Round 2 voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue (1998570)
Posted by Sebstreak on December 12th, 2018 @ 9:59pm CST
Re: Round 2 voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue (1998573)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 12th, 2018 @ 10:25pm CST
Sebstreak wrote:Does anyone like me focus on buying mostly G1 from season 1? I understand Bee's reissue from Hasbro, but not the other mini bots. I think reissuing more than 2 deceptions in 2020 is realistic and profitable. I have most Toys R Us reissues from about 15 yrs ago. Wal Mart should focus on the missing ones like Sunstreaker, Ratchet, Willjack, Mirage, trailbreaker, the casettes, etc.
Sunstreaker, Wheeljack, and Mirage have long been un-reissue-able due to their original molds being long gone.
Re: Round 2 voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue (1998575)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on December 12th, 2018 @ 10:35pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:

More specifically, Wheeljack's is confirmed as shot to hell from wear, Mirage's is confirmed to be MIA (ditto for the Dinobots), and Sunstreaker's is all-but-confirmed as MIA - especially after his conspicuous absence from the Encore line and its parade of Diaclone-based redecoes (one would think that if his mold's whereabouts were known, as the very first of the Diaclone Car Robot molds he would have been given special attention there!).
Re: Round 2 voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue (1998576)
Posted by william-james88 on December 12th, 2018 @ 10:54pm CST

I do. Hasbro wanted to realease the stuff they had on hand, and all those molds were easily accessible due to Takara rereleasing them already:

And if you want an idea of the other stuff Hasbro will probably put out in that price range, we have all these molds easily accessible as well:

I am pretty sure we will get Pipe/Huffer and Gears in the next round.
Re: Round 2 voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue (1998578)
Posted by Seibertron on December 12th, 2018 @ 11:35pm CST
william-james88 wrote:Image

I keep hoping for a "G1 reissues improved" line. The vintage 1980s Hasbro boxes are a welcome change this time around. It's something that had never been done properly before, something that hearkens back to Takara's original reissues like Hot Rodimus, Convoy and Ultra Magnus from (yikes) shortly after the turn of the century. My fantasy "G1 reissues improved" line would do things like ... if you're going to do the mouth version of Bumblebee, commission someone to modify the original G1 artwork to reflect the mold so the artwork has a more G1 cartoon styled head (but in the style of that artwork) ... or if you're going to do a Perceptor reissue, give us a G1-toy styled head with a face and modify the artwork. Soundwave? Give him a red visor finally and modify the artwork. Little things like that which help make this set of reissues stand apart from other reissues. God knows they've milked their money out of their initial investments with these molds so it'd be nice to see some improvements made to set these apart from other reissues.
Re: Round 2 voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue (1998579)
Posted by Seibertron on December 12th, 2018 @ 11:41pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:

Yep, but that doesn't mean that reissues of those very figures can't happen at some point in the future. I think there's a lot of demand to see those figures happen after all of this time, especially the Dinobots.
Re: Round 2 voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue (1998580)
Posted by Seibertron on December 12th, 2018 @ 11:46pm CST
I picked up my Transformers G1 Hot Rod reissue at Walmart for $12.97 tonight! It was a little challenging getting them to swap out the one that Walmart.com shipped to their store for me with one of the ones that was on their shelves ("Sir, you can't do that!") and then the challenge of getting them to price match from Monday's price with the $12.97 price on Wednesday. It took 5 employees to figure out how to make it happen so that I ended up with the one I wanted from their shelves and get cash back at the same time. Good lord, it amazes me sometimes that Wally World is as successful as they are.

Re: Round 2 voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue (1998581)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on December 12th, 2018 @ 11:49pm CST
Seibertron wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Image

So much this! Hasbro has basically already opened the possibility for this by using Takara's latest retooling and redecoing of Bumblebee. He's almost as perfect a representation of the G1 cartoon model as he can be now, while still being ostensibly the original mold. Swerve, Tailgate, and Outback all have their improved face paint apps from Takara's latest reissues too, mostly giving them cartoon accurate blue eyes. Too bad Hasbro didn't think to give Starscream red eyes or change the painted stripes on his wings, but it's not the end of the world, I suppose. It's also a bummer that Hasbro apparently didn't opt for the "anime accurate" head sculpt for Devastator that Takara made a few years back for their Encore line.

I'm hoping that these reissues continue to sell well and that Hasbro will be brave enough to reverse engineer some of the broken and lost molds and give us the likes of Wheeljack, Sunstreaker, the Dinobots, and anyone else who has been consistently missing from these reissue lines. Yeah, the prospect of doing so is costly, but I bet a LOT of old fans would jump at the chance to get newly manufactured vintage figures and not have to worry about paying ridiculous aftermarket prices anymore or take their chances with getting counterfeit figures. I also wonder how Hasbro will eventually address the very obvious absence of Megatron from any reissue line.
Re: Round 2 voting begins on Hasbro Pulse Instagram for Walmart 2020 G1 Reissue (1998582)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on December 12th, 2018 @ 11:49pm CST
Seibertron wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Key word here is eventually ;)

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Autobot Ratchet Deluxe Action Figure " on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS SALVAGE, Griffin Rock Construction Team Flip Racer 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Battle In Moon Light Cyberverse Optimus Prime Trailer Part" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Bulkhead Takara Tomy MISB MINT" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots In Disguise Voyager Size Dreadwing MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Series 002 Arcee (TakaraTOMY)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of The Moon OPTIMUS PRIME Complete Cyberverse Dotm 4'' jetpack" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Rescan Quickshadow Action Figure" on EBAY