Roundup of Latest Details on 2018 Transformers Movie Toyline Featuring Blackout, Brawl, Megatron and More

Transformers News: Roundup of Latest Details on 2018 Transformers Movie Toyline Featuring Blackout, Brawl, Megatron and More

Saturday, October 28th, 2017 12:56AM CDT

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 37,562

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

While we had early leaks of what looked like new movie toys, there were a lot of details missing and no sense of scale or if it was actually happening or cancelled. However, we now have better information regarding the once rumoured toys along with strong evidence showing that they will come out and more importantly, giving us an idea of their scale.

Yesterday, we were given listings for upcoming toys that match perfectly with the previous rumours of what could be included in the 2018 movie line, here are the listings:

Transformers News: Roundup of Latest Details on 2018 Transformers Movie Toyline Featuring Blackout, Brawl, Megatron

Now this lines up very well with the previously rumoured toys, even those that had odd dates, confirming that this is the same line as the one that will include the Megatron and Brawl we previously saw. These listings are also our very best bet at determining the class/scale of the previously rumoured toys.

By looking at the clear distinctions in price points, we have 3 classes which for the sake of this article we will call Deluxe, Voyager and Leader.

Using that and all the info we previously saw, we end up with this as the contents of the 2018 Movie Toyline (known so far):

Deluxe

Bumblebee
Decepticon Stinger
Decepticon Crowbar
Ratchet
Jazz
Lockdown


Voyager

Starscream
Optimus
Megatron
Brawl
Ironhide
Starscream (different deco)


Leader

Blackout
Grimlock

Please remember that the class names are not confirmed, only the scale from one toy to the next. Also, from what we now know, the toys in this line should come with bases and backdrops.
Credit(s): Loopaza, TFCN
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Roundup of Latest Details on 2018 Transformers Movie Toyline Featuring Blackout, Brawl, Megatron and More (1918712)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on October 28th, 2017 @ 3:51am CDT
Ok phew. Am liking these size classes for the characters. Blackout and Grimlock totally should be bigger than everyone else and that's great.
Re: Roundup of Latest Details on 2018 Transformers Movie Toyline Featuring Blackout, Brawl, Megatron and More (1918730)
Posted by Spider5800 on October 28th, 2017 @ 9:54am CDT
Wonder how the Hasbro versions will be priced...

The lower price point is a little concerning, because it would imply they cheaped out somewhere to lower it. Smaller molds, less paint apps, less complex, etc. The Brawl and Megatron we've seen so far didn't seem very simplistic, so I'm going to assume the sizes shrunk AGAIN, but maybe they'll surprise me.
Re: Roundup of Latest Details on 2018 Transformers Movie Toyline Featuring Blackout, Brawl, Megatron and More (1918749)
Posted by Randomhero on October 28th, 2017 @ 1:18pm CDT
Spider5800 wrote:Wonder how the Hasbro versions will be priced...

The lower price point is a little concerning, because it would imply they cheaped out somewhere to lower it. Smaller molds, less paint apps, less complex, etc. The Brawl and Megatron we've seen so far didn't seem very simplistic, so I'm going to assume the sizes shrunk AGAIN, but maybe they'll surprise me.



IF Hasbro release them. It’s not like they always follow what Takara does and vise versa
Re: Roundup of Latest Details on 2018 Transformers Movie Toyline Featuring Blackout, Brawl, Megatron and More (1918754)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on October 28th, 2017 @ 2:41pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
Spider5800 wrote:Wonder how the Hasbro versions will be priced...

The lower price point is a little concerning, because it would imply they cheaped out somewhere to lower it. Smaller molds, less paint apps, less complex, etc. The Brawl and Megatron we've seen so far didn't seem very simplistic, so I'm going to assume the sizes shrunk AGAIN, but maybe they'll surprise me.



IF Hasbro release them. It’s not like they always follow what Takara does and vise versa


We already know Hasbro is releasing them, from other leaks and such.
Re: Roundup of Latest Details on 2018 Transformers Movie Toyline Featuring Blackout, Brawl, Megatron and More (1918757)
Posted by Randomhero on October 28th, 2017 @ 3:21pm CDT
Jeddostotle7 wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Spider5800 wrote:Wonder how the Hasbro versions will be priced...

The lower price point is a little concerning, because it would imply they cheaped out somewhere to lower it. Smaller molds, less paint apps, less complex, etc. The Brawl and Megatron we've seen so far didn't seem very simplistic, so I'm going to assume the sizes shrunk AGAIN, but maybe they'll surprise me.



IF Hasbro release them. It’s not like they always follow what Takara does and vise versa


We already know Hasbro is releasing them, from other leaks and such.


