Rumor: City Commanders Re-Release

Rumor:  City Commanders Re-Release

Tuesday, July 14th, 2009 10:43am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Counterpunch   Views: 15,994

It appears...that City Commander may be going back into production. Rumors have been coming from China and SE Asia about the possibility of a re-release of last year's City Commander set.

There are NO confirmations yet, only rumor. All the same, this info may be reason enough to hold off on any expensive purchase or a grab at the substandard KO version.

Details and quote from the Singapore Sightings thread over at TFW:

Originally Posted by stephenusprime
Hi Guys,

I am pleased to inform you that FP has informed me that they will be doing a reissue of last year's hottest item - The City Commander.

It will be an improved version of the existing mold:

- Added Chrome to the toy
- Additional weapon accessory.

I do not yet know how the chromed version would look like and what the new accessory is, but watch this space, for I will be posting more information on it.

For those newbies who have not even heard of the City Commander or how it looks like and starts to ask for pictures, here is the previous version, courtesy of Seibertron.com:

The final price is not yet know for now, as I am still in discussions on the pricing.

Deposit is set at $50, usual transfer to my account:- 004-65523-0, POSB Savings Account. Rest assured that when we have met the quota number of pre-orders, the price will surely be set lower.

Members who are interested please drop a transfer the the above mentioned account and with a new rule, drop me an EMAIL with your name, forum id, handphone number, fund transfer details for verifications in the format below:

Full name:
Forum Id:
Handphone Number:
Quantiy:
Amount Transferred:
Fund Transfer Details:

This is due to the fact that one joker transferring me money without having inform me anything whatsoever and just adding his name on the threads in my previous MOs, resulting in me scrambling to tally everything up again. You know who you are, if you like me to list you down, I will be glad to do so.

New members are welcomed to join this Mass Order, but I REALLY do not wish you joining the forum specifically just for this. So do interact more with the other members. We do not bite.

Again, as usual, I am contactable at 97795486/92954652 or stephenusprime@gmail.com

Cheers!

Credit(s): stephenusprime

Re: Rumor: City Commanders Re-Release (954848)
Posted by Solrac333 on July 14th, 2009 @ 11:30am CDT
I already have mine and it PISSES ME OFF that they are reissuing this....SIKE!!!! I love mine and they really should make more of these. Everyone should have this. :grin:
Re: Rumor: City Commanders Re-Release (954865)
Posted by It Is Him on July 14th, 2009 @ 11:58am CDT
Why would they reissue this toy for the Asian markets and not reissue the CJ kit for the Western markets. :-?

Otherwise, I approve. More people can afford/buy the kit now.
Re: Rumor: City Commanders Re-Release (954867)
Posted by Hyper-Chicken on July 14th, 2009 @ 12:00pm CDT
Awesome news! Now I won't have to pay Ebay markup or settle for a KO.
Re: Rumor: City Commanders Re-Release (954869)
Posted by Ronynus Prime on July 14th, 2009 @ 12:01pm CDT
On a personal note, I'm extremely excited about this considering I've done serious customizing to the classics/henkei molds; I've dismantled them all and combined the best parts of most of the like figures to make one quinessential representation of each character. If this new set includes metalized plastic, it would be the perfect fit with the other Henkei releases as well as perfectly contrasting the Magnus figure itself.

I do hope they make it unique in that the missles they use are the ones released with the Powered Convoy release (just so it fits with the Classics/Henkei uniqueness), and perhaps we could get an included variant head and a Wrecker war hammer or something along those lines.

I understand why some would be upset at an upgraded re-release with better engineering after shelling out so much for the original, but we all felt the same way when we purchased all the Classics molds thinking Japan wouldn't touch them... only to learn that the Henkei releases really make the molds pop with metallized parts and better paint schemes. This is the nature of things... just look at the iPhone releases.