And and we were suppose to get two more box sets from titans return and the final wave of animated was always gonna find release or the final line of dark of the moon would get put out.

I’ll wait and see. Things change and leaks aren’t always true.

Remember the leak about the beast wars box sets someone who claimed to work at amazon and “saw everything” like Optimus form apeface and Megatron from snapdragon only for POTP to reveal none of that was true because the headmaster gimmick has been replaced by combiners again. God that was an amazing amount of trolling.
Re: Roundup of Latest Details on 2018 Transformers Movie Toyline Featuring Blackout, Brawl, Megatron and More (1918760)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on October 28th, 2017 @ 3:35pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
Jeddostotle7 wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Spider5800 wrote:Wonder how the Hasbro versions will be priced...

The lower price point is a little concerning, because it would imply they cheaped out somewhere to lower it. Smaller molds, less paint apps, less complex, etc. The Brawl and Megatron we've seen so far didn't seem very simplistic, so I'm going to assume the sizes shrunk AGAIN, but maybe they'll surprise me.



IF Hasbro release them. It’s not like they always follow what Takara does and vise versa


We already know Hasbro is releasing them, from other leaks and such.


And and we were suppose to get two more box sets from titans return and the final wave of animated was always gonna find release or the final line of dark of the moon would get put out.

I’ll wait and see. Things change and leaks aren’t always true.

Remember the leak about the beast wars box sets someone who claimed to work at amazon and “saw everything” like Optimus form apeface and Megatron from snapdragon only for POTP to reveal none of that was true because the headmaster gimmick has been replaced by combiners again. God that was an amazing amount of trolling.


Ok but... we've literally seen images of the packaging style for the Hasbro side of this line. That's how we know, at least for the Hasbro releases, that they'll come with display bases and backgrounds. This isn't some baseless rumor.
Re: Roundup of Latest Details on 2018 Transformers Movie Toyline Featuring Blackout, Brawl, Megatron and More (1918775)
Posted by william-james88 on October 28th, 2017 @ 7:47pm CDT
Spider5800 wrote:Wonder how the Hasbro versions will be priced...

The lower price point is a little concerning, because it would imply they cheaped out somewhere to lower it. Smaller molds, less paint apps, less complex, etc. The Brawl and Megatron we've seen so far didn't seem very simplistic, so I'm going to assume the sizes shrunk AGAIN, but maybe they'll surprise me.

I looked more into it and I think we are in the clear for it being the normal sizes we are used to. My comparison to previous listings was to the MB line and that line has a waaaay higher SRP. Which is odd since I bought Voyager Megs and Soundwave from the MB line for the same price as Voyager LG Lio Convoy. But the voyagers are priced the same as the voyagers in Takara's TLK line and the leaders are priced the same as the SRP for the standard TLK leaders in Japan (like Dragonstorm) so its basically the same quality as TLK that we can expect.

I changed my article accordingly.
Re: Roundup of Latest Details on 2018 Transformers Movie Toyline Featuring Blackout, Brawl, Megatron and More (1918783)
Posted by Spider5800 on October 28th, 2017 @ 8:06pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Spider5800 wrote:Wonder how the Hasbro versions will be priced...

The lower price point is a little concerning, because it would imply they cheaped out somewhere to lower it. Smaller molds, less paint apps, less complex, etc. The Brawl and Megatron we've seen so far didn't seem very simplistic, so I'm going to assume the sizes shrunk AGAIN, but maybe they'll surprise me.

I looked more into it and I think we are in the clear for it being the normal sizes we are used to. My comparison to previous listings was to the MB line and that line has a waaaay higher SRP. Which is odd since I bought Voyager Megs and Soundwave from the MB line for the same price as Voyager LG Lio Convoy. But the voyagers are priced the same as the voyagers in Takara's TLK line and the leaders are priced the same as the SRP for the standard TLK leaders in Japan (like Dragonstorm) so its basically the same quality as TLK that we can expect.

I changed my article accordingly.


Sweet, thanks for the update! A leader Grimlock and Blackout of the same quality as leader Megs from the TLK line would be pretty awesome. Hopefully they don't have the same QA issues the TLK line had, though (eye's Dragonstorm's heads).
Re: Roundup of Latest Details on 2018 Transformers Movie Toyline Featuring Blackout, Brawl, Megatron and More (1918798)
Posted by Deathsanras on October 29th, 2017 @ 12:33am CDT
Jeddostotle7 wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Jeddostotle7 wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Spider5800 wrote:Wonder how the Hasbro versions will be priced...

The lower price point is a little concerning, because it would imply they cheaped out somewhere to lower it. Smaller molds, less paint apps, less complex, etc. The Brawl and Megatron we've seen so far didn't seem very simplistic, so I'm going to assume the sizes shrunk AGAIN, but maybe they'll surprise me.