I will buy this. :grin:
Re: Rumor: City Commanders Re-Release (954889)
Posted by skywarp-2 on July 14th, 2009 @ 12:38pm CDT
I'm not angry, I think everyone should have this mold..and I bought mine at a cheaper rate then most probably did, unless you bought it when it was first offered.. anyhow, I think that these upgrade sets are great. I hope the newer model isn't too terribly better then the original I own..that said, there is a high demand for Utra Magnus from classics.. and I wonder if Takara Tomy will be releasing an Ultra Magnus repaint of Henkei Prime for high Asian demands? that would certainly make the newer kit more attractable especially since no one will have to swith our Henkei Prime's Grill for U.S. Ultra Magnus Grill..

hmmm, I wonder if they are considering my Idea..

I emailed them about making a 3rd party product for another Transformers Figure..

but I'm remaining silent on the idea and their answer for now.. B-)

On the KO City Commander, One tends to wonder if this Newer remold kit has had a leaked prototype that has been used for the KO.. or is this confirmed that maybe someone thinks that the KO's which are getting better as they do them is going to be the rerelease??

I'm not too terribly sure I'd be taking this for face value just yet.. with all the KO's out there, it seems to be that us TF collectors are getting taken for a ride allot lately.. :evil: :evil:
Re: Rumor: City Commanders Re-Release (954899)
Posted by munkimus prime on July 14th, 2009 @ 12:56pm CDT
This is great I missed out on it last Year. My classics Ultra Magnus won't look naked anymore. :grin:
Re: Rumor: City Commanders Re-Release (954901)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 14th, 2009 @ 1:01pm CDT
Still a rumor guys...

It's not like any of this 3rd party stuff is even remotely above the table anymore...
Re: Rumor: City Commanders Re-Release (954943)
Posted by skywarp-2 on July 14th, 2009 @ 2:14pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:Still a rumor guys...

Yes, please heed CP's warning!!!

Do not get wrapped up in scams!!..come here to this website first so you can get all the info to make an informed purchase..

When I first got wind of a KO city commander, I was devastated..(and not by the toy) because I thought I may have gotten scammed..it turns out I got the actual kit, but the not knowing and the heart ache of putting out so much money and anticipation was killing me..

how can any of us really be sure we don't get a bad deal with all the 3rd Party stuff??
Re: Rumor: City Commanders Re-Release (954950)
Posted by Prime Evil on July 14th, 2009 @ 2:22pm CDT
Order from the online stores(reputable ones, like BBTS, TFSource, RobotKingdom, etc.)...not ebay. That's the only solution if this armor is rereleased.
Re: Rumor: City Commanders Re-Release (954981)
Posted by Warbreaker on July 14th, 2009 @ 2:53pm CDT
Oh, yes. Please be true.

I've held off from getting the original sets due to the joint complaints (Nemesis armor had fixes applied and after seeing pics I kept thinking of the original CC set as inferior...) so if, IF the set does get rereleased it should have better joints. Now, I know some eBay sellers I can trust and who have sold the kit in the past - my biggest doubt right now is whether or not they unknowingly get KO variants as well...
Re: Rumor: City Commanders Re-Release (954986)
Posted by Barrelass on July 14th, 2009 @ 2:57pm CDT
Although I am not too into chrome, this is great for anyone who missed out on this piece. It is one piece that everyone should have in their collection. I have the original and would like to eventually get some missles for him, but it is awesome that everyone should (if true) get a second chance at this piece. Just don't complain if you miss out this time.
Re: Rumor: City Commanders Re-Release (955025)
Posted by Decatron on July 14th, 2009 @ 4:00pm CDT
Added chrome? NTY.
Re: Rumor: City Commanders Re-Release (955036)
Posted by trence5 on July 14th, 2009 @ 4:10pm CDT
Man, I hope so. Ultra Magnus was my favorite character and this might be my last chance to get that kick @$$ add-on
Re: Rumor: City Commanders Re-Release (955046)
Posted by Savage on July 14th, 2009 @ 4:24pm CDT
If it's true, this is great news for the folks that missed out on the first running. I'm betting the new weapon accessory is shoulder launchers, which makes me a bit jealous. I'm interested to see how the chrome looks. If it looks substantially cooler than the original, I might have to sell mine and buy a new one.
Re: Rumor: City Commanders Re-Release (955099)
Posted by Flux Convoy on July 14th, 2009 @ 5:33pm CDT
I'm actually on the edge of being angry with this. Not with the guys making them but me. I ordered the DIA Commander set and I'm still not sure why yet. I own all the previous versions as well. Hell, I don't even have a spare Henkei Convoy or spare Classics Prime to put in them. I think I may be sick. I do really wish they could get that Cliffjumper set out again somehow. The after market on that thing is effing silly. I do echo that everyone should get City Commander though, well worth the money to me
:BOT:
Re: Rumor: City Commanders Re-Release (955393)
Posted by Mirage22 on July 15th, 2009 @ 2:47am CDT
Oooooooooo Chrome =P~ Thank god I waited off to get this guy lol
Re: Rumor: City Commanders Re-Release (955608)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 15th, 2009 @ 12:56pm CDT
Mirage22 wrote:Oooooooooo Chrome =P~ Thank god I waited off to get this guy lol