IF Hasbro release them. It’s not like they always follow what Takara does and vise versa


We already know Hasbro is releasing them, from other leaks and such.


And and we were suppose to get two more box sets from titans return and the final wave of animated was always gonna find release or the final line of dark of the moon would get put out.

I’ll wait and see. Things change and leaks aren’t always true.

Remember the leak about the beast wars box sets someone who claimed to work at amazon and “saw everything” like Optimus form apeface and Megatron from snapdragon only for POTP to reveal none of that was true because the headmaster gimmick has been replaced by combiners again. God that was an amazing amount of trolling.


Ok but... we've literally seen images of the packaging style for the Hasbro side of this line. That's how we know, at least for the Hasbro releases, that they'll come with display bases and backgrounds. This isn't some baseless rumor.



Re: Roundup of Latest Details on 2018 Transformers Movie Toyline Featuring Blackout, Brawl, Megatron and More (1918799)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on October 29th, 2017 @ 12:40am CDT
Deathsanras wrote:
Jeddostotle7 wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Jeddostotle7 wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Spider5800 wrote:Wonder how the Hasbro versions will be priced...

The lower price point is a little concerning, because it would imply they cheaped out somewhere to lower it. Smaller molds, less paint apps, less complex, etc. The Brawl and Megatron we've seen so far didn't seem very simplistic, so I'm going to assume the sizes shrunk AGAIN, but maybe they'll surprise me.



IF Hasbro release them. It’s not like they always follow what Takara does and vise versa


We already know Hasbro is releasing them, from other leaks and such.


And and we were suppose to get two more box sets from titans return and the final wave of animated was always gonna find release or the final line of dark of the moon would get put out.

I’ll wait and see. Things change and leaks aren’t always true.

Remember the leak about the beast wars box sets someone who claimed to work at amazon and “saw everything” like Optimus form apeface and Megatron from snapdragon only for POTP to reveal none of that was true because the headmaster gimmick has been replaced by combiners again. God that was an amazing amount of trolling.


Ok but... we've literally seen images of the packaging style for the Hasbro side of this line. That's how we know, at least for the Hasbro releases, that they'll come with display bases and backgrounds. This isn't some baseless rumor.





Okay, but those examples you're talking about are single waves or box sets. I'm talking about an entire line. Even if Hasbro for whatever reason doesn't end up releasing this line, we still know they're planning to for certain, which contradicts your original point, which was that you didn't think they were even planning to.
Re: Roundup of Latest Details on 2018 Transformers Movie Toyline Featuring Blackout, Brawl, Megatron and More (1918807)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 29th, 2017 @ 2:51am CDT
As it currently stands, we have all the reasons to believe Hasbro is planning on releasing this line in some shape or form. The examples given to the contrary do not detract from that, as the initial thoughts and hopes concerning them were similar to the ones we have for this line. We only knew Hasbro changed plans when they were either not released (Animated and Movie Trilogy), or not as originally thought (The Titans Return boxsets).

Just be patient and wait for further details before drawing conclusions :)
Re: Roundup of Latest Details on 2018 Transformers Movie Toyline Featuring Blackout, Brawl, Megatron and More (1918914)
Posted by william-james88 on October 29th, 2017 @ 9:46pm CDT
Hasbro has been known not to release one or two toys here and there, but not a whole line, and one that they financed and designed. I am 100% sure we will see more of these toys soon, hence why I wrote my article as a reference while we wait for better pics.

I will say this though, I do not expect any of these to be "mini MPs", as i have heard thrown around on the web by hopeful fans. These will be the same quality as the TLK toys. And that leader Blackout looked to be on the simpler side on the original images we got. It will be a fun scale, but I am not expecting anything mindblowing. It really will be like the leaders we got in AOE and TLK.
Re: Roundup of Latest Details on 2018 Transformers Movie Toyline Featuring Blackout, Brawl, Megatron and More (1919011)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on October 30th, 2017 @ 12:38pm CDT
I'm hopeful for a good deluxe Jazz and leader Blackout

(had to post, wasn't following the thread)
Re: Roundup of Latest Details on 2018 Transformers Movie Toyline Featuring Blackout, Brawl, Megatron and More (1919269)
Posted by Emerje on November 1st, 2017 @ 2:28am CDT
I feel like a lot of these are going to be them making the figures they wanted to make the first time around, but not having time thanks to the slimmer margin between design phase and release compared to the regular main line stuff. Plus modern engineering on some of the older guys like Starscream and Brawl. Blackout I still remain skeptical of with what looks to be thick arms and square feet.

Emerje
Re: Roundup of Latest Details on 2018 Transformers Movie Toyline Featuring Blackout, Brawl, Megatron and More (1920232)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 6th, 2017 @ 1:56pm CST
New updated thread title, I think a recap is in order. The info here is mostly from the TakaraTomy listings, supplemented with info from the PotP leaks. The numbering comes from the Japanese listings, but they should reflect the numbering scheme found on the recent Hasbro Voyager Brawl and Megatron leaks. Like all Movie lines, Japan and the US should follow roughly the same release order. Finally, these are mere educated guesses, as such they're not set in stone until info comes from Hasbro or TakaraTomy direct.

Deluxe Class Wave 1
01 Bumblebee (TF6)
02 Stinger (TF4)
03 Crowbar (TF3)
04 Ratchet (TF1)

Voyager Class Wave 1
05 Optimus Prime (TF2)
06 Starscream (TF1)

Leader Class Wave 1
07 Grimlock (TF4)
08 Blackout (TF1)

Voyager Class Wave 2
12 Brawl (TF1)
13 Megatron (TF2)
Re: Roundup of Latest Details on 2018 Transformers Movie Toyline Featuring Blackout, Brawl, Megatron and More (1920258)
Posted by Quantum Surge on November 6th, 2017 @ 3:23pm CST
You know fellas, it always felt weird for me that Movie Prime's first design is usually referred to as TF1 or TF2 when it remains unchanged until DOTM. That's probably just me, though.
Re: Roundup of Latest Details on 2018 Transformers Movie Toyline Featuring Blackout, Brawl, Megatron and More (1920412)
Posted by Va'al on November 7th, 2017 @ 1:04pm CST
We have another couple of images courtesy of regular Weibo source user [url=https://weibo.com/5150613875/Fu2m34INg?from=page_1005055150613875_profile&wvr=6&mod=weibotime]tf-factory /
淘宝店变形金刚改造工厂[/url], featuring the same two characters we first saw when the new Transformers movie-verse toyline was first teased: Brawl and Megatron, who appear to respectively occupy the numbers 12 and 13. While we have yet to receive proper confirmation that these are indeed all part of the Studio Series line, we do have crosspromotion for an Optimus Prime (05) and a Starscream (06) in the same line too, all of which will also include a cardboard backdrop (probably the box itself, much like the case for the Transformers Prime First Edition figures and their little cardboard stand) with the words 'Studio Series' printed on it. Check out the grainy images of the two Decepticons below, and join the discussion in the Energon Pub!



Re: Roundup of Latest Details on 2018 Transformers Movie Toyline Featuring Blackout, Brawl, Megatron and More (1920414)
Posted by Quantum Surge on November 7th, 2017 @ 1:24pm CST
Man, I just got Battle Blades Prime, and am I really going to have to buy this new mold? [spoiler]Of course I am![/spoiler]
Re: Roundup of Latest Details on 2018 Transformers Movie Toyline Featuring Blackout, Brawl, Megatron and More (1920415)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on November 7th, 2017 @ 1:25pm CST
These look like statues... Though Megatron's feet look like they can fold into treads so I might be wrong...
Re: Roundup of Latest Details on 2018 Transformers Movie Toyline Featuring Blackout, Brawl, Megatron and More (1920427)
Posted by Whifflefire on November 7th, 2017 @ 1:48pm CST
Decepticon Stryker wrote:These look like statues... Though Megatron's feet look like they can fold into treads so I might be wrong...


Didn't the initial report of these figures show Brawl's alt-mode?

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers PRIME RID LEGION RATCHET BLIZZARD OPTIMUS PRIME NEW WAVE 7 - Time Remaining: 1 day 6 hours 18 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers Collectors Club 2016 Ramjet Member Exclusive Figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 13 hours 19 minutes 18 seconds
Transformers Armada Starscream, Generations Sky Shadow Hasbro - Time Remaining: 1 day 9 hours 22 minutes 26 seconds
Transformers Adventure QUILLFIRE TAV39 figure Tomy Takara Japanese RID Warrior - Time Remaining: 1 day 16 hours 23 minutes 22 seconds
Transformers Adventure TAV38 Thunderhoof figure Tomy Takara Japanese RID Warrior - Time Remaining: 1 day 8 hours 23 minutes 22 seconds
Transformers 4 Age of Extinction Movie 4.5" Figure 1-Step Transform Lockdown New - Time Remaining: 3 days 23 hours 26 minutes 3 seconds
Transformers Generations CLIFFJUMPER Legion Legend Hasbro Combiner Wars - Time Remaining: 2 days 11 hours 42 minutes 12 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 9" DANCING AUTOBOT SQWEEKS CONNECT TO MP3. - Time Remaining: 3 days 15 hours 48 minutes 56 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent
Twincast / Podcast #188:
"Mutinous Intent"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, November 13th, 2017