...But G1 Ultra Magnus didn't have chrome...
Re: Rumor: City Commanders Re-Release (955623)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on July 15th, 2009 @ 1:10pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:
Mirage22 wrote:Oooooooooo Chrome =P~ Thank god I waited off to get this guy lol

...But G1 Ultra Magnus didn't have chrome...

The trailer didn't, but the first version's cab did ;) Quoting Cobra Island Toys:

Type 1: Deluxe: The rubber-wheel, metal toe version. The upper legs and the gas tanks are chromed, and it has a full paint job. It has a windshield, and both the large and small heads have full paint jobs (the face and the antennas).

Type 2: A step up from Type 3... it's ENHANCED, meaning it still is plastic, and no chrome, BUT it HAS a windshield, and the small cab's head has paint on it. In addition, the faceplate on the large head was painted.

Type 3: The 'Kay-Bee' special...plastic wheels, plastic toes, no paint on anything, no chrome on anything, and no windshield.

Type 4: Note in the pic that the Kay-Bee version still has chromed lights and grill. There is an even more stripped-down version: virtually like the "Kay Bee" toys version 3 with absolutely no chrome, or face paint, or a windsheild, and has plastic wheels.
Re: Rumor: City Commanders Re-Release (955624)
Posted by skywarp-2 on July 15th, 2009 @ 1:10pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:
Mirage22 wrote:Oooooooooo Chrome =P~ Thank god I waited off to get this guy lol

...But G1 Ultra Magnus didn't have chrome...

here's the worrisome part CP..

Takara Tomy decides to do a Henkei Ultra Magnus..with Chrome..Now the Playing field is leveled and those who bought the NON chrome version paid way too much while the Japanese Versions, both in chrome are less expensive..

those who then buy and get both sets point and laugh a us.. :(

years later, as MY unchromed Powered convoy and City Commander sets are pristine and theirs are chrome Flaking.. I begin to laugh :lol: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :lol:
Re: Rumor: City Commanders Re-Release (955633)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 15th, 2009 @ 1:21pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:
Mirage22 wrote:Oooooooooo Chrome =P~ Thank god I waited off to get this guy lol

...But G1 Ultra Magnus didn't have chrome...

Oh, no no, I'm well aware that the cab sported vac metal parts.

Until Dreamwave came along, cab-Magnus was nothing more than something kids had to rationalize in their minds.

My point is that the 'Ultra magnus' presentation, specifically the trailer (which is the reason for the season) is shiney bit free.

All I mean to say is that chrome applicatin on the trailer will really only serve to make a re-release less accurate.

(also, I think the Prime/Magnus two pack is essentially the Japanese shot at getting Magnus)

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots DANI BURNS & (2) BLADES FLIGHT BOTS Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cliffjumper 2019 Figure Deluxe Class Earthrise War Cybertron Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Bumblebee Rescue Guard 10-Inch" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robot Academy Medix the Doc-Bot Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "VINTAGE 1984 TRANSFORMERS G1, Devastator , SCAVENGER + SCRAPPER, Takara, Japan" on EBAY
Buy "WFC-S37 BRUNT Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Hasbro 2019 MIB Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers - TRU Exclusive Masterpiece - MP-01 Acid Storm (MISB)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Rescan - Bumblebee (Rescue Jet) - Hasbro" on EBAY